Community > Posts By > josie68

josie68's photo
Tue 01/08/13 01:09 AM

My children want to meet the guy prior to our first date. They have a 12 page application he needs to fill out as well as a psych evaluation. Then there's the three person panel (I have three children) interview. I no longer allow them to shine a bright light in his eyes, however. This just seemed over the top to me.

REALLY.. You took away the light, the poor kids must be heartbroken.

josie68's photo
Tue 01/08/13 01:02 AM
I absolutely love this, who-ever thought it up is a genius, they need congratulating. enjoy

Dear Ms. Gillard,

Please find below our suggestion for fixing Australia 's economy.

Instead of giving billions of dollars to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan..
You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 10 million people over 50 in the work force.
Pay them $1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Ten million job openings - unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new Australian car. Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university - Crime rate fixed.

5) They MUST buy $100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week .......and there's your money back in duty/tax etc

6) Instead of stuffing around with the carbon emissions trading scheme that makes us pay for the major polluters, tell the greedy bastards to reduce their pollution emissions by 75% within 5 years or we shut them down.

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know. If not, please disregard.

Grumpies of the World Unite

Also .
Let's put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.
This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.
They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.
They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.
Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.
A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.
They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.
They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and education.
Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request.
Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.
Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.
There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised.
Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay $600.00 per week and have no hope of ever getting out.
Think about this (more points of contention):
------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE AUSTRALIAN CONSTITUTION They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq ... Why don't we just give them ours?
It was drawn up by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for centuries and we're not using it anymore.
THE 10 COMMANDMENTS
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse or Parliament, is this -
You cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal', 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians...... It creates a hostile work environment.
Also;
Think about this .... If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone -- YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! It is time for us grumpy old folk of Australia to speak up!

josie68's photo
Mon 01/07/13 12:39 PM

Josie we have already met once and I didnt scare ya all away Im afraid to push my luck!! LOLnoway laugh :banana:

You know you want to come down Mikey, so pack your puppy in your suitcase and do it, it's warmer here then it is over there. drool I promise not to let the kids be to annoying ( just a little)

josie68's photo
Mon 01/07/13 03:04 AM
Really, 6 months.

What do you do in that time, not tell the kid, sneak around, act like he's not important enough for you to meet and get to know.

At 14 they are a young adult, doesnt it seem strange to treat them like a baby. It may be different here, but honestly if my 12 year old thought I didnt think he was intelligent enough to meet someone who was a friend and I was considering dating he would be pretty dissapointed in me.

Also the fact that it is the childs life as well. Here, my children who are 12 14 16 18 21 and 23 all had to meet anyone I considered dating, even friends as if they where not comfortable I would not have them as part of my life.

A child who does not like you can easily ruin a relationship, it isnt fair to any of you to waist 6 or 12 months and then find out you cant stand each other.

Anyway it's just another side of the coin. To me a child should be treated like an adult, they will respect you for it.

josie68's photo
Mon 01/07/13 02:54 AM
We had to here in Australia, most of us handed them in.

My brother kept his, he just got a licence and chains his guns in a cabinet and locks his bullets and bolts in a safe as they cannot be stored together.

My Dad didnt want to get a licence so handed his guns in and they paid him for them.

We do not have the right to carry guns, it's illegal, so are any type of gun , even a bb gun is not allowed.

You get used to it, laws change and after a while people accept change.

I grew up with guns, and never had a problem with owning one, but I dont have a problem with needing a licence to own one either as our government was trying to keep us safe.

josie68's photo
Mon 01/07/13 02:44 AM

I'd rather a guy smell of cologne instead of smoke.

unless of course he's a FIREman!! drool

now THAT'S Smokin bigsmile

Who cares about smoke, I just gave up my aversion to it.

josie68's photo
Mon 01/07/13 02:39 AM

Are you more attracted to intelligent people? Or, do you find ditzyness a turn on?

huh How do you define "intelligent"?

I think different people define intelligence differently.

I like someone who is intelligent, but about what I want them to know, I am not interested in politics, news or studying.

I don't always talk correctly or about appropriate things, I have no interest in sounding good or speaking about things that will make me appear as if I actually know more than I do.

I dont like to talk about war or anything else that I cannot change.

I have had very little education (looking at it from an Americans side)

So am I probably not classed as intelligent to most.

But I can tell you more about farming, running a business, raising children, living in the bush, survival in the outback and any other topic that amuses me.

I am never bored nor boring, my friends would never class me as unintelligent, so what is the benchmark.

josie68's photo
Mon 01/07/13 02:26 AM
Someone capable of loving.:smile:

Who can laugh at my mistakesfrustrated

Make me smilehappy

and put up with medrool

josie68's photo
Mon 01/07/13 02:21 AM
I spent a lot of time as a child in intensive care, almost died many times and learnt to enjoy every moment that I have.

Life is never guaranteed and I never look to far ahead, but I enjoy everyday, I love every person I can and I never leave anyone angry with me on purpose.

I tell my family and friends constantly that I love them, walk and play with my children when all I want to do is curl up and rest.

So really if I found for sure that my last day was almost here, I would just try and spend a little more time with the few people I love who I dont see everyday.

I would write letters for my children to read when they got married, had their first babies, for each birthday and Christmas, just so they would never forget how much I loved them, or feel like I wasnt still with them.:smile:

josie68's photo
Mon 01/07/13 01:58 AM
August:wink:

josie68's photo
Mon 01/07/13 01:56 AM
Oh and you could all just come down here for a mingle meet, then I could meet everyonetongue2 Or hand deliver the cards next year.:wink:

josie68's photo
Mon 01/07/13 01:55 AM
I am still getting cards, I love my mailman at the moment.

This is the first year I have ever sent cards out and the first year that I have gotten them.

Thank you so much everyone I have loved everyone of them.

josie68's photo
Fri 01/04/13 02:06 AM
happy But it still sucks being apart, whether you are needy or not.:wink:

josie68's photo
Fri 01/04/13 02:04 AM
Edited by josie68 on Fri 01/04/13 02:04 AM

Me personally, I've never seen one work. I've tried it twice myself. I know others who have tried it and it didn't work out. The great majority of women I have met want a man that's there,close by that they can see regularly. Not someone 100 miles or more away. It just makes things to hard.

I think it makes it more difficult, but it all depends on the people, for me I have a mob of teenage children, who love and cuddle me constantly, so I dont have the neediness for a man to be near me through the day, It is really the nights that are the hardest as thats when normally you want to just lay and be together.

I need to know I am loved, but dont actually need someone holding my hand all day.flowerforyou

So for me a few miles works out OK, Although if i had a choice, I would choose to be together.

josie68's photo
Tue 01/01/13 07:08 PM
Hmmmmm they all have a Doodletongue2

josie68's photo
Sun 12/30/12 07:22 PM
I believe anything cn ork, but like most things it depends on the people.:wink:

josie68's photo
Sun 12/30/12 07:08 PM
Yep, I look my age, probably older when i smile, since then half my face is covered in wrinkles and I smile most of the time. noway

josie68's photo
Fri 12/28/12 12:48 PM
Edited by josie68 on Fri 12/28/12 12:53 PM

Huge Turn Offs: bad breath, bad teeth, bad attitude.

I don't mind a pudgy guy but dress well, to camouflage it.

Am I alone in thinking Tattoos and piercings are Hot as Hell??!

i love tattoos,

josie68's photo
Fri 12/28/12 12:42 PM
I think the only things I'm not keen on would be swearing and men who are moody or violent

josie68's photo
Fri 12/28/12 12:39 PM

turnoffs(physical),,

tats, piercings, unhealthy smile, unhealthy skin,,,over muscular pysique,boniness, bad hygiene, rolls, girlish hair, feminine gestures or speech patterns

turnoffs (non physical)

bigotry, ignorance, meanness, arrogance, paranoia, martyrism, pompousness, disrespectfulness, inconsiderate, immature/childish, being past 30 and trying to cling to the twenties and teens,,,

Wow I think you just about knocked out every Aussie bloke I knowlaugh laugh laugh laugh

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25