Community > Posts By > josie68

josie68's photo
Tue 02/26/13 11:27 AM
Edited by josie68 on Tue 02/26/13 11:28 AM
I think it's just who people are, some people like me, reveal almost everything, others are cautious and more reserved, slower to let people in and trust.

I guess things that happen to people through their lives can make it hard to be open and trust enough to just say who they are.

Neither is actually wrong just different, it's easier to get to know peole who are very open, but it's interesting to get to know someone slowly who needs time to let you in.
But thats part of getting to know someone, when you meet people offline it is the same.

josie68's photo
Tue 02/26/13 11:21 AM
Both, but if I had to have one, someone who loves me makes me happier than a heap of money I dont need.
So a little money and a lot of love:wink:

josie68's photo
Sat 02/23/13 02:41 AM

I am tough as nails but I attribute that to my military career. I find it hard to be a softy as I have always been the one that people lean on and count on to be strong. I couldn't even cry at either one of my parent's funerals. That last time I cried was 2003 and that was because I was in a very bad car accident that caused me a lot of pain and even then I tried to hide the tears from anyone in public.

I understand, navygirl... my dad was career military too, and he was a real softy like me, but emotional sensitivity in men isn't berated like it is in women... one hint of weakness in us and we quickly lose what confidence men have in us... Somehow though, I can't help but feel a void in my heart, when I think of your inability to express your more personal feelings... It's sad to hear you've lost both your parents... I have too... and I'll never have that same type of close connection again... Hope you haven't suffered any long term adverse affects from your 2003 accident... flowerforyou

What you say is so true; that men will find weakness in you showing emotion. I have this engrained in me even before I joined the military. I can remember dating men at 19 that said I had walls around my heart. So; its just second nature that i can't express my emotions which is probably why and I will always remain single. As for my car accident; I had trouble trying to walk after the accident due to the sever injury to my back, my neck; and both my knee caps. My doctor thought I was never going to walk again and would be in a wheel chair with in a couple of years. It took me 4 years to recover but not only do I walk but I have even cycled 45 kilometers. I won't lie that it was a struggle to walk; to strengthen up my body, and even trying to heal myself but somehow I managed. I have chronic pain in my knees but it doesn't slow me down much. My back and neck seem to be fine despite all the muscles being ripped and discs in my back being shifted. All in all; I am pretty lucky to have recovered.

:thumbsup:

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 09:27 PM
Don't you hate it, I sometimes wonder if I look desperate, just because of the stupid measages I get.

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 09:25 PM
:smile:

love josie's response!

If I were to have an alterego living another life somewhere it would be one of two choices. Either up in the mountains on a lake or near the ocean on the beach maybe running a small hotel

happy Do you want to trade places for a while, We have a small motel, right on the beach just a little country town in Tasmania at the bottom of australia, well its the little island underneath Australia but it,s still part of it.
This is a picture from my Balcony, My home is on top of the motel.
:wink:

start fixin' breakfast...I'm on my way! laugh

that's beautiful Josie

It is pretty here. One day I am going to talk someone into coming for a mingle meet here:wink:

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 07:33 PM

love josie's response!

If I were to have an alterego living another life somewhere it would be one of two choices. Either up in the mountains on a lake or near the ocean on the beach maybe running a small hotel

happy Do you want to trade places for a while, We have a small motel, right on the beach just a little country town in Tasmania at the bottom of australia, well its the little island underneath Australia but it,s still part of it.
This is a picture from my Balcony, My home is on top of the motel.
:wink:

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 02:31 AM
laugh laugh laugh Being a single parent sucks, I had 6 children and it was hard, but it gets easier, half mine have grown and all are my best friends, every struggle is worth it.
Just treat them with respect, love them and be firm, you really cant go wrong.
Remeber that saying your sorry or that you where wrong doesnt hurt,

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 02:26 AM
With my first, terrified.
But I have loved them all as soon as i had them, but then again I love children and babies that arnt mine as well.

Everyone feels differently, I have had friends that have felt detached, but they are great mums, some people feel overwhelmed, some feel nothing, and others are overjoyed.

There is nothing that is wrong as we are all different, and all react differently to things, including having a baby

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 02:22 AM
Just be open with him, sex is not something thats a secret, I have 6 children and we openly talk about it, I cant even remember at what age we started,
My children have are not embarrassed to ask for anything that they may need, not that they sleep around, but my 17 year old son is hoping to:wink: so keeps condoms in his wallet.
maybe when you are shopping just ask him if he would like a packet. If he doesnt use them they make great balloons.:smile:

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 02:05 AM
Soft, I cannot say anything that is going to hurt someone, I cannot walk past anyone who needs help.
I go out of my way to keep things nice and make everyone comfortable and happy.
If I could fix everyones heartache I would, but I cant so I do what I can to make the people I know and love happy.

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 02:00 AM
pitchfork pitchfork pitchfork Naughty when neededpitchfork pitchfork pitchfork

:angel: :angel: But always nice:angel: :angel: :angel:

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 01:57 AM
Edited by josie68 on Fri 02/22/13 01:57 AM
If I wasnt me I would love to be on an outback cattle station, hundreds of miles from everything in the middle of nowhere.
Kangaroos,crocodiles emus and dust. Freedom.:wink:

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 01:52 AM

But, if they wanted you to move into their home with them, what kind of conditions would it take for you to agree? Would you leave your big place in the country for an apartment in a large city? Or the other way around?

Personally, I have a plan to build myself a very small trailer and once I'm in it, I'm not going to be leaving it as long as I can live on my own.

I would have trouble living in a big city, I have visited them but do not want to live there. I could live anywhere as long as it wasnt crowded, I wouldnt even care if it was a tent as long as there wherent a heap of people or buildings around me.

I always wanted a tree house for a hometongue2

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 01:48 AM
I have my hubby's handprint tattoed on my butt, but people dont see it that often, I love tatoos but like to be able to cover them.

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 01:41 AM
Hmmmm my hubby is 20 000 ks away, so i guess thats as far as i would travel. Last time I did the trip it was 5 planes and 36 hours just to get from his house to mine.
But he's worth itdrool

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 01:37 AM

We connect with some pretty awesome folks here on Mingle… knowing that platonic friendships can be closer and last longer than some personal relationships, we’re here also seeking out souls just to bond with as friends… and once we do, how far are we willing to go to meet in person?

I have an 80pd male dog that I can’t leave at home while I’m gone, so if I traveled to meet a new friend, I’d have to bring Hammer with me… also, if my new friend lived across the country, because of my deteriorated spinal condition, I can only drive about 8 hrs at a stretch before I’d have to stop and get a room to rest… but, I would drive my car and pay for our expenses to make the round trip…

To what extent would you go too, if you really wanted to meet and spend time with a new acquaintance?

I have a friend in New Zealand that I wish to visit, and it looks like I will. So i would go quite a ways.

come and visit us while you are there, we are just next door in Australia.:wink:

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 01:28 AM

You often sound like you're talking about women in general, rather than your ex or your friends' wives/exes.

I have several friends who are married as well and haven't heard these complaints.

What planet do you live on?

Everywhere I look I see men, walking around like zombies, married to fat, bossy women that keep these men wrapped around their little fingers. The men just keep repeating "Yes dear, yes dear. Whatever you want dear."

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl You never saw my ex's. They put on weight, got bossy and expected obediencerofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Hmm perhaps I should have been the man.

But really I think the problem is that before people are married they dont really show who they are. Whether its a woman or a man, you tend to be more attentive and accepting of things before you actually live together and realities set in.
Its not until later that you really get to know a person and their character.

Marraige is hard work and without both are able to accept the other and love them for who they are, you are in big trouble.

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 01:18 AM
I am hopeless at remembering, if my hubby and children didnt remind me of the date, I would definately forget it.
So nope I wouldnt get upset, really anniversary's and valentines are just another day.

josie68's photo
Fri 02/22/13 01:14 AM
Keeping you and your family in my prayersflowerforyou

josie68's photo
Wed 02/13/13 02:27 AM

Everything worth having in life takes some level of effort to obtain. Once it’s in our possession and becomes part of our lives it can take a different level of commitment to maintain and keep it. Each of the following questions revolves around our personal relationships, and relates to what extent we are willing to go to get what we want.

1) You’ve interacted with people on the forums and become friends, now you want to take the friendship to the next level by becoming personally acquainted off boards, are you comfortable contacting them to see if the feeling is mutual, and how would you go about making the deeper connection?

2) You and your friends get along great online and you’ve decided to meet, if you live close by it’s not a problem, but if you live hundreds or thousands of miles apart, how far are you willing to go in order to make the deeper connection?

3) You’ve made the deeper connection and decide to try and make a personal relationship work, how much are you willing to compromise to be with the other person? Are you willing to relocate and trial run a live-in relationship? Can you transfer your employment if you decide to do this?

4) You’ve compromised and relocated, you love your new place of employment, and you and your live-in lover’s status is on cloud nine, life is great, love is intense, will you take things to the next level by getting married?

5) You’ve made a serious error in judgment and hurt your partner significantly, do you apologize and seek forgiveness while also trying to make things right, or do you ignore the damage your actions created and just expect your partner to get over it?

6) Your serious error in judgment has damaged your relationship and has led to a breakup; do you seek revenge, even if it’s just by gossiping about your ex to make others dislike them now that you do, or do you go your separate ways without incident?

1) I would not have a problem contacting anyone who I liked.

2) I happily travelled to meet the man I was interested in.

3) To many children and a family business that I run, so moving has never been an option. :wink:

4) I wouldnt like just living together. I grew up being told that if you where good enough to sleep with you are good enough to marry, could be why I have been divorced more than once.laugh

5)Definately appologise, I dont like ignoring problems and cannot stnd upsets or tension. I like everything happy.

6) No way, I would continue being friends and would never speak badly about an ex, Lifes to short to bother being yucky.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25