Community > Posts By > HillFolk

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:59 AM
So tyedye pink would be ok?bigsmile

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:56 AM
I bet there is a catch or something to keep the sliders from sliding right out.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:55 AM
Oh ok. The lady said they were going to get some new Slider Samsungs. Have you tried the sliders and do you think they are better than the fliptops?

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:45 AM
Mine is a Samsung SGH-a127. I found out this morning that the chargers are different. I lost the AC charger one somewheres so bought a car charger one in case I find the AC one.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:42 AM
I wonder what colors would go with pale pink. One aide told me that I must be colorblind or I would be better color cordinated.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:38 AM
Thanks, Brennon. I did notice people coming into the Radio Shack store where I bought the phone trying to switch out their sim's card. I bet sim's cards are as different as the phones.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:35 AM
So if you saw something big and pink coming at you might go the other way?

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:33 AM
Its ok I can't read. Just kidding.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:31 AM
Oh ok. I have been trying to look less scary at night so I thought neon pink would definately not work. I don't want to glow in the dark.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:26 AM
So the shade of pink makes a difference. Hmmm, interesting. How about bubble gum pink?

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:22 AM
That was what I was wondering.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:21 AM
I have heard there is a difference in a flamingo and a flaminco.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:07 AM
Ok, I won't feel so bad then with the size 14 crocs that a lady bought for her son but he wouldn't wear. I guess I will just have to be a trendsetter.:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 08:03 AM
The nurse coming on duty this morning told me that real men wear pink. I thought I would get a general consensus.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/19/07 07:59 AM
After forking out a hundred bucks for a cell phone for an A T& T prepaid cell phone they told me that if I wanted to go to a plan that I would have to buy a different phone. I was told that they are billed different.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/18/07 06:12 PM
Through the scriptures. My favorite book is Ecclesiates and the first chapter is the favorite of that book.

All Is Vanity
1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

3 What profit hath a man of all his labor which he taketh under the sun?

4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.

6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.

7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full: unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

8 All things are full of labor; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

The Experience of the Preacher
12 ¶ I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem.

13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

15 That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered.

16 ¶ I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge. 1 Kgs. 4.29-31

17 And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.

18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/18/07 04:23 PM
University scientists have determined that cherries are rich in naturally occurring phyto-nutrients and deliver a multitude of health benefits

Powerful Antioxidants: Cherries have been shown to contain powerful antioxidants. Research is on-going into the potential health benefits of cherries and their role in fighting disease.
Promoting Active Lifestyle: Studies have shown that cherries are a significant source of anthocyanins, which have been shown to inhibit certain cyclooxygenase enzymes produced by the body to signal pain and inflammation.
Sleep Regulators: Studies have shown that cherries contain a significant amount of melatonin, a naturally occurring phyto-nutrient that helps the body regulate circadian rhythms and maintain consistent sleep patterns.
Consumption of Bing Sweet Cherries Lowers Circulating Concentrations of Inflammation Markers in Healthy Men & Women
Journal of Nutrition, U.S.D.A., University of California at Davis (04/2006)

Tart Cherry Anthocyanins suppress Inflammation-Induced Pain Behavior
Behavioural Brain Research, The Johns Hopkins Hospital (08/2004)

Consumption of Cherries Lowers Plasma Urate in Healthy Women
Journal of Nutrition, U.S.D.A., University of California at Davis (08/2004)

Cyclooxygenase Inhibitory and Antioxidant Cyanidin Glycosides in Cherries and Berries
Phytomedicine, Michigan State University (10/2001)

Detection and Quantification of the Antioxidant Melatonin in Montmorency and Balaton Tart Cherries
Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center (10/2001)

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/18/07 04:16 PM
I was just exercising my futility muscles. Just wondering if others have had exercises in futility.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/18/07 02:59 PM
MIAMI -- A Florida man police said was breaking into cars at Miccosukee Resort and Gaming was attacked and killed by a 9-foot alligator while trying to run from police.

Investigators said officers responded to reports of car break-ins at a Miccosukee Indian Reservation parking lot located at 500 S.W. 177th Ave. in Miami.

One of the men was quickly captured by officers during the incident last week but the other robbery suspect tried to elude officer by jumping into a large pond behind the facility, according to a WJXT-TV report.

During the swim, police said, an alligator attacked and killed the man. He was apparently bitten on the head several times.

The victim's body was recovered at the bottom of the pond about a day after the reported break-ins.

The men were not identified in the report.

Meanwhile, an alligator believed responsible for attacking and then killing the man was captured and transported to All American Gator in Pembroke Park.

"Some alligators just have a nasty disposition and he was just a nasty gator," owner of All American Gator Brian Woods said. "He seemed to have no fear of people."

The alligator is being kept in storage until the medical examiner's office can inspect the reptile, a trapper said.

Miccosukee employees said the alligator was well-known on the reservation and was given the nickname "Poncho."

"Anytime an alligator digests or even kills a person, it is a state law through the Florida Fish and Game that the gator be destroyed," Woods said.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/18/07 02:33 PM
I think more people in America trust God with their money than anyone else.laugh

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25