Community > Posts By > actionlynx

actionlynx's photo
Sun 03/24/19 08:30 PM
B-b-but....what about the whipped cream?!?! spock whoa

actionlynx's photo
Sun 03/24/19 06:18 PM
Thinking about...

...how much I have to learn before traveling overseas, and how that was so much easier when I was younger.

actionlynx's photo
Sun 03/24/19 03:33 PM
Yep. Nice to see nobody's winning yet. tongue2

actionlynx's photo
Sun 03/24/19 03:32 PM
"How much for a lap dance and a happy ending?"

actionlynx's photo
Sun 03/24/19 10:54 AM
Feeling bored, trying to find something to do....while procrastinating. laugh

actionlynx's photo
Sun 03/24/19 10:46 AM
What do men really want?

Hmm, I can't say. If I did, they would have to kill me.

It's a super duper double mysterious quasi-existential secret.

actionlynx's photo
Sun 03/24/19 08:24 AM

actionlynx's photo
Sun 03/24/19 08:21 AM

Easy for me....

Same here

The human mind is geared toward seeking patterns. As long as I can recognize the pattern, I can make sense of it...

...upside down, backwards, reversed, or even jumbled.

actionlynx's photo
Sun 03/24/19 07:28 AM
Tom, I didn't read all of that yet, but I get the gist.

In fact, I've wondered just how many galaxies have a black hole at the center. Our galaxy has a super-massive one. Hence, the spiral disk.

And I have considered the concept of implosion previously as well.

There's just one problem...

Gravity doesn't just attract. It repels.

For two reasons...

1) Two masses of equal gravity with negate each other's pull.
2) Because most masses are moving and/or spinning, they are prone toward a slingshot effect rather than maintaining a direct pull.

Therefore, the expansion of the universe does not need to be due to an explosion. It could just be a natural interaction of gravity fields, even if only partially.

I also have a difficult time understanding a super-massive black hole because once mass reaches a certain level, the implosion generates an explosion due to the shockwave created by compaction. It's a "bounce back" or echo, if you will. The shockwave deflects off of the core, shattering the mass apart except for the core itself. Technically speaking, this means mass would be lost....but that also means density would increase since the core is densest. But how can a supernova star lose mass if the core's gravity is so strong that even light cannot escape? The escape velocity would need to be greater than light speed.

I believe there are massive holes in our science theories. For instance, based on evidence and on what I said above, the prevailing belief that nothing can travel faster than light MUST BE WRONG. It's either that, or our beliefs about black holes are fundamentally wrong.

For instance, what if a super-massive black hole isn't actually a singularity? What if it is a group of highly dense masses whose gravity offset each other's pull? What if they orbit around each other, creating an even greater gravitational pull on the masses surrounding them?

Furthermore, we know that black holes actually do expel energy and possibly mass in the form of a quasar beam. The beam appears to be expelled from the poles. Therefore, we have evidence that something actually CAN escape the pull of a black hole.

So yes, what you posit is interesting. It highlights the limits of our scientific thinking. Science has a way of getting "stuck in the box".

actionlynx's photo
Sun 03/24/19 07:04 AM
First thought...

There she is! Yay!

actionlynx's photo
Sat 03/23/19 08:47 PM

i dont believed dino was exist

slaphead

All of my life I have lived within 30 miles of a place where their footprints are embedded in fossilized rock -- proof that they existed.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. Just be careful where you steer it.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 03/23/19 04:15 PM
I'd like to buy you a drink. How many fingers do you want?

actionlynx's photo
Sat 03/23/19 11:20 AM
Sad....because my video call got cut short by internet lag. explode grumble

actionlynx's photo
Sat 03/23/19 08:37 AM
I have often thought about this because I've never been satisfied with the Big Bang idea. Unfortunately, I've never been able to come up with a good alternative explanation either.

As far as the edge of the Universe, we need to consider that photons do lose energy over time. It takes a VERY long time in a vacuum. However, there are many things in space that photons can come across that might make them lose energy. Of course, photons lose very little energy from virtually all of these impediments and influences, but it is a loss none the less.

If we consider that 13.7 billion years is our limit of visible light, and that this is a radius from our location, I think it would be safe to assume that it takes roughly 13.7 billion years for a photon to lose sufficient energy as to no longer be visible from our location in space. If we move 1 billion light-years away, we might find ourselves able to sense or view another 1 billion years of space.

We also are not entirely sure about the existence, purpose, or influence of dark matter and dark energy yet. When it comes to dark energy, we aren't even sure of its origins. It could be one of the missing links....or it could just be theoretical b.s.

But if I were to follow Occam's Razor, I would posit that light simply loses too much energy to remain visible from our vantage point after 13.7 billion years of travel through space.

actionlynx's photo
Thu 03/21/19 05:28 PM
Hi, I'm Phun, and who couldn't use some Phun?

actionlynx's photo
Thu 03/21/19 04:58 PM
As of today, I've been sober for 4 years. Not one drop of alcohol in that time.

And it's also my mother's birthday (deceased).

Happy birthday, Mom.

actionlynx's photo
Wed 03/20/19 11:21 PM
For my Mingle friends,
Though you may not see me here, if you want to send me message, I will always see it. My notification setting is on.

I hope you all are having splendid days.

actionlynx's photo
Fri 02/08/19 08:49 AM
I can't believe I accidentally answered the phone because I thought I was shutting off my alarm. Oops.

actionlynx's photo
Fri 02/08/19 08:46 AM
Sleep

actionlynx's photo
Fri 02/01/19 09:22 AM
My tax refund laugh

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25