Community > Posts By > LivingByBeats

LivingByBeats's photo
Wed 10/10/07 11:26 AM
hahahah,
so i was eating lunch and flicked on the brain melting machine (you all know it as television) and hahah, there was an infomercial on! Hip Hop Abs...

i'm watching this with wide eyes thinking, "oh you've got to be fcuking kidding me, you can't be serious! and they actually showed the 'targeted muscle' groups for when you go "yo" lol... hahaha...

but the thing that made me wanna make it a thread? The one thing that just had to make it on the internet as a harcore mockery?

you can get Shaun T.s Diet plan that will let you eat at all of your favorite (hahahah) fast food restaurants and still have great abs!!!!
like! KFC, McDonalds, BurgerKing, Wendy's, Popeye's

who the hell comes up with this stuff???? what marketing mastermind actually - after smoking a big fat spliff - decided "ya man" hack cough hack hack "we can sell hiphop and turn it into an exercise routine!"

and worse?
WHAT
KIND
OF
LOSER
WOULD
TRY
THIS
PROGRAM?????????

k, tia bo? dumb. hiphop abs? DUMBEST TO DATE!!!!!

only in american man....

LivingByBeats's photo
Wed 10/10/07 11:19 AM
bay girl anything in between
======
and
======
is a copy/paste.
everything else is written by me, sorry to hear about your narcolepsy. did you know a steady diet of reading, and meditation will kill that A.D.D. and A.D.H.D. inflections laugh

oh! and of course you'd have to stay away from about 99% of television as that tends to bring on the "flicker syndrome dysfunction" that rather triggers the "can't keep attention for longer than a 60 second commercial" ....

:D

LivingByBeats's photo
Wed 10/10/07 10:41 AM
well this is actually a thread that came off of what i read i Kojack's thread...
he brought up a good point about people flirting in the forums if they're involved with someone and so on, you can read it yourself title "Involved"

then i got to thinking about it since as providence would have it there was a conversation on the phone about this very thing as well...

what is flirting? What is it defined as and is it different for different people?

Of course, I have a definition and explatve, since why not right? We all have opinions, but what is the perception of the knowledgable experts in regards to the concepts of flirtation?

====================
Flirting is a form of human interaction, usually expressing a sexual or romantic interest in the other person. It can consist of conversation, body language, or brief physical contact. It may be one-sided or reciprocated.

The origin of the word flirt is obscure. The Oxford English Dictionary (first edition) associates it with such onomatopoeic words as flit and flick, emphasizing a lack of seriousness; on the other hand, it has been attributed to the old French "Conter fleurette", which means "to (try to) seduce" by the dropping of flower leaves, that is, "to speak sweet nothings". This expression is no longer used in French, but the English gallicism to flirt has made its way and has now become an anglicism.

Flirting is often used as a means of expressing interest and gauging the other person's interest in courtship, which can continue into long term relationships. Alternatively, it may simply be a prelude to casual sex with no continuing relationship.

In other situations, it may be done simply for immediate entertainment, with no intention of developing any further relationship. This type of flirting sometimes faces disapproval from others, either because it can be misinterpreted as more serious, or it may be viewed as "cheating" if the person is already in a romantic relationship with someone else.

People who flirt may speak and act in a way that suggests greater intimacy than is generally considered appropriate to the relationship (or to the amount of time the two people have known each other), without actually saying or doing anything that breaches any serious social norms. One way they accomplish this is to communicate a sense of playfulness or irony. Double entendres, with one meaning more formally appropriate and another more suggestive, may be used.

Flirting may consist of stylized gestures, language, body language, postures, and physiologic signs. Among these, at least in Western society, are:

Eye contact, batting eyelashes, etc.
"Protean" signals, such as touching one's hair
Casual touches; such as a woman gently touching a man's arm during conversation
Smiling suggestively
Winking
Sending notes, poems, or small gifts
Flattery
Online chat, is a common modern tactic as well as other one-on-one and direct messaging services
Footsie, the "feet under the table" practice
Teasing
While some of the subconscious signs are universal across cultures, flirting etiquette varies significantly across cultures which can lead to misunderstandings. There are differences in how closely people should stand (proxemics), how long to hold eye contact, and so forth.
====================

I personally don't flirt. I'm nice, and playful but i usually cut it short, and quick and move on to more relevant topics in conversation then the amorous... I think that the reason that I've been privileged to meet many of whom I've met here of the fairer sex is due to my forthrightness and lack of overt flirting, or undue representation of intent.

Of course only you each can tell me that based upon your perceptions, though likely I will not change my stance, realizing that each person is going to respond based upon their own triggers and insecurities as well.... also... hell hath seen no fury as a woman scorned... so I'll also take that into account... heh

==================================================
so then. Having read the professional copy/paste above? Do you think you are a flirt? Do you think that you fall within these categories? Do you completely disagree with all the world reknowned data and think you have a better way of describing it?

lets see what this thread does :)

and thanks Kojack for that thought provoking little nibble :)

LivingByBeats's photo
Wed 10/10/07 10:27 AM
well said :)

LivingByBeats's photo
Wed 10/10/07 08:33 AM
smoking rewrites the commands to the neural transmitters which fire of the neurons to different segments of your body and central nervous system.

the chemicals and make up of nicotine, with its foreign objects replace the CNS (central nervous system's) natural management of these neurons.

as a result, when you quit smoking, there are major physiological changes, affecting all the different neurons.

Afferent neurons convey information from tissues and organs into the central nervous system and are sometimes also called sensory neurons.
Efferent neurons transmit signals from the central nervous system to the effector cells and are sometimes called motor neurons.
Interneurons connect neurons within specific regions of the central nervous system.
Afferent and efferent can also refer generally to neurons which, respectively, bring information to or send information from the brain region.

What basically has to happen is invoking the CNS to re-activate those transmitters which were disabled and replaced by the intake of nicotine.

Generally, you'll find that citris and various proteins will teach the CNS to refire those neurons and begin to again transmit through your system.

The combination of exercise, and fresh vegetables will invoke this affect.

the nicotine patch only weans the human body off the artificial neural transmitters, but doesn't ever properly invoke the natural synapsis to return to fully functioning state.

As a result, many folks end up back smoking again.

It also takes 21 days for the nicotine to leave your system, and then another 90 days to fully re-activate your CNS to act in their intended creative function.

A brisk walk in the morning, when you wake up will give you the intake and ability to motivate your body. then to eat something such as a grapefruit, and keep apple or lemonade on hand for each time you get a craving.

you'll discover that the sensations within your body will disapate whenever you talk a drink.

This combination will make the transition easier for you :)

LivingByBeats's photo
Wed 10/10/07 07:34 AM
oh and my ego? i haven't done anything but mock the perception of my ego in these threads, because quite simply? I don't take myself so seriously, and i can find more about my own life, and day to day experiences, which are hysterical when viewed objectively.

I live by very simple rules.. two of which are, to be without fear in the face of my enemies, and to safeguard the helpless...

i don't shun them, shirk them and I apply them in all aspects of my life, whether online or off line.

if you jess, claim to the spirituality that you state, then show prudence, and know when and when not to mock and jest on every thread.

I'm glad that you did so however, on a thread that I started simply because that gives me some standing and footing to speak up as you two decided to mock a few others, oh and probably me as well, though it makes no difference really heh..

if the best that the two of you can muster for your own self worth, is by mocking other people, then the ironic sadness of the two old muppets, is indeed shown..

perhaps i should just say nothing and let the two of you display your insecurities, over and over again, with your mockery of others... so that everyone knows that perhaps you really don't like yourselves that much...

yes i think indeed that it is a waste of time. i don't go after weaker people, just those whom prey on them..

LivingByBeats's photo
Wed 10/10/07 07:28 AM
oh i understand jest and cajoling. I'm constantly mocking myself and making jokes and writing threads at my own expense...

however i don't see the humor in belittling others actually, i find it a weak individuals attempt to gain humor and self elevation upon the mockery of others...

tell you what, why don't the two of you write a thread where you're exposing your weaknesses and flaws in a transparent manner and laugh at yourselves openly, allowing others to laugh at you as well...

as opposed to what you do now... which is you know...
take stock and humor at everyone else's expense..

that non-topic thread which i wrote?
i was speaking to the two old men in the balcony that can take a topic that actually has given some folks food for thought, and turned it into your personal bean to toss around, for your own sense of humor... which quite simply in my opinion, shows lack of respect.

i remember going to a function once, where there were different speakers. and there were these two old ladies in the back, talking about linens and their shopping experience, completely indifferent to the speakes on the stage, or even the topic of discussion, that managed to get there feathers all ruffled, because others were who were attending, were actually interested in the topic, but well, these two women were indifferent to the entire congregation, and rather only wanted everything to be about them...

you two remind me of those two old women

LivingByBeats's photo
Wed 10/10/07 06:43 AM
you know...
you two ladies really like to pull the two old men in the gallery from the muppet show routine...

just so you know? one of these threads I write? Will be a set up for both of you and for one purpose only :)

to see if you can sit and stand on the receiving end of your cajoling and belittling, as well as you sit in the balcony making cracks..

I rather like doing that you see, finding out of the mouths have the heart to stomach what goes in the ears.

I won't be doing it to annoy you either, I'm just going to do it as an experiment.

its always fun to tell the mice that they're going to get some cheese, and then watch them scurry about wondering when and where :)

LivingByBeats's photo
Wed 10/10/07 06:36 AM
Happy Birthday fellow libra :)

Mine is on the 16th, thus it is my privilege to wish you memories and happiness for what you've learned, and what you're about to gain in future :)

LivingByBeats's photo
Tue 10/09/07 11:42 PM
hey john...
well i didn't want to say it and sadly, i have to say it.

that last post you made sounded out of sorts as well, and i don't know what kind of conflict is normal for you...

however...

in my world? it takes two to disagree...

so responsibility is equal, and accountability is declared.

LivingByBeats's photo
Tue 10/09/07 11:37 PM
hey wait a minute... i was born in amsterdam ... and i'm half dutch...

i'm a gentleman dag nabbit and don't you 32%#$%%$$#$ forget it people!!!!!!

:D

LivingByBeats's photo
Tue 10/09/07 11:35 PM
jess... i am stunned :O my opinion of you has changed from a woman of class to a classy woman :O

LivingByBeats's photo
Tue 10/09/07 10:55 PM
well either way it was inappropriate completely. it is my experience that any man would know to let the woman indicate interest physically. a woman isn't shy, so no need to be aggressive off the hop.

LivingByBeats's photo
Tue 10/09/07 10:34 PM
well it only happened once to me, where i was "oh damn" and we didn't even make it to the front door of her apartment building....

i picked her up and she started going off on this really militant Chez Gauveria kind of rant about people and stuff and that we were imperialist blah blah blah and i was... woah eh? first date? uhhhh wow.... well we went down the elevator and she's still going all kill the imperialists. and i'm uhhh i can't do this man... sorry... but you're a little too freaky for me..."

end of date...

oh wait two times!
and then this other time where i met someone that i thought was really decent and she sent me her full medical history and psychological issues, and medical issues and family problems and so on and i was reading this thinking... who the hell does that? is she trying to scare me away man?

well she did a good job... never even made it to the first date... hell i called a friend of mine who was a cop and said, uhhh i think this chick might be borderline dude... what do i do?

LivingByBeats's photo
Tue 10/09/07 09:57 PM
not a problem. i jst think its sad when people get into a debate about what i might type here, since most of the serious things i type are of an abstract nature, and individualistic at best.

well, unless of course they want to fight with me, which is fine, cuz its fun then :D

LivingByBeats's photo
Tue 10/09/07 09:45 PM
tombraider:

my thread intent was not advice. as i stated in the last sentence. it is something i think people should consider for themselves, for their own functioning.

as well,
i stated that it was entirely me working this out in order to be able to explain it to a friend.

so drop the dukes and lighten the load, because simply, it isn't possible to be wrong or right within an opinion on an abstract :)

LivingByBeats's photo
Tue 10/09/07 08:59 PM
well its ok ;) the speedlimit is 120 kph

LivingByBeats's photo
Tue 10/09/07 08:47 PM
well i'm not trying to convince anyone :) just thoughts i had to formulate out of my own head to be able to explain it properly to a friend really :) so each will do what each is within themselves i suppose :)

LivingByBeats's photo
Tue 10/09/07 08:37 PM
here is a simple question then, based upon your metaphor...

There are the stories by shakespeare.
there are the coles notes (quick notes) of shakespeare.

you can get the quick notes and pass the exam...

that is what i am talking about....
people want the cliff notes, they don't read teh book, the book has the passions, the depth the truth and the volume and progression. the plot is built and the core is written, with characters introduced and removed. events and inflections in the book in order to draw the story to the fullness, which then leaves a reader amazed and in awe at the entirety of the book....

i'm talking about the questions which we - within our relationships persue, which are the cliff notes...
not the story....

LivingByBeats's photo
Tue 10/09/07 08:29 PM
if we are the book, we are responsible for our content. I will not live an existence that teaches or embraces indifference or validation. Nor will i not take responsibility for the contents within my pages.

I am responsible for my life, and thusly am responsible for how others will view it, based upon their reading. I can however, have faith in the reader, knowing that they will have to hold the weight of the book in their hands, and slowly, in due time, traverse the chapters, and pages of my core.

To give a person the ending, you have robbed them of the story.
To give a person the cheat notes on the content, has robbed them of the passion.

Be right in all things, and to safeguard the helpless means to protect the hearts of those whom you allow to pick you up - as that book.

We are our brothers keeper.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 12 13