Community > Posts By > PacificStar48

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/12/17 07:43 PM
I do wish there was a place to date photos. Seems honest.

I use photos to show some of my interests ect. . I don't see those have to be current.

Clearly the leadshot should be current.

I'm with most that think the tacky juvenile or hootchi (applys to both gender) type photos are a auto delete.

Leadshots with no eye contact or smile.

The slob look just seems stupid.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/12/17 07:24 PM

a picture of you kissing your dog

seriously???? like I am gonna want to kiss that mouth now sick

Sooooo, kissing a fish I just caught is okay?

Depends how big the fish. Only a fisherman can really appreciate the effort. Lol

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/12/17 07:13 PM
Waste of time no text. Looks like the lead shot is lifted and the rest a kid playing around playing look something alike.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/12/17 06:50 PM
Great write!!!

PS Someone who tells you that you are ugly is just stone crazy.

If your writing is any indication same is true for anyone who calls you stupid. Just evil twisted jealous is my guess.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/12/17 04:53 PM
Sad to say that online is often a garbled mess of people. Everything from the painfully shy to players, workaholics, to those who barely take a bath but think they are still desirable because they have a pulse.

Fortunately you can learn the ropes and learn some of the weeding out tips and the field gets a little clearer.

It still comes down to if you are dateable and how well you get that across so you attract what you want. Doesn't hurt a bit if you make some online friends you can ask to give you the behind the sceans info.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/12/17 04:28 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Wed 04/12/17 04:38 PM

My ex came to my club to pick up his super drunk sister ( lol should have been my first friggin red flag).

My late hubby at my birthday party thrown by friends.

One long time pal ( not the marrying kind sad) actually her on
Mingleland.

Currently a serious contender a international medical profession my surgeon introduced me.

Somehow no one ever introduced me to anyone before. That would be so cool if that happened :)

Sorry to hear about your late husband pstar flowerforyou

And good luck on the contender! :)

Thanks for the sympathy and the congrats.

Sometimes the introduction thing works and sometimes not. You have to be kind of selective.

What I have found being widowed that many of the friends and family knew for a time introducing anyone new was the furthest thing from what they should do. Later I think they hostess's got used to me flying solo. Even when I started dating I kept it off the radar so to speak; and still showed up solo. One thing I did not want was close friends or family fix ups that if it went "badly" that I had to tip toe around why.

But now in my circles I have a few people saying "why isn't a nice gal like you married again?" and I tell them well if you have someone in mind don't you dare give them my phone number but you can give them my email; I have nice personal photo bussiness cards, and that keeps me as busy as I want to be. Generally your "people" know what you are about. Least you meet people with some commonalities. I always write the name of the friend I give my card to on it so it makes them kind of a reference which keeps things civilized. Some jerk shows up you can bet they go on the do not call list. Lol You get older people don't want to end up persona non gratis.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/12/17 12:23 PM
My ex came to my club to pick up his super drunk sister ( lol should have been my first friggin red flag).

My late hubby at my birthday party thrown by friends.

One long time pal ( not the marrying kind sad) actually her on
Mingleland.

Currently a serious contender a international medical profession my surgeon introduced me.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/12/17 12:07 PM

Well.. I have dated both women who are Workaholics and women who do not work at all...
Personally I would like to date somebody that has the balance.. holds down a job but it's not her everything

For me this applys to men too.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/12/17 12:03 PM

?? Saying "hi" is about the most basic and almost meaningless human interaction a person can indulge in.

I would think that saying "hi" WOULD even work if you walked into the wrong restroom. I know, because I have actually witnessed EVERY situation described above and more, yes including people in the wrong restroom, and funerals, and so on.

Now. If what you REALLY meant, was something a lot more significant than just emitting enough sound and air to form the word "hi" in an audible manner, then the whole situation changes. Such as, if you EXPECT A PERSONAL RESPONSE of some sort to whatever greeting you emit, then everything changes.

I have found that unless someone is already pleased with your visual and auditory presentation, that there is NOWHERE that is a "good place and time" to try to initiate a meaningful interaction with them.

I get your point but counter that t "Hi" is just a social courtesy that keeps most people from being caught of guard to your presence. It is just a nice way to smile at some one or make them feel welcome or less intimidated by your presence if you reserve going into their personal space until invited. It is kind of like a social gate that allows others to acknowledge you and if they are interested invite you closer.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/12/17 11:53 AM

I was selling signs at a car show/swap meet. She was with her cousin selling stuff in the space next to me. We talked all weekend. We are now together almost 6 years.

Hey congrats on finding the one. You are still a Mingleland fav. In the forimd

Best wishes.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/11/17 10:48 PM
Deepest Sympathy to family, friend, students, and co-workers of Special Education teacher Karen Smith murdered by her estranged husband in her classroom.

Duplicate sentiment for the additional child victim who I Will not name Since he is a minor.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/11/17 10:09 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Tue 04/11/17 10:23 PM
Hmmmm I can only speak for me.
Good
When you have seen me someplace several times and I know your name.

When our mutual friends entertain but I really don't know you.

When there is a security guard standing near by at a park, beach, or community event.

When I am with a group of people that I obviously know others.

When I am volunteering and so are you.

When I am watching a ball game and the score is really lopsided.

When I am waiting in a long line.

When I go to a traditionally male dominated show or community exposition such as monster truck rally, rodeo, military event, coin show, or first responders charity competition.

When I am on campus outside waiting to go I to my class or taking a break at the student center.

When I have pulled up to a loading zone at the lumber yard or garden store and clearly help is not coming.

NOT Good

When I am clearly alone and waiting for something.

When I am with a friend who has clearly expressed interest in you first.

When I am in my work clothes and just making a quick stop on my way home.
When I am with dependent patient or family members. Especially an elderly parent unless you want to watch the bathroom door so I can use it for a opposite gender.

When I have my small dog out and I have not offered for you to pet or assist me in some way. Especially when you have children or pets with you.

When I am seeking religious instruction, waiting to receive medical care, when I am trying to pay for services or a bill.

When I am talking or the ting on my phone.

When you look at me and I turn away. Especially if I do it more than once. Cat and mouse is for highschool. If I am clearly interested in returning your attention I will look you straight in the eye, smile, and nod.

If I am considerate enough to shake my head no, say no, or tell you a reason I am not interested it is NOT open to debate, negotiation, pleading, or asking why.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/11/17 02:30 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Tue 04/11/17 03:26 PM
Yup!
And from what the Best Man at or wedding told it was mutual. That when he returned to his command that late night he called close on duty staff into his command office announceing that "There would be some reorganization soon and dismissed everyone but him, the XO, who he told he had met the woman he was going to marry."

How it happen my now late husband politely came over to a small birthday outing with friends. He introduced himself, by name, to the group and asked if he could please just excuse me from the party for a dance and thanked me and them on return. He excused himself and continued a polite distance away dancing what was at best an "infantry shuffle" or in the case of an amputated female veteran the only "slow" close waltz. ( Sober but sociable his confident but aloof interest was refreshing over many in a very crowded place.)

After which friends in the group made sure I was given his distinguished resume. One telling me toward the end of the evening if I did not give him an accurate phone number he would as my best interest. Something I rarely did as a young single mother.

So later a discreet nod and a walk to the jukebox he interceded and ask for another dance and offered his signature card with a number. We chatted and I told him I had children and the next day was family day but I would call before church since he was deploying soon. Which I did.

We talked through first service and he offered references if I would please just allow him to take us up to the snowline for lunch of our choice to allow my sons to ride the train and play in the snow after second service. Quite an undertaking given the special needs of our family.

After that day I think we never spent a day without contact until he died. Even if it meant hidden letters and delivered treats or courtesy calls from friends and his family if he was deployed. A kindness that continued the year+ after he passed.

When his chain of command called us in for the required military regulation permission, mostly a formal courtesy where marital leave is often granted, I was asked if I had understood many thought he was married to the Army and quite delighted to share him.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/11/17 02:07 PM
And the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Guess us poorer souls just have to watch am learn. tears

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/11/17 12:58 PM
While I admire many of the women from this area and heritage as attractive, kind, hard working, courageous, faithful, family centered, and smart they are no greater or lesser than women from any other area or heritage.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/11/17 12:48 PM
With that screen name I bet they aren't feeling mutual without a lot more than screen Icons.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/11/17 12:39 PM
Grandma's words....

You can learn a lot from watching and reading when your young but you learn more by doing and praying when yer growed.

The blessing of tulips or taters starts out on your knees diggin in cold ground.

Lambs warm the heart but it is the ewe that grows the most wool where yer socks come from.

To catch a good man ya keep the corners of your mouth turned up, yer hands up in prayer, and your knickers up until yer down the aisle.

To catch a good woman you keep yer words kind, yer hat in yer hand, your whiskers clean, and yer back bent in an honest days work.

Job ain't play but it pays the bills and that's good work yo be proud of.

Work might make ya tired but it's a little play that keeps ya from staying tired.

Babies cry for a reason, brat's cry for needing a spankin.

Boys chase after beer and loose britches; Men chase after work and their own homes.

There will be bountiful times, there will be lean times, there will be times of joy, there will be times of pain, but one thing you can count on is whatever time you find yourself in it will pass.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/11/17 11:57 AM

Hold on to what is good, even if it's a handful of dirt.
Hold on to what you believe. even if it's a tree that stands
by itself.
Hold on to what you must do,even if it's a long way from here.
Hold on to your life, even if it's easier to let go.
Hold on to my hand, even if someday I'll be gone away from you.

°°^^°^°°°°°This is worth reading every day!flowers

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/11/17 09:28 AM

Each and every time I see this topic I find myself thinking "I cannot for the love of god remember!"

Lol Yup I need that zombie run to the coffee pot myself.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/11/17 08:40 AM
Have seen the older woman younger guy thing and more often not it is;
Older woman has property, money, and or access to to perks the younger guy wants.

She will trade sex for companionship and his ability to fix up or do heavy chores or provided even minimal free aid attendant care or chauffeuring.

Wants help keeping tabs on kids or pets.

Big "F" you to abandoning spouse or adult children.

More face saving than admitting to friends/family they need the financial help or gifts he provides

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25