Community > Posts By > PacificStar48

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 10:52 AM
Ghez people PLEASE wise up about giving out phone numbers!!!

This is an Excellent way to get yourself robbed, hurt, or worse.

Just had another gentleman friend who came home to pick up something between business appointments to find his home gone through top to bottom and the police department is telling him that this probably part of a string of home inbasion

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/23/17 11:19 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Sun 04/23/17 11:31 PM
If they can't put on their big boy pants and actually tell you then don't bother worrying about it.

YOU just stop; let a whole lot of space get between you and them; until you find and adult that can communicate straight up with you.

IF this is a repeat scenario then YOU put YOUR Big Girl pants and figure out what ever it is that makes you so desperate to smother or at least run off a person who started out being interested in you. Or why your picker is broken.

What is tough is changing bad habits that maybe worked when you were a teen and talking constantly with BFF's. Men have jobs and stuff to do. And good men resent being stalked because some OTHER guy cheated or whatever. Eventually they will drop you like a rock or live down to your bad expectations an get better at making you think you know what he is doing.

Sounds harsh but sometimes being adult is.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/23/17 10:59 PM

Why do so many men give out their phone number in first email! That is a red flag to me! surprised block time!!!

Well being real MOST hope you will be dumb and call them immediately. The scammers hit the jackpot. The horn dogs will try their best to get free sex chat sooner or later. You can count on them calling you drunk probably several times on a before work night if they don't pass your number around just to prove they got it.

But. SOME men have figured out that the competition on line is fierce and some are hoping that by having their number you will check up on them if they chat a while and make a good impression.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/23/17 10:20 PM
Having a need for a wheelchair usually but not always is a bigger deal than a pair of reading glasses for potential dates to deal with.

And as unfair as it sometimes feels those are the cards you are playing with. My experience is you have a good cry over it, throw a shoe at the wall, whatever it takes to get over the loss of a few folks that are not going to get past it and move on.

You don't lie or hide your differences but focus your energy on being the best at what you are good at and by golly when you least expect some one is going to waltz/walk/or roll into your life and turn things around.

I will be honest enough to tell you it is highly unlikely that it is going to be through the computer and or at least will not be in the comfort of your own home maybe even neighborhood. You will have to show people that you are as willing to fit into their life as much as you probably wish they would just cookie cutter into yours.

I get what a big challenge that is but there are a lot of fun things and places,and groups that you can get in
Look up your Independent Living Center, AARP, Parks And Recreation Senior Centers, Library (literary club), Senior Gleaners food bank, Habitat Admin offices, to name only a few and I Guarantee you will be around peers that will barely notice you use a chair.
Best of Luck

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/23/17 05:01 PM

True it just feels like the longer you withhold information the more uninterested they become. But then again I've only gotten past the first two messages with only two people online. I guess I'm just not that interesting to talk to.

You just have the unfortunate condition of "too_young-itis". I watched my sons go through this painful stage of dateing life and I know it really stinks.

Your best bet is just jump into forums and be respectful, light hearted, and try not to whine. GENERALLY the folks in Mingleland will hopefully get to know you and include you. Believe it or not we don't eat out young if you try not to step on the play.

Remember JUST because someone older talks to you even just a couple years they probably DON'T have the hots for you so toss the fantasy garbage and be grateful you are at the grown up table.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/23/17 04:23 PM
Some interesting points.

Seems like context is often everything when you are exchanging information.

What might be sexy,funny. poignant,or serious in person is way different on line. It is weird once something on line people you don't even want to know are coming to conclusions about you .

How you can cut up with people in real world creates a totally different impression on line.

I find that is very true about personal disclosures. Even in the early dating process.

Example. I was very seriously visually impaired for a very long time. That is not something that is evident on line at all. Well not as much because spell check and Dragon Speaks kept upgrading and improved my typing . Clearly didn't show in photos.

And I have always been very adept at compensating and adapting; worked,traveled, married, raised a family, blah blah blah.

When I went out one first or sometimes several dates I would go with the flow and "the facts" were not obvious.

Did I once consider agreeing to drive my date Porch home when he wanted sober me to be his designated driver after playing grab *** with the waitress? Nope but I was tempted lol.

But there are some people who think if you can't count the stitches on their levi's that maybe there are other things they suddenly have to explain to you. Or do for you.

But if dating has to be this chronic educational process it ceases to be fun fast.

And if you just let things come to light if or when it is necessary then it is all good. A lot of times people like you and don't give a rats behind about things you are sure they are going to write you off for.

I have found people who have a hand full of red flags ready to throw down on the play of life together are too wounded to deal with. You never lnow what life is going to bring tomorrow.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/23/17 03:13 PM
Funzy

Cool solar, think I should try that here. I don't know how it computes out for discount versus investment but I know I am very glad the "Princess" that left me my place put a house style vanity roof attic fan. Because in this Sizzling Sacramento sun this place would be an oven without it.

I lucked out I got big discount coupon for Harbor Freight to get some bottle jacks cheapo. Yea !!!

So if you won't drink my Great Great Uncle's Jack Black what is a good Aussie whiskey dearheart?

You know my first grandson was nicked named after a baby roo before he made his Grand entrance.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/23/17 02:38 PM
There are a few but you have to really be patient and careful.
Good luck in your search.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/23/17 02:11 PM

This post seems like the usual BS that insecure people put out there to bash people who by more or less accident of birth have one physical attribute or another that they don't have or see as an unfair advantage.

Large or small breasts do not make or break a woman. As many a Cancer survivor will readily tell you.

Yes there are a few juveniles and yes a few men developmentally arrested men who make a lot of noise about how boobs is all that really matter as a factor of attraction. I assure you boobs might get a glance but if you have little else they are just so many ounces of flesh.

But I think even the real number of men focused on breasts are even smaller; but because it gets them a lot of attention to keep up blather about it, they repeat what works. Women who are the other side of the spectrum usually more in the middle (because people aspire to just be a little more) and that will inspire them to commiserate . As obnoxious as that is well that gives them the in they are looking for.

I think it is an overstatement to say misery loves company but it is particularly cruel that people have to stand on the throat of others and make them feel like a freak when they are just what they are.

I can assure you I have never used my breast size to get or keep anyone or anything. To do so would be prostitution in my view and that is clearly not limited to Those who have breasts of the ample variety.

PacificStar, thank you for your input. I apologize to everyone who had been offended by my post.

This rings a little hollow when if this post were about any other physical characteristic that was not female.

This is sexist, maybe even racist, rhetoric, and what makes it particularly offensive it is a woman who is repeating and repeating it like like it is somehow ok.

Why is it somehow ok to play it off as a joke when it is clearly unfunny to what is actually the greater, number of the women of the world.

How is it ok to promote the objectification of the one irrefutable female body part and so narrowly define that one size is somehow abnormal. Or any of the other offensive connotations that have been applied also.

It is small wonder there are more young women who are hiding their breasts, mutilating their breasts, or over exposing their breasts in defiance of this unwanted, unneeded, and and abusive attention.

And why by women who clearly do not need to run anyone down to get attention. Is it some need for validation? Sure you eould be deeply offended if negative things were attributed to being small breasted.

If you knew the number of young girls and women who are verbally harassed, physically molested, and even assaulted because of this kind of permissive attitude I would hope you woud be ashamed to be any part of it.

I notice a very tame even complimentary yet limited number insults about tall men. Who by the way find being selected only by their above average height just as offensive; especially when it is taken to the extreme.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/23/17 02:11 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Sun 04/23/17 02:20 PM
Maybe after eight pages a double post might be justified but I am highly disappointed that a site that usually would not support making fun of any group and usually treats women with greater respect really was rather meek on this one.

Thank you to those who had the grace to say that women are attractive for more than the size, or in this case, the lack of size of their breasts.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/23/17 10:19 AM
This post seems like the usual BS that insecure people put out there to bash people who by more or less accident of birth have one physical attribute or another that they don't have or see as an unfair advantage.

Large or small breasts do not make or break a woman. As many a Cancer survivor will readily tell you.

Yes there are a few juveniles and yes a few men developmentally arrested men who make a lot of noise about how boobs is all that really matter as a factor of attraction. I assure you boobs might get a glance but if you have little else they are just so many ounces of flesh.

But I think even the real number of men focused on breasts are even smaller; but because it gets them a lot of attention to keep up blather about it, they repeat what works. Women who are the other side of the spectrum usually more in the middle (because people aspire to just be a little more) and that will inspire them to commiserate . As obnoxious as that is well that gives them the in they are looking for.

I think it is an overstatement to say misery loves company but it is particularly cruel that people have to stand on the throat of others and make them feel like a freak when they are just what they are.

I can assure you I have never used my breast size to get or keep anyone or anything. To do so would be prostitution in my view and that is clearly not limited to Those who have breasts of the ample variety.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/22/17 02:39 PM
Motown
I heeded your warning about the wind and will wait for a calmer day. Today was a little blustery. I do have the heavy gloves and jacket to keep from ripping open my hands and ecetera. AND I AM VERY CAREFUL.

I did get over to the Depot and looked into the metal gizzmos to connect the lumber. They aren't cheap but I figure it will be more solid.

The floor guy showed me a premade concrete form to set down in the ground, level each with a chalk line and then set the 4x4 posts in too discouraged termite rot. Then run the pavers I have around the perimeter and lower the shed back down. He said he used tire jacks and just lifted and blocked the shed he redid rather than try to take it all apart.
Which sounds good to me. It is painted a couple times so every screw was going to be a bugger to get out. This way a a touch up paint job might sqweek me by. THANKFULLY I have the old army folding shovel and hand tools to work up under one corner at a time.

And he said if I brought the posts in they would cut them to length I need for fifty cent a cut. That beats the sore shoulder I was sure to have doing it by hand. But Thanks for reminding me my Dad and tight budgets drilled that "Measure twice Cut once" wisdom in but doesn't hurt to hear it again.

I am fortunate I do have a pretty good set of tools so I am not trying to fix something with bobbypins and a d tape. Lol

I sure appreciate all the tips and good humor. Makes the job easier. I get it done I will let you know. Maybe put a pic ony profile.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/22/17 01:55 PM
Funzy;
I had to look close to see if they put any hairs on that Aussie head of yours to see if she was even using your comb. I didn't see any sheeps wool or roo hair. Lol

Leave it to an Aussie to put a steel shed together with hammer and nails. Doesn't surprise me in the outback I suppose charging a battery pack socket wrench might be a challenge. (Giggles)

I looked at the project and I may favor the idea of the ten pound hammer solution. Price of recycled aluminum now days I could probably get a resin one and not have to paint it.

Thanks for the pizza idea that is the fastest way to get cheap labor around here if you speak a little Spanish.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/22/17 12:59 PM
Well you are amicable to instruction which is good.

I came back and reread your profile and factored in your age, and you might want to do a little more tuning up.

Starting a profile with Hey usually makes an adult woman start sniffing around for the the end result of hay. Try something a little more formal like Hello.

Unless you have duel or advanced degrees you really want to explain why you are pushing a decade as a student.

Might be the perfect time
to show a little gratitude for the family, entry-level employer, or scholarship program that got you through. Since massive student debt is intimidating if you worked your way through or busted yourself getting good grades a little low key brag is all good.

And hopefully you are not just planning to lay around on your degree you probably want to at least mention a career plan and a target
J-O-B.

And maybe even your living arrangements. 30 May not totally be "Failure to Launch" but if I were your age I would NOT even move in the direction of a guy who might just be looking for another girlfriend to move in on so he can play day and night. SORRY but college is still considered play in the real world.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/22/17 12:27 PM
I think dateing a coworker says a lot about your basic character.

It can say you are a risk taker, that classifications are just labels on people on the same overall team, and that people are more than the job they do.

But it can also say that rules have no reason or purpose to respect others, that what you want in the short term is way more important than the long term consequences, that is ok if you violate the system that provides for your employment and all the good things having a job brings everyone, and pretty much disregard for customs and common sense as long as it feels good in the ment.

I have seen far more relationships tank in the work place than ever succeed. They generally make not only the prinipals miserable and have to conduct themselves in habitually deceitful ways they corrupt everyone around them.

Whenever ever I have had to go in and fix an organization or it is a failing businesses it is usually because some kind of hanky panky is poisoning the pool.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/22/17 11:56 AM
Well first off it IS just sex just like if you are honest it is still boils down to if you want to eventually have sex with him. Morality is still important but be real if there isn't that little tingle in your panties it doesn't matter if he is smart,kind,honest, and has all the best boy scout/He Man attributes in the world. So pay attention. Do you want him and does he really want you. If he doesn't want you in a way that makes his hand shake and his teeth sweat you are just a live version of Mother Thumb and her four daughters. But if you light him up like a Christmas tree you should get a different vibe than the usual
Hound dog let me slobber on you. The point I am making is he should want just you bad and that is NOT a bad thing. You will need that basic chemistry in the short and the long run.

But if it is love not just possession or temporary throphy acqusition then he is making a spot for you in his
World; and fast. It might start out small but your comfort, your saftey, your feeling complimented takes on an urgency. A guy who wants to only get laid is unbuttoning his shirt while a guy who cares how you percieve him is tucking in his shirt tails and taking his hat off. If he has to walk home he shoos the rest of his posse off and stands so you have a chair.
And if he is worth his salt he respects you enough not to treat you even remotely like a common bar fly. He is Not trying to get you liqoured up he actually wants you to remember him. He will tell you his name, phone nber, and references so you know with you the slip and slide playing is not his agenda.

He will show he actually likes you. Yea he may stare and have your bra size figured out but he knows you right down to your shoe size and and your favorite color of lipstick and how you like your coffee. He cares if you are hungry and if it is cold as frost he will make sure you have a hat and coat if he has to give you his. You know a guy loves you when he cares more about if your car has gas in the tank than running the roads for everyone of his friends. And even if he knows beans about cars he will find out if the tires are good or your oil needs changed. NOT because he thinks you are helpless but because it is a way to make his actions speak louder than words.

Men who love you don't usually throw down those words casually in the beginning. For the good ones it is a sobering thought that may say publicly but it is not just to be a spectical it is so you and everyone else knows you hearing his commitment is the bottom line.

I would not be impressed by any guy who jumps up and puts a ring on it like you are a kitten from the pound and it is his license to play then stalls out when it comes to getting busy about knowing your family/friends getting the financial stuff on the table, and getting mutual life plans in sinct.

I think the whole test driving the car and playing house is cowardly. The guy who doesn't want to put all his chips on the table is just a guy who will be around only long enough for the new to wear off.

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 04/21/17 09:39 PM
Hey Funzy you voluteering? Lol

Didn't think so.

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 04/21/17 09:32 PM
Thanks Igor.
I will remember the sealant idea. And look for the bits you are talking about.

Hopefully because the individual walls are not that huge I was going to try taking apart things at the corner and the roofline will do it. Trying to lift off the roof might be a little tricky but hoping I can recruite my neighbors to lift it off and lay it in the neighbors yard without bending it up. (Maybe actually coat it while it is done on the ground. I am not big on ladders.)
She said I could because I do her yard work.

The wood supports I thought of using some of the leftover marine grade plywood I used to redo my deck.

My Dad used to use WD30 to get screws out but I think the fumes might do me in.

I am thinking if I can spiff up my place I might sell out since the older I get it is getting a bit much to keep up.

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 04/21/17 08:34 PM
I had my ears pierced as a teen because the clip~on earrings hurt.

Sorry I think any other piercings are ugly and generally a rebellion or someone identifying with a subculture.

No way I would kiss or other wise make intimate contact with someone who has a piercings after cleaning surgical equipment. Sorry nasty.

Not to mention if their "parts" are so insensitive to be able to tolerate having something run through it I don't know if I want to have them co~mingled with mine.

And after seeing my Grandmother weep over her Natzi number I had no desire for any kind of tattoo.

I thought about it more than a few times growing up that I wished my family would have tatted my name on me. I waited almost 20 years to hear my name but those are extreme circumstances.

When my sister's kid was snatched I thought about "chipping" my kids. But in a world where children in Viet Nam had their arms chopped off for vaccinations you know that some evil in the world can't be stopped.

Yes some tats and pierceings might be pretty when they start out they get really ugly when the body ages.

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 04/21/17 07:27 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Fri 04/21/17 07:39 PM

Sometimes our " danger radar" does kick off and we talk ourselves out of stuff or worse let someone else talk is out of it when our instincts were good.

It is like when some of the scammers come on to you and the hair ces up on the back of your neck that is your inner eye seeing something that you can't see with your eyes or hear with your ears.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25