Community > Posts By > PacificStar48

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 03/19/17 01:17 PM
I agree there definitely an element of "deserving" love.

If you are not willing to make the effort to be loveable then it is unlikely to "bloom" even if it (love) gets in your proximity.

People who are always a downer, are demanding, are openly hostile or cruel drive away people before they even know they are being considered

Many times they have love in their life and ignore or trple

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 03/19/17 01:00 PM
Depend on a huge list of factors and the people involved. How flexible they are and how tolerant the culture they go into.

To get feed back on your thread you might want your question to be more specific and sound less like you ate asking someone to do a school work assignment.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 03/19/17 12:28 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Sun 03/19/17 12:33 PM
Be human. Show or say something that doesn't look or sound robotic. Send a holiday greeting specific to your area or current news.

Ask questions that are open ended and don't sound like the usual inquiries.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 03/19/17 12:28 PM
Post in forums.

Put up a new photo frequently. SMILE in all your photos. Have at least three photos that show a personal interest or fact about yourself.

Write a profile that is complete. No answer is a huge turn off.

Answer all your mail; including hi or hellos if you like their profile. Many just send a simple first greeting.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 03/19/17 12:05 PM
I tend to agree the scammers ate pretty obvious but maybe that is because I have been on line so many years and seen the same canned format so many times in my inbox that I pretty much have it memorized.

Tip newbees don't lift the usual clap trap from others profiles or self help books or you will will be round filed. Write your own profile. offtopic

I do think timing factors in
I try to avoid playing in Mingleland or on line in general a couple days if I have had a cheap shot emotionally for one reason or other.
I guess I don't really get the lonesome thing because I can feel more lonesome in a crowd than when I have a small circle of friends or no significant other so I am more driven to talk to someone or be creative until the dry spell abates. I always find the convoy good here if I really want someone to talk to.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 03/18/17 07:04 PM
Lol I read my email for grins and giggles but searching once in a blue moon. I wonder if some on "my" list have also run in the obituaries.

Mingle is great for reading forums.

Works if I see someone interesting I don't want to give my home address to. Usually the profile trips the up. Amazeing how basic questions mess people up. Best reason to tell the truth. Proves people can't remember their lies.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 03/18/17 05:42 PM
Maybe. I think too many are looking for some mythical form of perfection
And easy dates.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 03/18/17 05:42 PM
Maybe. I think too many are looking for some mythical form of perfection
And easy dates.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 03/18/17 05:13 PM
I say this from having immigrant children, years of being a Sponsor for foreign born women in the civilian and military community, and working in "welfare" service organizations that help the families after these "arrangements" fall apart.

What few people want to acknowledge is the extremely harsh predudice that exists towards immigrant people or the people that help them. And how often that prejudice makes them exploited. It is enough to break some of the toughest and or courageous people because it never really goes away.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 03/18/17 05:03 PM
Setting all the arguments about scammers and not being predudiced aside the reality is when you take people out of their "home" country, even if it is to a so called better environment it is still extteamly difficult and many of the women suffer terribly.

Often it destroys their family relationships, they live more or less socially internally exiled, and the cultural shock for both partners is usually enough to destroy the relationship in less time than it does to pay off the travel and legal expenses.

Some times it lasts long enough to create a child that have to often be the primary person to meet all their Mother's needs because of social and language barriers. Unless the mother pulls the new spouse into a local surrogate culture but often that is not the easyiest environment for anyone.

Many times these difficult or failed
Relationships cause major depression,addictions, bankruptcy, neglected children, spouse abuse (both ways), and sadly suicide rather than cope with the " I told you so's.).

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 03/18/17 04:23 PM
I get that scammers in on line dating are kind of the ants at the picnic but why is it so many people seem to want to ignore the recommended safety protocol? Do they think they have some crystal ball to avoid getting taken?

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 03/18/17 04:03 PM

Why on Earth would a woman cheat on this awesomeness ..right^^ here..lol.
... but let's just say for argument's sake that she got hit over the head..
And suffered from short-term amnesia.. and went out on the town with some other guy.....hmmmm...
Well what's good for the goose is good for the gander I guess..... I wonder if Pamela Anderson is available for a dinner date. ..lol

Hey I think this definitely a two way street. If my late husband caught me cheating I would expect him to kick me to the curb and make it a humiliating as possible.

No if's, no butts, no maybe's. And eben if I am crippled, crazy, or under duress it is NP excuse.

Why anyone would leave PHD I am going to say crazy. Sorry she might be the Mother of his kids but seems like a nice guy. And he didn't even pay me to say it. Lol

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 03/18/17 03:42 PM
Cheating always comes down to a choice to cheat. Anyone who chooses to cheat on me can expect that the relationship is toast and I am going to choose when it ends.

Since I can't have my first option, homicide, I am going to make sure my second choice is as painful as possible.

Sounds harsh but if you talk to ANY person I have a relationship with is there is a standing option to get a divorce fair and square.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 03/18/17 01:46 PM
Also many people manage their own disability or actually hire professional caregiver for certain procedures that a spouse doesn't know how to do or find unromantic.

Another thing people come to understand is that as you age there are many unpleasant things you do for spouses and that is just part of the deal.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 03/18/17 01:38 PM

That's a good ? op... if you are asking romantically
and so many different opinions... can come with that ...
I know it might be hard right now to try and
think about a life taking care of someone else...
that is disabled ... but for someone young like you...
their is still a chance to find love ...
if that is what you want ...
but I think I understand why you asked ...
sometimes many do not want the other person ...
to feel obligated ... and to proud to except help ...
when that might not bother someone at all ...

It is true in some disabilities c
That a spouse takes on certain chores associated with care giving but not always and for some spouses it I'd either a privelege or such a minor thing for the blessings of having g an inner dependent yolking they don't notice it unless some person with tn el vision points it out.

People with disabilities are a unique combination of pluses and minues like any person without something labeled ad a disability.

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 03/17/17 08:29 PM
This idea comes up over and over but the reality in today's world your child's picture I'd everywhere so your child is less vulnerable here than they are wandering around a department store.

Should parents be smart enough not to give strangers their personal email and phone number or take anyone they have not well researched "home" not only YES but Have you lost your mind YES!!!!!!! Meet people in secure public places and do your homework on the people are a risk.

Those with children should be upfront about having kids; at least put the age range of the ones at home so you don't waste your time, money, and emotional energy on people who don't want a family. That is more of a risk to your kids.

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 03/17/17 07:19 PM

My suggestion is do as the first sentence is saying, make a note of the rest of the sentences smile2

Too funny. Probably add
Dial 1-800-4Divorce. Lol

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 03/17/17 07:14 PM
People who take their personal fussing on line would be the person I would drop like a hot rock.

Sounds like she is done.

Live and learn.

Don't think I would commit social suicide telling future people you blew it.

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 03/17/17 06:52 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Fri 03/17/17 07:05 PM
In real life I have never been the ball breaker type or even get that onto describing myself. The not being a sleep around might have driven a weaker man eldes where but i never wanted a guy that was up for easy sex. I let men draw their own conclusions and more often than not I haven't seen it hurt my social life.

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 03/17/17 06:52 PM
I can't speak for men but I have been told by men they see me as better than average brains and looks and that I am definitely strong mentally and at times physically ( I did heavy work when I was younger; not so much now as getting older). And I have never been a sleep around.

But my experience is it depends on the guy if it is a plus or minus. Since I have never hurt for suitors so I would say no; not a big enough problem to try to be something different.

But I will say in teal life I am not nearly so forward about declaring who I am