Community > Posts By > CharliePiano

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:37 PM

Ok first off lets make it clear that in those times the old testament was the law. And in the old testament people were punished for their sins while still on earth.

The only people at that time that was righteous was Moses and his family. So they are the only ones that deserved to get on the ark. Also keep in mind, there wasn't many people that inhabited the earth at that time, people tend to forget that and say stuff like "what about the other thousands that were not on the ark."

The flood was to cleanse the world of the sin that was here at that time, so in order to do that the most righteous had to be saved while the others were judged and put to death to cleanse the earth of the disease called sin.

It's the same god though? We have systems created that are more efficient at making bad men good than this god character did.

This guy not only is immoral but lazy.

God is far from lazy. And plus it is our job to get right with God, it's not God's fault. So you calling him lazy is irrelevant to anything.

You claim the opposite, but don't back it. Instead of helping lead people on a more moral path (which your God doesn't even understand himself) he just kills them (my basis on how he doesn't understand a moral path). Anyway, this is like saying harry potter isn't really a wizard... doesn't matter because he still doesn't exist. :D

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:34 PM

lol,,,the commandments are for Man not God,,,God does not sin against creation, he CREATED it

doesn't matter if he follows them or not...you were the one that said that intentionly killing someone is murder ....

The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse ( I added intentional and left out unlawful ) ,, it is against the law... laws written for MAN and unable to be applied to God,, because he is just in whatever he does,,,,

this of course is my belief,,,,which is why we will have a fundamental difference in opinion when comparing Gods 'accountability' to mankind's

Oh, so you support his killing of thousands of infants, children, and the like... really moral of you.

morals are subjective,,,I believe God was just ,,,,,to take his creation out of the sin of the world,,, but I believe that is ONLY Gods right to do so...

I believe that it's no one's right, imaginary or not, to decide the outcome of anyone else's life. I would never kill someone and say it was just. Hence, i am morally superior both to you and your god.

hmm, you wouldnt make a decision about someone elses life if that someone was endangering those you loved? if they were choking your mom or child for instance? ,, you would just stand by and let the chips fall where they may?

I'd protect my loved ones at any cost, but if it came to kill them, and if i did, i would never justify that their loss of life was to my benefit.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:34 PM

Ok first off lets make it clear that in those times the old testament was the law. And in the old testament people were punished for their sins while still on earth.

The only people at that time that was righteous was Moses and his family. So they are the only ones that deserved to get on the ark. Also keep in mind, there wasn't many people that inhabited the earth at that time, people tend to forget that and say stuff like "what about the other thousands that were not on the ark."

The flood was to cleanse the world of the sin that was here at that time, so in order to do that the most righteous had to be saved while the others were judged and put to death to cleanse the earth of the disease called sin.

It's the same god though? We have systems created that are more efficient at making bad men good than this god character did.

This guy not only is immoral but lazy.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:33 PM

very good analogy for what God was doing. Again, sin is nothing more then a infectious disease. And to clean the planet at the time of this disease God did what was needed.

Funny, i had the same mentality of infectious faith and the that we need to clean the planet of this disease.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:32 PM

If I make a model plane,, and I have it on display and someone ELSE takes it,, thats theft,, If I decide to take it, destroy it, give it away,,,thats no offense because it is MY creation to decide what to do with

MsHarmony that's an bad analogy ...let's give you one that fits the subject..let's say that you created a human clone in your image...is it ok if you kill it since you created it

actually, yes, If I could actually duplicate myself,,It would be within my right to decide what to do with my duplicate,,,,

Than i am morally superior to you :D

really? so what if this 'clone' had some strange bacteria, that once it got into the air would kill people for thousands of miles around,,,,,,should I allow others to PERISH to save my creation? should I condemn my creation to a life of isolation? or should I send it back to the nothing from which it came and spare others death and spare my clone an isolated life?

life and death choices arent always so simple,, or simply about 'morals'

You're taking a different take on it. Originally you said that it was your creation, so your right to choose what happens to it in it's life, even though it would be a fully conscious, knowledgeable creature. Now you're arguing semantics and trying to justify your right to kill it :)

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:29 PM

Or does it mean the space overlords planted us here and each one we came into contact with we considered a god.

If you look at all the archeological evidence throughout the world you could the Greys are the source for all major religions throughout time.

I know it's a crazy theory, but since I believe in intelligent life outside of this solar system, it's easy for me to believe.

LOL, it's no less crazy than a jew walking on water. In fact it's far more believable.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:27 PM

lol,,,the commandments are for Man not God,,,God does not sin against creation, he CREATED it

doesn't matter if he follows them or not...you were the one that said that intentionly killing someone is murder ....

The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse ( I added intentional and left out unlawful ) ,, it is against the law... laws written for MAN and unable to be applied to God,, because he is just in whatever he does,,,,

this of course is my belief,,,,which is why we will have a fundamental difference in opinion when comparing Gods 'accountability' to mankind's

Oh, so you support his killing of thousands of infants, children, and the like... really moral of you.

morals are subjective,,,I believe God was just ,,,,,to take his creation out of the sin of the world,,, but I believe that is ONLY Gods right to do so...

I believe that it's no one's right, imaginary or not, to decide the outcome of anyone else's life. I would never kill someone and say it was just. Hence, i am morally superior both to you and your god.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:24 PM

If I make a model plane,, and I have it on display and someone ELSE takes it,, thats theft,, If I decide to take it, destroy it, give it away,,,thats no offense because it is MY creation to decide what to do with

MsHarmony that's an bad analogy ...let's give you one that fits the subject..let's say that you created a human clone in your image...is it ok if you kill it since you created it

actually, yes, If I could actually duplicate myself,,It would be within my right to decide what to do with my duplicate,,,,

Than i am morally superior to you :D

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:23 PM

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:19 PM

Of course, God ultimately equates to magic. God, by my logic, must always have existed. No begining, no end, the cause of everything.

A true religious person doesn't create answers, that person seeks answers or the "truth".

I don't just make crap up but I can't speak for anyone else, including the authors of the Bible. But if you look at the Bible, you will see an astounding amount of scientific claims about the Earth, space and time that people from 3000 years ago would have called "made up".

What is also intriguing is the study of numerology and the Old Testament.

The Bible instructs people to seek the truth, so ask your questions.
Do your own research and find your own answers. Don't allow anyone else to control your mind.

I'm not telling you to go look up those examples, I'm just giving you ideas for questions...

Oh my. Then what about the Aztecs? They had the stars tracked for the next 5000 years... does that mean their religion is right as well?

For me, no. For others, that's their choice. Everyone should come to their choice on their own, otherwise it's not a choice.

There are very similar stories and claims throughout many various religions. Does that mean they're all made up? Or does that hint that there may be some possible truth in everything?

Or does it mean the space overlords planted us here and each one we came into contact with we considered a god.

There is a thing called truth, you think that truth is Jesus, some other person thinks that truth is the Flying Spaghetti Monster... but reality doesn't point to either :). I of course respect your decision to believe whatever you want, however, what you choose to believe i have virtually no respect for :D

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:16 PM

God always keeps me,,however, that doesnt mean that I wont struggle or be hurt , it just means he carries me through those trials and tribulations when they occur

ok...now that it's been established that God will keep you ...would it now be ok for your parent's to kick you out of the house the first time you disobeyed them

God does not kick someone out the first time. There is forgiveness with God. People stumble and screw up, but they are forgiven if they truely seek it.

Any parent that would put their child in their basement for all eternity is no parent worthy of having children.

nobody will ever be put in any basement or anything.

There are to options when we pass away on earth, we either get into heaven or cease to exist.

It's funny to me the different ideas of the afterlife spread between religions... or even amongst followers of the same religion.

What other stuff did Father McBride tell you? or that you made up.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:07 PM

Of course, God ultimately equates to magic. God, by my logic, must always have existed. No begining, no end, the cause of everything.

A true religious person doesn't create answers, that person seeks answers or the "truth".

I don't just make crap up but I can't speak for anyone else, including the authors of the Bible. But if you look at the Bible, you will see an astounding amount of scientific claims about the Earth, space and time that people from 3000 years ago would have called "made up".

What is also intriguing is the study of numerology and the Old Testament.

The Bible instructs people to seek the truth, so ask your questions.
Do your own research and find your own answers. Don't allow anyone else to control your mind.

I'm not telling you to go look up those examples, I'm just giving you ideas for questions...

Oh my. Then what about the Aztecs? They had the stars tracked for the next 5000 years... does that mean their religion is right as well?

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 04:03 PM
It's interesting that no one says intelligence.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 03:28 PM

I can only look at this from a psychological perspective because I'm not religious.
Only you can prove a god exists to you. If you believe in one, it exists, but in your own mind.
The reason i say 'in your own mind' is because everyone has their own view of what God is.

yes everyone has there own view of what God is. But in reality God is but one thing, one being. Just because someone thinks a chicken is a God does NOT meen that chicken is God, that's what is called a false God. There is only one true God, and only ever will be one true God.

Only YOU can find the true God,
James 4:8 - Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded

Mathew 7:7 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

What angers me is when people openly mock someone else's belief in what God is, but is totally blind to the idiocy of their own religion. Try looking at your religion from someone elses view. You worship a jew/carpenter that was nailed to a cross, and some how came back to life (much like a zombie) and performed magic all over the land... one trick that was his greatest was helping the drinkers by turning water into wine.

Seriously? You anger yourself and think your religion is idiotic?
Think about your first sentence, and then look at the entire paragraph.

Lol, i have no religion buddy... it's all laughable too me. I see the real world as it is, i don't need a phase of ghosts and spirits behind it :)

Right, but you do that which you claim angers you. There's a phrase for that...

Too me, it's insane to believe that all matter just appeared from nothing. That's kinda like believing in magic, don't you think?

But if you believe in God, don't you believe in just that? I mean, otherwise where did god come from?

Also, i don't claim to know how the world came into existence, that's religious peoples jobs to create answers without explanation. I ask questions, but i rarely know an answer... at least i don't just make crap up.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 03:18 PM

I can only look at this from a psychological perspective because I'm not religious.
Only you can prove a god exists to you. If you believe in one, it exists, but in your own mind.
The reason i say 'in your own mind' is because everyone has their own view of what God is.

yes everyone has there own view of what God is. But in reality God is but one thing, one being. Just because someone thinks a chicken is a God does NOT meen that chicken is God, that's what is called a false God. There is only one true God, and only ever will be one true God.

James 4:8 - Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded

Mathew 7:7 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

What angers me is when people openly mock someone else's belief in what God is, but is totally blind to the idiocy of their own religion. Try looking at your religion from someone elses view. You worship a jew/carpenter that was nailed to a cross, and some how came back to life (much like a zombie) and performed magic all over the land... one trick that was his greatest was helping the drinkers by turning water into wine.

Seriously? You anger yourself and think your religion is idiotic?
Think about your first sentence, and then look at the entire paragraph.

Lol, i have no religion buddy... it's all laughable too me. I see the real world as it is, i don't need a phase of ghosts and spirits behind it :)

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 03:15 PM

And you can't forget about walking a frozen sea.laugh

Total wizard, that jew

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 03:05 PM
I understand morality and the polar aspects of it... however, sin is a concept manifested by the church to make their ten percent from your income. Now it's just spread to guilt you into going to church.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 03:04 PM

God always keeps me,,however, that doesnt mean that I wont struggle or be hurt , it just means he carries me through those trials and tribulations when they occur

ok...now that it's been established that God will keep you ...would it now be ok for your parent's to kick you out of the house the first time you disobeyed them

God does not kick someone out the first time. There is forgiveness with God. People stumble and screw up, but they are forgiven if they truely seek it.

Any parent that would put their child in their basement for all eternity is no parent worthy of having children.

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 03:02 PM

CharliePiano's photo
Sun 06/06/10 02:58 PM

I remember 21... The world was new, filled with infinite possibilities. Back then a nickel bought a dollar's worth, people knew their neighbors' names, and Faygo cola was available at all major retail outlets.

Ahhh, the old days.

.... you're 22.... lol... i guess a lot has happened to you in the last months.