Community > Posts By > Peccy

Peccy's photo
Sat 05/17/14 07:28 PM
It doesn't matter even one bit what the number is. A higher number is arbitrary. Purchasing power is what matters. If less people are working because businesses can't afford the higher wages, then less is produced which means less for everyone no matter how you redistribute it.

If EVERYONE worked, even at 1 cent an hour, more wealth would be created and we could all buy more. Money is after all nothing but a representation of labor. If no one labors, doesn't matter if you have a $500 minimum wage.

Not suggesting that we have a 1 cent minimum wage, but not $16 per hour for flipping burgers either.

Peccy's photo
Tue 04/29/14 09:28 PM
I can almost guarantee that the distrust in the military stems from having him as commander in chief. I would say that our military themselves have a fair amount of distrust in the man.

He's proven his ability to lie (or fall on the knife for his higher ups). And what officer do you know that loves calling a civvie sir?

Peccy's photo
Sat 04/26/14 09:12 AM

I just love how people from the South or the East think they know how things work out here in the WEST when it comes to cattle ranching and grazing permits. Seeems to me like a lot of people supporting Cliven Bundy are just doing it because they are anti-government.

I am Native Arizonan and have grown up with ranching uncles, aunts, many cousins, family and friends in Arizona cattle ranching. Many were homesteads that date back before statehood...1880's.

Most of the lands out here are either Forest Service or BLM that ranchers graze their cattle on. Very little land of the ranch is patent/private land. They have permits to run X amount of cattle on their allotments, depending on the size of the allotment and the quality of the grazing land.

The entity that issues the permit, either Forest Service or BLM has always been able to regulate how many cattle you run on your allotment, based on the quality of the grazing land. One ranch I spent a lot of time on originally had an 800 head permit that was cut back over the years to around 400 as the land became overgrown with oak brush, juniper and cedars. Another rancher I know had to pull all his cattle off for a couple years due to lack of rainfall, droughts and extremely poor range conditions. As conditions improved, they put the cattle back on.

All the ranching families I know out here in Arizona have paid their grazing permit fees. Cliven Bundy is really SCREWING UP BAD and will lose his ranch in the end....so much for the history of the Bundy family.

The real value in these ranches is the permit.
Do you love it? Just because we don't live there, doesn't mean some of us didn't come from there! Step down off that high horse!

Peccy's photo
Sat 04/26/14 07:55 AM
Why is everyone spouting racism? Who really cares about that, this whole thing is about something bigger. Open your eyes!

Peccy's photo
Fri 04/25/14 12:34 PM
LOL.......I just watched the WHOLE interview, speech, whatever you want to claim it was, but one thing it's not is racist. Too many of you believe what you hear and don't make your own decisions. Too easy to let MSM do it for you I guess.

Peccy's photo
Fri 04/11/14 05:06 AM
Tank goodness the senators in my state, GA, aren't on that list! Maybe they have a clue. Wish I could say the same for my home state MD.

Peccy's photo
Sun 03/02/14 08:46 PM
I suspect something is brewing.......not sure what though

Peccy's photo
Mon 02/10/14 07:59 PM

craziness, I tell ya

but organizing and finances accomplishes a lot

pushing 'sexuality' on children is the least of what we need to be focusing on in our schools,,,,

Agreed.......can't believe it! Does this call for champagne? I'll meet you halfway....shot of Tequila! Oh wait... you don't drink do you? I'll take a double then....

Peccy's photo
Fri 02/07/14 08:46 PM
The worst thing: scammers, desperate people, immaturity, sentence cohesion.

Best thing: this is where I found my other half 6 years ago!

Peccy's photo
Fri 02/07/14 08:39 PM
Trying to put a timeline on that, is like trying to unlock a door without a key.

Peccy's photo
Fri 02/07/14 08:31 PM
I for one, feel like I belong everywhere I go, even the ladies room! Well only once did I ever go in there by mistake! It was at a Burger King and I had been drinking, but I used it! Side note: that place was dirtier than the mens room!

Peccy's photo
Sat 02/01/14 07:21 AM
This is exactly what is wrong with this country. As our rights are eroding away, the masses are worried about what some kid is doing. People ... this is pathetic.

Peccy's photo
Thu 01/30/14 02:37 PM

it was my perspective, something Im not obsessing over, just something that seemed like a bit of good news, even if it isn't PERFECT,,,

I forgot this, it seems the author of this piece also forgot to mention we have a record level of people receiving food stamps, yet they still say that the economy is doing better? More=Less?

Also, this little piece is from The Department of Labor Website:

"In the week ending January 25, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 348,000, an increase of 19,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 329,000. The 4-week moving average was 333,000, an increase of 750 from the previous week's revised average of 332,250."

So, it's good news that MORE people lost their jobs? I guess More=Less again.

I'm not obsessing here, just looking for that bit of good news still.

Peccy's photo
Thu 01/30/14 12:57 PM
Oh, I'm all for good news! But it seems good news and our economy are rarely happy together any longer. Word is, bad news is tapping our economy on the side. So I'm just waiting for the divorce!

Peccy's photo
Thu 01/30/14 12:15 PM

For those who care for positivity for a change,, though Im sure the negative will eventually overtake the thread,,,

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/households-seen-driving-u-fourth-quarter-growth-060512150--business.html

What did you think the end result was going to be? Puppies and rainbows? Of course household spending is up, when you charge more for a product people use that's what is going to happen. I'll reserve any excitement for real news, like the announcement the $85 billion being pumped by the fed into the economy monthly stops. Or that pigs have grown wings....whichever comes first.

Peccy's photo
Thu 01/30/14 10:13 AM
LOL........... The picture painted by this article is distorted. Prices of products have risen, but wages have not. Therefore, spending has indeed increased, but due to stagnant wages, purchasing power has declined.

Peccy's photo
Thu 01/30/14 09:20 AM
Of course he didn't...........lol Notice how die hard supporters are silent? I think America is starting to open their eyes to what has been going on the past 50 or so years. Obama is not the whole problem, just a percentage. But he has the honor of being one of the last straws. WAKE UP EVERYONE! You think this wasn't planned? And Hilliary is poised to drive the last nail in the US coffin!

Peccy's photo
Sun 01/26/14 04:10 PM
Edited by Peccy on Sun 01/26/14 04:11 PM

Oh he's also an Illegal Alien on FOOD STAMPS!

Yet another welfare and illegal alien insanity story �� while amnesty pimps like Sen. Dick Durbin keep telling us ��"undocumented immigrants can’t collect welfare".

The head of the largest heroin operation in Polk County, FL history, along with numerous others who work for him, are illegal aliens who collect food stamps. Four of the operation��s women also collect WIC payments.

In addition to raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars in drug money, the ringleader collected $900 every month from the government.

"��You, the hard working taxpayer of this state, were paying him for this,"�� the Polk County Sheriff said.

So once again cash-strapped taxpayers foot the bill for illegal invader criminals. And every time Conservative lawmakers like Rep. Steve King (R-IA) try to mandate citizenship checks for welfare they are called racists who want to starve little children.

Remember this story when the push for amnesty begins.
http://toprightnews.com/?p=994

*Granted this story is pulled from a right wing news source, but I saw the link on facebook and when there are illegal immigrants utilizing resources that people swear up and down is impossible, it burns me up. And it's not BS, video from a newscast covering this story is on this site.

I don't know an area of our lives where fraud is 'impossible' but it is usually also prosecutable,,,
but weren't you one of the ones who scolded me for suggesting that illegal aliens can get welfare....because your mom did social services or something and you were positive they couldn't..........might not have been you, I can't recall.

Peccy's photo
Sun 01/26/14 03:17 PM
Edited by Peccy on Sun 01/26/14 03:34 PM
Oh he's also an Illegal Alien on FOOD STAMPS!

Yet another welfare and illegal alien insanity story �� while amnesty pimps like Sen. Dick Durbin keep telling us ��"undocumented immigrants can’t collect welfare".

The head of the largest heroin operation in Polk County, FL history, along with numerous others who work for him, are illegal aliens who collect food stamps. Four of the operation��s women also collect WIC payments.

In addition to raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars in drug money, the ringleader collected $900 every month from the government.

"��You, the hard working taxpayer of this state, were paying him for this,"�� the Polk County Sheriff said.

So once again cash-strapped taxpayers foot the bill for illegal invader criminals. And every time Conservative lawmakers like Rep. Steve King (R-IA) try to mandate citizenship checks for welfare they are called racists who want to starve little children.

Remember this story when the push for amnesty begins.
http://toprightnews.com/?p=994

*Granted this story is pulled from a right wing news source, but I saw the link on facebook and when there are illegal immigrants utilizing resources that people swear up and down is impossible, it burns me up. And it's not BS, video from a newscast covering this story is on this site.

Peccy's photo
Wed 01/22/14 12:27 PM
So a person only gets to have the basic needs now in your world? Why should person A work hard so that person B who does nothing can have an equal amount of whatever they do?

What's the rationale for that thought? Whatever happened to having initiative? Pride? Where is that even remotely fair?

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25