Community > Posts By > josie68

josie68's photo
Fri 08/31/12 05:46 PM
Well I have 6 munchkins,

they have job list with 30 jobs on it, each child has to complete their list, which is exactly the same as the other children by Sunday night, they can pick what jobs they do each day as long as every job is finished on time. one is their bedroom. They can swap some of the jobs if they really hate doing something, as they have a swap list, but the bedroom is compulsery.

If they get their jobs done, they get pocket money and no extra work, if they don't their next weekend is spent picking up doggy Poo, and we have a great dane and another dog, so there is lots, and they miss out on their pocket money.

so as my youngest (12) says, he would rather do a few jobs and get his money, then pick up dog poo for free.

But ultimately it's still their choice to be responsible and decide which they would rather, I dont argue with them I dont threaten them, they are 12 to 18 so are all old enough to decide which they would rather do.
It works in our home and they respect that they at least have a choice

josie68's photo
Fri 08/31/12 05:38 PM
Hang in there,
Since I am still in the middle of raising my 6, I have learnt that all we can do is our best, noway sometimes I would like to stangle my munchkins, but I still love them, the same as you do:smile:

don't worry if people judge you, thats part of people's nature, they like to think that they wouldnt think that or do that, but unless someone is in your shoes, they can never know how you feel, why you say something or your intentions when you say it.

flowerforyou flowerforyou

josie68's photo
Fri 08/31/12 05:23 PM

Using your example,

Should we call the people who firmly believe that Santa brought them gifts, liars? I believe we must. To not do so, would in my opinion perpetuate the lie.

no, to label them helps nothing, to INFORM them does,,,

to label them perpetuates bigotry against them and preconceived ideas about their character,,,

and often backfires to just set them more firmly in their beliefs out of the necessity to defend them,,

How does calling someone a liar perpetuate bigotry against them?

on the national, public, and/or political stage it doesnt take much for gossip and labels to follow you throughout life.

once one is labeled a liar the first time, it becomes easier to assert the next time and the next time, until in the public eye it becomes a FACT,, and 'liars' are looked upon negatively

as can be seen in our political discussions,,,,

But isnt that what they are, don't they pretty much have to live a lie, pretending to like people they don't, pretending to care about things just to get a vote, having to act how people want them to and not really showing their true self.
Wouldn't it just be nice to actually know who they were and what their actual opinions where, not just what somebody else has written for them to say.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/31/12 05:18 PM
I married my biggest crush,
But there are a few people on here that I care about and want to meet, eventually.:wink:

josie68's photo
Fri 08/31/12 05:15 PM

For me, nope, I would always be wondering when he would leave for someone younger and prettier, but older is not a worry, then i feel safe:wink:

Older guys will leave a woman for someone younger and prettier too. Its quite common these days.

I believe that to be true too, not an absolute

but usually people who are older who are attracted to the 'younger' are actually more attracted to that persons youth(and by extension how young they feel for being with them)

and not because of who they are

once they are no longer 'youthful' they are easily replaced with another youngun,,,

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOtears tears tears tears tears

Bummer, well that sucks. so much for feeling safe, thanks everyonetongue2

thats why I included 'usually' Jose,, for the exceptions like you..:smile:

:wink: It's ok, I'm not really that insecure, But I do like older more serious men as it tends to balance out my personality.
:thumbsup:

josie68's photo
Fri 08/31/12 05:11 PM

For me, nope, I would always be wondering when he would leave for someone younger and prettier, but older is not a worry, then i feel safe:wink:

Older guys will leave a woman for someone younger and prettier too. Its quite common these days.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dont destroy my fairy tale world, no bad things are allowed to happen in it.

Sorry Josie. My bad. slaphead

laugh :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

josie68's photo
Fri 08/31/12 05:53 AM

I believe that to be true too, not an absolute

but usually people who are older who are attracted to the 'younger' are actually more attracted to that persons youth(and by extension how young they feel for being with them)

and not because of who they are

once they are no longer 'youthful' they are easily replaced with another youngun,,,

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOtears tears tears tears tears

Bummer, well that sucks. so much for feeling safe, thanks everyonetongue2

josie68's photo
Fri 08/31/12 05:51 AM

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dont destroy my fairy tale world, no bad things are allowed to happen in it.

josie68's photo
Thu 08/30/12 06:52 PM

josie68's photo
Thu 08/30/12 02:57 PM
Nah,

It is the intent people have that I tend to look at, really life is built around lies and white lies, after all don't we let our leaders, the people who run our country set the example to us and our children that it's ok to lie and make false promises to get what you want.

josie68's photo
Thu 08/30/12 05:05 AM
How about we make it easy. the first one who doesnt tell a lie wins.

noway Hmmm except we would probably never ever have a winner.

josie68's photo
Tue 08/28/12 02:04 PM
Well I would rather someone get to know me at my worst and then at least they don''t get scared off later.

josie68's photo
Tue 08/28/12 01:59 PM
Edited by josie68 on Tue 08/28/12 02:00 PM

1. She can hold down a job
2. She has no substance abuse problems
3. She had no significant mental health problems.

Yeah, I have had to lower my expectations

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

This could be pretty hard to findtongue2

josie68's photo
Tue 08/28/12 01:51 PM

A heart willing to love.
A man able to forgive.
And someone who laughs with me.

This was your best post to date, ever since I'v known you on the forums, Josie.

You are a poet and a thinker. (Yet light-hearted, not too ambitious, and with a smokey aftertaste of cork and a hint of maple walnut.)

laugh laugh laugh laugh
Life is never perfect, so if you dont aim for perfection, it can actually seem perfectly righttongue2 .
Well thats how I figure it works.

josie68's photo
Tue 08/28/12 01:44 PM
I have 6 children, 4 boys, and since they have been old enough to see over the stove each has had to cook, they got to plan one meal each week and cook it, with a little help from me.

The boys have never had a problem with it and can all cook their own food if they need to, even my 12 year old son can easily cook a meal and all of them enjoy cooking.

So no I don;t like the idea of one person having to do it all, even though that is how my marraiges worked, or didnt work.

I didnt want any of my boys leaving home and not being able to easlily cook themselves a good healthy meal. Or be able to cook one for their family.

I do believe that if the women stays at home and looks after the children, then yep she would have the major role as cook, as she has the time to prepare and have everything ready, but if both are working them both need to get off their butts when they are home and run the kitchen

josie68's photo
Tue 08/28/12 01:34 PM
flowerforyou Thanks , He is so tiny, you just fel helplesssad

:smile:

josie68's photo
Tue 08/28/12 01:33 PM

anyone got a story?

Yes...i replied to a topic on another site whereby the ladies were asked if "size matters"

My response was: I refuse to reply with a definitive answer for fear of being accused by the "politically correct" police as being cocksist.

It's out of control and ridiculous in most cases. Call a fookin spade a shovel and be done with it.

Power, Sister.

The smaller, the better.

Yay. Proud to be a friend of one of the brave ones.

There is strength in small numbers.

Did you know that there is no small number? If you pick any number, there is still an infinite number of smaller numbers than that, exactly as there are bigger numbers than that.

E pluribus unum. In unity, force. Not in "duality force" or "in multiplicity, force". The smaller, the more forceful.

It is the zero that can't devide other numbers.

Keep looking out for numera una, baby!!

Ok how about we make it easy and get a stick, anything smaller is a small number andything bigger is a big number:wink:

josie68's photo
Tue 08/28/12 01:29 PM

anyone got a story?

Yes...i replied to a topic on another site whereby the ladies were asked if "size matters"

My response was: I refuse to reply with a definitive answer for fear of being accused by the "politically correct" police as being cocksist.

It's out of control and ridiculous in most cases. Call a fookin spade a shovel and be done with it.

laugh laugh laugh rofl rofl rofl
I have never met anyone with a really small onenoway and I'm not being mean but i am thankful because i don't want to know what I would think. I would probably get embarrassed and laugh.
My Political stand would have to be that largish is fine:wink:

josie68's photo
Tue 08/28/12 01:24 PM
Edited by josie68 on Tue 08/28/12 01:25 PM

Just needing a few prayers today, my new Grandbaby Caleb is having trouble breathing, they have put him on an incubator, He is still ok but not great, and his Mum has needed a blood transfusion as she is not great eaithernoway

Thanks heaps everyone.:thumbsup:

josie68's photo
Tue 08/28/12 01:21 PM
I am thinking about you Mikey and sending my love.flowerforyou :heart:

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25