Community > Posts By > winterblue56

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/06/12 05:22 PM
I love that show and cry everytime too. It hits home for me thinking that there are so many others that have it so much harder in life then I do. Blessing to you Liz flowerforyou

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/06/12 04:35 PM

..you just hit 30.

You step out of a gas station after buying a pack of smokes and you accidentally bump into a, guessing, 16-year old girl who was walking with her boyfriend who appeared to be at least of legal age.

I immediately apologized, for it is my nature,to which she chimed out;

"Hey, watch it old timer!"

Me, being the guy that I am, took offense to this, but I remained cool; mainly cause I won't hit a girl, and f*** up her day. So, instead of resorting to violence, as it is the male gene to do so, I instead stated in a perplexed state;

"Excuse me?"

This was when, Mr. Macho or so he claimed, would step forward and in front of her blocking my line of sight. I saw him clench a fist, even went as far to furrow his brows.

"You heard the lady. Back off before I hit you so hard you'll have to collect disability twice."

OK, now, I am beyond offended and I set down my bag. I looked him dead in the eye, tilted my head so he could hear the cracks.

"Try it, youngster, and I'll hit you back so hard I'll knock the Earth of it's axis, and your future children will all talk with a lisp."

The girl now seemed frightened, perhaps realizing, I wasn't as old as I seemed? Regardless, she tugged at his sleeve, my eyes remained on him, unblinking, unwavering, and most certainly unafraid. He just clicked his teeth at me, as they trotted inside.

Still, I was offended.. and rather upset.

Getting called an 'old-timer' at 30? Psh, I don't even think I look that 'old'.

Needless to say..

I keyed his bright cherry mustang with the words, 'M almost f****d up your day.'

...just curious if I over reacted?

But now I know what the older generation meant when I was kid, when they use to say;

"Kids these days, they just have no respect."

I'm sorry Grandma, and Grandpa...

If only I knew then.. what I know now.

RIP.

I got years ahead of me yet..
..but I'll see you both then.

Karma. It comes in all shapes and forms. You did what you had to do at the time.

winterblue56's photo
Fri 01/06/12 04:04 PM
Wonderful! How'd you do it?

winterblue56's photo
Thu 01/05/12 07:15 PM

After a few e-mails or chats I will usually offer my cell # to a woman instead of asking for hers. This is the internet after all and I want to make the woman a little more at ease by offering my # and letting her know she can block her # if she would like. Can't be too careful these days.

Second smart and caring man on mingle today.

And I was aiming for first! flowers waving

Now there's a first....a guy that aims. I thought we just used The Force when going the bathroom!

I thought that was only when you need to read our minds? spock bigsmile

winterblue56's photo
Thu 01/05/12 07:13 PM

After a few e-mails or chats I will usually offer my cell # to a woman instead of asking for hers. This is the internet after all and I want to make the woman a little more at ease by offering my # and letting her know she can block her # if she would like. Can't be too careful these days.

Second smart and caring man on mingle today.

Nice new pic happy

winterblue56's photo
Thu 01/05/12 07:03 PM

i whore out my number like crazy.
i get plenty of numbers in messages too.
sometimes i want to take them and give them out to other guys who ask for my number.
win-win, no?

laugh

winterblue56's photo
Thu 01/05/12 06:28 PM
Actually...I'm a recycler biggrin . I love reusing anything and everything that I can. I love making something that is used and abused brand new. You may all think I'm crazy but I believe everything on this planet has some sort of energy; and if it's directed on a positive path, it smiles, I smile, the world smiles. I think it's a darn shame that very little is valued anymore. If everyone did just a little bit to preserve this planet and "help" it along, I think our species would excel as a whole. This "throw away" mentality needs a "do over" :tongue: .

winterblue56's photo
Thu 01/05/12 06:21 PM

Over 140 cities in the US hit all time record high temps for January today.

My question is...were those high temps recycled from a previous year? Maybe one that we forgot about?? laugh

winterblue56's photo
Thu 01/05/12 06:09 PM

If your kids want to go? Then go! You have every right to go,so do your kids.
flowers

well I think that's the fine point
her children are family

but she no longer is

I would question attending a family only event of any kind as a non family member without an invitation

I wouldn't go - I'd go with the kids to the cemetery later
No...we actually had no children together... we raised my five and his two together for fifteen years...and it isn't a non-family event...it is a public visitation...but I think I will simply send a card and leave it at that. His sisters are very bitter toward me and I really don't want any issues between us at a time like this.....thanks guys.

I'm sorry for your loss sweetie. They are going to talk about you if you go ....and if you don't attend. Let your heart guide you. Your father-in-law knows your heart now :heart:

winterblue56's photo
Thu 01/05/12 06:06 PM

you can pay your respects without attending the viewing. let the family grieve or do whatever they are planning. you could send flowers (have them delivered) and some facilities will allow people to view before or after the official event. if you show up, there will be drama. later you can always visit the burial site alone or with your children

double ditto :thumbsup:

winterblue56's photo
Thu 01/05/12 06:05 PM

Go pay your respects. It is the father-in-law you loved you are going to go see, no one else. You'll regret it if your don't.

These are the situations were you have to rise above the unpleasantness to do the right thing for both you and your memories of someone you cared about.

Ditto :thumbsup:

winterblue56's photo
Thu 01/05/12 06:02 PM

And here I am a red neck trailer trash that would love a chance to live like that...........ohwell ohwell

Well put your head out and ya won't be so red! bigsmile

winterblue56's photo
Thu 01/05/12 06:00 PM

When you got that kind of money you can do pretty much whatever you want. She may have like the property but hated the house.

My thoughts also

winterblue56's photo
Wed 01/04/12 05:06 PM

High school 26 years ago

Doing my best to blend in with the the jocks and rednecks at some little school in rural Texas

Thank God I grew up to be completely normal.

rofl rofl rofl Sorry Krup I bust a gut whenever you show that pic

winterblue56's photo
Wed 01/04/12 04:59 PM

20 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was still married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scared scared scared scared scared Can't post a pic.....

she burnt em all.............

I was just! newely divorced. I don't even want to think about at that time. But I did save some pics laugh

winterblue56's photo
Sun 01/01/12 08:20 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

winterblue56's photo
Sun 01/01/12 08:30 AM
Well I think yer all beautiful...with or without it! bigsmile

winterblue56's photo
Sat 12/31/11 08:55 AM
Wow...I thought it was when a man reads the dictionary while hard ... life's lessons laugh

winterblue56's photo
Thu 12/29/11 11:50 PM
some more ram might be nice bigsmile

winterblue56's photo
Thu 12/29/11 11:44 PM
Dropping B.O.B. in the water.....not good ohwell laugh