Community > Posts By > markecephus

markecephus's photo
Wed 03/16/16 11:22 AM
Hello folks,

We're sorry about this. Unfortunately, in order to keep Mingle2 free for everyone, we must show ads in order for the company to survive.
With a growing number of people using Ad Blocker these days, we are struggling to keep the site free.
We believe it's better to show ads rather than charging all of our members for a membership (like most other dating sites). I hope you understand our decision.

If you do not want to turn off the ad blocker for only Mingle2, I suggest using our iPhone or Android app there are a lot less ads on the apps.
You can find and download Mingle2 in the iTune or Google Play store.

markecephus's photo
Tue 03/08/16 05:54 PM
Hello, and welcome aboard.

The cool thing about this site, is you can block and report bad users.

Just click the 'block user button and 'report abuse' button on any email you have received from them, or by clicking 'report user' on the person's profile.

These reports come straight to us. Also, anyone caught harassing our members by operating under a different user name/account, will be banned from the site. We allow one account per person.

markecephus's photo
Thu 03/03/16 03:28 PM
Hello,

You do have Premium, however your age settings are wrong. I have emailed you concerning how to correct this.

Regards,
Mark
Mingle2

markecephus's photo
Sat 02/27/16 02:05 PM
Ok, thanks, will update to tech ops

markecephus's photo
Sat 02/27/16 01:52 PM
so this is happening both on the full site as well as mobile, right?

markecephus's photo
Sat 02/27/16 01:47 PM
We're working on it guys. In your mailbox, do you see your own messages sent twice, or only in replies?

markecephus's photo
Wed 02/10/16 05:04 PM
Hello
RenaissanceMan85, there is no record of your having purchased Mingle Plus.

Your payment may have been declined, if we do not not offer the chosen payment method in your area. Please message me privately, and i'll look into it.

Regards,
Mark
Mingle2

markecephus's photo
Fri 01/15/16 05:33 PM
Hello,

You can edit your profile at any time. Click the edit profile button on your account page. You have three options there. The 'about' tab is for your interests. The details tab, is basically for your appearance. The general tab is for your location, gender settings, and birth date. Whichever you choose, after making the changes, scroll down and click update settings.

Good luck in your search.

markecephus's photo
Sat 08/15/15 03:36 PM
You can limit who can contact you, by using the mail filters on this page. http://mingle2.com/inbox/filters

markecephus's photo
Sat 07/25/15 06:40 PM
Hello Gorguzzz,

You can limit those not in your age preference, by using the email filters. http://mingle2.com/inbox/filters

markecephus's photo
Mon 06/22/15 04:29 PM
We do screen profiles, but we can't screen them all. Right now, a new system is going into place, to help us catch them much faster. This is work in progress, and will be released very soon.

Until then, please continue to report suspected scammers.

markecephus's photo
Tue 06/16/15 07:08 PM

how do i delete a message but not whole conversation?

I have banned one user you have received email from, and deleted their emails.

If you mean sent emails, once sent, those are in the recipients inbox, and there is no way to retract them.

Please do not mention any user names here. You can mail me privately, by clicking on my user name.

Thanks,
Mark
Mingle2 administrator

markecephus's photo
Tue 05/26/15 05:57 PM

did you remember to hit update profile ?
was just a thought

hope you get it fixed : )

This is the correct answer, desmondfarish

When editing your profile, you must scroll down and click "update profile" for the new changes to take effect.

markecephus's photo
Sat 05/23/15 01:36 PM
Hello folks,

We are aware and our guys are on it. Hopefully this will be resolved shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.

markecephus's photo
Sun 05/17/15 07:39 PM

some may "ask" others opinions, but in reality, they only "want" to hear those that
agree with their own views....anything else, is quickly dismissed as ignorance...ohwell

^^^ This

If you ask opinions, then you should know there will be differing opinions. If you are not ready to be open minded, and consider the answers given, then you shouldn't have asked to begin with.

I have been around the web for some 20 years now, many years as a moderator, and the last 6 years as an admin.

Time and time again, It's "agree with me" and then if you have a different view, it is dismissed, ignored, or otherwise disputed.

If you are not willing to at least try and understand the views of others, (even if they differ from your own) then the question is a moot point.

People who repeatedly ignore the opinions/advice of others, after asking for those opinions, quickly fall from favor in the forum community, and receive less responses to future queries.

That is solid advice.

This post in no way is directed at the OP or the person i quoted.

markecephus's photo
Tue 05/12/15 06:50 PM

Hello, dantycandy. In order to close out your Mingle2 account, please read on for the steps you'll need to take...

In order not to get anymore emails from us, you will want to uncheck the boxes on the following page and click the 'Update Settings' button.
http://mingle2.com/inbox/mail_settings

Then, you may want to purge all photos and text that you have uploaded to your profile.

Finally, you can deactivate your account here:
http://mingle2.com/user/show_settings (click De-Activate Profile)

Once you have done all of the steps above, your account will be closed and you will be unsubscribed. Good luck to you.

please follow the steps above. You can reactivate at any time. If you leave the account deactivated, it will be removed from public view.

We do purge older deactivated accounts from time to time.

markecephus's photo
Thu 05/07/15 06:31 PM
The IM is currently down. Please see here http://mingle2.com/topic/427615

markecephus's photo
Wed 04/22/15 04:16 PM
Hello Bluehillman,

As eric22t points out (above) we do have age specific forums. You must subscribe to the forums you wish to add. You can do this on your forums settings http://mingle2.com/forum/settings

Just tic the box for the forum you are interested in, scroll down and click update settings.

markecephus's photo
Wed 04/15/15 08:28 AM
Thanks for the heads up. This bug has been noted for tech ops.

markecephus's photo
Sun 04/12/15 05:04 PM
Hello kyoto2thebay,

The I&S forum was closed about 2 years ago. I cannot say with absolute certainty, whether that forum will be returned or not.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25