Tommo's photo
Mon 03/19/12 11:39 AM
In a word - no

Tommo's photo
Sat 09/24/11 11:48 AM
So true :p

Tommo's photo
Mon 08/29/11 04:24 AM

I dont understand how you can have two people in a relationship and when the Female gets things (money, food etc.) she shares with her mate but when a Male gets his things he makes a promise to do something and goes the other way. what wouyld you think if you were the Female or the Male in this situation?

I think you might want rephrase the question because your situation is not necessarily typical of every female and every male

Tommo's photo
Mon 08/22/11 10:45 AM
Aww it had your eyes cuchi cuchi cuchi coo

Tommo's photo
Thu 08/18/11 11:14 AM
The police have granted him permission to fast for 2 weeks in that park. He will be allowed to leave prison for this duation

Tommo's photo
Wed 08/17/11 11:43 AM

Here in India we are experiencing an exotic & a nation wide movement against corruption.

A single simple man has started this movement & it has become our national movement.

I'm eager to know how many foreigners are aware of this man,movement & what are your views about this all.

(I'm not mentioning his name purposely)

Pl. let me know ....

I am HE

Tommo's photo
Wed 08/17/11 04:20 AM
I know a couple of women who are on dating sites, so i have it on good information as to what could be deemed to be their (women's) approach (presumably the same for most men too by the way). There is definitely the element of saying what they want cut the reality of it is that you have to have a stand out picture to even grab their attention. Amittedly i for instance don't, saying that i don't feel i am very photogenic.

Saying that usually the woman in question will have a picture up which was selected from millions of others and i know from experience when you meet them its a case of oh it was taken a "few years back" when they see the suspicious look on ones face. What i am getting at is that photos are obviously not an accurate reflection of most people yet it is from those same photos that the initial judgement is made. Some people look amazing on a picture but in real life they look very different for better or worse. Likewise some people just don't look good on a picture but in real life look rather amazing.

To answer the headline question, i guess people ARE shallow in how they arrive at their conclusion as to sim is worth talking to and who not. But at the same time if that is the case then you might just want to look on the bright side of that for obvious reasons.

Clothes don't make the man! One good picture of a woman doesn't turn her over night into a super model either. The real proof is in the pudding you eat as it were. But like the other guy said, its about getting through these somewhat primitive barriers. If i can maybe suggest something (for what its worth), maybe concentrate on women that do want to talk than get hung up on those that don't. People who are shallow have their own crosses to bear and i would say leave them to it

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 01:20 PM

I dunno, maybe... Lay it out and we'll look.

bigsmile

Or do this a different way.. You try to rip it to pieces and see if you can :wink:

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 01:05 PM

Does it make sense to say that the first example does not mean that it is likely that it is about to rain?

It could just mean that the sun won't be coming out to play for a while.

Meaning is subjective to what the path of thought is at the time

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 12:56 PM

Just for the record... jeez, I sound like a broken one... laugh

The formal jargon was introduced by Abra into a simple conversation. If we are to converse using a formal register, we ought use it right. The formal register is not necessary, however is it is being used, it is necessary to get it right. I am content keeping it more simple. Truth is simple. When the conversation gets into personal belief about truth, especially when they're confused with each other, distinctions need drawn and maintained.

When we believe something is true we call it true. When we believe something is false, we call it false, not true. A true thought/belief/claim corresponds to fact/reality. A false one does not.

Simple.

Would you not just say that truth is circumstantial (taking into account all the variables)?

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 12:34 PM

I was married for 8 yrs and been single for 2 now.

(Got divorce because my ex was cheating.)

I find it easy to get dates but can't seem to commit to a LTR Its always in the back of my mind that they will cheat.

So how do someone get over it?

You have been stung, its normal you will hesitate. Just give yourself time to deal with the thoughts and emotions inside. Just keep getting back on the horse (as it were)

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 12:25 PM
What is the modern day definition of nice guy?

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 12:15 PM
Many philosophers of science have claimed that evolutionary is a ‘merely explanatory’ science, rather than a predictive science

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 12:11 PM
Watch out behind you!

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 11:52 AM

I live in south africand am willing to relocate anywhere inthe world. Im looking for a kind gentle smart compasionate loving supportive husband that might consider to have children with me within the next four years.

I like your directness in a way, it does cut the crap and is straight to the point...

But its a bit black and white if you know what I mean and from what I know, nothing is ever really black and white. Might it not be better to look people up and get to know them a bit? Then see who you have that certain "je ne sais qua" with?

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 11:32 AM
Present

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 11:30 AM
got to get me one of those toilet seats

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 11:09 AM
Something that has recently been happening in the UK.. Kids (yeah kids) have been rioting in the streets of London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol... People being terrorised and intimidated, shops being plundered, homes broken in to and wrecked (one woman even had her 1YO baby taken from her arms in her own home and then somehow miraculously it got return unharmed an hour later), cars torched...

It is said that the majority of the people taking part in these riots are under 18 (then the most of them are around 15-16 years old.

They are protected by law and you can't touch them. Is this a case of under age people having more rights as criminals than those who are affected?

I am interested in your views. Can you punish them? Is it a case of misguided youth? Parents fault? Gouvernments fault for not giving kids enough to channel their energy into?

Tommo's photo
Tue 08/09/11 10:55 AM
Amen

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25