Community > Posts By > HillFolk

HillFolk's photo
Sun 12/02/07 02:42 PM
I am liking the gutsy gibbon better. I always like working with betas. I got to run the beta for Windows 98 before 98 was on the market.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 12/02/07 02:37 PM
Running kopete which let me run the yahoo messenger. There are so many freeware programs that one can run. Starting to get the hang of it. Yeah, I am constantly using the view full screen on the browser. I can understand the dislike of toolbars. Neat pop up blocker built right in to the mozilla.

HillFolk's photo
Sat 12/01/07 05:20 PM
Got the yahoo tool bar through mozilla which eliminated the need to download it to ubuntu.

HillFolk's photo
Sat 12/01/07 03:47 PM
That is what I thought. See how she likes it. laugh

HillFolk's photo
Sat 12/01/07 03:45 PM
Ok, the correct wine version is 9.46. It ran the ghecko installer to try to run the yahoo messenger but take a guess what the problem with was that it had a problem with. You will never guess. Yup, it had a problem with the dll file. Here we go again.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Sat 12/01/07 03:34 PM
Wow, the downloads come fast. It is as they had anticipated I was coming.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Sat 12/01/07 03:31 PM
Found the right download for wine with gibbon.

HillFolk's photo
Sat 12/01/07 03:28 PM
rj I saw xfburn and acidrip for dvd burning as a new download for ubuntu gibbon.

HillFolk's photo
Sat 12/01/07 03:06 PM
The generic version of the Nvidia driver is working well enough for me to get the resolution from the driver that I wanted. The screen was just so freaking big there for a while but working great now.

HillFolk's photo
Sat 12/01/07 03:04 PM
Checking the ubuntu forums for answers and there are some good ones. Wonderfully thing about the ubuntu forums is so far is that no question is being treated as a dumb one. I reading about how to get yahoo messenger to work with ubuntu nd then will look how to get my creative web cam to work with ubuntu. Reading about some of the drawbacks with wine. I am wondering if it was called winne for whiners like me.bigsmile

HillFolk's photo
Sat 12/01/07 02:50 PM
That is stuff I am contemplating. She asked me why I was still single. Told me that she thought that love was overated but she does like sex. I consider it a sexual advance towards my person. For once I am being the mature one and just not making any advances that would get into trouble as it would be fraternizing but it is really messing with my head and other parts.bigsmile

HillFolk's photo
Sat 12/01/07 02:34 PM
I mean as long as they are of legal age and single they are fair game aren't they?

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/30/07 09:45 PM
Fetching upgrades. Oh, wow it even communicates in Red Neck.laugh I like that.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/30/07 09:33 PM
Unbuntu 7.04 fiesty fawn is working beautiful. The computer repairman download it at his shop. I wrote zeros to the hard drive to get rid of XP using Western Digital's lifeguard tools. The repairman works right across the street from my ISP and assured me it would work with my dsl. It updated 141 files and even my mouse and sound came on right at the beginning.

Roy

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/30/07 12:17 PM
Great day to fly or kite or to hang out clothes. I didn't have a kite.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/30/07 12:15 PM
Hanging out fine lines of clothes seemed to help me with my agraphobia and gave me a break from my claustaphobia. Luckily it was daylight outside so I didn't have deal with my nictaphobia. Oddly, enough I am not afraid of daylight. Hmmm.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/30/07 11:04 AM
One of the ways the nursing home and the forums has helped me is with my own anger. According to what the rehab counselors tried to explain to me with my depression is that depression can be anger not expressed but held within. I have found out that with the ability to vent that I can be aware of others venting, too. It helped me this morning with my mom. I found out that my mom confided with me about anger she had with my siblings. It wasn't anger with me for a change. Since it wasn't totally directed at me except that she told me that she didn't have money to give me to fix her dryer in my house. I offered to fix the dryer. She told me that I could ask the repairman about how to fix it. He asked me if I had checked to see if there was 220 at the receptacle and if I had 110 from both hots to common. He told me many times just ordering a heater coil and thermostat is not needed because the receptacle could become loose. He told me also to check the other end of the power cord in case the screws were loose. He then told me to stay where I was and he would get his meter and reshow me how to use one. I wasn't really paying attention and he told m when he told me not to come back to his work area that he meant it. Ouch.laugh I found out that both my mom and the repairman were having a bad day since he has a funeral to go to this evening. It was a good case of we will intuitively know what to do with situations which used to baffle us. Before I would just get pissed off and think that the whole world was picking on me. It makes sense if I get angry then others get angry too at at times. It has really been helping me with the verse of get angry but sin not. Getting angry is not a sin. Getting angry is natural part of life.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/30/07 06:03 AM
The Artful Dodger Of Love

You looked at the pictures as if they were broken.
Those words of love that were never really spoken.
The pieces we picked up as we started to mend.
But like those pictures we both started to bend.

It was a time for us to heal from the pain inflicted.
Caused by the way our relationship was restricted.
Restricted because I could never really talk to you.
But it wasn't because that I didn't ever want to.

There were times I wanted to break out of my shell.
But your honestly made my ego rage a living hell.
I was so entranced by the spell that it caused me.
And try as I did from it I just couldn't break free.

I wasn't raised like you for my life was different.
Your independency caused me to be indifferent.
All I could think of was that you must have nerve.
Making me turn your words around for me to serve.

I thought I was such a clever artful dodger, mate.
But all I caused you was more pain and hate.
I couldn't see your honesty making us equal.
All I could do is leave you hoping for no sequel.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/30/07 05:28 AM
You're welcome. I would have loved to have one of those when I was a kid.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/30/07 05:13 AM
The Ghost Of Friendship

When I was a monster I felt no pain.
Everything I did was for personal gain.
I could not forgive nor be forgiven.
It had to do with the way I was living.
I couldn't see the sun but wanted to.
It is during these times I think of you.
I couldn't let you into my world then.
But so much has happened, friend.
Ego couldn't let me admit my wrong.
Our days together would seem so long.
Shame we never got to know each other.
We were too much like sister and brother.
When I was monster I would lash out.
I made you into a monster no doubt.
But that was the way it was back then.
When monsters fight there is no friend.
We were mixmatched in time, mate.
We never did really get to go on a date.
It was all so rushed like a whirlwind.
Many years later I think of you as friend.
A difference you made way back then.
Today I see the sun and it is so bright.
I thank you for bringing me into the light.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25