Community > Posts By > josie68

josie68's photo
Sat 08/11/12 02:03 AM

This thread makes me think of other "hot" job locations where people flock hoping to make a fat wad of money.

What usually works out is if it sounds too good to be true it isn't.

I remember as a kid in the midwest when the oil boom hit. The crews that came in with skills and supplies did well for a while. They were kept in compounds in isolated areas and people talked about how much money they made but there was little or no envolvement.

Then more people came and wages fell and the supplies ran out. Houseing , food, and protection only existed for those who could pay through the nose to get it or lived by the law of the gun. Crime rates soured (Especially against women and small businesses.) Rental property was destroyed, entire neighborhoods became slums, and the ecological damage was appauling. Tax payers did not want to pay to regulate the corporations that had plently of lawyers to fight their efforts.

Locals grew to hate the incoming workers. And often looked the other way when workers were screwed out of their pay, gouged for the smallest comforts, and if they caught them alone would burn their vehicals with or without the occupants to the ground. Those that took pity on them or befriended them were hated with equal vengence. Injured workers would have to be transported long distances for even emergency care. If they got crosswise of the local law enforcement if they survived to see a judge you could bet there was no bail and much harsher punishments.

I can't speak to the climate in Austrailia but in the midwest it was in many of these compounds, hot dessert dry, or flash flooding, and then in the winter the brutal wind could freeze you to death in a manner of minutes in snow drifts along the roads deeper than full size tractor trailers. A bed or a bath was a luxury that could end up costing a days wages or more and bootleg whiskey was more expensive than gasoline. Bed bugs, STD's, fight scars, and out of wed lock pregnancy and abandoned children were sad facts of life. Most workers left after several years really no better off than they came.

Our climate varies all over the country and the mines are in variuos places, from the hot to the cold, I can only speak for the NT which is hot, but it's not really unpleasant, our winters hit 80 to 90 through the days and our summers probably 90 to 110 .
Mining can be hard work, obviously that is the reason the pay is good, you do fly in and out, you live in the camps that they provide, well at least the ones up here you do, they supply sleeping arrangements and food.
Their are no drugs or alcohol allowed and you are tested each day, if you fail the test you are fired.
I have not heard any of the boys complain who work in the mines, yep they work their backsides off, most of them stay 4 or 5 years, but the ones I know end up with homes and cares out of it, no they are not all qualified when they start

josie68's photo
Sat 08/11/12 12:50 AM

All you need is a genuine desire to work and succeed.

Kinda pizzes me off when i hear people moan about not having a job, yet won't do anything to get up off their azzes to look for work, or look for pathetic excuses not to work. Everybody who is capable can find something...

Honestly here, if you are not working it is because you choose not to. In our motel we employ workers from overseas. Not because it is cheaper, simply because we cannot find Australian workers.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 02:51 PM

If we met and you where mean, I would just smile and continue doing what ever I was doing, it wouldnt really bother me, except that I would avoid youflowerforyou

i wouldn't be mean to a stranger.
i do get quite irritated when people i know don't seems to be affected by anything i say or do though.
give me something!
if you're constantly smiling while i'm miserable you must not care.

I know I suck at being sympathetic, and if I was smiling and you where upset with me I would smile more, since when I get nervous I smile and then if I get really nervous I giggle.
At least you would get a reation, but probably not one you would like. noway It sucks when someone gets cranky at you and you start smiling, it always got me in huge trouble as a kid.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 09:03 AM
Edited by josie68 on Fri 08/10/12 09:07 AM
http://jobs.riotinto.com.au/browse

This might be a better site

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 08:47 AM

Hmmmmm not sure if I am even allowed to post this but someone can remove it for me if it shouldnt be here.

I just figured that there are a lot of people looking for work and we are having a lot of trouble finding workers in Australia, so if anyone is interested, Australia is looking for workers in the mining industry with or without experience, we just don't have the people here to do the work that is happening.

Anyway the average wage is around $100 000 a year, so if you are single and need work I guess it couldnt hurt to apply I have put the link to the people who can help. I have absolutely no information on it, its just that we have heaps of American here who are being brought over as well as people from NZ..
Sorry if this shouldnt be here.

http://www.australia-mining.com/?g2

TY for the information. How did you find out about this website? Sites like that scare me a little. I will look around for some official Australian websites that would help. If I find anything, I'll post it here so others can get the information as well.

Thats a good idea, I know that up here where I live we have just recieved a contract for I think around 34 billlion dollars, we don't have the people to cover the jobs, then we have huge mining contracts as well, we are in the Northern Territory, then Western Australia and Queensland also have a lot of mining at the moment, so check out those areas.

A huge majority of the workers coming up here are from overseas, so it's definately worth looking into and I know that the average wage would be close to what they have stated as we have a lot of miners on their weeks off stay with us.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 08:16 AM
It would depend what the religion was, and what effect it would have on me an my children.
Would it effect how we lived and dressed or would we still be free to be ourselves.

Anything that was controlling I would say no, I wouldnt.
Otherwise, yes I would.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 08:07 AM

My life is actually going pretty good. My meds are good. I am living in a nice place. My family is getting along. But I just feel like there are no trust worthy men under 50 anymore. I have younger guy friend friends who are worth something but there is a line in the sand. I just feel like I make such bad decisions and maybe I should just adopt a cat and live as a nun.

Im with ya on that one, dont trust my judgement about males anymore either

except I have children, and I think I will get a dog

But if you don't trust you never open up, how can anyone really love you if you don't let them see all of you and have barriers what

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 08:01 AM
Edited by josie68 on Fri 08/10/12 08:09 AM
Hmmmm (enter amount) I would buy some land in the bush, build a big treehouse, plant a huge garden, make myself pretty self sufficient and only come out to work when I needed something that I couldnt provide for myself.

That would be my ideal if I had no responsibilities at all.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 07:56 AM
I come on here as I have made friends, I flirt with a few, but only the people that I know, and who know that I am married, I met my husband on here and we are both happy to stay on mingle,
If he had a problem with anything I did or said on here, I would be off in a second.
Not because he was telling me what to do, but because I love him and would never hurt him intentionally.

Mingle is important to me, but my relationship is more important.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 07:52 AM
I think that there are a lot of really good , older men, mainly ones who have already been hurt and are probably wary as well.

Maybe you push them away, it can happen sometimes,

Or maybe you just havent met the right man for you.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 07:50 AM
I give my all regardless of whether or not I will get it back.

Thankfully I do get it back.

But every relationship that works needs people to give and be commited, otherwise it can't continue to work

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 07:44 AM

are you suspicious of overly nice people?
i tend to think they're up to no good.
especially males.
i don't trust you bastards!
if they really are flat out super nice i just think i'm going to end up being mean to them.
i don't know how to treat you nice people.
i can't be sweet all the damn time.
nice people seem one dimensional,
no?
i guess they just bore me.

I am not moody, rarely get cranky, and definately do not upset people on purpose. I avoid any kind of conflict and tend to keep everything calm at work and home.
Yep I am overly nice, because I like to be. I like my life happy and easy, I dont look for problems and always find something good in everything.
Am I boring, yep probably , but I enjoy laughing and living my life, so I really don't care:wink: If we met and you where mean, I would just smile and continue doing what ever I was doing, it wouldnt really bother me, except that I would avoid youflowerforyou

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 07:40 AM
I don't think so.

So probably not. I never hurt anyone intentionally and tended to stay in relationships rather than hurt anyones feelings by leaving.

Dumb but true.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 07:36 AM
Not that I've noticed, if someone doesnt agree with me or like what I said , it's easy enough to laugh it off.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 07:32 AM
No, I really don't like anything to be set, I like to feel like I am not tied.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/10/12 07:29 AM
Hmmmmm not sure if I am even allowed to post this but someone can remove it for me if it shouldnt be here.

I just figured that there are a lot of people looking for work and we are having a lot of trouble finding workers in Australia, so if anyone is interested, Australia is looking for workers in the mining industry with or without experience, we just don't have the people here to do the work that is happening.

Anyway the average wage is around $100 000 a year, so if you are single and need work I guess it couldnt hurt to apply I have put the link to the people who can help. I have absolutely no information on it, its just that we have heaps of American here who are being brought over as well as people from NZ..
Sorry if this shouldnt be here.

http://www.australia-mining.com/?g2

josie68's photo
Wed 08/08/12 01:27 PM
Yep definately put something in about yourself, If people look at your profile they want to see who you are.

josie68's photo
Wed 08/08/12 01:25 PM
I guess the real question is , what do you think, do you have any reserves, why even question what you feel.
Just make sure that you are sure of what you are doing.

josie68's photo
Wed 08/08/12 01:21 PM
Edited by josie68 on Wed 08/08/12 01:22 PM
I don't know, there are all different reasons to move in with someone, if both people know and are happy with it I don't see a problem.
Sometimes people just want a companion, someone else there. It's not really a big deal, you never know who you can trust anyway.
Normally it is the people closest to you who hurt you the most, soooooooo why not let a stranger do it, that way you can at least say Oh well, I should have known better.

Chances are if you go by statistics, it will be your husband or wife who walks away with everything you have and end up hating you.

So let a stranger have it instead.:wink: at least once they are gone you dont have to see them again.

josie68's photo
Tue 08/07/12 12:43 PM
You know, being a parent is one of the few jobs that come without some sort of training, and being a single parent is even harder.
I love my children madly, I don;t always like them:wink:
There will always be times when you would like to just walk away, we all would, sometimes being a Mum suckssad
My son Who is 17 is watching his 16 year old brother going through puberty and asking me if he was as bad, one started early one late And I just nodded my head.
My children have 5 others to take their frustration out on, it could be why I don't cop it.

Never feel inadequate, (bummer can't spell that word) never look back and think you should have done something differently.

Every child has a different personality, every child will try different things and react differently so no parent can tell you what you should do with yours, we can only offer advice on what has worked with ours.

It is very easy when you have an easy child as they respond and follow what the books says they should do.

When you have one who fights at every step you are constantly banging your head against a brick wall,

I know that people talk about fear helping, and in someways I agree in some ways I don.t.
My children grew up in and abusive home with a father who was addicted to drugs and alcohol, they learnt early to stick together and protect each other until we got out. They feared their father but never respected him and if we had stayed they would have done everything they could to fight against him.

I'm not saying that smacking is wrong but at 13 it is really to old to do anything like that, she would hate you.

I would never ever tell a child that if they don;t conform that they have to leave or that if they choose to do something that they are not welcome back.
To me that would be like saying I dont love you enough to let you stay if you dont do what you are told. Please don;t get me wrong it may work for some, but for me it isnt acceptable. A child needs to know that you are their rock, even if at times you crumble you will still be there for them, that they can always come back no matter what happens.

Really the best you can do is try whatever seems to help, do what you need to to keep going, be her friend and her Mum, laugh with her whenever you can and just be there.