Community > Posts By > josie68

josie68's photo
Wed 08/22/12 11:41 PM
Josie is my knick name and 68 is the year I was born

josie68's photo
Wed 08/22/12 11:39 PM
It's easy, to many people have their noses so far up their buts that they like to think that it is wrong for him to do anything that they see as unnaceptable..
Just a case of people wanting to make a big deal out of nothing

josie68's photo
Wed 08/22/12 08:10 PM
Edited by josie68 on Wed 08/22/12 08:11 PM

Allow me to retort...

If I wanna have a good time around someone with no makeup....I will hang out with my brother or a couple of my friends.

As far as I am concerned, a woman who won't bother trying to look nice for me..ain't worth wasting my time on .

Cause I want to make her proud every time I step out...I expect the same.

Bummer that would suck. I hate make up, cannot be bothered to wear it, don't even own it, the few times I have had to wear it I borrowed my daughers tongue2 No wonder I could never catch your eye

josie68's photo
Wed 08/22/12 08:05 PM
Edited by josie68 on Wed 08/22/12 08:06 PM
We will be going to disney and where ever else the kids decide to have a sticky beak, but we will definately be only in the motel to sleep, none of the kids will want to rest. They dont even know what the word means.

josie68's photo
Wed 08/22/12 07:19 PM
Has anyone stayed in any of the motels around disneyland in Anaheim.. There are so many I have no idea where to startwhat

josie68's photo
Wed 08/22/12 04:05 PM
No Way Hozay, not interested.

josie68's photo
Wed 08/22/12 04:01 PM

thanks smokey, and wow n who is that? Sorry never heard of that person.
Yeah we lost touch but he came looking n found me... So to me it is meant to be...

I think its a hot dog.
happy Birthday.

josie68's photo
Wed 08/22/12 02:42 PM
Yep, just listen to everything everyone else has said, and as long as you are both prepared to do the work to keep your relationship alive, it can work.:smile:

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 11:37 PM

I think Yellow Rose said it earlier and I gotta agree....Terms of endearment are simply a part of the vocabulary. They don't actually mean anything personal unless we actually like you. It is no different than saying "Ma'am", "Sir", "Mr." or "Mrs."

Just cause we say "Sugar"....don't mean you are sweet.
Just cause we say "Honey"....don't mean you are sweet.

We are just giving everyone else the benefit of the doubt.

It's up to ya'll to prove us wrong by being a b*tch.

:)

(Just trying to translate "southern" for all you foreign Cats and Dolls....yer welcome)
This thread has really opened my eyes and taught me a lot about other cultures. And in the process I even tried to understand my own culture a little better. So it's all been "good!"...I live in an area (out west) where I rarely ever hear terms of endearment out in public. It's just not the norm here at all...Men don't use affectionate terms with women unless they are "going together" or married or close friends....I've lived in this same basic area all my life and been part of this culture...I don't think one culture is better or above other cultures. We just get used to certain behavior and customs based on where we grew-up and where we spend most of our time. Don't you think?....Anyway If I do run into a man who calls me a "sweet name" (which is rare out here) I'm going to say "thank you" and remember all I've learned from the people and posts on this thread! (Thanks to everyone!)

No No No don't thank him, it's just normal, so just keep chatting

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 11:32 PM
I would love it if they had had none.

However since that is totally unrealistic, it doesnt matter, I am not judging them on their past. As long as there are none added to the list while they are with me.

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 01:58 PM
Edited by josie68 on Tue 08/21/12 01:59 PM

navygirl...Great that you receive so much respect. (On and off duty.)...My husband was Asst. Fire Chief when the very first female firefighter entered his crew... Most of the male firefighters handled it well but a couple of guys had to be "set straight" a few times...Does the navy teach classes about "male and female relations" and sexual harrassment etc.?

Actually; yes the Navy gives courses on being politically correct and what is considered sexual harassment. Fortunately; the men I served with were smart enough to know how to treat me with respect before these classes were ever introduced. Fact is I was there boss at times so calling me sweetie and honey wouldn't have been acceptable.
It's great that you're surrounded by respectful men...The classes must seem strange to men who have been used to calling women "honey" and "sweetie" and other terms all of their lives. (Where it's embedded in their culture.)..It's not easy to do a complete "flip-flop" late in life! Do some men "slip-back" into their former ways at times?...It can be a "comedy of errors" when men and women from different cultures "meet-up" and try to relate to each other. Don't you think?

Well; overall its not in our culture to address women with honey or sweetie, so I would say no these guys would not slip back to that. We are taught to address people by their names or titles and not in a familiar way. I don't know many Canadians that would call a complete stranger honey or sweetie and for sure they would not address their boss that way. I do agree it can be interesting when different cultures meet up and try to relate.

It is funny, when the American Army or Navy arrives here as when they open a door or anything they use the word mamwhat it always makes us laugh as it sounds like they think we are an old woman. Yes Mam, it is just so strange for us. We like it though as they always seem so polite and helpful.

I manage a motel and am in charge, and everyone still calls me love honey gorgeous sweety, darlin, my love or a pain in the butt. But definately not by ,my name, even the people I employ.:smile:

The military is taught to always address women as Mam and men as Sir regardless of age as it is a sign of respect.

I know, we have a huge amount come through here, and my daughter likes to follow them in the supermarket to listen to their accent and try and get them to call her mam. noway Obviously there is not a lot of entertainment here:wink:

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 01:54 PM

i'm alive because my parents had sex.
o.O

Oh Yuck, I dont even want to go there.noway

I think the stork brought me:wink:

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 01:43 PM
Edited by josie68 on Tue 08/21/12 01:49 PM
One name that almost got my hubby in trouble was calling me SHE what
I would be standing right next to him and he would say, she did this or she did something elsenoway like I wasnt standing right next to him.
Now here it is sort of insulting for someone to use she on you when you are there, it's like they cant be bothered, using your name, or whatever name you are called by.
My Mum almost throtled him when he used she to talk about something she did at the table. If the evil eye could kill, he would be deadnoway

Example, "She would like a drink" BAD
"Josie would like a drink"" Good :wink:

simple but that is a little offensive here.

From the time you are little you are told, "She's a cats mother" Not sure why it's a cats mother what but it's definately bad to use it on someone when you are talking about them when there there,

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 01:38 PM

As a kid I knew I was in "trouble" if my parents (or other relatives) called me by my "full" name. (My first and middle name together.) How about you?

Yep if she'd chuck my middle name in I was really gonna cop it.

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 01:37 PM
Edited by josie68 on Tue 08/21/12 01:45 PM

navygirl...Great that you receive so much respect. (On and off duty.)...My husband was Asst. Fire Chief when the very first female firefighter entered his crew... Most of the male firefighters handled it well but a couple of guys had to be "set straight" a few times...Does the navy teach classes about "male and female relations" and sexual harrassment etc.?

Actually; yes the Navy gives courses on being politically correct and what is considered sexual harassment. Fortunately; the men I served with were smart enough to know how to treat me with respect before these classes were ever introduced. Fact is I was there boss at times so calling me sweetie and honey wouldn't have been acceptable.
It's great that you're surrounded by respectful men...The classes must seem strange to men who have been used to calling women "honey" and "sweetie" and other terms all of their lives. (Where it's embedded in their culture.)..It's not easy to do a complete "flip-flop" late in life! Do some men "slip-back" into their former ways at times?...It can be a "comedy of errors" when men and women from different cultures "meet-up" and try to relate to each other. Don't you think?

Well; overall its not in our culture to address women with honey or sweetie, so I would say no these guys would not slip back to that. We are taught to address people by their names or titles and not in a familiar way. I don't know many Canadians that would call a complete stranger honey or sweetie and for sure they would not address their boss that way. I do agree it can be interesting when different cultures meet up and try to relate.

It is funny, when the American Army or Navy arrives here as when they open a door or anything they use the word mamwhat it always makes us laugh as it sounds like they think we are an old woman. Yes Mam, it is just so strange for us. We like it though as they always seem so polite and helpful.

I manage a motel and am in charge, and everyone still calls me love honey gorgeous sweety, darlin, my love or a pain in the butt. But definately not by ,my name, even the people I employ.:smile:

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 04:28 AM

In the video, there's a part where small girls were told to stop selling Lemonade in front of their houses, because it's illegal to do so, etc. The cops went to their houses and told this to the kids.

A number of people got arrested by cops for taking a video of what the cops were doing in front of them...and so on.

Some claim that there are too many obscure laws and decent people-- entrepreneurs-- are being thrown in jail for just selling lobsters, milk or chickens.

One guy was thrown out of his own property even after he won the lawsuit against the government.

One will be fined thousands of dollars for having a type of tree in his yard. A tree that is prolific in his area, if I remember correctly.

laugh: laugh
Selling goods that are consumed by people and are prone to rotting are regulated. Only those establishments that have the readiness to keep things fresh and unrotted can get a permit to sell chicken, lobster, etc.

-- I agree with this law. Much more food poisoning cases would come up to the courts. Huge lawsuits could be generated. If people died of poisoned (even if unintentionally poisoned) food, all hell would break loose. Givign the nice name "entrepeneur" to the seller of perishable food items is not a cause for vindication house-to-house selling.

-- in case of the kids selling lemonade: A cop is required by law and his oath to investigate and report crime, (and to use his discretion in prioritizing his activities.) Selling perishables while not licenced, is a crime. It would be ardorous to make all the exceptions that could be made. There is the issue in law, how detailed the law wants to discriminate the incriminables from the non-incriminables. It all boils down to saving money in drawing up laws that are easier to use than harder.

-- most cops will overlook a couple of kids selling lemonaide, but if their day is slow, they will bust the kids. They have to prioritize, and if there is no crime at that time more important to solve or make an arrest, then the pigs will go after the kids, they are mandated to do so -- both the kids and the cops.

----------

"One guy was thrown out of his own property even after he won the lawsuit against the government."

Okay, not enough information given. He won a lawsuit against the government (there are at least three levels of gov - which you mean?) (and you don't say if he was thrown out for the same reason that generated a suit -- if it was the same reason, what was the suit for? Without that I can neither agree with your consternation nor disagree. I am not going to watch the video.)

-----------

The tree in the yard -- could it have been of the type that houses the asian horned beetle, or the like? Or could it have been planted over a water line or sewage line? Was the tree too close to his house, or to the neighbour's house? or was this an area of severe water shortages, and tree presented a fire hazard, or a danger to wildlife and flora, because it would suck up too much environmental water?

Without details, again, you are not making it clear what we must decide.

--------------

What I see is that the show was aimed at viewers who have little critical ability, who have only a rudimentary sense of reality, and who are not familiar with the extent and breadth of the complexity of today's living in society, and which complex system must be regulated, in order for all of us to get along nicely.

Thanks Wux, I havent watched the video and dont think I need to now.
Most of our laws are made to protect us from something, yep sometimes they might not seem right , but hey nobody is perfect. Its always easier to look at the great job that is done.

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 04:22 AM
I find it very easy to love,
I still love all my ex's. Well at least I still love the men I thought I thought I loved, I may not love what they did, but I dont think you just fall out of love.

So I think you can love many times, each one special, each one different.

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 04:18 AM
Yep if you don;t have some sort of knick name for somebody then they cannot mean anything to you. They would have to that you canot stand. Although we do have names for those as well, but they are better left off the terms of endearment pages.:wink:

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 03:22 AM
Build a ladder. tongue2

josie68's photo
Tue 08/21/12 03:09 AM
Edited by josie68 on Tue 08/21/12 03:11 AM

It's very true what Josie says..

The Aussies like to take a name and jazza it up a bit so that if you go by the name of Darren, you'll soon know you're in the presence of Aussieism when you hear Dazza...or if your name is Barry..it becomes Bazza. Sharon becomes Shazza, Warren becomes Wazza, and so on and so forth. IF, though you happen to be a redhead...then it's just Bluey. Where that came from i have no idea, but ya just go with it.

The term "mate" is used as frequently as one blinks...even when they're pissed off with you. Ha!..you know it's not going to end well when an Aussie says Maaaate. :-)

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
It is soooo funny how most people don't get it over here, honestly americans stare blankly when we talk, it's like we dont talk english or somthing.noway
I don;t know what else you would call someone with red hair, it's just blue, bluey, or rangar what else could you call themwhat

My name is joanne, I have always been called Josie, Jo, Jo Jo or little Jo, only my mother calls me JOANNE and thats only if i am in BIG trouble.
My childrens names are

Amy ... AIM
Michael...Mikey
Aaron....Azza
Jonathan..Jono.
Sarah...SarSar
Josiah...JJ or jazzy

Nobody calls them their real names. I think that is only for marrage and death certificates.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25