Community > Posts By > HillFolk

HillFolk's photo
Wed 11/21/07 04:36 PM
How to Start Over If You’ve Lost Your Virginity
Secondary virginity is a decision to abstain from sexual activity, starting with today and continuing until the day you get married. It’s an opportunity to start over. Your physical virginity may be lost,
but virginity is more than just a physical state. It’s an attitude, a frame of mind. It’s manifested in the
way you look at yourself and others.

Secondary virginity is a time to change bad habits and heal past wounds. It allows you to clean and renew yourself prior to marriage.

Why do people choose Secondary Virginity?

Young adults say...

“I didn’t like being used.”

“We were so much into sex that we never became friends.”

“Just because I made a mistake doesn’t mean I have to keep on making the same mistakes.”

“I’m going to wait because I have hurt a lot of people as well as myself and I want to change my life for the best, for me and for my future children.”

Five Steps to Becoming a Secondary Virgin

Make a firm commitment to save yourself for marriage from now on, and believe you can do it. (Because you can!)

Get away from people, places, things and situations that weaken your self-control. Sometimes the healthiest thing we can do is avoid people who tempt us.

Avoid intense hugging, passionate kissing and anything else that leads to lustful thoughts and behavior. Anything beyond a brief, simple kiss can quickly become dangerous.

Find non-physical ways to show your love and appreciation.

Remember that anyone can start over. Including you! When you focus on commitment and self-discipline, you can control your impulses.

HillFolk's photo
Wed 11/21/07 01:09 PM
"Love is not only something you feel. It is something that you do." David Wilkerson, author of "The Cross and the Switchblade."

HillFolk's photo
Wed 11/21/07 12:25 PM
I just love women. Found some younger women more mature than me that are fun to be with and some older women than me that are fun to be with. Found some women my age group that are fun to be with. Not really dating but am enjoying friendships.

HillFolk's photo
Wed 11/21/07 05:57 AM
That reminds of the conversation I had with the nurse last night, Amber. Her ex told her that she fault like a girl and it pissed her off. So she fault like a guy and gave him a black eye. His new wife got pissed because she gave her husband a black eye. But the nurse found out that she was of legal age and eighteen now. Now the new wife was afraid of the nurse because the nurse told the new wife there was plenty left for her if she wanted some. The two women start comparing notes though then and then they were both mad at the guy. It all started because the nurse wished her ex Happy Thanksgiving. Now the new wife is complaining to the nurse about the guy and the guy is complaining to the ex about the new wife. In theory I think the nurse has become a mother-in-law. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

HillFolk's photo
Tue 11/20/07 03:53 PM
I got to learn how to text on a cell phone a few days ago. I had the same experience when I learned how to copy and paste. Oh, gees, that is so simple I should have figured that out on my own.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Tue 11/20/07 03:29 PM
Oh, I don't. The flashbacks have helped me to remember some of the stuff that happened during the foggy periods. I found out that I had been married and even had a son. I remember my ex even calling the halfway house and putting my son on the phone. She said, "You tell him where daddy is and why you are not here." Ouch. When I left I tried to blank out everything and pretty much did with the help of paint stripper, marijuana and speed. Herion scared me though. I remember at the halfway house talking to this needle freak and telling him he must be crazy for putting a needle in his arm. I said, "that stuff can kill you" and him telling me "oh and huffing paint stripper is not dangerous".laugh

HillFolk's photo
Tue 11/20/07 03:13 PM
To the original poster you can do what I did and remarry your ex. It helped me to remember why we got divorced the first time. I wouldn't advise it though because it didn't work for me.

HillFolk's photo
Tue 11/20/07 03:03 PM
The funny part was when I finally got out of denial after the first relapse. Man it hit me like a ton of bricks. I really am screwed up.laugh Since then I have avoided alcohol and drugs like the plague. I was just telling someone at a meeting the other day, "I don't need drugs and alcohol because I have flashbacks that will last a lifetime."laugh

HillFolk's photo
Tue 11/20/07 02:44 PM
I wanted to commit suicide back in 1982 and they say guys are afraid of commitments. I guess I was. I chickened out. There I was just sitting in the snow outside of the rehab building. I thought I want to end it all but I don't want any pain. I thought that just going dumb and not waking up would be the perfect solution. It was a great idea but then two guys grabbed me up by the shoulders and took me inside the building. I got in front of the desk and they asked me my name. I was trying to think because it had been some time since I had heard my own name. I was standing on my own when they asked me. I thought I was doing pretty good but then I passed out on the floor as they were getting my wallet out to get my driver's license. I vaguely remember them telling me that I had to be in the detox center for four hours because that was what the police expected. The two men dragged me to a cot nearby the desk because I was heavy to drag. Then I lost total consciousness. I remember waking up shaking through the delirium tremens trying to figure out what the pidgeons in the vent were trying to say to me. They gave me some orange juice and some peanut butter crackers. I was told later that was to get some color back into me and the chances were I wouldn't puke that back up. Some how I was sober and clean enough to answer the questions I thought the narcotics agent was asking me. He asked what all I had been taking. I told him I didn't know what the little pills were but they sure were pretty. I learned later that he wasn't a narc but a counselor. We got to play board games in the big room where we all ate. I remember this one guy who would always asked me who I thought was today.laugh I got to know some of the people when I went through the hot chair. There were a lot of people asking me all kinds of questions and they told me if I didn't answer correctly that I wouldn't be able to make it into the halfway house. The fortyninth day I was admitted to the halfway house and met this one nice Indian lady from Osowatome. She had come there from a pyche ward. She was a lot of fun to talk to.

HillFolk's photo
Tue 11/20/07 01:21 PM
For our relation****.laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

HillFolk's photo
Tue 11/20/07 12:56 PM
Hey, I saw him first. LMAO

HillFolk's photo
Tue 11/20/07 12:53 PM
Wow. A whole day. You are really a glutton for punishment.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Tue 11/20/07 12:43 PM
Do I want cheese with that whine? Yes. And I want some crackers, a glass of milk and what else can I have to go with it?laugh

HillFolk's photo
Tue 11/20/07 05:48 AM
So true, Marie. I think some of us are screwed up differently. Last night an aide who has been working double came in to help me since one of my regular helpers or an aide I was working with quit. Seems her husband is making a lot of money now and she doesn't need to work. Must be freaking nice.laugh Tried to call her and got her answering machine. The other aide who helped out I don't know what happened to her since she didn't call in. The aide that came in said she was tired from working so many hours but she brought fried chicken, salad, corn and some other food that was homecooked. Like I am going to complain.laugh I even complimented her between wolfing down the food.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 04:24 PM
This place should warm you up. Hi

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 04:11 PM
Pink is almost like red but not quite. Aerosmithlaugh

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLRLhV9U0kQ

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 03:56 PM
Dear Diary,
How old were you before you found out that you weren't like other children?

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 03:19 PM
So what time do they get up, Duffy?laugh

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 03:07 PM
Noggin may mean:

A carpentry term. A noggin, or dwang is a short length of material, usually wood, inserted between two studs, joists, rafters or similar to brace a frame or to support a fixture. It is also the term for a brickwork infill-panel in timber frame construction. The article dwang illustrates.
A small drinking cup, often one made from wood and holding about ¼ of a pint. From this also a small drink, especially of an alcoholic liquor; ¼ pint. Example: "Many a noggin of whiskey is here quaffed..."
A unit of liquid measure, usually now of alcohol, equal to one quarter of a pint or a gill, that is either 142mL if using Imperial (British) pints or 118mL if using US pints.
A person's head, English slang usage, corruption of noggen, from Old Low Germanic noc by way of Old English. Technically the latter term is always plural; compare to ox and oxen; brother and brethren, child and children, all of which retain Old English plural terminations. Example: "This thought kept chasing through our noggin." (New York Times).
A lump of cheese in Black Country slang.
A class of proteins. In biology, noggin proteins are a class of proteins that are important in embryonic cellular differentiation.
A famously strong ale brewed by Charles Wells brewery of Bedford, England marketed as Noggin.
A television network. Noggin is a US television network for preschoolers and was a British children's' nostalgia channel.
A book and television character. Noggin the Nog is a character in the eponymous series of books and television programmes made by the UK company Smallfilms.
An abbreviation for the Neuronal Oscillations Group in the Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics at the University of Oxford. Also known as the NOG and Paulsen Lab interested in the cellular basis of information processing in the mammalian brain.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 09:32 AM
I was wondering how people view the word. I had to be real supportive last night. I was warned ahead of time that the person I had to deal with was at their wit's end and close to quitting. If you wanted someone one to be supportive of you how would you expect them to act.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25