josie68's photo
Thu 08/16/12 02:21 PM
He joined on yours and you joined on minetongue2

josie68's photo
Thu 08/16/12 02:13 PM
Nope, beauty loved the beasttongue2

josie68's photo
Thu 08/16/12 02:12 PM

cultural misunderstandings: If you say to a Hungarian, "your mother is a whore" he will kill you.

If you bump into him inadvertentl and quite innocently in a crowded bar, he will try to kill you.

If he mistakes you for his nemesis in the village pub, already slushed, you might as well go out and by yourself that wreath you've always wanted.

If you screw his wife, he takes the day off and goes out fishing.

----------------

I did not wake up as a new immigrant soon enough that you can't call people "stupid" to their faces in Canada. In Hungary it's not an insult, it's rather a voiced disapproval of an action or decision, but it's not an insult.

If you correct someone's grammar in Hungary, in Germany, in the states of the former Yugoslavia, in the states of the former Chechoslovakia, or in the states of the former Soviet Union, then the person being corrected apologises for his mistake, and thanks you for correcting him. This is not a joke at all. This is how it is. There, and in Western Europe, to not know his own language perfectly by a citizen is a sign of limited patriotism, of failure in patriotic behaviour. Tons of hapless dyslexic boys and girls got the strap in their schooling,from grade one all the way up to the Ph.D. and post-graduate levels, if they put a LY instead of a J in writing. They were pronounced the same, otherwise Hungarian is a phonetically correct language. In America, if you correct someone's English, they look at you dirty, or call you an azzole and declare that spelling correctily is only for nobody, who cares.

In Europe, to be sure in some Eastern European countries, until recent times there were no laws against wife beating. The term "domestic violence" did not exist in the law books. When in the last ten-twenty years domestic rape and kid-beating became illegal, the stand-up comedians had a field day making fun of those laws. There used to be an old folk wisdom-like proverb, "money is good when you count it, wife is good when you beat her."

Local racial discrimination is rampant in Hungary to this day. Jews have a bad rep, but they are allowed to practice trade, academics, medicine, anything. Hating Jews in Hungary is a tradition, but it lost its bite. Now what's bad is hating Gypsys. It's worse right now in Hungary to be a Gypsy, in terms of being barred from opportunities that regular citizens get, than to be a black man in America. Jimi Hendrix therefore gave his last album the title "Band of Gyspys" spelled as such, as he felt great affinity for Hungarian Gypsies as an American Black. Most, almost all valid cases of immigration to Canada from Hungary and from similar types of countries is done by Gyspies, coz they can easily and successfully prove they are discriminated against. Gypsies are repped as thieves, but nobody knows if they indeed thieve more than the average magyar.

Theft was a complete disgrace in the culture, until communism came in in 1948, and then everything became the property of the state, except your clothes and your furniture, and then later your car. So to steal, meant to steal from the State, not from an individual, and that gave a huge moral and ethical green light to the birth of a thieving nation.

Magyar = Hungarian, jol = good, appropriate, "well behaved magy" (notice the short form) is "well hung".

Hungarians have no concept that their nationality's name is so close to the English word hunger, much like Mr. Lipshitz does not know what his name means in English, or Mr. Kant, or Mr. Farkass. "Fak" is simply a small wooded area. Shitt is the prison or jail in slang, and pee means pee. That word is universal in all languages, or aunt Pipi (pronounced pee-pee) used to say so, as she forbade us to call her on her nickname every time we visited.

I am fifty percent Jew, fifty percent Hungarian, and my thinking mode is mostly Hungarian, but I still hate them with a passion. They are an argumentative, arrogant bunch, I present as their rather very toned down equivalent. But I mostly hate them for their brutally bigoted and obnoxiously prejudiced values that they don't even think can be challenged. In my last trip home, we were walking down the street in Budapest, and the hubby of a very own cousin of mine all of a sudden started to publicly curse and debase a bunch of gypsys whom I did not even notice, because they were dressed regularly. It was a very stomach-churning experience, I wanted to die of embarrassment, and then I never again went back to that pispot country.

You have just illustrated how out of touch Americans are to the real world out there. This country is full of know it alls who don't.

I love it when Americans are in other countries and they declare "I am an American and I have rights." Well, it is true, you have the rights they afford to foreigners and not the rights afforded to Americans.

A friend of mine is Jamaican. He has a relative who is a police officer IN Jamaica. I asked him if Americans were indeed the rudest tourists out there. It turns out we are not. It turns out there at least we are the most ANNOYING! When an American screws up there the first thing they usually say is "I am an American, I have rights," and his reply to that is , "You are not in America and I suggest you shut up now before you learn that the hard way."

rofl rofl rofl Americans have rights here, The right to go home, the same as any visitor.
I have never understood why anyone thinks they have a right to demand anything.
The only right anyone really has is to help themselves.:smile:

josie68's photo
Thu 08/16/12 02:02 PM
:smile: I think it depends on how you are brought up as well, I have found that Australians and people from NZ don't tend to be as careful of what we say, maybe because we can speak freely without others judging us, or maybe that we just dont care if nobody agrees with us or doesnt like us.

It's probably the same way we tackle a relationship, just have a go and see what happens, if it doesnt work then no worries we havent lost anything,
But not everyone tackles the world that way.

Others tend to tread carefully and test the waters first.

Hmmmm could be why I have made so many mistakestongue2

josie68's photo
Thu 08/16/12 01:51 PM
I doesnt matter to me.

I cannot sleep alone, I hate it. i sleep tucked up next to my husband or cuddled up to a giant pink puppy dog.

I rarely move but if i have had a few hours sleep and wake up, thats it, I stay away and either read or jump on the computer.

If my man is snoring to loud, I roll him over and if that doesnt work I cuddle up next to him and read a book, thankfully he doesnt get grumpy or wake if I turn the light on.

If he goes to bed before me because he is working and I'm not, I just cuddle up and read, no big deal, I would just rather be near him than anywhere else, so we work it out.

And if I am tired and he isnt then I just fall asleep with my head on his lap and go to bed when he does. problems fixed.

josie68's photo
Wed 08/15/12 05:25 AM

josie68's photo
Wed 08/15/12 05:12 AM

josie68's photo
Wed 08/15/12 05:10 AM
:wink: Yep and I am so thankful that he is nothing like them.
I have to be the absolute worst picker of men in the world.

When I came to mingle, my 13 year old daughter and 15 year old sone picked out the people who I should talk to..noway

flowerforyou Thankfully my daughter picked out my hubby, she has way sense than me.

josie68's photo
Tue 08/14/12 01:55 PM

Yep most things are sentinmental , just cause they make you feel better, which makes things easier

As for undies, dont wear the things, I have never been able to see any reason for women to need them. its not like we have anything to hold in.noway

According to my calculations usign the above hypothesis, pregnant women would be well advised to always wear undies. Something might drop out, something the woman does not necessarily want to lose on the streetcar or on her way to the polling station. Pollinating station. Repollinating station.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Hmmm I cant see anyone dropping a baby without knowing it was about to fall out.
It's a wee bit bigger than a wallettongue2 and from the stories I have heard, not a very pleasant experience.noway

josie68's photo
Tue 08/14/12 01:50 PM
It's never fun to work alone, so with a relationship if you are both working together to make it work it will work.
But if either is working alone it can be a long hard journey.

Face value is worth nothing, if you don't really care, smile and move on.

josie68's photo
Tue 08/14/12 03:40 AM

josie68's photo
Tue 08/14/12 03:37 AM
Edited by josie68 on Tue 08/14/12 03:39 AM

josie68's photo
Tue 08/14/12 03:29 AM
Yep I believe in God,
Fairies, Lepricons ( which I cant spell), spirits and many other things.
I guess I figure there is some relevance in most things.

But God and Jesus have pretty much molded me in my beliefs of what is right and wrong..

Followers of God have turned me away from church and religion with their rightiousness and condemnation in the name of God.

Fairytales have taught me that it's much better to be the nice person than the wicked witch.

josie68's photo
Tue 08/14/12 03:18 AM
I have found a few not on mingle, but when my hubby visited Australia.

Firstly he almost died when he saw women sitting breast feeding in public. For some reason he became very embarrased, so much so that one of our friends waited to get home to feed her baby what what
so i am guessing that it is not normal in some parts of America for women to feed babies in publicnoway I have six children and never thought twice about feeding it is just natural. Well so I thought.
Here in hospitals formula is not encouraged at all.

We also thought he was rude as we live in a not very busy place and while we where all standing back waiting for our things at the airport, he just sort of pushed in front of people and grabbed our stuffnoway We all hid in embarrrassment, to us it seemed very rude to not just wait. Until we arrived in America and found that at LA airport we would have had to wait forever, which we just about didnoway

The other things was when we went anywhere for some reason he thought we would be served or asked if we needed help. here you pretty much help yourself, nobody normally has the staff to run around after you without you ask them to.
But when we visited America, wherever you went people helped you .

josie68's photo
Mon 08/13/12 02:28 PM
Yep most things are sentinmental , just cause they make you feel better, which makes things easier

As for undies, dont wear the things, I have never been able to see any reason for women to need them. its not like we have anything to hold in.noway

josie68's photo
Mon 08/13/12 02:21 PM
:smile:

I always trust. I always get broken. It is the wheel of life it seems.

Me to, but it's worth it, I wouldnt love if I didnt trust

josie68's photo
Mon 08/13/12 01:14 AM
Yep when you have something else to think about.

The mind is a pain in the butt at times.

But really I try not to think about death.

Why dont you just write your daughters an email and let them know how much you love them, that way at least you are doing something while you are thinking about them. :wink:

I love getting emails from my Mum or Dad, it just reminds me that they love me. Even though I know it.

josie68's photo
Mon 08/13/12 01:09 AM
I'm not really sure, I think part is looking forward and not back.

Deciding that you are going to give people a chance without constantly looking for something to be wrong.

Trust has to be given but also earned, it's giving people the benefit of the doubt.

But I think the main thing is looking at it and saying well this may hurt but i am going to give it a go. Life is just an up and down roller coaster of being hurt. Stick on a band aid and keep going :wink:

josie68's photo
Mon 08/13/12 01:05 AM

I wish the bobbitt thing would go away

It was extreme to say the least what she did, and i find nothing laughable about that.

sorry I don;t even know who she is, or what exactly happened, I was just joking.flowerforyou

josie68's photo
Mon 08/13/12 01:01 AM
Hey there Captain,

Cant help at all but just remember you are never alone, you have a whole computer full of friends who love and care about you.

She'll be right mate.

I could send you some more vegemite to make you feel better, Tim Tams or Milo flowerforyou