Community > Posts By > nickistaken

no photo
Tue 04/23/19 06:33 PM
Well now you have me worried and I think I am keeping 9 year olds AWAY from my camels!!! (I didn't know they were loaded)

no photo
Tue 04/23/19 03:11 PM
Mike Mike Mike!!! What day is it...?

no photo
Sat 04/20/19 08:20 AM
The entire internet probably read my reply and realized there was nothing else to be said!

no photo
Sat 04/20/19 07:51 AM
If you have to ask, you should probably stay away from it.

no photo
Fri 04/19/19 06:13 PM
Well, guys aren't always good judges of other guys. I don't even bother with a pic. Some men play hard to get. I play hard to want.

no photo
Fri 04/19/19 05:06 AM
"I drink and I know things."

no photo
Thu 04/18/19 07:24 PM
In the brief discussion after the show, Jaime spoke in a way that seemed to make it sound like he realized that his character might need to silence Bran (or something to that effect) but I don't think so. I think Bran will tell him that if that event had not happened, he would not have become what he is today. Maybe they will make peace. Maybe Jaime will offer to push him around for the rest of his life to make up for what he did. He could become Bran's "right hand man."

no photo
Tue 04/16/19 09:37 AM
Yeah, after a year away it seemed like they did some exposition with not a lot of action. (Well, Ser Bronn got some action, I guess!) So not a lot of stuff there other than laying things out for the rest of the season.

I also thought each episode was going to be longer. I was a bit disappointed that we only got an hour.

Not so sure of the Sam deal. His dad was easy to hate, and one would think that Sam would surely hate him more than just a casual watcher of the show. Not sure why he would have feelings for the guy, but it did make more sense that he had feelings for his brother.

I can wait a few days to see what they bring next, things will pick up, that's for SURE!

no photo
Tue 04/16/19 09:28 AM
I got a laugh from "I wonder how this is in the US as your healthcare isn't that good?" Tell the rest of the world. They still keep coming here for care!

no photo
Sun 04/14/19 03:17 PM
Any chance you noticed a pattern in the conversation before the conversation was deleted?

no photo
Wed 04/10/19 04:20 AM
Edited by nickistaken on Wed 04/10/19 04:26 AM
Hey, my friend went to Mexico and learned how to make salsa from her boyfriend's grandmother. (Shack, no electricity)

People tell you not to cook tomatoes in cast iron. But that's all grandma had. She had cast iron, so she blackened the tomatoes in it. (The tomatoes don't stay there long enough for anything bad to happen, but if you don't believe it, don't do the recipe.)

Anyway, one basic tomato salsa goes like this:

Blacken a couple of tomatoes, an onion, a couple of jalapeno peppers (or cayenne) and a couple of garlic cloves in a cast iron pan (You could possibly do it in a broiler or on the outdoor grill.) After the outside (skin) has blackened, put all of that in a blender and blend it up. (Grandma chops by hand.) The mix can be liquefied smooth or left with texture to it, but however you like it, pour it over chopped fresh chopped fresh tomatoes and some more chopped fresh onions. Throw in some cilantro and blend it up with a spoon.

You don't have to measure anything, you'll figure out the taste. After I started making this, I noticed some authentic jars of salsa (at the store) or in the table bowls at restaurants, that they had small black flecks in the salsa, so I know others are already doing something like this.

no photo
Sun 04/07/19 05:24 PM
Do they allow jokes like that? Pretty funny.

Surely *SOMEONE* out there is offended...

no photo
Mon 02/25/19 07:33 AM
It wasn't directed at you anyway. If you have an inflated sense of self importance, perhaps you assume everything is about you.

no photo
Mon 02/25/19 06:07 AM

Post about REAL fear tactics and the "1984" mentality of people and your post will disappear! There must be a snowflake filter on the comments.

Is this a contribution of some sort?

Could you make the point a bit more relevant?

If you didn't get it, then I made my point

no photo
Mon 02/25/19 06:05 AM

' So I hear you were trying for a date last night'
Yeah
How'd it go?
Oh, not so great
Why, what happened
Well I didn't get 1, and instead ended up talking about Donald Trump all night
Sounds great lol
Groan
Are you going back
Probably
Why? Have you gone mad?
Possibly

THAT was a date? LOL!!
Do you have your puddy hat?
We have to go scream at the sky.
Yes, are we leaving the ISIS uniforms at home?
What if we see a red hat, we will have to chase them in regular clothes.
I'll go pet my therapy dog, then we can leave.
I'm so glad we are normal!

no photo
Sun 02/24/19 07:18 PM
One side uses the old "your extremists are utterly contemptible, but mine have some good ideas." Pretty sad when it comes to that, but it sure has, hasn't it?

If George Orwell was alive today, he would say "Hey, it's REALLY dark in here!!"

no photo
Sun 02/24/19 11:08 AM
Edited by nickistaken on Sun 02/24/19 11:09 AM
The best thing one can do is to not be herded by the media, but look how many lemmings they rule. I don't worry about those hounded by the media. Those types are under control. I'd rather try to get the attention of the cult, as hard as that is...

Oh, and if you can excuse those trying to incite racial hatred, you ARE the problem.

no photo
Sun 02/24/19 10:25 AM
Yes, if you hate the right people, you are a hero. Look at Jussie Smollett. He is a disgusting piece of human debris who attempted to stir up the worst hate and anger, but he is on the "correct" side, so no matter how disgusting he is, people will find him "complex and layered." Those who excuse him also have one dimensional views of those on the opposite side, and stereotype and hate them. They even think that their extreme views are mainstream, so they form ugly mobs to chase these people out of malls and restaurants.

There isn't anything "complex" if you are one of those many people triggered by a hat...

no photo
Fri 02/22/19 06:57 AM
Edited by nickistaken on Fri 02/22/19 06:59 AM
I tried reading it with the word "celebrity" instead of "celibacy" but it still didn't make any more sense.

There was also "about American" which MAYBE was supposed to be "about America" but when you have to translate that much, but sometimes one is better off not even trying to translate.

no photo
Tue 02/19/19 07:54 AM
It's apparent that "some people" need to read some Orwell. (Cue the predictable response)