CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/16/10 05:03 PM
that's a very good point.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/16/10 04:41 PM
HA! How freakin awesome is that!!!

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/16/10 10:38 AM
I keep going onto religion boards and trying to spark up conversations... i should know better by now all the same old replies... it hurts my head. I should know all the answers by know, and i do... but i still ask the questions.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 09:57 PM

Why don't you believe in another god?

easy i only think there is one. so it's the same god for all y'all..

laugh

laugh

i was wondering that question all the time
and i agree with s1owhand
i think that's why we are human created similar to each other.
If there were more than 1 god, i guess we will be created different. Maybe, as a muslim, i will have 2 heads and 2 brain inside of it, to show that the god of muslim is smarter than another god. But the fact is we are all same.

i don't know if my wording was messed, but i'm not trying to say multiple gods. But why don't you believe in the buddhist principles? Or Zeus instead of your god... not believing in multiple ones. What makes you say that the god you believe in is in fact actually there at all?

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 09:56 PM

This is actually a very simple question to answer;

There is a "absolute truth" it is basic, uncomplicated; even a child can grasp it. But people do not see what is, they see what they want, for a number of reasons.If you compare all the religions of the world you will find they all have a common theme except one.That one is the true Christian doctrine. In all other religions you earn your way. Not so with Christiainity; it is a free gift.

Well that's not true. You have to accept that Jesus Christ is your savior and love him before you get the gift.

And also, that's what ALL religions say. "There is an "absolute truth" it is basic, but most people don't recognize the flying spaghetti monster as their savior."

What you just gave isn't an answer at all.

Actually it is.

I send you a letter informing you that I have deposited one million dollars in a bank account in your name; it is a free gift from me to you. And you cry out in protest "But it is NOT free; I had to open the letter and I have to drive to the bank to get it!!!"

Pleeeeeaaaaseee, give me a break!

Also, believing that you gave me one million dollars is just a little more believable than a jew walking on water, turning water into wine, and being the son of god... so it takes less away from my character to try and believe that you did that.

With extraordinary claims, extraordinary evidence is required.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 09:45 PM

why would what religion one observes matter to god?
it's ridiculous! is not a good buddhist just as good as
a good christian? of course she is. Wiccan? sure, why not!
are they kind and thoughtful?

you will make god laugh!

laugh

that comment makes me laugh.

But you're not answering my question. Why do you believe that's true? I certainly believe that so long as you live to my morals you're a good person, but morals are objective, and everyone has different ones. YOu believe some people who are good will be viewed kindly by a "god" but why do you say that? Many doctrines say that there are other factors they must adhere to to be accepted in return.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 09:22 PM

cause it's the same god! laugh

it doesn't matter if you are Muslim, Greek, reverse-polish notation or Pharyngeal

laugh

and god doesn't care what religion you are either
or if you are atheist

Why do you believe that? Most religions say he does care very much.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 09:17 PM

laugh

OKay, but why do you believe in that god instead of say the muslim version, or Zeus? etc.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 09:03 PM

No, I don't live my childhood religion, I reject it.

I didn't research ALL religions, I'm sure I missed some. I searched a whole bunch though and now I like where I am.

No, I don't believe my 'religious knowledge' is more right or more wrong than other people. Doesn't make sense to most anyway. winking

I don't know if I'm right...just doing what works for me.

What works for you charliPiano?

the natural, real world. And what i don't understand about that, i don't try to attribute to mystical/spiritual/divine forces. I just hope that eventually we might be closer to understanding, and in that time, maybe we can move further away from religions that invoke fear.

Right on

Patience, it's coming!

I don't think it will come in my life time... we're making good progress, but places like Texas are making it hard to actually educate someone without religious bias and indoctrination... so entire generations are going to be put behind.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 09:01 PM
... i feel like reading Assassins Apprentice every time i see your profile pic :)

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 08:56 PM

No, I don't live my childhood religion, I reject it.

I didn't research ALL religions, I'm sure I missed some. I searched a whole bunch though and now I like where I am.

No, I don't believe my 'religious knowledge' is more right or more wrong than other people. Doesn't make sense to most anyway. winking

I don't know if I'm right...just doing what works for me.

What works for you charliPiano?

the natural, real world. And what i don't understand about that, i don't try to attribute to mystical/spiritual/divine forces. I just hope that eventually we might be closer to understanding, and in that time, maybe we can move further away from religions that invoke fear.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 08:51 PM

There is a "absolute truth" it is basic, uncomplicated; even a child can grasp it. But people do not see what is, they see what they want, for a number of reasons.If you compare all the religions of the world you will find they all have a common theme except one.That one is the true Christian doctrine. In all other religions you earn your way. Not so with Christiainity; it is a free gift.

Well, if Christianity is the ODD-BALL out, then clearly it must be the one that's wrong. Even a child should be able to grasp that. whoa

Hehehe... you know we have our crossroads of opinion quite often, but i must say i never tire of your posts.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 08:50 PM

Deuteronomy 4:24....For the Lord your God is an all-burning fire, and he will not let the honour which is his be given to any other.

Deuteronomy 4:24
For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God

It is merely a way to explain that God will not have us worshiping false gods, prophets, idols, or anything other then our great father himself.

OOOOooooorrrr... there is no god, lightning is a natural occurrence and the statue was a good conductor... maybe? yeah... i think that's what a smart person would say.

Styrofoam especially is known to be a good holder of electrostatic charge.

Every crumple up a styrofoam cup and have the little bits and pieces stick to your clothes? Nope, it's not magic, it's just static electricity. No God required. But a vacuum cleaner is nice to have around. :wink:

NOt to mention the metal frame underneath it.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 08:49 PM

Well that's not true. You have to accept that Jesus Christ is your savior and love him before you get the gift.

And also, that's what ALL religions say. "There is an "absolute truth" it is basic, but most people don't recognize the flying spaghetti monster as their savior."

What you just gave isn't an answer at all.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 08:35 PM

Deuteronomy 4:24....For the Lord your God is an all-burning fire, and he will not let the honour which is his be given to any other.

Deuteronomy 4:24
For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God

It is merely a way to explain that God will not have us worshiping false gods, prophets, idols, or anything other then our great father himself.

OOOOooooorrrr... there is no god, lightning is a natural occurrence and the statue was a good conductor... maybe? yeah... i think that's what a smart person would say.

CharliePiano's photo
Tue 06/15/10 08:32 PM
As i'm here on this forum, and i've talked with many of you before, i feel as if i'm talking to primarily christians on this forum. However i know that i've also talked with other Mormons, Jews and Muslims.

My question is Why don't you believe in another god, or another worship of your god. For instance christianity has hundreds of different sub-sects, many of which believe that others will not reach salvation because of the alteration of their faith.

Ultimately it comes down to semantics. Do you believe in your ways of faith because of the way you were raised? Did you research all known religions before you made your decision? Do you believe that your religious "knowledge" is more right than another persons.

Ultimately, why do you believe that you are right?

To me, one religion is as false as the other. All religion is is personalized. We see more and more of people who no longer attend a church, but instead adhere to their own form of spiritual adhesion. They read their spiritual texts and then believe more in their own interpretation more than other scholars'.

Discuss.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 07:18 PM

Made this page before i was with my girl, now i come on for the discussions... i suppose i should change that shouldn't i? I'm never that good at continuously managing my account.

Well that's great! Good wishes to both of you! drinker

Thanks

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 07:11 PM

My life rocks woman. I have a woman that loves me, i just closed on a mortgage on a beautiful house, a job that keeps my accounts filled to the brim and i have a family that loves me... oh, and an awesome dog.

So why are you on a dating site running an ad that says that you're seeking a smart flirtatious girl?

Is one loving women not enough to keep you satisfied? spock

Just curious.

Made this page before i was with my girl, now i come on for the discussions... i suppose i should change that shouldn't i? I'm never that good at continuously managing my account.

CharliePiano's photo
Wed 06/09/10 07:06 PM

Money does not buy happiness or love.

It does buy luxury, comfort, toys, and vacations for the family.

I have all that makes me happy outside of money. I have more love than i know what to do with. What about you? Do you have happiness? Does anyone love you?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9