Community > Posts By > actionlynx

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 10:40 PM
Out of curiosity, how much land was being sold with the house?

For a house to sit vacant and unfinished for 30+ years and still have an asking price of $85,000 probably means somebody other than a bank owned it. But if a bank or real estate company actually does own it, maybe the $85,000 is mostly just the value of the land rather than the building itself?

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 09:12 PM
There's too much winning going on. Please make it stop! laugh

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 07:11 PM

If it was a fake video I'm sure the makers would be sure to show pieces flying towards the camera with clear markings on it to 'prove' their point.

Not that I'm taking sides, just pointing out that the whole thing is still very far from clear.

Well, that's the problem. If they didn't see it firsthand and in person themselves, they immediately claim that all photographic, video, and witness testimony is fake. As a result, there is NO WAY to prove them wrong because they deny everything from everyone from everywhere.

It defies statistical probability and logical deduction. Sometimes it even defies science.

What is there to gain from this? Brainwashing. Malleability of the minds of the masses.

By constantly casting doubt on science, facts, evidence, logic, personal experience, etc. they prompt the masses to begin doubting everything including themselves. Once that kind of doubt sets in, people begin losing their grip on reality. when that happens, they look for some bastion of stability and surety to cling to. That's when they become open to suggestion.

It's called "gaslighting" after the movie Gaslight.

Cult leaders have been infamous for using this.

Stockholm Syndrome is a derivative of it.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 06:35 PM

Needing affirmation that you are regarded as special perhaps is a sign of insecurity ?

Actually, psychological studies show that a lack of discovery or spontaneity in relationships is one of the top reasons why couples drift apart and become bored with the relationship. It has further been shown to be a key factor in how communication breaks down within the relationship.

In other words, if you want to keep the relationship healthy, you need to keep the embers burning rather than letting them die out.

So to answer the question, no. It is not necessarily a sign of insecurity. In fact, it can be a sign of just the opposite.

When couples become so comfortable that they value stability and security over discovery and excitement, that's when couples begin the process of drifting apart. If you want to prevent that, you both have to make constant efforts to show you have not lost interest in each other.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 01:16 PM

Because when turned on its side, it means infinity.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 12:25 PM
DA,

Please liven things up a bit more. I need some entertainment. laugh

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 11:58 AM

Does anyone really think we didn't go to the moon?

Does anyone really think you can melt steel beams with jet fuel (kerosene)?

Does anyone think you can (supposedly) crash a jet plane into the Pentagon and have it vanish? (If it went in, where did it go)?

Surprisingly, there are many who swallow all that nonsense and remain convinced that the first moon landing was all a fake, created on a film set for the sole purpose of being the first country to get to the moon, beating the Russians to it, as they were believed to be also working on a moon landing.

As for 9/11 there is no doubt it happened, it is the motive that has been questioned. The suggestion is that the American government (somehow) caused it specifically to cause a sense of public outrage that would make an attack on Iraq become popular, which of course it what happened. Politics is a dirty business, as we're seeing with the current POTUS.

Of course the whole 911 thing took place just not as it was presented; kerosene won't melt steel and airliners don't just vanish if they crash into a building.

Actually, I watched security video of the Pentagon crash. I watched the plane fly into the building. I watched debris fly out away from the crash and actually hit the camera. I have seen the markings on that piece of debris as it approached the camera. It had American Airlines markings (the colored stripes).

And yet some people will still claim that video footage was all faked.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 10:56 AM
Something fun, free, and entertaining to do

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 10:55 AM
Where's my phone?

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 10:50 AM
Seems to me there is another thread on this topic.

It's from September or October, I think. There was plenty of discussion there, some of it was rather heated.

I don't recall if it was locked or not though.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 10:37 AM
There are plenty of foreign men looking for women outside of their own countries.

But the women seem to outnumber the men. Thus more focus in placed on matching the women rather than the men.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 04/13/19 08:57 AM
It is especially difficult being in an LDR when your partner is so busy that you can't even find time to just talk and have a conversation.

That is a good way to make your partner feel unimportant in your life.

actionlynx's photo
Fri 04/12/19 09:10 AM
DA...

I hate to tell you, but...

actionlynx's photo
Thu 04/11/19 10:03 PM
B-b-but....everybody LOVES a winner!

And isn't this supposed to be a dating site?

♫♫...Love is in the air...♫♫

actionlynx's photo
Thu 04/11/19 07:06 PM
I still don't see anyone winning here... whoa

actionlynx's photo
Thu 04/11/19 02:43 PM

laugh
:thumbsup:

That looks like I'm chewing on my thumb, lol!

The keyboard sees all ;-)

Even the computer knows he's special! laugh

actionlynx's photo
Thu 04/11/19 02:26 PM
So far, I find the responses interesting. None of them are really in agreement. Which really shows how perspectives can differ.

My experience has always been closest to what Tom describes. However, it certainly is not foolproof!

actionlynx's photo
Thu 04/11/19 09:54 AM
Edited by actionlynx on Thu 04/11/19 10:20 AM
This isn't a contest or debate, but a sharing of observations and experiences. :wink:

How do you know when the man or woman you are dating thinks you are special? What does he or she do to show it? How are you treated differently by your partner?

How does it make you feel (other than special)?

Edit:
In light of the first few responses, allow me to add another couple questions whose answers may benefit others.

How do you know that is sincere?
What tells you that he or she is not just putting on an act?

actionlynx's photo
Thu 04/11/19 09:43 AM
My favorite animal used to be the tiger.

Then several years ago, during my days of roleplaying games, I created a certain superhero character.

Since then, the lynx has become my adopted mascot. I not only use it in various usernames, but have used it for wallpapers, screensavers, and more.

actionlynx's photo
Thu 04/11/19 09:33 AM

Sexy is in the eye of the beholder who may be judging the body OR the personality.

Someone sees a woman with coke bottle curves and thinks she is sexy without ever knowing her personality. Someone else sees a woman that has not much of a figure and doesn't notice her much, UNTIL they get to know her personality. And her personality may be the thing that makes her 'sexy'.

Exactly. Which is why each of us can only answer from our own personal perspective.

I used to think a woman's body determined how sexy she is. Then I learned that was not the case. But that's just my experience.

Someone else may think differently. Just as I once did.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25