Community > Posts By > The Wrong Alice

no photo
Tue 12/08/20 04:18 AM
Apparently you have certain 'rights' , these rights, are often governed, by 'Human Rights Laws'
However, there are instances, where these rights can be ignored, or infringed on.
This is often because of something called a Mental Capacity law. This law apparently deals with, being able to understand a thing said to you, being able to remember what has been said to you, and being able to communicate something to somebody about something
If you are deemed as not having sufficient mental capacity, then descions that you would otherwise be able to make for yourself, can be made for you. And you don't have to be told about it.
Is this okay?
Surely any information your required to give a descion on, could be made in writing, and given to you. And surely if you were deemed incapable of having mental capacity, this too could be made in writing, and given to you
However, it is not...scary huh
And these can be big descions regarding your health and any proposed treatments for your health. So in effect, you can be treated against your wishes, and not be prior or post informed, and, at least in theory, you may not even be aware of, when it is happening. And this ties a rather ugly little knot, as if your not aware of it, then surely your don't have mental capacity.

And with this in mind, do we even actually have any rights at all? When after all, this other law, totally trumps your right to have rights, or to even have the knowledge to know, that you don't have rights, whilst all the time, being deliberately misinformed that you do

Is this okay? Is this not okay?

no photo
Tue 12/08/20 02:42 AM
Edited by The Wrong Alice on Tue 12/08/20 02:46 AM
Well, hey, look, I'm sorry, but... I have to be a little picky. Firstly they're nearly all in alphabetical order by song, I'd do it the other way, but not all, take Rod Stewart in the R section for example, tsk tsk.
Secondly I have to take exception to some of the cover versions, black magic woman, I heard it through the grapevine, son of a preacherman. No Peter Green, no Marvin Gaye, no Dusty Springfield. Okay, okay, it's your playlist, but quite often people think black magic woman is a song by Santana, this makes me want to scream. I don't mind him, and it's not a bad version, but I find a lot of his stuff samey, and like, well now here's another 7 minute guitar solo, that sounds a lot like the other ones, with some congos and 1 of those shakey raspy things.

Also I'd like to add a White Denim song - Take it easy ( everlasting love ) ... admittedly it's not that old, but when I first heard it, I couldn't believe it was new, I could've sworn that it was an old song that I'd heard years ago, plus, well, it's just awesome

no photo
Tue 12/08/20 12:25 AM
There are 3 coffee / sandwich shops directly opposite the Parkinson building. That's the main building of Leeds University. The middle 1, there coffee is awesome, and a reasonable price when compared to other places

no photo
Tue 12/08/20 12:03 AM
Maybe some genius type boffin could reconstruct the diesel engine to run on something like... I don't know...peanuts.. a crazy idea..I know

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 11:57 PM
No, I dig that, but no
You speak of creativity and such. Well sometimes the best ideas come when you are not consciously seeking them out, and are not even conscious, let alone conscious of thinking.
I'm not saying to never think. As you relate the brain to exercise and such, sure it's good to exercise it, but it's also good to rest it, and not just by sleeping
I just think ( perhaps feel is a better choice of word ) that thinking can sometimes be a double edged sword, and can perhaps sometimes get in the way of instinct, and just a natural way of arriving at things. For instance, you could think, to try to write a song, and you may do so. Other times a song may pop into your head, when you were not consciously trying to write a song, and were perhaps not consciously doing anything. Much as you may listen to the ocean, without even necessarily realizing that you are doing so ( sort of ). Like your miles away, and a voice sort of creeps up from the depths of your being and says, what's that sound? I can hear something, and you reply, I don't know, but yes, now you mention it, I can hear something too ( or maybe even you say, yes, I know, beautiful isn't it ), and then perhaps a moment later you sort of realize, oh, it's the ocean. Perhaps using the words focus or perception maybe better terms for what I'm attempting to drive it. And thus it could be for writing a song, without even realizing that your writing a song. And if this is true, surely it can be applied to other things. And I posit this, as the possibility of some sort of parallel universe ( sure, it could be something else)
The other day, you said something like, you were floating around the universe, laughing at rocks. Maybe the rocks were laughing at you? Maybe you and the rocks, were laughing together. Maybe I should have another coffee. I genuinely feel the lady had a point btw , she's a really nice lady

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 11:34 PM
Well that is confusing, and surely cannot be correct.
Jesus is not Jewish, but is a jew which is surely short for Jewish.
And surely there was no bible until jesus came along, as there was no christianity
Yet there was Judaism, way before Jesus or Christianity, so presumably some sort of Jewish holy scripture
Besides that, you say Jesus was a Jew, presumably Joseph and Mary were Jews, Moses ( you call them the books of Moses) was a Jew, Moses took the Jews to freedom. The text I believe was originally written in a Jewish language.
There's usually some mention of Solomn somewhere along the line, whome I believe was a Jewish King. Many of the churches in England, have a seal of Solomon or star of David on the clock, which is on the tower. Many of the people who go to church, also go to a recreation of the Temple of Solomon.
Now I'm not Albert Einstein, but I'm sensing a common thread

Thus I try to keep an open mind, and not just rely on an old book from 1 branch of religion, that generally it's followers cannot even agree amongst themselves.

Sure Jesus had a big influence on a lot of people. But there were many more people and parts of the world, that he didn't have an influence on. The Americas, the 2 Poles, Acrica, Australia, and much of Asia ( I.e. Iran, Iraq, India, China, Thaliand and so on ). So really what did he have an influence on, a bit of Asia and Europe, hardly the whole world

As to what happens to the dead, I don't know. But maybe there is the possibility of more than 1 outcome

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 10:53 AM
Paul Weller was the singer from The Jam, who wrote most of if not all of their songs I think

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 09:34 AM
But I thought the bible was just parts of the Torah.
Which is confusing, as they don't believe in the resurrection

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 03:04 AM
****., I didn't see the love of your life bit, I read it as your life. Please scratch the above choices

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 01:36 AM
Edited by The Wrong Alice on Mon 12/07/20 01:37 AM
And Doves. Also Eagles I suppose, and Ravens
They seem to crop up repeatedly in folklore, 'culture' and religion, particularly Cockerels and Peacocks I'd say

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 01:16 AM
Edited by The Wrong Alice on Mon 12/07/20 01:27 AM
Then please might I suggest Big Weekend by Tom Petty, a good song and rather apt me thinks, also, please put an Edwin Starr song on there, and not war, sure it's good, but something to click your fingers to, perhaps Agent double 0 soul.
Peacock suit - Paul Weller

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 01:10 AM
Ditto - be careful what you say - the ears have walls - and ways of making you silent

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 01:08 AM
Off the top of my head... White rabbit - Jefferson Airplane or maybe foxy folk faced - Ocean colour scene or maybe Desolation row - Bob Dylan. I dunno, I could probably think for hours about that and write a large list

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 01:02 AM
Goldfrapp - Ooh la la

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 12:58 AM
Well the church of England is protestant, and they sure don't mention a bloodline, and they do say that Mary was a virgin
So, Jesus was Jewish, I believe that's a different religion. They don't believe in the Resurrection, and neither do I, and surely if the bible was written in a Jewish language they would have a better understanding of it, and that would leave no room for the constant arguments regarding mistranslation

no photo
Sun 12/06/20 08:53 AM
Don't like these types of films much anymore. But here's some I did enjoy in the past though. But you'll need subtitles for all of them

Old boy - the original Korean film, not the rubbish remake

Battle Royale and sequel - Japanese film that the hunger games rips off

Zatoichi - again, Japanese. There's a few of these films that are quite old. But I've only seen the 2003 version, which I believe is a remake of 1 of the old ones

no photo
Sun 12/06/20 08:24 AM
So, a woman who had not had sex, and was thus a virgin, got pregnant and had a baby, even though she had not had sex
Right. No, I don't believe that

no photo
Sun 12/06/20 03:28 AM
Edited by The Wrong Alice on Sun 12/06/20 03:29 AM
Somebody told me 35, they also told me cyclones in Madras
Not sure, but it sure is hot

no photo
Sat 12/05/20 10:29 PM
Not here bro, that's for sure, try going out or some camgirl or something

no photo
Sat 12/05/20 09:01 PM
Testosterone is lower than it used to be apparently.
1 reason we're generally more lazy and have a poorer diet, and our brain sort of switches to submissive mode when we're in front of a screen
Another reason, the female contraceptive pill. They pee it out, that seeps into the water system and over time builds up, and we drink it, even if it has been recycled

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25