Some folks come here and to stay.
Why is it that you came here day?
Are you a traveler needing a rest?
Always room here for a new guest.
Smile; this is no where to be blue.
People always saying, "I love you."

HillFolk's photo
Tue 11/27/07 06:07 AM
It is an old western but in color that stars Burt Lancaster. It has a real good plot and I thought the movie was just awesome. It is a real good rendition of Cain and Abel in a western. Burt is constantly having to cover for the old man's son and by the end of the movie the son just about screws over everyone even his dad. If you get a chance check it out. You will wonder why they didn't just shoot the son earlier in the movie.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/26/07 05:28 AM
Was watching this commercial on Lipozene, last night. It looked interesting, Amber.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/25/07 06:41 AM
Ubuntu I found will send a free cd of the software. I got the iso file downloaded for 7.10 and put XP on the machine since ME wouldn't run the program. I even tried my own Red Hat 9 and my Knoppix. Couldn't get on the web with Red Hat because I didn't have a linux driver of the USB 2.0 for the built in net card. It is a NVIDIA nforce Networking Controller that works with windows but the linux wouldn't recognize the setup.exe.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/25/07 06:31 AM
Welcome, Kari.

Jax one of the nurses pointed at my stomach asked me when it was due.laugh Some of the main exercises I do every day is bend over to empty the trash cans and pull up the new bags; Empty the foley bags and look under beds to find shoes. The new aide they gave me to help is so short thought. She is twenty and when we do the change of positions for the residents I just about pull her across the beds.laugh To arm and leg a resident out of a bed is just about impossible with her because of our height differences. Either she is going get taller or I am am going have to shrink.laugh Had a pretty good last night. I did want to take away this one resident's call light priviledges but the nurse said it wasn't allowed.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Sat 11/24/07 08:39 AM
I hear that, James. laugh

HillFolk's photo
Sat 11/24/07 08:29 AM
Good morning friends. I had to turn the heat down on propane heater because it was getting too warm. Drinking a cold glass of sweet tea. It came out better this time. I bought a new sewing kit for my scrub tops because they have encountered too many door knobs, wheelchairs and old ladies.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Sat 11/24/07 08:17 AM
Changed out the dryer and got the newer dryer in. It makes noise and goes through the cycle but I think the heater coil doesn't work because it doesn't get the clothes dry. But it does match the other dryer since they are both white heavy duty Speed Queens. I have decided when I get paid to ask the repair shop how to replace the heater coil or see if they will come out and fix it. I think the noise of the dryer that I just put in has a better placebo effect.

HillFolk's photo
Sat 11/24/07 07:58 AM
30-40 points: you understand and respect individuality in yourself and others. 15-29 points: you c0mpromise quite a bit on your own individuality and expect your mate to do the same. 0-14 points: you completely lose yourself in relationships and expect your mate to do the same. If you happen to break up you end up asking yourself "Who was I again?"

OKCupid has some really cruel tests.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Sat 11/24/07 07:41 AM
Hi! And welcome to my Individuality Test. When we get in to relationships with others, it can be easy to lose our individuality. I think maintaining our individuality is important in having a good opinion of ourselves. This test is to see if you respect individuality in yourself and others. Can you be with someone and still be yourself as well as allowing them to be themselves? Take the quiz and find out.
1. Your date happens to like a type of music you've never particularly cared for. While playing it in the car, you ask him/her.........
What the hell are you listening to?
That sounds interesting, who is it?
I don't like that, can we listen to something we both like?
If you like it, I guess I can too.

2. You and your mate are in bed together. You just started having sex when he/she does something that hurts too much. Do you....
Swear and pull away scowling
Moan and bear it
Respectfully ask them to be more gentle
Dig your nails in, two can play this game

3. You are the one who has a head for finance in your relationship. You know you and your mate could live better if you set up a budget together and got serious about it. Upon suggesting this to your mate they reply....
Why so you can monitor everything I buy?
We live paycheck to paycheck, what difference would it make?
Why don't you go ahead and do whatever you want?
Why don't we sit down together and figure it out?

4. You and your mate are alone for the evening and he/she wants to watch sports on TV. Your reaction?
Why don't I I sit with you and just do my own thing?
I hate watching sports, let's go to a movie instead?
You did that lastnight, can't we do something different?
If you are doing that, I'm going to bed.

5. You decide to make a nice meal for the two of you. While preparing it, your mate keeps you company in the kitchen. Their comments as you cook....
Why don't you use the bigger pan for that?
Can I help you with anything?
Shouldn't you add a little (insert any ingredient)?
Don't use that towel, it's for drying your hands!

6. You have an evening set aside to go out with friends. That evening comes and your mate responds......
Don't worry about me (sarcastically), go have fun.
Why can't I come with you?
That's ok, I'll stay here alone and bored.
I'll miss you

7. You and your mate are getting gussied up for a night out. As you are getting ready he/she says to you.....
Why don't you wear less makeup/hair gel etc.?
You're wearing that?
This is fun, we should do ourselves up more often.
Why don't you put on a little cologne/perfume?

8. You and your mate are going on a road trip. They started off the trip driving and you offer to take over. Their reaction.....
I don't think so (but they guilt-trip you later for not driving)
Um, I don't really like the way you drive, maybe if you slow down.
No way, you scare me when you drive.
Hey, yeah, that would be great.

HillFolk's photo
Sat 11/24/07 03:52 AM
I was taught to love everybody but I was told I didn't have to like everybody.

HillFolk's photo
Sat 11/24/07 03:50 AM
You will feel better after the newness wears out.

HillFolk's photo
Sat 11/24/07 03:49 AM
I thought the calculator and protractor were really scary but really got to me was the long division as I remember having a problem with long division.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Sat 11/24/07 03:41 AM
I just love this thread because with it I don't feel so alone. Haven't had any panic attacks in a couple of years but was chatting with someone at the time when I had mine. Then I chatted with someone who was having them. Sharing really helps even if it is online. My trouble with leaving my comfort zone is geographic cures. Thinking that going somewhere will fix it when it is me. I am still taking me with me and I become the problem. It is good to know that one has options and something to fall back on. When my thinking gets really screwy I go to be with others and sometimes it is helpful if I socialize before it gets too screwy. I have to remember that an addict alone is in bad company because that is the one an addict last used with. Sometimes when I miss a meeting I can really feel it and at other times I can go for days and be ok as long as I am socializing with someone. It is when I start isolating too much that it can be a problem. But one must take risks at some point for growth to occur. Having two loving pets has really helped a lot.

HillFolk's photo
Sat 11/24/07 02:36 AM
Oh ok, I found the problem. What Operating Systems are supported?
Windows Vista, XP, and 2000 are known to be working fine with Wubi. Windows 98 should also work, but it has not been thoroughly tested. Windows ME is not supported. Linux is supported through Lubi http://lubi.sourceforge.net/.

HillFolk's photo
Sat 11/24/07 02:02 AM
The wubi downloaded finally after I went to sleep. My server would keep stopping on me. Then it went through the final process and rebooted then I couldn't find it again. Good morning, Duncan.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 06:11 PM
My dad used my granny's boiling black kettle to make some grape wine in and I guess granny didn't notice so all the sheets and white stuff turned out pink.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 05:59 PM
Trying Wubi which is ubuntu 7.04.04 but it has the exec file.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 05:12 PM
On the third attempt the Ubuntu iso file of 7.10 finally downloaded. I found the Ubuntu forums.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25