The Archbishop's gonna sanctify me
And if he don't come across
I'm gonna let it roll
When Black Friday comes
I'm gonna stake my claim
I'll guess I'll change my name

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 01:47 PM
Wow, I was washing clothes and found my AC phone charger for my phone in my scrub top pocket. Dayum, I got to wash clothes more often this could be profitable. Ok, it is at 25% download.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 01:35 PM
I got one real sister, four half sisters and one step sister, four half brothers and one step brother. It can be hard to define the difference in real, half and step. They all seem so lifelike.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 01:11 PM
Put glitter on all the cobwebs. It really livens up the old dungeon. It confuses the spiders, too which can be fun.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 12:59 PM
I will just have to find a new Spider Solitaire program.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 12:53 PM
Ok. Looks like I will have plenty of time to wash the clothes and use the new dryer while Ubuntu 7.10 is downloading.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 12:30 PM
You're welcome, James.flowerforyou I got the dryers changed out and my brother and me moved the bowflex, too that I didn't know we were going to transport in a little truck. By the way if you ever find yourself moving a bowflex get plenty of strap and don't be in any hurry because it is wider than most doorways.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 11:08 AM
Waiting for my younger brother to come over so I can take out the dryer from my grandmother's house and put it into mine. Mom called back and he should be over here directly.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 09:44 AM
When Blatant a while back said that there are no absolutes that has helped me. It has helped to be in the here and now better when I communicate with someone in the real world.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 09:30 AM
You know its over when the fat lady has laryngitis.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 09:18 AM
Good thread, LadyValkyrie37. When I am dealing with Alzheimers residents I tell them who I am. It doesn't matter that whenever in five minutes later they ask me who I am again. The idea is that within the time they are aware of who I am we can have an almost normal conversation. I have become to love the redundancy and each time it can become different for me and them as well because I know ahead of time what they are going to say so I can change what I say knowing what they will say. It helps me to learn by finding out what doesn't work and what will work. It is like stepping back in time to correct errors. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 08:29 AM
It sucks when some quit and it is like a blessed relief when others quit. I guess it just how well you get along with them. I left my number of they needed me. Not like there is anything better going on.laugh Quite nippy and cold this morning outside. I just got back from the restaurant. My normal waitress not to say the other waitresses aren't normal was busy. She said she was sorry she had a family of seven to attend to and couldn't get away. She was proud that her brother and son were there and her son talked to me. She said one of them was a twin and I asked her which one was the twin.laugh I first thought they were both her sons but she was referring to another son that was not there. She gave me a hug like she always does when I come in. I was glad that the owner took my order instead of her because she always tries to buy my breakfast and I was starting to feel like a freeloader.laugh She used to be an aide where I worked but she gets hundred dollar tips daily where she works at the restaurant and doesn't have to work so much overtime at the nursing home so she quit. I can't really blame her.laugh Heck, if I looked like her I would be waitressing, too.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 07:22 AM
Swords of Compassion, Sheilds of Love

As the madness descends because the ego won't let go
The insanity permeates so deeply that it reaps the soul.
The fool weakens from rage to tears as the syringe bites
But the medicine flows as the fool gives up the fights.
As consciousness fades and nirvana becomes awakened
The fool is lost in thought but the body stops shaking.
The fool crosses over from nightmare to nightmare
But he finds a comforting friend who is always there.
The guardians of the night and the angels of the day
Are always on guard there protecting comes what may.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 06:40 AM
The holidays means even more call-ins so that those that do come in even have more of a load to handle with the same pay which makes the call-ins more profitable to the business since the ones who do come in who do more at the same rate of pay. The only ones who suffer are the ones who show up but the ones who call-in and the business itself comes out ahead.

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 06:31 AM
So it doesn't upgrade but transfers? Everything that was on ME is carried over to Linux without having to have two OSes? Not like a Mozilla Firefox from Internet Explorer with favorites but a complete melding of the two OSes where the new OS takes everything from the old where the new OS doesn't have to format the old OS and the new Linux OS is the actual upgrade with everything from the old OS already in place?

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 04:58 AM
I think the movie Freaky Friday explains it well. Freaky Friday is a 2003 comedy drama film starring Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis as a daughter and mother whose bodies are switched because of an enchanted Chinese fortune cookie. This is the third time this film has been made by Disney, and the second in ten years. The original was made in 1976, and a 1995 television remake was produced for ABC in 1995. This story is based on the book of the same title by Mary Rodgers.

What happens when a couple gets together and have a child they call each other momma and daddy so that the child will call the woman momma and the man daddy. The mother can like being call momma as it can give her respect. The father can like being called father because it can also give him respect. The respect can come from the child. But it can go deeper than that. According to transitional analyses there is the child, the adult and the parent that resides in all humans. Even though the man is the father to the child he is also suppost to be an adult. Even though the woman is the mother to the child she is also supposed to be an adult. So the two are suppose to be equally adult but they both are also suppost to be parents, too to the child. In the movie when the changeover took place and the daughter's mind went into the mother and vice versa it represents transactional analyses well. The father liked being called daddy by what he supposed to was be the mother but in actuality was his daughter. There is a war that can take place though since of the transactional analyses. The adult male can say to the adult female you aren't my mother and the woman can say to the adult male that you aren't my father. This can happen because the adult resides in the male as well as the female adults but the child also resides in the adult male and adult female and it likes to be cuddled.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 04:21 AM
Just let your horns hold your halo on. When you can play ring toss with your halo with another one who has horns then you know that you are good, Jess.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Fri 11/23/07 04:15 AM
I had a good Thanksgiving all in all. I found out the lady who works for my mom was just kidding with me. Mom brought her back a plate of dinner that my sisters cooked, too. I didn't realize it though until it got to the bannana pudding. Mom got me a slice out and the lady said ok that is yours and now the rest is mine.laugh Gees, I can get so sensitive at times and a good laugh can ease the tension. Got a new 20 year aide that started working with me Wednesday. She has been working in another nursing home for three months but doesn't have her license, yet. The nurse told me it was my job to train her and if I had a problem with her to let her know. The new aide did just like I did when I was new. She just stood back and watched me do all the work. I got irritated with her just like the aide who taught me how to do my job.laugh Twisted karma.laugh How do they know if you don't teach them? laugh The nurse noticed me talking to myself and told me to talk to the new aide.laugh I was moving faster since I knew I had a new person to work with and found out that was illogical because she was an aide, too.laugh So I slowed down and told the new aide to get on one side of the beds and I will get on the other side. I had to talk to her like she was completely new and try the military approach which is not to expect anything out of a new soldier and treat them like they are completely brainless.laugh Then I started to tell her what to do and when to do it. The funny thing about moving too fast was that all I was doing was showing her how well I knew the job and I wasn't teaching her anything.laugh I would lose her and when she found me she would say I finally found you.laugh I think a person can finally be teachable once they can teach others.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Thu 11/22/07 06:54 PM
I think that was a fuzzy operation, creative though.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Thu 11/22/07 06:48 PM
Hang on the line. A fuzzy operator will be right with you.laugh

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25