Community > Posts By > lighthouselover

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 08/11/09 08:10 PM

August 12, 2009 Perseids
And when we say August 12, we mean that morning … not that night. These typically fast and bright meteors radiate from a point in the constellation Perseus, and, like all meteors in annual showers, they cover a large part of the sky. The Perseids are considered by many people to be the year’s best shower when the moon is out of the way during the shower’s peak. Unfortunately, this year’s moon is not totally out of the way during the Perseids. The slightly waning gibbous moon rises around midnight – just as the Perseids start to pick up steam. Nonetheless, you should be able to catch some Perseid meteors before moonrise – and even after . The Perseids tend to strengthen in number as midnight ebbs toward dawn. Although not a favorable year, these meteors are often bright and frequently leave persistent trains. What’s more, enhanced activity may be in the works, so perhaps enough brighter meteors can overcome the moonlit glare to make this year’s production worthwhile. From late night on Tuesday, August 11 till dawn on Wednsday, August 12, a decent sprinkling of Perseid meteors may adorn this summer night, despite the pesky moon. Lie back and watch meteors until dawn’s light washes the stars, moon and planets from the sky.

This is the meteor shower that inspired John Denver to write Colorado Rocky Mountain High!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG4O5f_fKgo

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 08/09/09 09:15 PM

as much as I can eat all the time and I still lost ten pounds in the last month.

my doctor told me to start eating donuts and cake

so I snack on eclairs and donuts every night

Lost weight is good... some people can eat much as they can and stay in good shape...
Good for you!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

no, its cause I'm sick. I'm losing too much and they can't figure out why

I've gone from 200 to 155 lbs and still losing

I hope they find out why...sad2

I suppose you get to drink those lovely ensure drinks...drinks

I sure hope your 'turn' comes up soon!

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 08/09/09 03:37 PM

GO PACK GO!!
GO PACK GO!!

GO PACK GO!!
GO PACK GO!!

GO PACK GO!!
GO PACK GO!!

GO PACK GO!!
GO PACK GO!!

GO PACK GO!!
GO PACK GO!!

GO PACK GO!!
GO PACK GO!!

GO PACK GO!!
GO PACK GO!!

GO PACK GO!!
GO PACK GO!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 08/05/09 06:55 AM

RELIGION IS PART OF EVERY PERSON’S LIFE REGARDLESS IF IT PERTAINS TO GOD OR NORMAL EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES; RELIGION IS SIMPLY THE THINGS THAT ONE DOSE ROUTINELY IN LIFE. EXAMPLES OF EVERYDAY RELIGIOUS ACTS MAYBE WORKING OUT, GROOMING, CLEANING ONES HOME, GOING TO WORK, ETC…, A PERSON MAY WORKOUT DAILY BECAUSE THEY DON’T WANT TO BE OUT OF SHAPE, A PERSON GROOMS DAILY BECAUSE THEY DON’T WANT TO LOOK SHABBY, A PERSON CLEANSES THEIR HOME SO THEY WON’T LIVE IN FILTH AND A PERSON GOES TO WORK SO THEY CAN HAVE MONEY; THESE THINGS MAY NOT SEEM TO BE RELIGIOUS, BUT THEY REALLY ARE. THE BASE MEANING OF THE WORD RELIGION IS “TO SET APART” OR “SEPARATE”, SO A PERSON WHO WORKS OUT IS SETTING THEM APART FROM BEING “OUT OF SHAPE” AND A PERSON GOES TO WORK DAILY TO SET THEMSELVES APART FROM BEING POOR.

IN THE BIBLE RELIGION PERTAINS TO THE HOLY LAW OF GOD, THESE LAWS ARE THE STANDARDS OF WHAT A PERSON SHOULD AND SHOULD NOT DO. WHEN ONE BECAMES BIBLICALLY RELIGIOUS HE IS SEEKING TO ATTAIN HOLINESS, TO BE SEEN IN THE EYES OF GOD AS BETTER THAN THE AVERAGE OR COMMON PERSON. ONE MAJOR RELIGIOUS TENEMENT IN THE BIBLE IS THE DIETARY LAW, A LAW THAT STATES A MAN SHOULD ONLY EAT “CLEAN FOODS”, SOME OF THESE FOODS ARE RUMINANT ANIMALS W/ CLIF HOVES SUCH AS COWS, SHEEP, AND GOATS, ONLY SEAFOOD (FISH) WITH FINS AND SCALES, AND CERTAIN BIRDS SUCH AS CHICKEN, TURKEY AND QUAIL TO NAME A FEW; ANIMALS SUCH A PIGS, DOGS, SHELLFISH, PREDATORILY BIRDS AMOUNG MANY OTHER THINGS ARE ALL RESTRICTED.

Leviticus 20:25": Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. "26": And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

IN LEVITICUS 20:25-26 THE GOD OF ISRAEL IS TELLING HIS PEOPLE HE HAS SEPARATED THEM FROM ALL OTHER NATIONS ON THE EARTH, BECAUSE HE GAVE THEM THE LAW OF HOLINESS. THE LAW DEALS WITH 4 MAJOR ASPECTS OF LIFE; MORAL LAWS, CIVIL LAWS, CEREMONIAL LAWS, AND THE AFORE MENTIONED DIETARY LAW; THERE WAS ONCE A LAW FOR SACRIFICING BUT WITH THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF CHRIST JESUS IT WAS MADE VOID. THE GOD OF ISRAEL EXPLAINS THAT THIS LAW WOULD GIVE ADVANTAGE OVER ALL OTHER PEOPLE BECAUSE THE LAWS WAS INTENDED TO ENHANCED THE CHARACTER OF THE NATION AS A WHOLE BY GIVING EACH INDIVIDUAL A GUIDELINE WHICH TO LIVE BY, ENSURING THE FUTURE WEALTH AND WELFARE OF THE PEOPLE. SIMPLY THE LAW WAS FOR OUR OWN GOOD.

Deuteronomy 4:5 : Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it. 6: Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. 7: For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for? 8: And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day? 9: Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;
Deuteronomy 6:24: And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day. 25: And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

THE WHOLE OF THE LAW IS ENORMOUS AND VERY DETAILED, BUT JESUS CHRIST GAVE GREAT WISDOM ON THE LAW WHEN HE WAS ON EARTH, HE GIVES A PRACTICAL UNDERSTANDING ON THE LAW WHICH MADE IT SIMPLER TO FOLLOW BUT BY NO MEANS ELIMINATED IT.

Matthew 5:17: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. 18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19: Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 22:35": Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, "36": Master, which is the great commandment in the law? "37": Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. "38": This is the first and great commandment. "39": And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40": On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

CHRIST GAVE US PREFECT UNDERSTANDING OF THE LAW/ RELIGION IN MATTHEW 22:37-39 BECAUSE HIS ANSWER ENCOMPASSES THE TWO GOALS OF THE LAW/RELIGION WHICH ARE THE TRUE LOVE OF GOD AND TRUE LOVE OF NEIGHBOR WHICH ULTIMATELY GIVES ONE LOVE OF SELF.

TO LOVE GOD IS TO DO HIS WILL, HIS WILL IS WRITTEN IN THE HOLY LAW. THIS LAW TELLS US WE SHOULD NOT DO THINGS DETRIMENTAL TO OUR OWN OR OTHERS WELL BEING (MIND, BODY, SOUL), SUCH THINGS AS HOMOSEXUALITY, RAPE, MURDER, STEALING, ADDICTION, ETC…ARE ALL THINGS THAT ERODE OUR QUALITY OF LIFE.

1 John 5:2": By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3": For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

1 John 4:20": If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21": And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

PEOPLE WITHOUT SELF CONTROL ARE IN THE MOST NEED OF RELIGION/THE LAW,
BECAUSE BEING IGNORANT OF TEMPERANCE THERE DESTINY IS TO DESTROY THEMSELVES THROUGH OVER MUCH LIBERTY.

1 Corinthians 6:9: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10: Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:9": Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10": For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

MANY PEOPLE SEE RELIGION/THE LAW OF GOD AS SOMETHING THAT CHAINS THEM FROM ENLIGHTENMENT BUT THOSE WHO ARE WISE SEE RELIGION/THE LAW OF GOD AS A SCHOOL TEACHER THAT TAKES US FROM 1ST GRADE TROUGH GRAD SCHOOL, HELPING TRAIN OUR CONSCIENCE SO WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO WALK WISELY THROUGH LIFE AND NOT AS OTHERS WHO CARE NOT OF THEIR OWN OR OTHERS FATE.

Galatians 3:24": Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster…

Romans, 12:2": And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

IN CONCLUSION TRUE RELIGION IS SIMPLY ONES SELF-CONTROL AND PERSONAL SACRIFICE TO THOSE OF HIS/HER COMMUNITY.

James 1:27": Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

so, did you write this or did someone else? Please site your source. Thank you.

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/29/09 11:50 AM

I am just clueless about this stuff and find it overwhelming! frustrated

She will have her own modem here. She wants it wireless for when she goes to college.

First, is it a laptop? or a PC?

The college may have wireless access in the dorms already, so if that is the case, AND her laptop has a built in wireless card, then no problem...it is all ready a done deal...

Do you have a Best Buy or an Office Max type of store near you?

They would be happy to answer your questions and sell you what you need...

The last time I checked, a wireless router was about $35 or so...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/29/09 11:46 AM

we used border collies as therapy dogs when I worked in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. They are excellent at providing support to a person who is in distress. I have seen them help people get through some horrific anxiety attacks and panic attacks, just to name a couple of examples.

They are so excellent at just 'knowing' when the person needed to have them near...they would lay their head on the person...and one we used, Clara..she would hug people...wrap her front legs around a person...and then nuzzle them...she did not lick very often, yet she just knew when to nuzzle them...

Clara retired when she was 12 I think...may have been 14...

Border Collies are excellent dogs!!

Great Story!! thanks for the great memories!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:53 AM

Well...I was friends with Darrel (my BF) for almost two years before we met...we were JUST friends...on line friends...

then last year around the 4th of July...I had a few friends (about 40 of them) from another site at my home for a big meet...that is when Darrel and I met for the first time in person...

The basis of our relationship is a strong, solid friendship...we learned about each other without any expectations of each other...and we have been together for over a year now, and I expect that to last for a very long ever...

so, while I am here for friendship, I am also here to learn, to heal from some great losses in my life, to laugh and to share...

Yet, I hold no expectations...

Jambo!!

~Deb

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:48 AM

I understand your experiences Been there done that !I've been in more blizzards than I can shake a stick at .But it's all worth it in the end .Thanks Light it's all I can say .Your hubbys one lucky guy !

You are so very welcome, although, I still maintain that is the trucker that deserves the thanks!!

If the industry stopped for one day...America would be in a world of hurt!!!

Thanks!! It is worth it! even when I am not in the truck now...I know that Darrel is driving smart and safe!

*giggles* he wants to come home to those homemade biscuits and gravy...and those sugar cookies... He is a very good man! I am so blessed with that. :heart:

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:38 AM
*giggles*

I love love love Winnie the Pooh...

and Tigger too...

and lil Piglet...

I read them to my children all the time!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:34 AM
Edited by lighthouselover on Wed 07/29/09 09:44 AM

I will have to get some pics on photobucket and then post them in here...

I have some of when we were going over Cabbage that you could barely see the nose...it was beautiful until you started going down!! then into the clouds we drove..

We live in 200++ inches of snow each year, so going out toward Cali was going to be great!! we had snow in every state on the way out, including California...and in the Mojave Dessert on the way back!! right outside of Albuquerque it was almost a white out...laugh

we ran into the snow in new Orleans last year...all along the coast...noway

It was great!! We were in 15 states in about 10 days...

Hats off to the Boise Stage Stop!! what a great truck stop!!

I pray every day for all the Truckers!! Keep safe, both on the road and when that truck is stopped!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/29/09 08:38 AM

wow, so many people who live in MI don't like it...so many threads just being rude about MI...

:cry: :cry: makes me sad....

I love da UP!!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/29/09 08:35 AM

Just wanted to bump this up and re post the link to a great tribute song!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkfOpl0ujH4

The Heartbeat of America!!

Hats off to the Big Rigs!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/29/09 06:22 AM

I really love the UP!!! (and yes, it is part of MI...)

Didn't you know?? Canada annexed the U.P. a few years ago....lmao

GREAT!!! I am happy about that!!!

The UP was the best part of MI!! Now, it will be the Northern Lower Peninsula!!

Yea!!

(do you remember that the UP wanted to be its' own state? too bad that didn't work out...)

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/29/09 04:09 AM
Edited by lighthouselover on Wed 07/29/09 04:32 AM

I am here for friends

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 04:46 PM

no jasmine dear i was talking about my tongue rings

my ultimate goal is run own and run a parlor so i wanted the public view on tongue rings

i love my tongue rings i spent money getting them done.

Sorry to say it but you will lose some business. Some folks grieving for a loved one are not going to like them no matter how professional you dress.

I have to agree, it would not appear as professional as you could. IF you are doing a service for a group of people who are like minded as you, then wear them.

It is a very very very difficult time when a person is trying to make decisions about things when a loved one dies...

just by asking and being aware of other perceptions, I think that you will do what is the right thing at the time...

I would personally get the tat where it would not be obvious or if it would be visible at all times, then make it tasteful and smaller...IMO.

As I am sure you know, the business of funerals is a very difficult time for people...they will remember you for a couple of things...the "good" things and the "bad" things...

in business, people tend to talk to others about the bad things more often...

Good Luck!

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 04:36 PM

But aren't you basically stealing your neighbors' wireless connection?

no not really and its legal

actually, some states do have laws against this very thing.

IF I lived where someone could 'tap' into my wireless, I would have it password protected...

My wireless will only reach out the back side of my home unless someone is sitting on my front steps...so, they would have to be in my back yard or on my porch...

there have been law suits about this in MI, and it was deemed illegal.

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 04:12 PM
Edited by lighthouselover on Tue 07/28/09 04:12 PM

whatta mean, it wouldn't make much difference??noway

come on!!

Tell us that our opinions will change your world, that you will put things in your profile that we tell you too!! happy

drinker drinker drinker

I think you should direct people to your posts in the forum...they would be able to read how you think, what you are interested in or show interest in...

flowerforyou

oh, and your account numbers..I couldn't find them...:cry:

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 02:48 PM

Well, in a couple of days he might change his mind...

it has happened before...more than once...

IMO, he really should have stayed retired when he retired from the Pack. That was his legacy.

He has said and done so many things, that someone who I used to respect for a variety of reasons...well, not so much now.

I really do wish he had signed on for the Vikes...I really do, it would have been something to see him in his purple #4 walk into Lambeau Field...

THAT would have been something to see...

he retired, un-retired, lolly gagged around with his status for years...and that was when he was in Green Bay....

it is almost comical at this point...

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 02:38 PM

To play the devils advocate I have been in cars with people who never had accidents after lots and lots of years of driving and they were so bad drivers.

That is then, what I would consider lucky, very lucky. lucky for them, lucky for you when you were with them, and lucky for the people that they did not hurt or kill. They had no accountability to anyone.

Not because you were never in an accident that you were never the cause of one, the bad ones are either killing people or causing accidents so I always take it with a grain of salt when someone says i never had an accident so I'm a great driver.

really? I wonder if people realize what it means to drive 1 or 2 or 3 million miles? even in 20 years time...THAT is about 150,000 miles a year...give or take a 1,000 or 2,000...

I really do not think that driving a truck or any other vehicle for that matter, that many miles a year for 20 friggen years is a matter of NOT being a great driver!

I understand that you are entitled to your opinion...yet, I just do not agree with it at all.

When people are doing a high risk job, and do not have accidents on their record, then...not only do I think they are very careful and aware...I think they are a great driver!! a SAFE driver!!

I respect anybody who drives a truck it is a hard job.

Thank you for saying that! They are the heartbeat of America...

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 12:17 PM

It's nice to know somebody still gives a damn !Sometimes when your asked what do we need you for ya start to wonder .Thanks to Earthy !

I hope ya mean that, because, I thought that meant like, I heard you, and i adknowlege.

it did, and still does to some extent...

no big deal...

the important thing that I wanted to do with this thread is to bring attention to the professional trucker and the difficult job they do...and to do it safely year after year is a great accomplishment!!

so, yes..
10-4!!

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25