Community > Posts By > josie68

josie68's photo
Mon 08/06/12 03:55 AM
If they love you in the first email, thats a pretty good sign that they are scammers

josie68's photo
Sun 08/05/12 01:01 AM
Oh Dear, sometimes you make it all sound so confusing..

Obviously Jesus was a man, if he wasn't there would be no point us even trying to be like him, it wouldn't be possible for us to be God, that would be to difficult.

Jesus is Gods son, but we are also his children, so we should be the same.

josie68's photo
Sun 08/05/12 12:55 AM

If she pushes her fingers through her hair, she is looking to get your attention.

My fringe is typically in my eyes, I either blow it out of them or run my fingers through it. It would matter if I had a mob of sheep in front of me or a man, I still wouldn't be trying to get their attention. If I wan't attention I straight out talk to the person.

If she touches the edge of the glass with her fingers, Freudian psychologists often interpret it as a sexual sign.

Nope, I tap on my glass, normally because I don't like to sit still and do nothing, if I'm not tapping the glass I will be tapping the table.

If a woman wets her lips quite frequently, it’s either out of habit or desire to get you to pay attention to her lips and sooner or later kiss her.

Nope, it would be from to much sun.

When a woman is biting her lips, do not interrupt her – everything’s alright. But sometimes, when she’s biting them, you may assume that she’s nervous. Why? Perhaps you are staring at her too inquisitively, or she is subtly flirting with you.

I bite my lips when I am thinking, so if I was biting them, I am probably bored and trying to work out a way to escape.

Eye the eyes. According to famous experts of the topic and authors of cheap romantic stories, the fast movement of the eye-lashes is the sign of women who like to conquer men of their own accord.

rofl rofl rofl rofl Or I have dust in them.

Check out the legs. Researchers of body language emphasize that when a woman frequently crosses her legs or let them swing, is also a sexually charged movement.

Ok if I am swinging my lips i am bored or have had to sit to long,

Look at her feet. If her feet are pointed at you, this means she is interested in you. But, if not, tell her something that will catch her attention.

Pleae tell me you are Joking, my feet always point in the same direction.

Honestly perhaps some women may do this, but really where I live, I think the men would have no idea what you where up to, if you lick your lips you have been in the sun to long, if you flutter your eyes, you probably have something in them, If you sit with your legs open you are probably a man.
We are pretty much simple bush people and if you like someone you say so what you see is what you get.

josie68's photo
Sat 08/04/12 03:28 PM

Thanks again. Good advice. None of it works. I have tried it all.

You could always vidoe her and run it back to show her what she sounds like.

josie68's photo
Sat 08/04/12 05:56 AM
Edited by josie68 on Sat 08/04/12 05:57 AM

13 and female :-)

13 is a hard age, it's right when they start to think they are grown enough to make their own decisions.
I found it was best to let them as long as we talked about it first and as long as they where not putting themselves into danger.
Do Not Argue, ever, if she tries to argue with you, then just let her know that you will speak to her when she is ready to listen like an adult. They want to be seen as adults, but she needs to realise that if she wants to be treated like an adult she neds to act like one. That means discussing not arguing.
Don't punish in any way that you wont be able to carry out. Whatever you decide to do make sure that you can follow through, my children where easy as they have never said no when they where told to do something, or to not do something, Normally for me punishment is cleaning or missing out on something that is important to them.

Also a reward system is always good. If she can go for a few days without arguing with her, reward her. Tell her how happy you are that she has listened to you and let her go to the movies or somewhere with her friends, or have a friend over.

The thing is you know your daughter better than anyone, so only you will be able to decide what may work..

I wish they handed out instruction books with every child.

josie68's photo
Sat 08/04/12 04:49 AM
How old and what sex, they all react so diffently, Do they have a light personality or do they tend to withdraw into themselves.

josie68's photo
Sat 08/04/12 04:33 AM
Edited by josie68 on Sat 08/04/12 04:34 AM
Bummer hate it when I double postnoway

josie68's photo
Sat 08/04/12 04:32 AM
Edited by josie68 on Sat 08/04/12 04:34 AM
Ok, if this was me all that stuff it really wouldn't have helped.

I have faith in lots of things.

I have faith in my husband, because I know him, I know he loves me and will be there for me.

I have faith in my parents because they have always been there for me.

For me my faith in God is exactly the same.

Firstly I believe totally that he is real, I never question it. I think that is the main thing, if you are not 100% sure that God is there, you cannot have faith. Then it is just a maybe.

My faith in God is sometimes shaken, not that he is there, but what sort of God he actually is.

Does he love me, yep i believe he does, so I have faith that he want's what is best for me.

Will he change my life and make everything better.. Nope I don't actually believe he will. Simply because he gave us free will, so he is not going to change every bad decision I make or that someone else makes that may effect me. So I don't have faith that he will give me money or fix everything I ask him to.

I do believe that he can use things that happen in our lives to make us stronger if we let him. I have faith that he is with me when things are going wrong and that I can find comfort in his strenght. However I don't know how this happens I just seem to be able to find peace from believing this, that is part of my faith, trusting that he is there with me and that I can make it through.

I look back through my life and know that my faith, ( My belief in God and knowing that he is with me) has made things so much easier, not him actually doing anything. But the faith to let things go and not hold on to anger, upset, to be able to forgive without questioning, to be able to love easily, to not be upset if I don't have something, or things go wrong and to love getting up every morning, knowing that whatever happens I know that things will be OK.

Bummer but after saying all that I still don't know where it comes from, perhaps it is just having the ability to believe.
happy

josie68's photo
Sat 08/04/12 04:12 AM

Says the person with a 69 in a username.

i guess that the year i was born don't help my situation at all.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Glad I was born in 68, I wouldnt have even thought of not putting 69 on their.noway

josie68's photo
Sat 08/04/12 04:10 AM
I love my kids, they are my best friends and are all wonderful... Not that I am biased.

josie68's photo
Sat 08/04/12 04:08 AM
I have never really had any of my children outright defy me.

But there where always and still are consequences for their actions, which if needed is always carried through.

My 16 year old son is probably the one who I have the hardest time with.
However the rules in our home are that you are allowed your freedom as long as you show me you are responsible. He always has to let me know where he is. If he is going to be late he lets me know, if he steals, causes trouble, bullies anyone, or I have any complaints from the school or anyone else about his behaviour.
Then he goes from having freedom, to being treated like a 6 year old for 6 months. So far he has never stepped out of line, but at the same time, I don't nag him, as long as he does his jobs and treats me and everyone else with respect then he can pretty much do what he likes.

I believe in freedom within boundaries, my children talk about pretty much everything. If they do not think something is fair they can discuss it with me, however after we discuss it, if I am wrong then it's changed if I am not then they do what they are told.

Their is NEVER ever allowed to be arguing with MUM, they can talk to me and tell me I am wrong, they are young adults so an opinion is a good thing, but they have to learn that if they argue then they will face some sort of punishment because of their actions.

Anyway it has seemed to work with my 6 children, and they range from 12 to 22, let them know that you care, that you are fair but that you are still the boss.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/03/12 03:25 PM

Having my degree in Psychology, I rarely take studies at face value. Most psychological studies are set up to show a positive or negative correlation between two things, not causation which is much more difficult to "prove", statistically speaking. Methods are a key component that can put the validity and reliability of the study in doubt.

I personally think that spanking should be used sparingly, if at all. I've studied learning and behavior extensively, and while I'm not an expert, I've used what I learned to make the most logical decisions about many facets of life.

Spanking is usually performed when a parent is frustrated with a child's actions. The child however thinks the parent is upset with them (very young children are incapable of distinguishing between themeselves and their actions), and the consequence is physical punishment often involving some degree of pain and fear for the child. An association is then developed between frustration and pain and fear. When the child then faces their own frustration, the link already established and enforced through repeated exposure kicks in and the child will lash out with what they have been taught...to react in a way that causes pain and fear to the person that has frustrated them. Just one example of how it can be detrimental.

Disclaimer: This doesn't mean that I think parents who spank are abusive. It can be effective if done properly and only as a last resort, but most parents don't do that. They just give the whipping, or spoon, or smack while in an angry state with little explanation whenever the child does something "wrong".

Yep I have to agree, most people seem to smack their children after they become frustrated or upset, not so much as a consequence.
We had a rule that if you purposefully hurt someone you got a smack.

If you broke something you replaced it and if you where rude you got to work for the person you where rude to for a certain time.

For us it worked.

josie68's photo
Fri 08/03/12 03:06 PM

josie68...I agree. I think we all have different temperments. I'm my "Dad's daughter" in the sense that I have a "secret lion" that sits inside of me. The "lion" only comes out when needed...My "lion" doesn't "rage" at people like my Dad could do...My "lion" prefers to "stay grounded" in logic and reason and put people in "their place" in more socially acceptable ways!.. How does your son handle things? Thanks for your posts.

My son has a really quick temper, but has learnt to walk away from whatever makes him angry, he is 17 now 300 pounds and is a strong boy, so learning to control his anger was really important. He still gets angry but doesnt take it out on people.

josie68's photo
Thu 08/02/12 03:01 PM
I had mine on my profile, they are well protected and are on facebook, if someone was interested in me they needed to see what they where getting themselves into

josie68's photo
Thu 08/02/12 02:28 PM
Edited by josie68 on Thu 08/02/12 02:34 PM

I rarely get angry, without someone hurts my children, and if that happens I fix it. I don't see any point in staying cranky. It just ends up making people unhappy, I would much rather laugh things off and stay happy.
Happy birthday! Have fun!...I'm like you. I want to find a way to get back to being happy before too long..."Suffering" and staying mad is just not my "bag!"...It's weird. Some people paint themselves as "victims" or "martyrs" and take pride in "suffering" and being miserable and angry all the time. And they blame others for their misery and unhappiness and "bad breaks" in life...It's hard to understand why they want to remain in this "state." Don't you think?.. Maybe it's all about taking revenge. If they got their life "together" and decided to be happy (for a change) they would have to let go of their grudges. (And their desire to "punish" the so-called "sinners" who hurt or betrayed them.)

I figure whatever happens in life makes us stronger, we each have a different personality, some are calmer, some get angrier quicker, I see this with my chilren, all have been brought up the same, yet some anger quickly some rarely.

Because I am more placid there are things that I am not great at, while my son who tends to be more forceful is great backup in trouble. So everything works together to make things work out fine. :smile:

josie68's photo
Thu 08/02/12 02:23 PM

I rarely get angry, without someone hurts my children, and if that happens I fix it. I don't see any point in staying cranky. It just ends up making people unhappy, I would much rather laugh things off and stay happy.

Would you let yourself be used as a doormat just to keep the peace? Or, if someone ripped you off and refused to pay you back? Or, if doctors told you that a loved one is fine when you know very well that they're not? Or, if somebody cut you off whilst driving, causing you to see your life flash before your eyes and a mini heart attack?

Shux Josie, what world do you live in and is there room for us angry people, or me rather, seeing as how I'm the only one that appears to get angry over stuff :-)

Oooo...happy birthday btw, hope you got spoilt flowerforyou :smile:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Doormat Hmmmm Yep I think I have been refered to in that context beforetongue2
I figure if someone rips me off then they needed it more then me, If I don't agree with a doctor i go to another and another, I dont get angry but I dont give up:wink: Other drivers never worry me.

My world is pretty peaceful, I don;t plan on letting it change, even if I have to hide my head in the sand for the rest of my lifetongue2

josie68's photo
Thu 08/02/12 02:15 PM

I didn't see how I could tell my sons not to hit each other (or other kids) if I spanked (or hit them) myself...I always tried to encourage them to find ways to "talk out" their differences. And I found other ways to discipline them when need be...When my oldest son was around 5 or so he asked me why grown-ups start wars and kill each other. He said that adults tell kids not to "fight" but adults think they can do whatever they want.

:smile: My children fight (obviously since there are 6) but although I teach them that violence is not Ok, I have also taught them to stick up for themselves and others. So if they need to step in and help someone and it means they need to use force, then so be it.smokin

josie68's photo
Thu 08/02/12 01:14 PM

I used to say yes, but now I love where I live, so I'd really have to think hard about it. And it would certainly depend on where I'd be relocating to.

If it was just across the country I would say yes definately.. But to another country, sadly it's just not possible. Too many responsibilities keep me tied down.:wink:

josie68's photo
Thu 08/02/12 01:05 PM
I guess you put however you see yourself. So its a personal thing. It's a little like trying to describe your own personality.:smile:

josie68's photo
Thu 08/02/12 01:03 PM

Happy Birthday Josie. It looks like we share the same birthday. Hope its a good one.flowerforyou

happy happy happy happy happy happy happy