Community > Posts By > CharliePiano

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 10:47 AM
RAWR! I DRINK MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS!!!! BECAUSE IT GIVES ME ENERGY!!!! GAAAAARRRRR!!!!!! I TAKE PICTURES OF MYSELF POINTING TO THE ENERGY DRINKS, BUT I REALLY JUST WANT YOU TO LOOK AT MY BICEPS, BECAUSE I WORK OUT, BECAUSE OF ALL THE ENERGY I HAVE!!!!

hehehe.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 10:42 AM

I too, am an Atheist with no belief in or of anything spiritual or supernatural. I fail to see any need for either.

It's all too funny to me.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 10:40 AM

Charlie Piano wrote:

If that's your definition of mysticism than sure... however, i don't believe that we can say that "something cannot ever be known" because who's to say that we won't find out in the soon or distant future. I'm not saying that it will be explained, all i'm saying is i'm not going to go to a chapel with a bunch of guys in funny hats to tell me there's some sky daddy or sprite or flying spaghetti monster that is the reasoning behind all of it.

I don't know the answers, and probably never will, but i'm not going to let that be an excuse to jump in and choose from the jumble of gods and divine explanations out there to sooth my ignorance.

Well, I'm with you on that one all the way! :thumbsup:

Lol, awesome.

BTW, your profile picture... love that book.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 10:36 AM
Just 20... baby boy of the site.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 10:34 AM

i was just joking on my profile but the truth is that i want to make people laugh

With your shirt off like that and that bandana on your head... you're doing a good job. rofl

Charlie, you are too much today. First Prince and now this.rofl rofl rofl

Lol, i'm a bit into it today hehehehe.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 10:20 AM

I do not :). Mysticism implies to me a level of happening not accountable to the workings of the universe. The word in itself applied to a "naturalistic" setting i find doesn't fit in the least. Simply because we can't understand how something happens, does not mean that it wasn't through completely logical, understandable measures... we simply haven't discovered what those measures are.

How does this differ from any other 'faith' or 'delusion'?

All you're saying here is that you have "faith" that somehow all of existence can eventually be explained in terms that make sense.

But there is nothing in science that indicates that this should be the case. On the contrary, there is plenty of evidence for the contrary. There is good reason to believe that methods of scientific inquirey that we have used to figured out the laws that govern the nature of this unviverse cannot possibly be used to go beyond that. They simply can't be applied beyond their domain of applicability. And once place where that domain clearly ends is at the Big Bang, when considering what might have cause that event to come into being.

In fact, the current theory suggests that it was a random quantum fluctuation. That, my friend, is just fancy language to say that we have no explanation for it. Moreover, our current theories of Quantum Mechanics demand that no explanation can ever be known because there is no way for our "scientific method of inquiry" to peer beyond the quantum veil of uncertainty.

In a very real sense, science has already shown us that we can never know the true nature of the world using the scientific method. Thus science itself demands mysticism, by definition. (i.e. that which cannot ever be known)

If that's your definition of mysticism than sure... however, i don't believe that we can say that "something cannot ever be known" because who's to say that we won't find out in the soon or distant future. I'm not saying that it will be explained, all i'm saying is i'm not going to go to a chapel with a bunch of guys in funny hats to tell me there's some sky daddy or sprite or flying spaghetti monster that is the reasoning behind all of it.

I don't know the answers, and probably never will, but i'm not going to let that be an excuse to jump in and choose from the jumble of gods and divine explanations out there to sooth my ignorance.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 10:11 AM
hehehehe... he is a bit purple isn't he... damn :)

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 10:10 AM

i was just joking on my profile but the truth is that i want to make people laugh

With your shirt off like that and that bandana on your head... you're doing a good job. rofl

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 10:00 AM
okay... every girl on this topic is very hot... and yet i go to other topics where they're straight... and they're 50 and... well not what i'm looking for.

DAMN SAUCE!

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:46 AM

yes or no

All your profile says is "having sex"..... if you knew anything about most women, you'd know that it's not exactly a turn on to them.... so i'm going to guess they'd mostly say no...

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:45 AM
I will NOT... under any circumstances date any of those dirty, conniving, criminal, stupid, poor, freaking loser of all loser... purple people... they're just not worth it.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:37 AM

pitchfork What came first...the priest or the athiest? The idea that had to be created or the nothing that already is.

That's a loaded question. Obviously, the priest came first...unfortunately, on a little boy.

For that joke alone... i think i love you! hehehe

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:31 AM

Moreover, the mystical religions are "naturalistic" religions. Even from a naturalistic point-of-view, one must confess that it is 'unnatural' for something to spring into existence from nothing, yet here we are.

So in a very real sense any true concept of naturalism must necessarily include a component of mysticism don't you think?

I do not :). Mysticism implies to me a level of happening not accountable to the workings of the universe. The word in itself applied to a "naturalistic" setting i find doesn't fit in the least. Simply because we can't understand how something happens, does not mean that it wasn't through completely logical, understandable measures... we simply haven't discovered what those measures are.

Also, i believe in biogenesis as much as any skeptic. It's simply the best theory we have right now, and me personally not being a scientist, my knowledge on the subject is limited.

Also, i agree that it's a shame that religions seek a level of delivering moral judgement on their peons.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:26 AM

Atheists believe they have souls... they just merge and dissipate back to the greater energy that surrounds us all.

To be an atheist is to only claim either to lack a belief in a god, or to deny a belief in a God... any other spiritual, mystical or divine beliefs are purely individual and not adherent to the masses of atheists. I for one, being an atheist, believe that there is no spiritual world of any sort, and hence that i, and you, have no souls, only consciousness.

That doesn't mean that no other atheist doesn't believe in a soul. There's a sect of buddhism that claim no deities, hence by definition they too are atheists. Same goes for certain groups within Satanist cults.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:18 AM
I don't see where it's a proof?... it just sounds like contemplation to me. "God is like gravity..."

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:15 AM
I personally love Sam Harris to the pit of my heart :)

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:12 AM

No one can prove if theirs a god or not. Its a usless debate that has no end in sight... Ever really until something happens and whatever made everything reveals itself... And even then who`s to say that that is the true god? I mean who created him?

I dont know personally anything about science really, but I know that for the most part were just going to have to accept the fact that everything just happened, no if ands or buts, if theirs an ultimate god who created everything whos to say he gives a **** about us?

Another thing is we could all just be living in a weird version of the sims, and then the sims were created for a bit of irony and so on and so forth.

Theirs sooo many different things that could be made into a possible explaination. I mean come on if Scientology exists, yeahhhh.

HA! I think i like your thinking bud.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:06 AM
I've yet to see a religion that is wholly beautiful. Even if they only teach morally superior aspects of life, ultimately, if there's any mystical/divine side to it, than it means that it requires deluding oneself to reality to believe in it. Because of this aspect, it's far less beautiful than having no religion, and observing the world from a naturalistic standpoint.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 05/30/10 11:07 PM

You seem to have shut your eyes and ears (and mind too)!

Yet, you must've forgotten about your mouth???

Not that I mind, but the old fairytail is loosing its ground, for some reason. And I wonder, if there really was God, would He ever allow for such a terrible sin to happen? ? ?

Yes he would, already tells us in the bible this will happen. People will become more and more evil disregarding God more every day as time goes on. This is what brings upon us the end of times.

The world has become significantly less horrible since the rule of the catholic church, the dark ages. In fact, crime amongst teens is down over the past ten years, and the population of people declaring themselves as "non religious" has been going up rather rapidly.

As we disregard God, we regard our fellow man, and become more empathetic to his needs, not more selfish for our own, as the holy man strives for his place amongst the heavens.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 05/30/10 10:58 PM

The bible says quite a bit about sodomy... but what about scissory? ;)

exactly, I always considered that more of a prolonged foreplay or lustful act than actual sex,,,but everyone is different

Hehehe, i was mainly just going for the laugh factor. It's all pollywash to me :)