Community > Posts By > winterblue56

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/13/12 06:33 PM
Think I need to be getting to bed!...I have to work in the morning slaphead

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/13/12 06:29 PM
These are my Beanpot Birthday Candles w/necklace

My Native American Quilt

This one I made and sold to a woman who gave it to her son in the Army.

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/13/12 06:17 PM

Gymnastics...and this is the pic I want on my autobiography cover. Hello boys smokin

It drained my parents finances. I coulda been da best! I got so far into it. Coulda been a contenda, coulda been SOMEbody ohwell

I loved gymnastics in High School. My favorite was the uneven bars. I was pretty good at them once upon a time happy

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/13/12 06:12 PM

as a hobby, drag racing is expensive and most times, no payback. after spending thousands of dollars, you could win a trophy and bragging rights

I love going to Milan Dragway! The sound alone sends shivers...and I got to watch Sheryl Muldowney race once bigsmile

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/13/12 06:08 PM

How do you feel about being "parts out"? Does it offend you??

That was something I grew up with also...love the whistles! This is a great time of year for us Michigan women...lots of construction going on bigsmile . They see my big....yellow...

school bus ...and they are waving and smiling laugh biggrin

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/13/12 04:51 PM
Blessings to you and your father :heart:

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/13/12 04:26 PM

Jesus H Christ! Will you two quit poking each other with sticks! frustrated

Great....now they're gonna move this thread to the Religion forum.

laugh

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/13/12 04:18 PM

My 2nd cousin and her partner (gay) tore out the walls of their house and do all the remodeling.

I am no longer a DIY. Does that mean I'm not manly anymore? What about all the things I've done in life considered "manly?"

I think the term is out of vogue. Or something.

I don't think being a DIY anymore means you are not manly. As I said; its just labeling and I think its silly to do that.

You still are masculine because you are a man. That's all that I was refering to ^^^^ up there somewhere.

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/13/12 04:09 PM

Interesting that even in 2012, we still refer to feminine and masculine tendencies. What constitutes what is considered masculine or feminine anyways? I would think in this day and age we have gotten past putting labels on what is considered masculine and feminine.

mas, masculus = male
femina, femininus = female

I'm fine with keeping the labels happy

:wink: flowerforyou

So you think that even today, males and females should still have completely separate roles?

I think it fine <by me> if a male is "labeled" as masculine and a female is "labeled" as feminine.

winterblue56's photo
Thu 01/12/12 07:25 AM

I agree with your yin and yang energy. I just didn't feel the need to post anything towards it. If you look at energy being dispersed throughout the atmosphere, than anyone's can have an effect on another person who is willing to "ingest" it <for a better word>. And if there is a possibility of other lives, than we may have been a woman or a man in another life, which may lead us to have either masculine or feminine tendencies.

Interesting that even in 2012, we still refer to feminine and masculine tendencies. What constitutes what is considered masculine or feminine anyways? I would think in this day and age we have gotten past putting labels on what is considered masculine and feminine.

mas, masculus = male
femina, femininus = female

I'm fine with keeping the labels happy

:wink: flowerforyou

winterblue56's photo
Wed 01/11/12 10:33 AM

So you think the person who said those traits were masculine were referring to those cultures?

I never said that.

Although I did point out to her that her explanation did fit the concept of Yin and Yang, though she may not have realized it at the time.

The important thing to remember about Yin and Yang is that it is about balancing opposing aspects, and that can be accomplished a myriad of ways, both internally and externally.

All people are considered to have both Yin and Yang energy. Men are generally considered to have more Yang than Yin, though the ratio may be different from man to man. The same is true of women, who are considered to have more Yin than Yang. But the ratio is not static. It can change throughout a person's life, much like Testosterone and Estrogen can fluctuate throughout our lives.

Ok, but I was asking what was discussed in this thread that specifically had to do with other cultures. Your response didn't make a lot of sense, as I didn't see anyone referring the cultures you referenced.

Honestly, Singmesweet, I'm not trying to offend you, but sometimes you over-analyze things way too much.

I was just pointing out that what someone described as masculine qualities is actually how some parts of the world define masculinity. So yes, there are people who do believe that confidence, assertiveness, and getting what one wants are masculine traits, not feminine ones. Therefore, women who possess those traits will be regarded as a bit too manly in some countries.

In some parts of the world, women who demonstrate a strong will may be punished severely by the men in their families. It happens in India, throughout many regions of South America, in parts of Africa, and many other places. In many Asian cultures, women are expected to be demure and to serve their men. It has long been more acceptable for men to be unfaithful than it is for women, for it was regarded as a fundamental difference in nature between the two genders. Look at Sharia Law in some Muslim regions, and how they will punish by stoning to death a 14 yr old girl for allowing herself to be raped. Some parts of the world still have some backward thoughts concerning gender roles.

It has only been in recent decades that women in such countries have begun to rebel and reject these traditional ideas. Talk to women from the Philippines. You'll find there is a split in opinion concerning traditional values, yet the majority of young women still cling to the tradition of abstinence prior to marriage. However, whereas their mothers and grandmothers refused to leave an abusive or cheating husband, many younger women will no longer put up with such behavior from a man.

So, you are reading too much into what I wrote.

And sadly, when you do something like this you paint a false picture of another person for anyone who enters the thread to see. That is part of the reason why some people become upset with the questions you pose. You sometimes make a false assumption, and don't even seem to realize you've done so until someone points it out to you.

AL, I commend your patience and tact.

I agree with your yin and yang energy. I just didn't feel the need to post anything towards it. If you look at energy being dispersed throughout the atmosphere, than anyone's can have an effect on another person who is willing to "ingest" it <for a better word>. And if there is a possibility of other lives, than we may have been a woman or a man in another life, which may lead us to have either masculine or feminine tendencies.

winterblue56's photo
Tue 01/10/12 05:44 PM
May God Bless You and your Grandmother :heart:

winterblue56's photo
Tue 01/10/12 05:38 PM

Thank you MorningSong.

Something was said at the funeral yesterday that I have clung to since a child when my mom died.

God wanted them in heaven. That they were too good for the evil on this earth.

On one hand this does comfort, yet on the other hand God could take away the folks that are evil and send them to where they belong. Less evil on earth so the good ones can stay. I am just saying.

My mind is a wicked thing lately.

I don't think that that's how it works sweetie, I wish it was tho. Everything on this earth and beyond is as how it sould be. The evil is here to teach us about the good. The earth is the hardest life to live, according to the 'old souls' because the lessons are so hard. They also say it's the most rewarding, in that there is so much love and beauty and the bonds we make with our loved ones last forever and ever.

winterblue56's photo
Tue 01/10/12 05:20 PM

PRAYER FOR THE SICK

Father of goodness and love, hear our prayers for the sick members of our community and for all who are in need. Amid mental and physical suffering may they find consolation in your healing presence. Show your mercy as you close wounds, cure illness, make broken bodies whole and free downcast spirits. May these special people find lasting health and deliverance, and so join us in thanking you for all your gifts. We ask this through the Lord Jesus who healed those who believed. Amen.
:heart: AMEN....

Amen. God's Blessing's to you (((Mikey)))

winterblue56's photo
Tue 01/10/12 05:14 PM
I don't go out and specifically look for men that know how to use power tools, can wrench a car or bike or know how to use a hammer; but I do find it admirable when he will take the time to learn how to fix the bathroom sink, change an electrical outlet or change the oil in the car...and those are the simple fix-er-uppers.

It's not so much as having the ability, but wanting to learn something new for the sake of expanding their minds <men and woman alike>. I'm a fix-it person and don't think I would be comfortable in a relationship where I'm up on the roof and my significant other is on the couch eating bon-bons laugh . Nor would I want to be eating bon-bons while my other is in the kitchen cooking. Life is a "give and take" and "share and share alike". It's a "blending" of lives...work together to get the job done flowerforyou .

winterblue56's photo
Sun 01/08/12 05:34 PM

All these sports cats make waaaay too much to even have such a debate. No one in life should take more than what they need. I get so annoyed hearing about these overpaid "icons" it makes me too bitter to conjure a response.

drinker

winterblue56's photo
Sun 01/08/12 05:28 PM
....and this bigsmile

winterblue56's photo
Sun 01/08/12 05:22 PM

There is a difference between ecologically responsible use of resources and the idiotic paranoia that WE are destroying the planet.And there are medical breakthroughs everyday, where is medical science suffering? Sure, the rainforests should be protected, but not at the expense of reasonable progress. Besides which. The destruction YOU refer to is caused, in most cases, by locals; native nationals to that region and not by some malicious entity from the outside. You want to stop this destruction you suppose we're doing; stop buying products made in china, stop buying from walmart. china honors nothing in the way of responsible use of resources and doesn't intend to, and walmart merchandise is almost exclusively bought from and/or made in china..........then what are you gonna do?

I try very hard not to buy chit from China...including alot of the foods they are sending now. I don't shop at Wallyworld either. It will take a "conscience" effort from everyone to stop the direction that people, and our planet are heading. That is the biggest reason that I recycle...almost everything. I grow my garden, can my food, if I'm in need of something for the house, I go to garage sales & yard sales and refurbish old to make new. I'm an optomist. Nature is way more powerful than anything and will survive at any cost. But we are all part of it; and believe it or not, one person can move a mountain flowerforyou

winterblue56's photo
Sun 01/08/12 04:44 PM

My mom went into a nursing home today, and she is still quite weak. My stepdad was admitted to a hospital for pneumonia, but this was a blessing in a way since he would have care and we hope he will be united with his wife soon. I went to see him today and he told me to please go shopping for a card for my mom so she knows he loves her. I will take the card to him for him to sign it. It brings tears to my eyes knowing they found each other a long time ago, and they worked to keep their marriage through the good and bad. Bottom line is when it's all said and done their love was the biggest asset they had.

My mom told her sister she felt this time she wouldn't make it. I can see she is tired and worn out. Going into a nursing home isn't going to be easy for either of them, but I believe if they have each other then there is a better chance for them both.

You have a very sweet family Mystique and you seem like a sweetheart also. I hope everything works out in the way that you want it too. All you need to do is ask and your guides/angles are there to help you. Hugs and blessings to you, your sweet child, your mother and step=father :heart: :heart:

winterblue56's photo
Sun 01/08/12 04:23 PM

Is Mike's last name, "Hunt"?

OMG...that movie was hilarious!

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25