Community > Posts By > PacificStar48

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 03/17/17 06:15 PM
Ya all have a rockin St.Patty's !!!
Be safe, eat great food, dance til her shoes fall off. Hope your best wishes come true. Luck of the Irish to ya wee ones. Grandma Star

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 03/17/17 06:15 PM
Ya all have a rockin St.Patty's !!!
Be safe, eat great food, dance til her shoes fall off. Hope your best wishes come true. Luck of the Irish to ya wee ones. Grandma Star

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 03/17/17 02:35 PM
Depends if you are wealthy and travel doesn't mess up your personal life.

I am lucky at this stage in my life I can go where I like so if I met someone I could consider relocating but I would still do local time before I transplanted my life and away from what I consider a good life.

Too easy for people to maintain a persona when you don't hang out in the same local. You can get in such a mess. I am no coward but hey I am not going to hang a noose around my neck and just hope I don't hey hung. Lol

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 09:54 PM
Sometimes sticking up for yourself is an important lesson to others as it I'd an easier way to live with yourself.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 09:54 PM
Sometimes sticking up for yourself is an important lesson to others as it I'd an easier way to live with yourself.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 09:52 PM

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 09:28 PM
My experience of finding birth family is it does little to give you a feeling of identity since as adults we really form our own identity by our own choices. It is not that much about proving your genes or what country your ancestors come from but how well you bloom where you are planted or work to promote yourself.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 07:20 PM
Probably how you define it. Some think any size that has an x in it is the end of the world if they date.

Too bad their is too much stigma to just put weight rather than euphemism on profiles.

I doubt it is likely that your competition is going to point you to available ladies they would date.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 07:08 PM
Well probably a little sweeter spirited than that. I was thinking more like showing up at the office with only garters under my raincoat or having his truck filled with balloons. I once put something playful in his BDU pocket.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 04:52 PM

[/quote

I forgot making your parents crazy is in some ways a kids job. It is part of how they learn to control or conquer their world.

If you try you can find a way to teach your child how to get from you what is just and fair or in their and your best interest by other means.

What you teach them about managing their parent is exactly how they will manage their neighborhood, teachers, and future employers. And this is the life and death difference for many children how to manage people,police, who hold authoritative over them.

Teaching obedience, even when it feels unfair,abitary, or even wrong still boils down to survival.

And let's getvreal sometimes as parents we will be all of the above because none of us is perfect but we are still better than the parents that give up, give in, or just give out because they don't parent from confidence and consistency.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 04:34 PM
Usually if a kid is really driveing you crazy probably want to do a little investigating why.

Sometimes just a low keyed conversation with your kid and they will tell you why. Kids are sirprisingly honest if you don't teach the not to be. If they are doing something "kid" that you don't like often just asking them why is effective. Example Dad "Why did you scream in the house?" Kid " I didn't" and in their ability to modulate their voice maybe they didn't". Then some experimenting with inside voice versus out can held them learn. And controlling the environment so they are not over tired or too wound up by rowdy play better done each day outside. Not realistic to let your kids watch Power Rangers and not let your kids know that play is outdoor fun.

But you have to set the example and not scream in the house just to save a few steps or whoop it up when the ball game is on or you are fussing with someone on the phone.

Other poor behaviors often have their base in fatigue, thirst, hunger, allergy, stress, lack of exercise, plaayes; theirs or yours. Kids are like sponges they exhibit what they often pick up.

If they get on your nerves you may need to take a jog around the block after work or other stresses before you hit the door. Kids bedtime is as much for your sanity as their well being.

Having kids is having two full time jobs and you need to factor in extra nourishment for yourself. You have to bag the late night TV or computer if you don't want to burn out.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 04:34 PM
Usually if a kid is really driveing you crazy probably want to do a little investigating why.

Sometimes just a low keyed conversation with your kid and they will tell you why. Kids are sirprisingly honest if you don't teach the not to be. If they are doing something "kid" that you don't like often just asking them why is effective. Example Dad "Why did you scream in the house?" Kid " I didn't" and in their ability to modulate their voice maybe they didn't". Then some experimenting with inside voice versus out can held them learn. And controlling the environment so they are not over tired or too wound up by rowdy play better done each day outside. Not realistic to let your kids watch Power Rangers and not let your kids know that play is outdoor fun.

But you have to set the example and not scream in the house just to save a few steps or whoop it up when the ball game is on or you are fussing with someone on the phone.

Other poor behaviors often have their base in fatigue, thirst, hunger, allergy, stress, lack of exercise, plaayes; theirs or yours. Kids are like sponges they exhibit what they often pick up.

If they get on your nerves you may need to take a jog around the block after work or other stresses before you hit the door. Kids bedtime is as much for your sanity as their well being.

Having kids is having two full time jobs and you need to factor in extra nourishment for yourself. You have to bag the late night TV or computer if you don't want to burn out.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 03:32 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Thu 03/16/17 03:51 PM
Saying that a qualified nanny or well appointed childcare center is somehow giving a child some kind of depravation or a child feel Less loved or secure is ludacrist.

Most children love and respect their Caregivers and welcome the opportunities it provides just like they love their family religious leaders,coaches, pediatrician, or neighborhood first responders.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 03:32 PM
If you are talking about having two employable parents, even divorced co-opperating parents yes I believe if you have kids the child should have parents that slow down the career push and give their children reasonable participation in their lives.

But I think I made it clear that NO parent is neglecting their child having an adequate nanny so they can have a career. Especially if it provides the Essential "things" that children need to thrive.

The reality is this is a single parent site and for any number of hood reasons a single parent does NOT have the resources to make ANY choice but to go to work to provide basic necessities. And until society quits "Shoulding" all over them with guilt trips about using what is often more than adequate care I will repeat that children can and do thrive with Nanny's helping.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 02:50 PM
Separated to. Me means they are selfish and want you on stand by until if ever they clean up the mess they say they ate getting out of.

You start out being the janitor in the relationship and there is no reason for it to get better.

More often they just visit the same step off your heart they are doing to the the one they are with. Including any innocents like kids that so often get caught up in that abismal patenting behavior.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 02:14 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Thu 03/16/17 02:19 PM
What do you think of the practical jokes kind of romantic gestures?
I have an inner leprechaun that misses doing some of that kind of stuff that did as Wife .

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 02:14 PM
I am in the same ball park as ya all
Too much too soon and I am backing away real fast.

In an established relationship then if it is not too intimate it could be kind of sweet. The sweet heart chalked on the street for an wedding anniversary yea. After a date yikes.

I have always worked from the premise if you don't already know the answer to some questions it is probably too soon.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 10:19 AM
Not fun feeling but it will fade if you keep working on being who you want to be.

Sometimes journaling can help you sort out why someone stays in your head.

I think we learn something from every person in our life. Doodle an image of what this person represents to you. Maybe that will give you insite. I would think the ghost reference would mean something. Even if it is a lead

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 10:19 AM
Not fun feeling but it will fade if you keep working on being who you want to be.

Sometimes journaling can help you sort out why someone stays in your head.

I think we learn something from every person in our life. Doodle an image of what this person represents to you. Maybe that will give you insite. I would think the ghost reference would mean something. Even if it is a lead

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 03/16/17 09:59 AM
Beautiful tribute.
Captured a lot of the feelings of being a surviving is spouse. I was only a couple years older than you so this ground I tread.
The good news is you do eventually feel like your heart has the great capacity for love and it can love again. Not as a memorial but as a celebration.
The heart has more than one chamber for a reason and if she loves you half as much as you seem to love her as your angel my belief she will put love in your path when you are ready.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next