Community > Posts By > winterblue56

winterblue56's photo
Sun 12/11/11 07:06 AM
Edited by winterblue56 on Sun 12/11/11 07:09 AM

Id move the Red Wings to San Jose, that we would at least win one Stanley Cup:banana:

Lol...nope. It's the only good professional sport team we got! Well...only one I watch laugh

How about if you take my late fathers "Lions" instead? rofl

winterblue56's photo
Sat 12/10/11 08:28 PM
No one would go hungry :heart:

winterblue56's photo
Sat 12/10/11 07:46 AM
Edited by winterblue56 on Sat 12/10/11 07:47 AM

Had a United Way (don't know if I'm allowed to mention, but anyway) drive at work today. Can you see where this is going? I have my reservations about (let's just say) "operational charities".

I firmly believe in giving direct and giving locally! I've served in several mission based kitchens through the years, but this "PRIVELAGE" and opportunity was from word of mouth and community familiarity.

I have moved. Now, I have (a little) bread that I can part with for a good cause, and a strong back.

......any ideas for direct giving.....and making it stretch to keep someone warm with lights on, a meal, and some toothpaste?

We had a news release here yesterday that someone paid off 3 people's lay-aways at KMart. Only stipulation that she had was that the layaways had to contain toys. It amounted to over $500.

winterblue56's photo
Fri 12/09/11 09:31 PM
Edited by winterblue56 on Fri 12/09/11 09:34 PM
God's Blessings flowerforyou

Guess this was meant to doublepost . My prayers are with you and your daughter.

winterblue56's photo
Fri 12/09/11 09:31 PM
God's Blessings flowerforyou

winterblue56's photo
Fri 12/09/11 09:10 PM

Now I have no family, no love, no god, and no hope. Nothing.

I'm in that same situation. I've got me and my writing, and that's all. Christmas is irrelevant. So I see it as just another day.

You got us! bigsmile flowerforyou

winterblue56's photo
Fri 12/09/11 09:08 PM

I love the Holidays...with Christmas on the tops. I love all the lights that put me in a very calming spirit. This time of year for me is making stuff with my two hands and giving them away. This year I am making Wooden Jewelry Boxes for my girls happy. I posted a couple pics :wink: .

I think if people feel the need to give gifts; then making gifts is a great idea. I don't get the tacky decorations and lights as I do believe a home can be full of Christmas spirit without it. JMO

I'm not sure if it's a need inasmuch as leaving a legacy...something for my kids to know that I was here laugh . Good spirit can be had without the glitter and glamor...I just like low lighting. My kids are always turning the lights up and saying it's so dark in here
grumble ....and all the colors changes the mood for me.

winterblue56's photo
Fri 12/09/11 09:04 PM
I don't have any questions for Big Bird...but I would love to chat with Oscar laugh

winterblue56's photo
Fri 12/09/11 08:57 PM
You'll know it when it happens :wink: happy

winterblue56's photo
Fri 12/09/11 08:55 PM

Well, I'd guess that when you can laugh at this question... you'll be well on your way.

Guage life by your own standards... smile only when you want to...er, have to. Mebbe, just realize why you smiled when you least expected it.
The rest is just drama...

:thumbsup:

winterblue56's photo
Fri 12/09/11 08:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRa4X07jdE

helpin ya out Terry laugh

winterblue56's photo
Fri 12/09/11 08:49 PM

Mazzy Star "Five String Serenade"

http://youtu.be/lSSPoPYe26s

Or Halah:) Glad to see there is a Mazzy Star fan here!

:wink: drinker

winterblue56's photo
Fri 12/09/11 08:33 PM
Mazzy Star "Five String Serenade"

http://youtu.be/lSSPoPYe26s

winterblue56's photo
Thu 12/08/11 06:33 PM
laugh :tongue:

winterblue56's photo
Thu 12/08/11 06:31 PM
A penis would be nice spock

winterblue56's photo
Thu 12/08/11 06:17 PM
lol....heat creates energy. You body creates heat :)

winterblue56's photo
Thu 12/08/11 06:15 PM
Both awesome stories!

winterblue56's photo
Thu 12/08/11 06:11 PM

i don't think it even has to be this 'deep.'
not everyone has a purpose in life.
i'll never forget my sixth grade history teacher telling us how insignificant we are.
most won't make any change in this world.
i'm not saying that because we won't make a change life isn't worth living,
but if our lives don't matter why would our deaths?
i'm such a little ray of sunshine.
haha.

I'm not sure there needs to be a purpose. All of life is made up of energy. Positive or Negative energy is still moving through you and back out into the atmosphere. Just a simple thought or a spoken word creates energy. Insignificant....I beg to differ with your history teacher. Everything plays on everything else even tho we don't see an outcome.

winterblue56's photo
Thu 12/08/11 10:41 AM
I love the Holidays...with Christmas on the tops. I love all the lights that put me in a very calming spirit. This time of year for me is making stuff with my two hands and giving them away. This year I am making Wooden Jewelry Boxes for my girls happy. I posted a couple pics :wink: .

winterblue56's photo
Thu 12/08/11 10:37 AM

I don't need to have friends or family with me to enjoy the holidays. I have spent Thanksgivings and Christmases alone before and enjoyed them just as much. Whatever your religious beliefs are this is a special time of year. And the turning of the seasons are always something to be excited about and grateful for. I'm a big nature person so maybe that's why I enjoy it so much. It's about change, the death of the old and the birth of the new.

I'm with you on this Ruth. I spent Thanksgiving alone and enjoyed it very much. My kids were other places this year and couldn't get home so.... I bought a ham and made food that "I" love like yams, mushrooms, shrimp, etc. happy . A day I didn't have to hear football on the tv too laugh .