Community > Posts By > josie68

josie68's photo
Wed 07/25/12 12:42 AM

This is just my take on it and this applies strictly to me....

I began talking to a really cool chick who kinda slowly made herself known into conversations on Mingle. The more I talked to her, the more we got along. Eventually, I grew to like her enough and felt a bond grow to the point, I got on a plane and flew out to see her. Then I flew across half the country to visit with her again. Each day speaking to her in the morning on the way to work...then again during my breaks and my lunch...again as I arived home to my dogs...then once again as I went to sleep....cause I needed her voice in my ear.

At the end of next month....I am moving to spend my days and nights with her. I put in my notice at work yesterday. I told my family, my friends and my coworkers that I have spent a long time developing a real relationship built on love, friendship, respect, understanding and patience...and that I am leaving. They are thrilled for me. Everyone is so supportive.

I am getting new teeth before I go...cause I want to smile so big for her when I get there...instead of hiding the part of me that I hate. (none of you have ever seen me smile)

I am giving everything that I ain't taking to the guys I work with. All my furniture, lamps, mirrors, most of my clothes, tools...all of it. I don't need it.

I ain't taking alot...cause she is all I need. (and the house is furnished)...I am taking my clothes, my dog, my car and a few personal items on a 2,130 mile trip next month to start a new life with a woman I have grown to love.

I am as nervous and excited as a person can be.

I got the guts to step up...flop my heart on the table....and take the chance that I am good enough to be loved.

No matter what, I can at least know that I gave everything I got for a shot at love.

I spent waaaaay toooo many years being safe.....

Now is the time I stand up to the plate and EARN my homerun.

So...yes, long distance relationships can work.

YAY I am so so so very happy for you both.. it will be worth every second. Luv yo u both.happy

josie68's photo
Tue 07/24/12 04:33 AM
It takes a huge amount of trust on both sides to make it work.

Spending time together is really important, having goals and just enjoying each other.

It can be difficult but very possible.

josie68's photo
Tue 07/24/12 03:23 AM
yep

josie68's photo
Tue 07/24/12 03:21 AM
A barbie out the back, no fuss.

josie68's photo
Fri 07/20/12 09:39 PM
Hot Hot Hot happy

josie68's photo
Fri 07/20/12 09:33 PM

Jesus only gave us one commandment: "Love one another, Love as I have loved. This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples." - John 13:34 (and 15:12).

Yet very few people seem to go on to ask the obvious question: "OK. Well then in terms of romantic relationships. How would I love if I were to love as Jesus loved?"

And what rules of relationship would I follow? Would they be closer to the rules of friendship or of marriage, or something else?

What would your answers be to these questions?

One loves another as Jesus loved us in one simple way. Giving your life over to the one you love. Living for him/her instead of doing selfish things.

Jesus gave his life for us because he loved us so much, would you do the same for your spouse? Would you go through that form of torment so you could be with your spouse? You would need to answer yes, if you are loving another as Jesus loved us.

And even besides that, Jesus' life was given to doing miracles and spreading the word of God. Teaching us, so we could possibly receive the gift of eternal life. He didn't live for himself. Could you totally live for your spouse ensuring his/her happiness before yours your entire life? Not meaning a time here or a time there, I mean your entire life with him/her.

Yep I like this answer the best..

Loving is pretty easy, if you let it be, It's pretty much just not being selfish all the timetongue2 and thinking of others.

josie68's photo
Fri 07/20/12 09:25 PM
Purebred Mongrel here.

Nordic, scottish, (and English) but I try to keep that quiet here.:wink:

josie68's photo
Fri 07/20/12 09:20 PM

God created man. He made them male and female.
The male should cater for his family; but the females have taken all the jobs.

What chapter and verse is that exactly? I think that's from the New Modern Man's Version right?

This is direct from the Bible: “So God created man in his image; in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” - Genesis 1:27

There are two versions of the Creation in the Bible; this is one of them. The second explains the fall of man and ejection from Eden. As a result of which God strips woman of her equal status and places her under male domination thus: “To the woman God said…You will be dependent on your husband and he will lord it over you.” (Genesis 3:16)

Therefore, female emancipation is an aberration. :-)

Yet by the Grace of God and the Advent of Christ all sin is forgiven...

Therefore God has returned to women the same as he originally gave...

Equality with men...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But always different. Thankfully.happy

josie68's photo
Fri 07/20/12 04:52 PM
:wink: Krupa you keep us constantly amused..

Now that S & I is gone we can all just follow your poststongue2

josie68's photo
Fri 07/20/12 04:40 PM
Edited by josie68 on Fri 07/20/12 04:44 PM

God created man. He made them male and female.
The male should cater for his family; but the females have taken all the jobs.

What chapter and verse is that exactly? I think that's from the New Modern Man's Version right?

This is direct from the Bible: “So God created man in his image; in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” - Genesis 1:27

There are two versions of the Creation in the Bible; this is one of them. The second explains the fall of man and ejection from Eden. As a result of which God strips woman of her equal status and places her under male domination thus: “To the woman God said…You will be dependent on your husband and he will lord it over you.” (Genesis 3:16)

Therefore, female emancipation is an aberration. :-)

You know what....I SO HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE JUST TAKE LITTLE PARTS OF THE BIBLE AND USE IT HOW THEY WANT..

Honestly if Adam hadnt been such a whimp he wouldnt have taken the apple from eve and then he wouldnt have been in trouble..Technically if Adam had of been obedient neither would have been tossed out. Stupid man, couldn't make his own dinner so ate the apple. Think he would have learnt to cook for himself.tongue2
and if he had been a real man he would have protected her from the snake.. See God gave Eve a faulty husband..

So emancipation is Adams fault because he was such a girl.

josie68's photo
Fri 07/20/12 04:31 PM
Edited by josie68 on Fri 07/20/12 04:35 PM
Hmmm If I remember rightly the Bible states.
HUSBANDS LOVE YOUR WIVE'S AS CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH..

So if my husband had loved me instead of abused me then i would not have had to take any authority over our household.

Since the money he earned went to drug and alcohol abuse, I clothed and fed our children,
Since he failed to pay bills, I earned the money to do it.
Since he decided to bash one of my boys we left.
Since he wasn't there to be a father I took on both roles of Mum and Dad.
Yes i can cook and clean, I homeschooled my 6 children and worked from home,
Now I still work full time and raise the 4 children who are at home.
All of my children are well adjusted and loving. The two older both have good jobs and a stable life.

Despite the fact that i rule our home.tongue2 There lives have been better than if we had stayed under the rule of a domineering worthless man.

So basically if men hadn't been such doodle heads we wouldnt have had to do anything.

Now after saying all that, I love men and would have loved nothing better than to have been a good little wife who stayed at home, was looked after and could spend my days caring for my children and not having to worry.

But life as it is isnt like that and people always twist things to spoil something that should have worked fine if everyone was fair.

josie68's photo
Fri 07/20/12 03:28 AM
Sure, if both people are honest and happy with what they have, anything is ok.

josie68's photo
Fri 07/20/12 03:25 AM

Wait a minute....Aussies don't speak English. Ya'll couldn't pronounce an "r" to save your life.

I speak Texan so I ain't saying it like a bad thing.

:)

Wat are ya talkin about, I speak properly. :wink:

Just wait till I come to Texas to teach you to talk.tongue2

josie68's photo
Fri 07/20/12 03:23 AM

3 of my children just came home from a holiday in Bali with their Grandparents, they loved it, although they can all speak a fair amount of Indonesian as it's learnt in some schools here.
Have you though about meeting up with some Aussies from over there, I know there are heaps who travel back and forwards all the time, maybe you could find some of the places they hang out at.

that new.. i just know if there is bahasa indonesia subject at schools in australia. nice to know :smile:

My children started learning in Kinda, then they learnt japanese for 6 years, then went back to indonesian 3 years ago at their new school

josie68's photo
Thu 07/19/12 03:01 PM

happy

In some ways it is true,

At 16 I had no troubles attracting men, from 15 to 40
At 21 I had no trouble attracting men, from 18 to 40
At 30 i still had no trouble attracting men from 25 to 50
At 43 I still dont find it hard to attract men fro 30 to 60

However, I live in a city where there are way less women than men,
But basically if you have boobs, a smile and laugh alot men will always be attracted to you, you may not get wolf whisled as much, but they are still happy to have a look and flirt with you.

There will always be men who are older than you who will look.
Yep they might like to look at younger girls, who are well built and look way better.
But honestly I went to my daughters baby shower and her husband is An army boy and my 14 year old and I where almost drooling over some of the Sas boys gosh they had muscles on their muscles. So it works both ways, it might make you feel better thinking that you will be attractive for longer, but the truth is, if there was a hot young man standing next to you, nobody would see you.

Excellent point of view, I disagree about the women's desires, I believe that a young woman is more attracted by a mature man muscles or not, the target change when she gets older and more awareness

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Really, I have a 22 year old daughter, and am constantly surrounded by her friends and my other daughter and her mob. Here you see a few girls with older blokes, but not many.

Now although they may notice a good looking mature man, it is the younger blokes that they are interested in looking at.

Without Australians are differentnoway

An older bloke will be looked at and maybe commented on, especially if he smells good, and yes we do like a nice smelling man, regardless of what he looks like.

But an older man is viewed with a little more respect than a younger man with a good butt and arms. Here the girls are really no different to the boys, the first thing you focus on is the meat in the package and fresh is best.tongue2

That settles it.
I ain't movin' to Australia.grumble laugh smokin

drool drool drool drool drool drool

But the girls love American accents, so that puts you at the front of the line:wink: You will have them lining up waiting for youtongue2

Girls don't matter.
If I can't have you, I ain't comin'.:wink: flowers

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

If only I hadnt already fallen for an american accent.:wink: tears tears happy

I know and I hope you guys are doing great.:thumbsup:

Yep I am heading back to America for 8 weeks in October, cant wait.. happy

josie68's photo
Thu 07/19/12 02:41 PM

happy

In some ways it is true,

But basically if you have boobs, a smile and laugh alot men will always be attracted to you, you may not get wolf whisled as much, but they are still happy to have a look and flirt with you.

Yep they might like to look at younger girls, who are well built and look way better.
But honestly I went to my daughters baby shower and her husband is An army boy and my 14 year old and I where almost drooling over some of the Sas boys gosh they had muscles on their muscles. So it works both ways, it might make you feel better thinking that you will be attractive for longer, but the truth is, if there was a hot young man standing next to you, nobody would see you.

Excellent point of view, I disagree about the women's desires, I believe that a young woman is more attracted by a mature man muscles or not, the target change when she gets older and more awareness

Really, I have a 22 year old daughter, and am constantly surrounded by her friends and my other daughter and her mob. Here you see a few girls with older blokes, but not many.

Now although they may notice a good looking mature man, it is the younger blokes that they are interested in looking at.

An older bloke will be looked at and maybe commented on, especially if he smells good, and yes we do like a nice smelling man, regardless of what he looks like.

But an older man is viewed with a little more respect than a younger man with a good butt and arms. Here the girls are really no different to the boys, the first thing you focus on is the meat in the package and fresh is best.tongue2

That settles it.

But the girls love American accents, so that puts you at the front of the line:wink: You will have them lining up waiting for youtongue2

Girls don't matter.
If I can't have you, I ain't comin'.:wink: flowers

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

If only I hadnt already fallen for an american accent.:wink: tears tears happy

josie68's photo
Thu 07/19/12 02:39 PM

laugh laugh laugh
Riding a scooter in Bali is not like anywhere else in the world.

josie68's photo
Thu 07/19/12 02:33 PM
Edited by josie68 on Thu 07/19/12 02:34 PM

happy

In some ways it is true,

That settles it.

josie68's photo
Thu 07/19/12 02:26 PM

I think it depends on the maturity of the guy personally. I couldn't picture myself sitting in a pub checking out chicks of any age.

Perhaps you've already passed what it's called midlife crisis

Maybe 4 times over sonny, and still don't get into bar chicks.

Or perhaps he is one of the more mature men that the girls love, especially since he is not drooling all over them making them feel cheap and nasty.flowerforyou

josie68's photo
Thu 07/19/12 02:22 PM

happy

In some ways it is true,

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next