Community > Posts By > LivingByBeats

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 06:37 PM
bobson: you're a good man.

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 06:32 PM
yeah well i can't stop them from doing the drugs, but you can be damn sure i can control who is there selling the drugs, and how much is avail and so on, which i do...

i don't have a need to regulate because i believe in free will. besides, they're kids like your son that are there doing the drugs, so really it comes back to mom and dad... if life was it is should be, they wouldn't feel the need to do drugs...

so have you checked your son enough to know he doesn't smoke pot? or do any other kinds of drugs? and do you know for a fact that he never did drugs?

its really easy for you to try to deflect it in my direction, except that i am not the kind of person that lives in denial.

i've thrown parties where police officers were the security and even they fully realize that drugs will and can be on the premises, but they also know that there isn't anything that they can really do about it, because the kids will just go off somewhere else and get stoned, and at least them being there will limit the presence of unlikable elements..

police don't have problems with ravers, and back in the day when they use to break up the raves that were illegal they always stated that they were the easiest kids to disperse.

police don't have a lot of use for the hip hop kids either, so it isn't a stereotype any longer... it is a social problem and an epidemic of violence and a mentality that is directly related to the family and to society.

every mother thinks that they are a good mother. Jeffery Dailmer's mother thought she was a good mother. The son of sam's mother thought she was a good mother.

doesn't mean anything that you think you're a good mother. live in the real world and realize that denial and ignorance or the refusal to accept that my little billy can't be a bad boy is just the most naive mentality.

have you seen the interviews of the mommy who's son went in at columbine and shot his school mates? but i was such a good mother...

uh huh... sure you were.
mom's are responsible. as are dads, and thusly society, and thusly again culture...

there is an overwhelming capacity to become indignant and offended and say, "how dare you say, or judge or do or blah blah blah' but it doesn't at all change the reality of any of the situations now does it?

there is no way you can possibly know if one day your son might not run someone off teh road, and/or climb into a high tower with a high power and start offing people threw a scope because of some role playing video game, but hey, you'll still be a good mother right? and you have no control right?

take a look around and see what your son is watching, what he does, where he goes, and then decide if you're a good mother or damn you could've done this or that better..

the fact of the matter is, that every good mother I have ever met, hasn't ever felt as though they were a good mother. they always felt as though they could've done more, or done things differently or what have you...
to say that you are a good mother is the beginning of denial...

and well, considering the examples i've given you, you're in good company aren't you? you should pat yourself on the back :)

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 06:03 PM
if stereotyping is what it takes to get the attention of the younger generations, then you're damn straight i'll do it.
full on.
it would be nice to see them care about something besides themselves...

i throw raves. all over the world as a matter of fact... you konw.. those kids i give a lot of respect to them....
most of the parties are dry, no alcohol, and amazingly enough no drugs...

you'd be surprised how many straight edge kids there are out there... yet, the rest of the little cliques seem to like to give them grief, while they're high, or stoned (and there is a difference), or drunk....

and they're the ones that are helping the majority of people, and propogating love, and acceptance....

and not runniing into schools shooting their school mates...
or racing down a street killing themselves or other people...
or trying to pretend they're something that they're not....

i know this... i've been in this scene for 15 years and i'm throwing parties now, and on every continent and country I've thrown these parties, the ravers never seem to be any problem at all...
non violent, no aggressive... hell even those that take drugs are taking drugs that pretty much just make them love and hug everyone... so really how bad can it be?

oh and none of them? say "yo"

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 05:53 PM
greyhound: yeah thats the one i'm talking about... totally sick and wrong....

on a side note... did you notice that buddy that was defending Hiphop wrap and that whole genre was more concerned about defending hip hop wrap and that whole genre? there wasn't one note in his double post that showed any interest or concern or even mention of the people that are getting killed... at all...
no remorse.
no concern.
no sadness
nothing

just wah, i'm a hip hoppa and we all goo peeps so wah to you and you shouldn't drive suv's wah...

uh huh...
thats my point exactly.. that is the attitude that is making that entire genre and style undesirable, and less than acceptable especially for white, middle class kids who think that they have some kind of entitlement, and rights to do what they please, without concern or interest in who gets hurt by it...

its selfish, and ignorant.

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 05:42 PM
last night, a woman was killed by street racers in our fair city... and guess who?
baggy pant wearing "yo" yacking, hip hop wearing mtv watching wanna be ghetto gangsta's

so yeah, it does matter...

most of all the crap that is happening in this new generation has to do with that particular group of people and its annoying the crap out of me...

you know? when i was growing up? we had gangsters too! but they didn't think it was cool to let the whole world know they were gangsters and the weren't proud of coming from economically depressed neighborhoods..

and today? those gangsta's that are actually trying to make money to "get outta da hood" are not any differnt than the gangsters in my day....

it isn't them who are the problem...

its middle class white kids who have this " i wanna be a black dude" complex that are pulling this crap... and doing these stupid friggin things...

not the gangsters at all...

and yes,i've been out and watched how they drive and act and think and are... they are a major problem

yes, sure, anyone could've mowed down these two people, cept that it wasn't anyone was it? and that wife that was killed by street racers could've been killed by anyone but she wasn't was she?

i don't live in a would've, could've, might've been world. i live in the real one, where we don't validate, and justify, and deflect, and make it someone else's problem...

i live in a world where I am the change I want to see in the world....

so when you do that? go ahead and tell me that i can't say what happened by the facts that exist, on the books, which will be the facts in the courts for both of these murder cases, which will not be tried as murder cases, by a bunch of punk a$$ kids who think they're all that, and would siht themselves if anyone ever stuck a gun in their faces while they're pretending to be all ghetto and gangsta

and yeah, you know who's fault it is? its mommy and daddy for not giving you all a cuff upside the head...l oh wait, you call it a biatch slap right?
well pretty much the crew between the ages of 15 to 25 need a biatch slap upside the head...

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 05:19 PM
so i just came back from walking the dog...
and well this is a nice suburban neighborhood... no one dies, everyone has at least a mercedez and an suv...
there are dogs and kids littering everywhere and we poop and scoop (for both the kids and the dogs heh)

well tonight, as its thanksgiving, i decided to walk tippy instead of drive to the field, and there are 5 cop cars, a firetruck, two paramedic trucks and a crowd...

i think huh? nothing happens here... odd...

well it turns out, that one of the kids with his hiphop and done up cars decided not to stop at the stop sign on the corner, and ran down a grandson and his grandmother...

grandma, being the loving gran that she is, is in the hospital...
the grandson was thrown clear and is fine...
yes hip hop baggy pants boy is in custody, as he should be...

no alcohol involved, jst bad MTV attitude..

k you youngens listen up...
sure, it may be cool to wear your pants around your knees,
sure it may be cool to wear your ball caps off to the side, and say words like "yo" and "respec" and whatever else it is you all say now...

but, have a little respect for your surroundings... none of you are "gangsta's" and you wouldn't know what to do if you met a gangster in all reality.

you're not tough hip hop rappers and you're not cool believing what you're told to believe, while you claim you're individuals...
you're not...
you're lemmings... doing what everyone else is doing, and trying to act all "ghetto"

unless you live in teh ghetto, don't fake it, because one day, you'll be listening to fiddy cen and mow down a grandchild and his grandmother because "yo you're from the hood chal"

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:20 PM
anytime chris :) but i was really doing it for golden ;)

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:15 PM
well adj4u...
go ahead...
be right
and argue with a girl again and try to do it by turning what you don't want to hear into an attack...

oh wait...

i'll wait while you attack me ok? and i'll spank your little donkey a$$

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:14 PM
hypocrisy and morality

Hypocrisy has been described alongside lack of sincerity, as a characteristic which attracts particular opprobrium in the modern age. Many belief systems condemn behaviours related to hypocrisy. In some translations of the Book of Job, the Hebrew word chaneph is rendered as "hypocrite," though it usually means "godless" or "profane." In the Christian Bible, Jesus condemns the scribes and Pharisees as hypocrites in the passage known as the Woes of the Pharisees. In the Buddhist text Dhammapada, Gautama Buddha condemns a man who takes the appearance of an ascetic but is full of passions within. In Islam, the Qur'an rails against the munafiq - those who claim to be believers and peacemakers, thinking they are fooling Allah and others, but only fool themselves.

Psychology and Hypocrisy

In psychology, hypocritical behavior is closely related to the fundamental attribution error: individuals are more likely to explain their own actions by their environment, yet they attribute the actions of others to 'innate characteristics', thus leading towards judging others while justifying ones' own actions.

Also, some people genuinely fail to recognize that they have character faults which they condemn in others. This is called Psychological projection. This is Self-deception rather than deliberate deception of other people. In other words, "Psychological hypocrisy" is usually interpreted by psychological theorists to be an unconscious defense mechanism rather than a conscious act of deception, as in the more classic connotation of hypocrisy. People understand vices which they are struggling to overcome or have overcome in the past. Efforts to get other people to overcome such vices may be sincere. There may be an element of hypocrisy as well if the actors do not readily admit to themselves how far they are or have been subject to these vices.

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:13 PM
well i'll play ball :)
lets play :D

Hypocrisy is the act of condemning or calling for the condemnation of another person when the critic is guilty of the act for which he demands that the accused be condemned. Though hypocrisy is frequently invoked as an accusation in debates, a few theorists have studied the utility of hypocrisy, and in some cases have suggested that the conflicts manifested as hypocrisy are a necessary or even beneficial part of human behavior and society.

The word hypocrisy derives from the Greek ὑπόκρισις (hypokrisis), which means "play-acting", "acting out", "feigning, dissembling" or "an answer"; the word hypocrite is from the Greek word ὑποκρίτης (hypokrites), the agentive noun associated with ύποκρινομαι (hypokrinomai), i.e. "I play a part." Both derive from the verb κρίνω, "judge, assess," presumably because the performance of a dramatic text by an actor was to involve a degree of interpretation, or assessment, of that text.

Nevertheless, whereas hypokrisis applied to any sort of public performance (including the art of rhetoric), hypokrites was a technical term for a stage actor and was not considered an appropriate role for a public figure. In Athens in the 4th Century BC, for example, the great orator Demosthenes ridiculed his rival Aeschines, who had been a successful actor before taking up politics, as a hypokrites whose skill at impersonating characters on stage made him an untrustworthy politician. This negative view of the hypokrites, perhaps combined with the Roman disdain for actors, later shaded into the originally neutral hypokrisis. It is this later sense of hypokrisis as "play-acting," i.e. the assumption of a counterfeit persona, that gives the modern word hypocrisy its negative connotation. In all this, we do not find the modern idea that the hypocrite is unaware that his performance or argument stands in contradiction with his self: on the contrary, a hypocrite in antiquity was someone who intentionally tried to deceive others.

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:08 PM
obesity in america: >> http://health.msn.com/reports/obesity/default.aspx <<

The degree to which a person is overweight is generally described using an indication of the amount of excess body fat present. There are several common ways to measure the amount of fat present in an individual's body.(See also body fat percentage):

Simple Weighing: The weight of the individual is measured and compared to an estimated ideal weight. This is the easiest and most common method, but by far the least accurate, as it only measures one quantity (weight) and often does not take into account many factors such as height, body type, and relative amount of muscle mass.
Body Mass Index (BMI): This is an adaptation of simple weighing which attempts to take into account the subject's general body size by dividing the weight by the height squared (the units for BMI are kg/m2, but are rarely referenced, and BMI numbers are typically written and used as unitless numbers). This provides a slightly more accurate representation than simply measuring raw weight, but still ignores many factors which can affect the results, and is generally not accurate for many individuals.
Skinfold Calipers or "pinch test": With this method, the skin at several specific points on the body is pinched and the thickness of the resulting fold is measured. This measures the thickness of the layers of fat located under the skin, from which a general measurement of total amount of fat in the body is calculated. This method can be reasonably accurate for many people, but it does assume particular patterns for fat distribution over the body which may not apply to all individuals, and does not account for fat deposits which may not be directly under the skin. Also, as the measurement and analysis generally involves a high degree of practice and interpretation, for an accurate result it must be performed by a professional and cannot generally be done by patients themselves.
Bioelectrical impedance analysis: This method involves passing a small electrical current through the body and measuring the body's resistance to the electrical flow. As fat and muscle conduct electricity differently, this method can provide a direct measurement of the percentage of body fat present as compared to muscle mass. In the past, this technique could only be performed reliably by trained professionals with specialized equipment, but it is now possible to buy "home kits" which allow individuals to do this themselves with a minimum of training. Despite the improved simplicity of this process over the years, however, there are a number of factors which can affect the results, including hydration and body temperature, so a fair amount of care must still be taken when applying this test to ensure that the results are in fact accurate and applicable.
Hydrostatic Weighing: Considered one of the more accurate methods of measuring body fat, this technique involves completely submerging the subject underwater and using special equipment to measure his or her weight while submerged. This weight is then compared with "dry weight" as recorded outside the water to determine overall body density. As fat is less dense than muscle, careful application of this technique can provide a reasonably close estimate of fat content in the body. This technique does, however, require expensive specialized equipment and trained professionals to administer it properly.
DEXA (dual energy X-ray absorptiometry): Originally developed to measure bone density, DEXA imaging has also come to be used as a precise way to determine body fat content by using the density of various body tissues to identify which portions of the body are fat. This test is generally considered to be very accurate, but requires a great deal of expensive medical equipment and trained professionals to perform.
Despite the inherent inaccuracies, the most common method for discussing this subject used by researchers and advisory institutions is body mass index (BMI) numbers. Definitions of what is considered to be overweight change from time to time and sometimes from country to country, but the current definition proposed by both the US National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization designates anyone with a BMI of 25 kg/m2 or more to be overweight.

BMI, however, does not account for differing amounts of muscle mass, genetic factors, or many other individual variations, and thus many individuals can have BMIs less than 25 and still be considered overweight, while others may have BMIs significantly higher without falling into this category[2]. Many of the more accurate methods mentioned above for determining body fat content can provide better indications of whether a particular individual is overweight or not.

If an individual is sufficiently overweight that excess body fat could present substantial health risks, he or she is considered to be obese. It is possible for someone to be overweight without being obese (according to the NIH and WHO, a BMI between 25 and 30 is considered to be "overweight" but not "obese"). Again, the designation of "obesity" is subject to a great deal of interpretation and many individual factors, so an individual with a BMI well below 30 may be considered to be obese depending on their particular condition, while in some cases a BMI above 30 may not actually indicate obesity (although likely still does indicate being overweight).

LivingByBeats's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:04 PM
why can't we choose to delete sent mail? it great to know that someone read it, but what about the collection of tons of mail that accumulates?

LivingByBeats's photo
Sun 10/07/07 09:56 PM
i can't answer for american men. however here? i've never seen that up here. usually when a guy has something that's cool, he gets bragging rights.. but there is a rule on that... 10 minutes tops or he's a a$$hole...

then thats it...
and guys up here are pretty laid back about that kind of thing..

my brother is the guy in the group that drives a bmw, and well he's the first to say that he's elevated from an a$hole, to an A$hole in a bmw, and he'll yell it out the window at the guy he just cut off...

so i know that american men are hardcore on each other, as i lived there, but its just not like that up here... it isn't like that in europe either that i've seen...

so sorry :P nope and you're wrong and we were talking about you ladies anyway, so no way man :P you don't get to pull that classic move and make it about us...

uh huh... thats chicken siht stuff :p ha!

LivingByBeats's photo
Sun 10/07/07 09:50 PM
lol...
its a nikon, and it kicks ass, optical not digital ha! so there :P
oh yeah ,i know my hardware baby...
you should see the optical digital slr i have...
wait a sec...
this is about women being catty...
humpf humpf, time to post pix of my car dammit...

my exhaust is bigger than your exhaust :D

LivingByBeats's photo
Sun 10/07/07 09:47 PM
Native_Grl39
smoooooooch!!!!
thank you so much ! I couldn't find a damn thing can you beleive it?

:) you are a rock star!!

LivingByBeats's photo
Sun 10/07/07 09:43 PM
excellent (sinister laugh) release the hounds heh

LivingByBeats's photo
Sun 10/07/07 09:33 PM
and tomorrow is the actual turkey fest :)
so far this weekend we've had roast pheasant, and chicken, and well i've been eating everything in site (including my usual staple of sardines.. cuz i like em so there humpf)

I was looking for a traditional native greeting for this festival and i can't seem to find it anywhere.... anyone native have one from their memory/history that they would like to share?

LivingByBeats's photo
Sun 10/07/07 09:29 PM
this has always been a curiousity to me...
men ... yeah we can like not like someone, but we don't talk about thier hair, shoes, butt, or whether or not those are fake heh...

so you all gotta give us poor guys the heads up on that...
cuz well... what gives? how come you all can totally hate on each other like that?

and then go for coffee :O

LivingByBeats's photo
Sun 10/07/07 09:20 PM
avg is the best you can get. :)

i install the profession and network additions on client systems and computers, as well as a few other ones that are a little bit more robust than required for joe average home use :)

good call on the avg !

LivingByBeats's photo
Sun 10/07/07 09:18 PM
ps: that was me goofing around :| pls do not take seriously