Sun 12/20/20 08:10 AM
https://youtu.be/De8SKJTVReQ

:point_up: 10 minutes entitled ' a quiet night on the roundhay wing '

That's the first nuthouse I was ever in

no photo
Sun 12/20/20 08:05 AM
Erm, an accurate 1, that is easy to understand
That doesn't need a textbook and a dictionary and a headache to understand
If you don't understand how a car works, and I'm a second hand car salesman, I could use all manor of jargon that you wouldn't understand, in an effort to bamboozle you to buy a lemon
Where as a pal, could put it, in easy terms to understand
So, lay off the jargon in an effort to bamboozle
Savvy
Most unqualified nurses are experts at doing this, it's only the qualified ones that seek to employ legalese, and dumb you down with their qualifications

no photo
Sat 12/19/20 09:16 AM
Surely word games could come under their own heading, and not be used as a means to make posts mods don't like dissapear down the cracks of the mingle pavement
Does counting to 1 million count as a game
If a game has hundreds of posts on it, am I really expected to trawl back through all of these posts to see if my answer, is a new answer
Surely there are apps for this sort of tosh

no photo
Sat 12/19/20 04:35 AM
Schalke

no photo
Fri 12/18/20 10:34 AM
Thank you for your input
The question still stands

no photo
Fri 12/18/20 08:52 AM
Bodybuilders are nuts. They have terrible bones, bad hearts, and no stamina.
I don't know what percent fat I was at 9 or 9 and a half stone, but it must surely have been zero, there was just none, anywhere.
And yeah, you might be right mate, thing is, these things really mess up your metabolism, when your metabolism is messed up, you really don't feel like doing much, anything is way more effort. Which kind of begs the question, why do they do it? They do it on purpose, they aim to do it, they're pleased that they've done it. And getting information out of them is like trying to get blood from a stone. So the whole thing just becomes circular and creates a vicious cycle.
Anyway, back to the question at hand, in simple layman's terms please, not some form of double Dutch legalese designed to make you sound far more smart than you actually are whilst sending people to sleep.
Deduction, 2 hypothese
1) it's a secret, so, they won't tell you, they'll just try to baffle you with bull$hit.
2) they don't know, but, that's a secret, so instead, they'll just try to baffle you with bull$hit

no photo
Fri 12/18/20 02:05 AM
Edited by The Wrong Alice on Fri 12/18/20 02:06 AM
The pituitary gland right
Wasn't it the Greeks who figured if you could control that, then you could control a person
Psych - soul
Hormones - Hormoa - I excite
Pituitary gland - hypophysis- lying under
Hypothalamus- under chamber

Oh I'm sure there's more. Like I said, they love the fuc$ing greeks. What with their bull$hit oath and what not. No, they don't expect you to have heard of such things as the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland when they try to bamboozle you with a few explanations, your supposed to be amazed and not horrified by there technical genius and wisdom. In fact my own mother used to say to me, oh, you are clever, all of this would be so much easier if you weren't ( while she sighed, and was pi$$ed off, and was like she was admonishing me for something that apparently before was a good thing, and now wasn't)
Is this why they lie. I lye in bed. I don't understand , I'm not excited, and they seek to destroy my soul because presumably they don't have 1
I wonder what sybil has to say about all of this, but then again she probably works in management and stays hidden

no photo
Fri 12/18/20 01:38 AM
I don't know what difference that would make
I often think of how much time I've wasted, and am conscious of how much time I'm wasting
I spend too much time looking forward and backwards and not enough time in the moment, I'm conscious of that too. It's not really helpful, as there is nothing to be in the moment for. It's like being in an airport or a cell, so in those moments, you pretty much do anything you can, just to kill time. It makes me angry, upset, bitter and frustrated. And I then seek to portion out blame, figuring if I can understand what caused this, then I'm in a better position to remedy it. In short, I'm well ****ed. off about it. I consider it to be barbarous and cruel, and a waste of life, but no matter how much I think about it, or who I blame ( including myself), I just don't really make any progress

no photo
Thu 12/17/20 06:05 PM
Pass the blunt dude
And try some rawa fry fish, it's banging

no photo
Thu 12/17/20 02:48 PM
Cunning...ouch, cute I would've desired, in the mental sense, and in the physical sense if it was a nice lady saying it
No, they all have access to everything, and dig this, I don't have access to it. Part of 'the data protection act' I believe
Thank you for your input

no photo
Thu 12/17/20 01:51 PM
Edited by The Wrong Alice on Thu 12/17/20 01:51 PM
Do you realize that if you look up the etymology of the word poontang , you can get 1 of those voice recordings on wikipedia that tells you how to pronounce it. But it's in a sort of 1950's British information film sort of accent
Ahh, simple things please simple minds
I now want to make a sort of house / techno / jungle song using it as a sample

What's that you said Dr Watson... Poontang?
Dead ahead sir
Spiffing, top Mark's Watson...ssssnnnniiiffff ( that's his Charlie habit by the way )

no photo
Thu 12/17/20 01:33 PM
Ooooohhhh Tom
Firstly, that doesn't really answer the question

Secondly, and, as a more direct response to you, you seem to be labouring under the illusion that I can pick and dismiss a doctor or drug when and if I should please or deem it neccessary.
I assure you sir, I have neither option
With the greatest of respect, I would hope that you think, that I have at least a little intelligence and fortitude.
I tried sir
In the words of Randall Mcmurphy
I tried god damn it, at least I did that

no photo
Thu 12/17/20 01:11 PM
Jesus:scream:
Who knew
Was it the brown chicken from the Grimm Brothers story?

no photo
Thu 12/17/20 12:56 PM
Edited by The Wrong Alice on Thu 12/17/20 01:04 PM
Oh, I did find out a bit of information, but not much, so I'm slightly wiser, but not much, I'll try explain
This might explain it a bit for anti depressants, at least for Mirtazipine ( also known as remeron apparently, sounds like a villain from flash Gordon or something to me )
You know how they're forever banging on about serotonin and dopamine, and chemically imbalanced, blah blah
Well, according to t' internet , there are 15 serotonin receptor sites in your body
These are classified in 3 different groups
These 3 groups come under exciting titles as
5HT1
5HT2
And yes, if you haven't fallen asleep or slit your wrists, then you've guessed it..
5HT3

Now, it's this last 1, that I'd like to draw your attention to children,it's 1 of the 1s that our friend flash Gordon's nemesis ( in a muddle? Thank you paul weller) affects
I shall cut and paste a couple of juicy titbits from said t'interweb thingy mejig ( it's very high tech you know, no wires...look, or mirrors)

5-HT3 receptors also regulate gut motility, secretion, and peristalsis in the enteric nervous system and are involved in information transfer in the gastrointestinal tract (7). Serotonin was identified in the 1940s as a potent vasocon- strictor present in blood serum (8).Oct 4, 2012

As might be expected due to their role in emesis, 5-HT3 receptors are involved in information transfer in the gastrointestinal tract, and in the enteric nervous system they regulate gut motility and peristalsis [23].

Emesis means vomiting ( damn these Greeks and these bloody doctors obsession with them, why couldn't they just say spewing up like everybody else, it's a form of legalese you know, don't get me started) sounds like nemesis don't it?

The enteric nervous system or intrinsic nervous system is one of the main divisions of the autonomic nervous system and consists of a mesh-like system of neurons that governs the function of the gastrointestinal

Peristalsis, involuntary movements of the longitudinal and circular muscles, primarily in the digestive tract but occasionally in other hollow tubes of the body, that occur in progressive wavelike contractions. Peristaltic waves occur in the esophagus, stomach, and intestines.( somebody is full of $hit huh, feeling better sir? Fuc$ off)

Motility is the ability of an organism to move independently, using metabolic energy.

Now I had to look those 4 things up:point_up:, perhaps you didn't have to. Now please, correct me if I'm wrong. I ain't no rocket scientist but I like to think that I'm reasonably smart, and as a Yorkshire man I'm pithy ( hear that bastardo doctors, pithy) , so I'd say, that in my most humble, scientific and expert opinion, and all that jazz..
That it....
Wait ( no pun intended) for it...
Drum roll please....

Affects your bleeding stomach, guts, metabolism call it what you will

And if it does that...
Then...
That might explain...

Zzzzz, I fell asleep...sorry

no photo
Thu 12/17/20 11:46 AM
I've got attack of the clones on
You know, your bored, you've got some bullsh1t on the tv even though you don't really want to watch it, and your trying unsuccessfully to find something interesting on your phone

Well there was that scene where he's taking emergency powers, and promises to give all the powers back, once the situation is resolved

Well, it struck me...no, not that he's a baddie ( although the first time I saw the scene that did strike me, I told somebody and there rather sarcastic reply was, 'do you think' , upon my grilling, they claimed rather unconvincingly that 'they didn't know') that, fuc₹ me, it's Trump, or and Boris, or basically anyone of these twa₹s that's well, you know...took emergency powers etc..etc..

no photo
Thu 12/17/20 11:24 AM
Thanks delightful, I read that myself. In my experience it's more like 110% of people not 55%, and it doesn't really account for a huge weight gain. And the words 'a side effect that appears to be caused' , doesn't sound particularly convincing to me.
You would have thought these doctors would know why they caused weight gain, wouldn't you?
And if they didn't know, you'd think that they'd want to know, wouldn't you?
And is it just me, or is it a bit weird that they were pleased by this weight gain?
Sounds a bit occult don't it?

Scribble scribble, they go on their clipboards if I said that occult bit

no photo
Thu 12/17/20 11:01 AM
Please allow me to give an example, I do weight in stones, I guess it's a british thing, so I'll try to convert it to kilos and pounds too

There is a saying, that is, he's a 10 stone weakling. For a long time, I weighed less than 10 stone, so thought, crumbs, I don't even weigh 10 stone. When I was first nutted off ( locked in a mental institution) I put on a considerable amount of weight, in a very short period of time. I don't remember the exact period I was there around 6 months, and the major weight gain happened in 2 or 3 of those months.

Starting weight, 9 or 9 and a half stones
That's around 57 to 60 kilograms
Or 126 to 133 pounds

Finishing weight 14 and a half stones
That's around 92 kilograms
Or 203 pounds

That is a significant weight gain, in a very short period of time.

Again, I appreciate people's input, and some does have validity.
But I feel that it ignores an underlying mechanism that would cause such a large weight gain.

After being put on different meds,
I went to 12.5 stone
That's around 79 kilos
Or 175 pounds

Apparently, the doctors were happy with this
I myself, was not

no photo
Thu 12/17/20 10:03 AM
Edited by The Wrong Alice on Thu 12/17/20 10:06 AM
Again, I appreciate the response, but again, I feel the answer is not valid
In my experience the weight gain comes before the lethargy. Thus I feel the lethargy is a consequence of the weight gain (or more accurately, why the weight is gained ), and not the other way around

The question is

Why do Psychiatric drugs make you put on weight ( please don't just say it's a side effect or ask your doctor )

no photo
Thu 12/17/20 08:19 AM
Stick your money up your ar$e

No, I don't want a free iPhone and iPad every 2 years

Please, put some clothes on

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25