Community > Posts By > josie68

josie68's photo
Mon 10/21/13 03:43 AM
Hmmmm came to mingle a few years ago, have made some fantastic friends, met some great people, found a wonderful man and lived happily ever after.
How's That:wink:

josie68's photo
Mon 10/21/13 03:35 AM
I guess as with every tattoo it depends what it is as to whether I like it or not. A bit like reading a book, some you like some you don't

josie68's photo
Mon 10/21/13 03:32 AM

oh good grief

ok then,,, lets pick a different profession,,,

is the court reporter making 50000 per year necessarily working any harder or more deserving than the teacher making 27000?

no,,, the point is,, people are blessed by the value SOCIETY places on them based upon their station or title or geographic location,,,etc,,,

things that are often tied to more than whether one has worked 'hard' or if they have 'merit'

No. Freedom doesn't work that way. Court reporting is a specialized skill that commands high pay if done well. You don't get hired at all if you do it poorly. School teaching is a lower risk job that can be done well or not so well without losing your job.

Freedom allows you to choose the higher risk, higher skill job for more (or maybe no) money.

Freedom allows each of us to take risks for financial gain.

What you are arguing for is communism... as usual.

and that's how YOU value those professions,,, court reporting is a skill that requires ONE thing,, the ability to type

working with children requires child psychology as well as skills in a number of educational areas and the long term affects on society of that job being done well are PRICELESS

some choose to make a big difference by being teachers, what you are saying is they should be less valued because they allegedly cant be fired

what IM arguing is 'value' not being dictated by 'finance' ,,,, as usual,,,

It seems to never occur to fools that merit and good fortune are closely united.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Perhaps it's that some people see themselves as not being worth as much as someone else.

I have little education, I don't own a house car or anything else.
But I cannot see that I am not worth as much as anyone else.
Nobody puts me down, I see myself as worth heaps, so what does it matter.
I have raised 6 KIDS ON MY OWN, LOVE LIFE. HAVE A WONDERFUL FAMILY , SO I AM SELF MADE, NOBODY ELSE MADE ME I DID.
NOBODY CAN PULL ME DOWN EXCEPT ME.

Your value is only determined by yourself.
If you feel you are worth less because you do not receive the recognition or money that someone else does, then that is your self made problem. not someone elses.

josie68's photo
Mon 10/21/13 03:23 AM
Who knows,
I am me, because I have made my own choices and choosen to be who I want to be.
but I am also a product of a happy childhood.
An abusive marriage.
having 6 wonderfully mad children.
and not giving a rats behind about what anyone thinks of me or what I do.

so I am self made but also not.:wink:

josie68's photo
Mon 10/21/13 03:12 AM
I have 4 teenage boys and they have seen lots of things, but they are teenage boys. I don't know what is normal there but it isn't that big a deal where I am.
My 13 year old son was given a little metal safe and a number to ring to get free condoms from his school.
Not sure how much sex education is taught there but here the kids are taught pretty early.
None of my kids are shy so talking about sex or discussing what they see is not a problem, sex is pretty normal so is nakedness.
I guess it all depends how you look at it.

josie68's photo
Mon 10/21/13 03:03 AM

My Dad always told me that boys only have one thing on their mind, and it is nothing good. I was not allowed to date until I was 18 because my parents were very strict. Then we I did date someone, they had to meet my parents and then my brother always took them for a little ride and gave them his set of rules.
NO WONDER I NEVER HAD A CHANCE!! grumble

My brother would always say, you pop my sister and I will pop you. The guys were afraid of my brother so they would never date me. blushing blushing blushing

Story of my life! Except that I have three older brothersbigsmile and they don't play...

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
My daughter is 16, she has 4 brother who are huge and a brother in law in the army, NOBODY gets through them to her. They are like guard dogs.
But at the same time she loves her borhters but would like to kill them at times.
A little protection doesn't hurt.

josie68's photo
Mon 10/21/13 02:58 AM

Why does bullying make African kids stronger but kills the American kids?

Interesting, what is your analogy?
I've never done the comparison.
Give an example if you will, uche9aa.
They have passed and signed child right bill into law here but none pays it any attention.We simply dont want kids here to be morally bankrupt like the west.We grow strong by bullying and succeed when faced with hardship in life

Seriously,
If anyone bullied my kids I would give them a good kick up the rear end. Bullies are just not nice.
I have 6 children and the only time I have ever been called up to the school is when my sons stopped a boy who was bullying others by punching him and knocking him out.
Is this acceptable no , kids don't have to be bullied to be strong. my 4 boys are big, strong and great young men, but they would never bully someone else and they wouldn't stand there and watch someone be bullied.
I don't know if I live in the west, but my children are not Morally bankrupt, they are fine young men and women who stand up for whats right, and it's not bullying. { Just my opinion}

josie68's photo
Mon 10/21/13 02:53 AM
I don't think bullying makes anyone stronger.
Everyone handles things differently in every country and every culture.

josie68's photo
Mon 10/21/13 02:27 AM
My kids and their friends, Their randomness and fun always make me happy

josie68's photo
Thu 09/12/13 01:33 AM
Personally I don't have a problem as long as the person is nice. My daughter dates an African /American boy and my Son is engaged to an Aussie girl, have to say that the Aussie girl is not on top of my list as she is not very nice.
But saying that, I know there are a lot of people here in Australia who would have a problem with it if it was their son or daughter.
Some things don't change even though people say they have.

josie68's photo
Thu 09/12/13 01:26 AM
It all depends, every relationship is different as is each person, but usually it's the children who get mucked around the most.

josie68's photo
Wed 09/11/13 12:38 AM
I just enjoy what I have,
don't worry about what I don't have.
Laugh at most things and am amused by everything

josie68's photo
Wed 09/11/13 12:36 AM
I have no idea, but I think it's pretty normal to always see something wrong with your own photo, I guess it's because we have a way we want to look and a way we do look.
That's why I hate my mirror. :wink:

josie68's photo
Wed 09/11/13 12:35 AM
Hmmmmmmmm hopefully not until I die

josie68's photo
Sat 08/24/13 04:29 AM
Edited by josie68 on Sat 08/24/13 04:35 AM
Everyone is different. I have 6 children and will not raise my voice in public, I rarely do in my own home, I don't see a need, it's just as easy to walk away somewhere quiet and speak to them.I would hate it if someone raised their voice to me in public or alone, there is no need, i'm not deaf. I don't believe in humiliating them or myself.

But not everyone agree with how I raise my children, we are all different.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
But I do have to say that my children are all wonderful..
Not that I am biased at all.

josie68's photo
Sat 08/24/13 04:20 AM
He's still a man and any colour can reject you, so you have nothing to lose, my 15 year old daughter has an African American boyfriend and the only thing we notice is his accent, but since we are Australian any American accent is cool. so stop worrying and give it a go. :wink:

josie68's photo
Sat 08/24/13 04:10 AM
:wink: How many of us ended up here because a short distance relationship didn't work. yep I think long distance is fine, close would be better, but if you BOTH put the effort into anything it will work

josie68's photo
Fri 08/02/13 01:45 AM
I wasn't really looking to date, just to have people to talk to that I could say how I felt without them wanting to fix me.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/02/13 01:43 AM
The right to be myself

josie68's photo
Sat 07/27/13 02:39 AM
I don't think there's a way, just keep on trying trusting and hoping.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25