Community > Posts By > PacificStar48

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/05/17 08:00 PM
I have a few that I could probably do some damage to for hurting people who didn't have it coming but the longer I live the more I see Karma catch them and do much more severe punishments than I could inflict.

Are their people I would like to apologize to that I haven't yea a few. Sometimes you don't get the chance PR they want hear it.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/05/17 07:35 PM
If I win the lotto I want a trike but not the loud ones. I know I know I am such am old lady.

Have fun on your adventures and be as safe as possible.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/05/17 06:16 PM

At some point a decision will need to be made as to who relocates.
LDR didn't work for me. There are others who started off LDR and are soon to get married. Or are married

I have seen more than a couple of REALLY UGLY divorces when a LDR jumps to marriage before any local time.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/05/17 05:53 PM
Don't know it holds true for women but I have frequently seen men date marry and even remarry a type/look in women. Sometimes even the same name.

What seems odd to me is when men marry someone who looks very close to their Mother but that is command too.

I don't know if it is some kind of early imprinting or just an attempt to get family acceptance.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/05/17 05:33 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Wed 04/05/17 06:10 PM
People do a lot of things while texting. What influences you about the person you are interested in dating regards texting and ----.

Examples

Would you date someone;

Text & drive?

Text and eat on a date?

Text and work?

Text when doing child care?

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/05/17 05:23 PM
If you can't find someone more or less local then you either don't want someone or you probably don't deserve someone in many instances. NOT all

LDR's start out with a lot of strikes against them so even fairly good relationship s collapse under the pressure.

At my age I would rather play the safe hand or live solo

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/05/17 05:04 PM

I don't know, actually. I have never had the experience.

I've had a woman ask to see a pic of my X. I didn't go get it.
All those pics are in the old photo albums packed away. They will go to my kids.

noway This would freak me out. Some information you wait until it I'd offered and if none of my business.

What CrystalFairy says is how I feel. Why is it so hard for people to live in the moment and be with the one you are with?
spock wish there was a darthvadar l am all for living for now and even the future but "the Force" is with me and I think my past is part of who I am so new people "deal with it" just like your stuff I am going to deal with.bigsmile

Curiosity can be a wonderful thing when making discoveries but sometimes its worth it to pursue it. It doesn't matter who they were with, what matters is who they are with now.
winking Yea, yea, yea and you just pretend the Ex doesn't exist and then you find out in the real world they are some stone crazy criminal type that lover phoo is trying to ignore. Or they have gotten royally ripped off, beaten for years, and has six kids that haven't gotten a penny.
People can keep up a persona for years but you don't take a look at their history you are bound to repeat it.sad

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/05/17 02:27 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Wed 04/05/17 02:32 PM
I think it might be difficult, curious by nature.

If someone has put the picture down I might think that was a positive sign that 1) they are moving on and it is ptobably headed for a more descteet spot ot picture album and at my age 2) this person is probably a parent and is trying to be respectful of their kid's feelings by not ditching it.

The third possibility is she is hoping you are getting more interested and might suggest that by having a "selfie" of the two of you from one of your dates framed give her a clue of your intentions.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/05/17 02:13 PM
Yes I have had that was someone flirting thought later. I usually dismiss it as someone following me to panhandle when the security people are out of earshot.

Best I can do is say offer a business card with your Mingle address.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/05/17 11:24 AM

The President of the United States is aged 70 and his wife is 46 years old, and they have been married for well over 10 years, age difference doesn't matter to some in order to have a successful relationship, and they clearly see more in each other than just how old they are.

Long term relationships, marriages, are not entered in to lightly and most people know what they are looking for, if age difference matters to you then better to date within an age range you feel comfortable with in my opinion.

Without getting into a political debate I am not sure I would characterize the marriage(S) of our current President as the greatest example of relationships. All the money and power in the world would not be worth that to me. And I doubt if it were not he would clearly not let Baron go with her I think she might have left him a long time ago. I noticed she sure seems to have a separate life in his Ivory Tower. I will see how lasting it is after this term. If he doesn't declare incompetency to stay out of jail I imagine she will be history.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/05/17 11:05 AM
I remember when we just adopted our second double trouble as a son. Bring the diligent parents we thought we should be we safely secured things from them.

But we kept finding things out. Blaming the other for awhile and then
Wondering for a while if we had a racoon or other such gremlin we started doubling down.

To our surprise I finally caught them stripping off their shoes and socks and literally climbing up the adjoining door jam like monkey's going up a coconut tree. And after unfastening the spring loaded latch letting the other down quietly.

So I have had lots of laughs over the years since as they cope with their own drape apes.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/04/17 10:28 PM

Question? If you will die tomorow? Why not today?

Cux I am determined to out live the trolls of life.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/04/17 10:15 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Tue 04/04/17 10:23 PM
Disclaimer the "flip side" is just as much a joke as the female version.
At least the majority of the time.

Dating can be fun and not a lot
of drama if you just use a little common sense and courtesy.

On line dating is no different. Follow the Mingleland recommendations and you can easily avoid the scammers and rip offs. And over time meet
Nice hard working normal people like yourself. People who when you get to know and like them often stay friends for years if that great romance is not in the cards.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/04/17 08:43 PM
Pictures can make or break a profile.

Not surprisingly the ones that get the most return for the owner are not that hard to accomplish

And it does NOT take great looks to get lots of results

The SINGLE key ingredient is a SMILE.
Even if your's is not quite perfect you still just have to flash that I like what I am looking at. Because if that is what you project that is way WAY easier to get back.

Believe it or not the next is to have clean hair. If it is the least grundge it will somk

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/04/17 08:16 PM
Clearly English is limited

So important to use spell/gring ammer check. Or ask a trusted friend for help. Or put your profile out there in two languages. Many in the USA do speak Hindi.

Add more pictures showing interests.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/04/17 07:29 PM
Good write.

Sad to say I have found myself in that treacherous loop more than a few times in my life
Thank God it eventually wears itself out.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/04/17 06:06 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Tue 04/04/17 06:26 PM
Given your age and location I don't want to speak for the local ladies which in a real world scenario you probably want to be hearing your effort.

I can't believe it is that much different than anywhere else.

That means given what a woman from 18-24 wants it's probably not you. That is just the facts of life that most women are more mature in SOME of their wants; serious career direction, education, maybe obtaining the independence and safyey not to mention independence of owning a car, getting married before they get pregnant. Maybe even living away from home.

Your profile doesn't sound like they are even on your long term agenda.

So you could be the cutest thing since kittens and you are dead in the water.

And if you read down through your long and difficult to read profile it kind of sounds like an Peter Pan type that thinks that "dreams come true" by accident.
Even your singular profile shot looks like a half baked effort. Backward hat, no smile, looks like taken in Mommy & Daddy's house.

And here is a truth that even many music fans believe is "How do you know when a musician is lying?
......His lips are moving." Fair?; not really but you know who told me that? A very successful musician.

You can redeem yourself bit you want to correct some of you deficiency and make a really high profile in the forums in Mingleland and on you community . pass out some cards with your email with a big smile maybe your luck will change.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/04/17 05:04 PM
About all it takes to debunk the idea that "HOW" little Johnny or Susie is would be to be a parent for a relative short time. Children are inundated with images, sounds, behavior ect. From pretty much birth.

While a lucky few families can Shelter their very young children from contradictory values and behaviors with consistent efforts if you are not going to "edit" virtually everything they are going to be exposed to a variety of views.

Then there is the inate developmental drive/curiosity for humans to experience things that are different.

You want to "make" a kid seek something out try keeping it away from them. It makes it almost irresistible. This includes ideas and value and behavior.

If we hope to influence behavior for the positive I think we have to try to and let people "walk a mile in the others shoes".

And that starts at as young as is age appropriate.

Often what a child sees in the play yard and the school yard has a much greater influence.

And in the case of adult interactions it goes into the work place.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/04/17 04:07 PM
Interesting how folks think it is their right to dump their problems on others. Especially on an innocent individual. I kind of get asking for the greater community to help but I am not up for paying for someone else's sins or stupidity.

Heck I have enough of my own "stuff" to pay dues on

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/04/17 09:55 AM
I looked at your profile;maybe after the first edit and it is OK.

For a really pretty woman it still lacks the the sparkle that really will set you apart from the crowd.

The photo editing isn't as complicated as it sounds so you may tweak some you have and add a few.

And I know the idea of a full body shot probably makes a firing squad s ound more appealing.

But they are kind of essential so like the commercial just do it.

This will be easier if you find a friendly environment to do it. I always suggest picking a place you like to go because all photos can add a story to beef up the text. Exp. You like to read go to a library or a book store.
It is find to ask clerks or Wait staff to snap a picture; you want great ones do it where you regularly shop (and tip).

Other places that are female friendly are a garden shop or park in the morning. This does not have to be dead on the face shot but needs to be close on enough to show it's you. Superstores often have seasonal settings that you can build an album of to keep rotating in fresh pics and that helps keep your views up.

This is not an accusation infoayipnal to all readers one place I never recommend is a bar. The subtle suggestion is not going to be good. And if you have any alcohol in your system I guaranteed it shows in your pictures. Almost never is the lighting good.

The real secret to great portrait shots is ALWAYS the smile. I know that sounds easier than it is but play around with the voice inside your head and think of someone you like or something that makes you really happy and flash your natural smile. If it helps take some silly shots to loosen up just do Not put them on your profile. Goofy is fine with your friends but males you look drunk or manic in pics.

And leave the model poses for the professionals. Believe. Me for everyone that hits the page hundreds get tossed.

To avoid the redundancy in a photo array you have to change outfits and backgrounds. This is where telling a story about yourself can and should come in. Have a pet get it in one photo. Are you a parent show you doing a parent chore Laundry, picking up an arm load of toys, setting on the bleachers at a game; if you are not comfortable having your kid in pics. Generally poorly received. Of you have a hobby,favorite concert T-shirt, even faith affiliation tjod is easy to relate in a photo

Hope this helps. Welcome to Mingle.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25