Community > Posts By > CharliePiano

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 07:01 PM

Karma, yet another delusion. True every action has a consequence, but many of the most evil people on earth live the most fulfilled with happy families, consciouses and pocket books.

How can you possibly have a clue of how "fulfilled" someone else's life might be? That's pretty presumptuous is it not?

I would have to agree. Appearances are just appearances. No one can possibly know things like that about people, especially people they don't even know.

Quoted from YOU! "But I think you are probably clueless why your life sucks" That sounds pretty presumptuous to me, you freaking hypocrite.

If you are going to start name calling and having a tantrum you will have to leave. Its against the rules.

So does your life suck or not? Tell us all about it.

Already told you, my life is great. Does your life suck? How horrible is your loneliness?

And calling you a hypocrite isn't an insult, just the way it is. You did something, then said no-one could possibly know what you said... so you're a hypocrite.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:56 PM

blood of a chicken...WTF

Are you sure your not my mormon neighbor

It was a joke really, however the idea is what i was going for. She doesn't appear to have any knowledge of the real world, but because she has read into whatever wickan, magic, whatever she's read, she thinks THAT is knowledge.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:54 PM

Karma, yet another delusion. True every action has a consequence, but many of the most evil people on earth live the most fulfilled with happy families, consciouses and pocket books.

How can you possibly have a clue of how "fulfilled" someone else's life might be? That's pretty presumptuous is it not?

What i'm saying is some people who do horrible, horrible things, live good lives. Some people who do great things, live the shittiest lives. Where's the karma? The next life? well there's absolutely no reason to believe that that's true at all.

Then don't believe it. Nobody cares.

I debate it because it worries me that people put such weight in ridiculous stuff like this.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:53 PM

I would have to agree. Appearances are just appearances. No one can possibly know things like that about people, especially people they don't even know.

Quoted from YOU! "But I think you are probably clueless why your life sucks" That sounds pretty presumptuous to me, you freaking hypocrite.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:52 PM

What i'm saying is some people who do horrible, horrible things, live good lives. Some people who do great things, live the shittiest lives. Where's the karma? The next life? well there's absolutely no reason to believe that that's true at all.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:50 PM

So Charliepiano does not believe in Karma or magic or the supernatural.
Nuff said by Charlie. I guess he has no more reason to hang around in this thread.

I suspect, however, his education on any of these subjects is limited.

And what's your education on the ACTUAL world? What have you learned about thermodynamics, string theory, physics, etc etc? I'm guessing not much. You get some herbs and blood of a chicken in a bowl and say you know the world.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:49 PM

The difference

"Stupid" vs "Ignorant" Karma.

Stupid Karma will come back to you and you will suffer because you know your life sucks because of your stupidity.

Ignorant Karma will come back to you but you are clueless as to why your life sucks, but at least you will suffer less mental anguish. You will just think you are unlucky or a victim.

Karma is a word used to comfort those who have been wronged. "He committed an act of evil, at least i can feel happy that they'll get their come upins."

First of all, you cannot possibly have access to that kind of knowledge and you cannot possibly be an authority on Karma or the law of cause and effect. You are simply expressing your opinion, which I feel is very narrow.

But I think you are probably clueless why your life sucks.

My life rocks woman. I have a woman that loves me, i just closed on a mortgage on a beautiful house, a job that keeps my accounts filled to the brim and i have a family that loves me... oh, and an awesome dog.

Now if you want to project your own presumptions onto my life, that's your issue.

Now what if i said your views were narrow? That you were unwilling to accept reality, and hence needed some alternative cosmic truth... some Karma for those who wronged you, or karma rewards for yourself.

I know enough about magic, karma, religion, spirituality, to know that it's a bunch of junk that people in-content with the natural order of things come up with to bring some unneeded color into the world.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:43 PM

Magic, as it's conceptualized as a complex force that can be manipulated or at least felt by humans, is equally absurd as a sky daddy or a flying spaghetti monster.

Because you don't believe in magic, understand it or make magic in your own life (intentionally) does not make it unreal... magic happens all the time. How sad you choose to dismiss the idea before learning about it. Magic is more than chanting in a tree..although that's a good place to start.

Hey, i can insult you too... watch.

How sad that you choose to try to paint your life with this fake brush, instead of accepting it for it's actual state. How sad that you see it as this place with pixies and fairies, instead of valuing the aspects of life that are REAL and Valuable.

It wasn't an insult, if ya took it that way and fell better now than that's good.

I don't see my life as pixies and fairies..it's all an illusion, my life, your life, none of it's really real. What each of us value or find valuable is subjective.

We each get to paint out own lives with whatever brush we choose, that's the magical part.

Isn't pity for someone who doesn't desire pity another form of insult? to me it is. Saying "poor you, you with your mindset" is an insult. You might not have meant it that way, but i don't know anyone who's flattered to get pity.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:41 PM

The difference

"Stupid" vs "Ignorant" Karma.

Stupid Karma will come back to you and you will suffer because you know your life sucks because of your stupidity.

Ignorant Karma will come back to you but you are clueless as to why your life sucks, but at least you will suffer less mental anguish. You will just think you are unlucky or a victim.

Karma is a word used to comfort those who have been wronged. "He committed an act of evil, at least i can feel happy that they'll get their come upins."

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:29 PM

Magic, as it's conceptualized as a complex force that can be manipulated or at least felt by humans, is equally absurd as a sky daddy or a flying spaghetti monster.

Because you don't believe in magic, understand it or make magic in your own life (intentionally) does not make it unreal... magic happens all the time. How sad you choose to dismiss the idea before learning about it. Magic is more than chanting in a tree..although that's a good place to start.

Hey, i can insult you too... watch.

How sad that you choose to try to paint your life with this fake brush, instead of accepting it for it's actual state. How sad that you see it as this place with pixies and fairies, instead of valuing the aspects of life that are REAL and Valuable.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:24 PM

You only say that because you have no idea what magic is. laugh :tongue:

and you say there is because you conceptualize reality and what is natural occurrences with the supernatural.

I have NEVER implied that "Magic" is anything but natural. It is NOT supernatural. You assume too much because you don't know anything about it.

My point is that you label completely natural events as "magic." You start chanting in a tree or something, get a warm fuzzy feeling in your stomach, and say it's a spirit flowing into you or some other thing. The world is amazing, and there's much we don't know about it still, but that doesn't mean that it's magic.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:17 PM

You only say that because you have no idea what magic is. laugh :tongue:

and you say there is because you conceptualize reality and what is natural occurrences with the supernatural.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 06:09 PM

CharliePiano's photo
Mon 06/07/10 11:12 AM

slight correction, the laws supported KILLING(just as our capital punishment does) , by nature of them being laws, they werent murder

Did you even read the examples i used? Most of them are stories about how god instructed people to kill, or killed them himself, or imbued other people with his abilities, in order to kill.

your examples were of KILLING, you even slipped in one about BEARS killing people and not people killing people which is either an honest mistake from copying and pasting without reading or a pretty clever tactic to make the list longer,,lol

but if it was in the law it was no more murder than our capital punishment,,,,that was the only point I was making

I know your argument about the "laws," and i don't give a crap about that. I'm giving you examples of God himself, intervening or giving permission or power for people to kill other people. Either you don't understand the bible as well as you claim or you're purposely avoiding the examples i gave of God KILLING people... not even making laws actually KILLING them.

CharliePiano's photo
Mon 06/07/10 10:47 AM

slight correction, the laws supported KILLING(just as our capital punishment does) , by nature of them being laws, they werent murder

Did you even read the examples i used? Most of them are stories about how god instructed people to kill, or killed them himself, or imbued other people with his abilities, in order to kill.

CharliePiano's photo
Mon 06/07/10 09:38 AM

It's nothing but a story of an Almighty Hitler, and you're preaching it and supporting it. whoa

HA! Well said :)

CharliePiano's photo
Mon 06/07/10 09:37 AM

Life!

When lived to its fullest is the best religion.

Well said good sir!

CharliePiano's photo
Mon 06/07/10 09:36 AM

first of all, before Jesus came to the earth people were punished for their sins while still on earth, there was no judgment day.
------
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.
------
All this is saying is she will be punished with the lake of fire. Does not mean that someone on earth will burn this woman to death.

When the bible speaks of death that is referring to lake of fire. So in terms all it's saying is do not do such and such or you'll be punished with the lake of fire. Please know the bible before making false accusations

I'll play along with your silliness.

These are deaths most certainly of this world.

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

In these it is being purged from isreal, an unmistakable act that would take the living to invoke, put to death by stoning, obviously not a lake of fire, and completely destroying all the inhabitants of a village.

And here's some more.

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night
But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle
For the LORD had said to Moses, 'Exempt the tribe of Levi from the census; do not include them when you count the rest of the Israelites. You must put the Levites in charge of the Tabernacle of the Covenant, along with its furnishings and equipment. They must carry the Tabernacle and its equipment as you travel, and they must care for it and camp around it. Whenever the Tabernacle is moved, the Levites will take it down and set it up again. Anyone else who goes too near the Tabernacle will be executed.' (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)

Kill Brats
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

Killed by a Lion
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him. (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)

Kill Sons of Sinners
Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

Kill Men, Women, and Children
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

Please know the bible before making false accusations

again these are from old testament, and in the times the old testament was the law people were judged on earth for their sins. Eg., stoning, putting to death.

You said that God never told anyone to murder, and i showed you where you were wrong... that's all.

CharliePiano's photo
Mon 06/07/10 08:54 AM
Guess what, i have even more. Geesh your god was a douche :smile:

More Rape and Baby Killing
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

Mass Murder
This is what the Lord of hosts has to say: 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and *****.' (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)

Kill All of Babylon
"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

God Kills Some More
Then the LORD said to me, "Even if Moses and Samuel stood before me pleading for these people, I wouldn't help them. Away with them! Get them out of my sight! And if they say to you, 'But where can we go?' tell them, 'This is what the LORD says: Those who are destined for death, to death; those who are destined for war, to war; those who are destined for famine, to famine; those who are destined for captivity, to captivity.' "I will send four kinds of destroyers against them," says the LORD. "I will send the sword to kill, the dogs to drag away, the vultures to devour, and the wild animals to finish up what is left. Because of the wicked things Manasseh son of Hezekiah, king of Judah, did in Jerusalem, I will make my people an object of horror to all the kingdoms of the earth." (Jeremiah 15:1-4 NLT)

This is fun, finding all this evil in the bible... crap what a dark, horrible book you worship.

CharliePiano's photo
Mon 06/07/10 08:43 AM

how is God then a theory? The things in the bible was documented as they happened, giving it substantial evidence.

And we have documented observations of evolution :) except those people who documented it then had their documentation challenged and accepted by skeptics alike.