Community > Posts By > PacificStar48

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 08:57 PM
Quite a few actually.
Mikie just nice.
Kruppa and Two Kids art,
Bulldog supporting Vets,
the guy in Ireland poetry,
the Uk guy's funny jokes, and the Sac guy with the superior recipes.
Couple people that became offline friends who have passed away.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 08:28 PM
I reread the rebound behavior list and I think about the people I have known go through a nasty break up and and "symptoms" at least some of them are so common as being predictable.

In a perfect world friends and family will step up and intervein so some don't occur or become habitual but not everyone will listen.

And for lack of any other lable I would call it being socially suicidal. It certainly has that effect if it becomes chronic.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 08:12 PM

Omg yes yes and yes .. I feel pathetic..

I think people make lifestyle choices and or cope the best way they know how.

Calling anyone, even themself joking around, pathetic is extream and the same kind of abuse that also leads to relationships that often crumble crushing all involved or become involved later. That is more sad to me than calling a person names.

That doesn't preclude calling some behavior stupid because it has s self inflicted suffering but not even sure I want to say what two consenting adults decide to risk bothers me as long as I dont have to be included in it.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 05:20 PM
I don't do the walking wounded thing and just chill until I am past it.

I have zero interest in doing unto others as I have been done into.

And I don't do the stupid screw anything for kicks. I have enough issues without adding an STD. Or getting hurt being careless.

I did get stung by a guy who just. Couldn't/Wouldn't get over an Ex.

Think I "lived an learned" . I do get tired of the walking wounded because they often don't do even realized how hung UP they are.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 04:49 PM
A long time Mingleland poster I get a lot of mail but I think as a decent human being it is only fair to strait up tell someone early in that online dateing is going to be a far behind option to the real world date.

I have had a variety of responses to that information.

Some get hostile like they believe if you are on line that makes you locked into their demands for attention. Lol Whenever they get around to it; usually when they are three sheets to the wind. (Drunk)

Some could care less. If they think they meet my criteria and can compete they make their play.

If they are local, or can commute and want to stepping out of Mingleland males the cyber status moot.

My experience is most Men on Mingle are not that motivated to chase an online thing and it is just a pass time. Or a confidence builder that they carry over to the real world. You make some friends but the distance thing is too difficult and local dateing is easier.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 01:47 PM
I am clearly not a deceptive person so in dating situations if someone ask me a straight up question I will give them one of three answers a) the answer, b) ask why they want that information ( curiosity is not enough in most cases)or c) I am not going to share that private information ( and if that is something I would share later under given situations say that.

I understand people want basic facts to make their own decisions but if you are making life decisions every minute of a simple date you are sucking the life out of life. Ask questions and give information when there is a realistic need to know.

If full disclosure is just reciteing every possible reason you think someone might reject you then maybe you ate selling yourself and the person you date short.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 01:19 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Wed 04/19/17 01:26 PM
Wow I am sorry getting a single date does NOT justify me rolling up my sleeve and pouring out a pint of blood about my entire life or asking someone else's.

A date is suppose to be a pleasant exchange not an interrogation.

I get the concept that you might want some current information but that should come out in common conversation like how was your day. Expected interjections of facts.

Do I tell a casual date my credit report, a health update, my family business, or if I am dating someone else? No way. But then I don't hit the sheets for a date and I don't expect a gentleman to have to load up his credit card just to make a positive impression.

The full disclosure stuff comes into the picture when it goes from dating to courting. And give me a little credit for powers of observation and listening skills.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 01:16 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Wed 04/19/17 01:24 PM
Sorry double post.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 11:34 AM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Wed 04/19/17 11:35 AM
Love Triangle? That sounds like an oxymoron with the stress on moron for ALL involved.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 11:28 AM
I see it as a sure way to mess your life up in a big way.

If you really care about the other person you don't want to mess theirs up easier.

It's a stink that can stay on a career for Years.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 10:53 AM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Wed 04/19/17 11:08 AM
Guarantee you if
(A) He wants a singular mate
(B) It's You
(C) It's "now"
Then it is pretty much a forward only course. Man who really wants you will have you down the aisle in a year or less.

Now it is an (A)issue you need to write it off. Once a player always a player. You might curb him short-term if you are young, georgious, have serious play toys but your shelf life is limited.

I have seen a lot of times that (B)is not a given. Here is where you have to figure out if you are a substitute or have you made yourself a place marker until the "you" comes along with booty calls or other perks ( daycare, help financially or socially, making someone else jealous).

The other (B) issue when you pull a "drama mamma" stunt. Often that backs them up without completely scareingvthem off but they ate going to be nervous and could leave you holding the bag. You want yo be darn sure of is NOT a diaper bag. Another typical one is parading them around like a prize puppy or launching the wedding ship Titantic. Have to decide do you want a man or the trappings. And you want to avoid making them wonder if whatever you are is not more than he can handle. They see you wrapping Daddy around your finger like a spoiled Princess they don't want to be the Pauper to the King.

(C) These issues usually come up when you get the cart before the horse. If they are not clearly at "Now" then keep your knickers up, your options open, and the tears and stars out of your eyes. Sometimes seeing you move toward the exit will get them back in pursuit but when you stall or so will they.

You want a serious relationship then stop looking at the fun stiffs and see if they have their duckies in a row to actually be husband and Daddy material. Things like a real job, a home, transportation, legit friends not just party pals, and yea maybe a decent track record as a dad. If they are fudgeing on the budget to charm yo then you are getting a frog.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/18/17 08:04 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Tue 04/18/17 08:05 PM
Sorry double post

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/18/17 08:04 PM
It can be hard for people who are not wired to be abusers to even comprehend how people can be systematically abusive. It is very difficult for layer spouses to comprehend. Especiallybif they have not been abused themselves.

What is rarely acknowledged by the powers that be that women can be victimizers against their spouses or children and it goes on for years making g the victim feel hopeless that society will ever "get up to speed and actively protect or provide aftercare.

Because men are rarely seen as victims no matter how well documented. I have seen cases where fathers were sent to jail for the abuse of Mothers but rarely the other way around.

Making male victims shame and submission so deeply ingrain that they have a hard time not submitting even when they are no longer a direct victim of the original abuser but later are abused by the "system".

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/18/17 04:19 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Tue 04/18/17 04:20 PM
Sorry double post

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/18/17 04:19 PM

There are a lot of fake profiles

Sure but all you have to do is email back and forth and it becomes pretty obvious fast who is really fake or a scammer. The conversation won't flow
And the facts won't jive. The scammers never want to tell you Anything and just keep asking you to go off site. Sooner or latter they lways want money and or gifts. Usually some sob story and they profess to love you. Lol

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/18/17 03:54 PM

I'm starting to go crazy I don't know where to draw the line anymore. Should I just make sure nobody sees me too I mean having a picture up means someone could spot me in a crowd. I'm just saying what is the right amount of paranoia? I'm not going to lie I'm a guy I doubt I'm going to get gunned after as much as lady's but I can't fight drug induced acomas. I'm not saying I'm going to get rid of my paranoia but my rules are a little lax. Which will change from now on. This is driving me insane.

I would not be super concerned about someone seeing me from a public profile if you are smart enough to keep your name to yourself and do not say something that is out of line for a general audience.

The reason to email back and forth is to get an overviews of a person life style and interests or perceptions of things that most of us encounter over time. You don't have to tell specific facts and shouldn't until you meet in person.

That is when you start connecting the generalities with specifics. Either they match up or someone is a BSer and you walk away.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/18/17 02:34 PM
My experience any man who is demanding, pleading, or trying to manipulate you into going off site has little or no concern for my welfare or trying to respect my right to make choices that make me feel safe. Safe from very real and proven threats that have been documented over and over.

There is no reason for either gender to have have the hots to get off Mingle where you have free sophisticated filters to weed out scammers and low lifes. It is easy to message and access yours. You can post current for friends only photos and research safe public places to meet and greet in the real world. And that is true on an I international level. What is more useful is if you participate insny of the forums together or separately you get a much broader view of the person you are interested in.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/17/17 11:25 PM

can you bend a spoon with your mind winking

I am lucky if I can get my mind to remember where I put my car keys let alone bend a spoon..laugh

Hahahahaha
I feel so happy I not the only one.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/17/17 11:11 PM
Nope we are all robots and figments of your imagination posting in this
And other forums. noway

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/17/17 11:05 PM
It would be wonderful if all were considerate enough to post a minimum of a profile but this is a site driven by Users and evidently those who don't make even a minimal effort still get what they want.

I do know it is not just the women who have "empty" profiles.

Or read profiles much less comprehend the information there in.

And As far as just politely moving on? Can't say your peers are making that a universal (even common) event.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25