Community > Posts By > lighthouselover

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 01:38 PM

I just got sick when I read this...

our children are so precious, yet I know that "things" or accidents can happen...

I just cannot imagine that a parent of a small child would have a snake this size in the home.

It just makes me ill that a 2 year old died like this...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfK9gvnngY4

shut up Dan!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 01:25 PM

the social context of this song and others written and sung around that time is incredible.

To take these lyrics and some of the others, you can tell so much about the climate and fabric of society at this time...

great song! great song writing!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 01:20 PM

Wow! this is horrible!

(AP) -- A 2-year-old girl was strangled by a 12-foot Burmese python Wednesday inside a central Florida home, authorities said.

The snake was a family pet, not one of a fast-growing population of nonnative pythons that has been spreading in the wild in southern Florida.

Lt. Steve Binegar, of the Sumter County Sheriff's Office, said the toddler was strangled by the snake in the town of Oxford, about 50 miles northwest of Orlando. Pythons can kill by wrapping themselves around a human. Paramedics said the girl was dead when they arrived at about 10 a.m. EDT. Authorities did not release the girl's name.

Sheriff's officials told the Orlando Sentinel that the snake broke out of a glass aquarium overnight, went to the girl's bedroom and attacked her. The owner found the snake wrapped around the girl and stabbed it while others called 911. It wasn't immediately known if the snake was killed. The newspaper said the snake slithered away and was missing.

Jorge Pino, a spokesman with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, said that pythons are not native to Florida and can easily grow to 10 or 12 feet long. He also said owners need a license to possess a python in the state.

Some owners have freed pythons into the wild and a population of them has taken hold in the Everglades. One killed an alligator and then exploded when it tried to eat it. Scientists also speculate a bevy of Burmese pythons escaped in 1992 from pet shops battered by Hurricane Andrew and have been reproducing since.

''It's becoming more and more of a problem, perhaps no fault of the animal, more a fault of the human,'' Pino said. ''People purchase these animals when they're small. When they grow, they either can't control them or release them.''

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/01/python-strangles-2yearold_n_224057.html

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 12:23 PM

I think we will have some meat on the grill and then a variety of things!

My daughter will be here, so I will be making things that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free!

It will be great fun, no matter what we eat!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 11:51 AM

Giant danios are omnivorous, so it is the aquarist’s responsibility strike a balance between plant based and meaty foods. In the wild they pick off insects from the water surface, so often won’t really chase after food that has left the surface until everything else is gone. As with all danios, these fish are quite active and have high nutrient requirements, so select a flake food that will provide for their needs.
These fish are fairly hardy and will adapt to most aquarium conditions. They will do best in a spacious aquarium of 30 or more gallons, and more importantly in a long aquarium (36+inches) to allow them to swim freely. They need room to swim around and a tight cover to prevent jumps. Use of hardy floating plants to create shadows and a dark substrate will make them even more stunning.

I got this from here>> http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/cyprinids/GiantDanio.php

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 10:14 AM

so, now that we all know that the state of NJ knows of this person, and has given him his license back 78 TIMES, would people then hold the state of NJ partially responsible if he had badly hurt or killed someone? should the state be partially responsible knowing that the person had done something to get his license suspended 78 times, yet they let him legally drive? knowing that this person had 14 DUI/OWI, they legally let him drive?

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 09:59 AM
Edited by lighthouselover on Wed 07/01/09 10:01 AM

NJ man on 15th drunken-driving offense: I'm guilty
5 hours ago

MORRISTOWN, N.J. — A New Jersey man whose driver's license has been suspended 78 times has pleaded guilty to his 15th drunken-driving offense.

Shaun Campbell of East Rutherford told a judge Tuesday that he had been drinking "quite a bit" of beer when he crashed his SUV head-on into a pickup in April. The truck's occupants, a man and his 4-year-old daughter, were not seriously hurt.

The 40-year-old Campbell's blood-alcohol level was .288 percent, more than triple the state's legal limit.

Authorities say Campbell's license has been suspended 78 times in 22 years. He still faces drunken-driving charges in two other New Jersey cities.

Prosecutors are seeking a maximum prison term of nearly three years at Campbell's sentencing in August. He will lose his license for at least 10 more years.

wow!! WOW!! WoW!!

in order to have his license suspended that many times, the police/law would have had to give it back to him each and every time!!

not that anyone "needs" a license to drive...this guy would probably drive if they took his license away anyway...so, obviously having his license suspended did not make an impact, I doubt that taking it away will either...

now, the years behind bars will definitely get him off the streets! regardless if he gets clean in prison or not..he will not be driving drunk anyway.

the nite before his funeral his sisters and his mom were parting. you figure they should learn there lesson.. (but his mom is alcoholic any how) but after so many years his sisters now are sober and they quit partying.... at least they got there head on streght

and you can party without drinking...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 09:08 AM

WHAT WOULD BE THE PERFECT SETTING ?

one that would be thoughtful...maybe something that she/he mentioned...it depends on how well you know the person, how much you have talked...

for the first meeting though...a public place for starters...especially if you have not talked much..

How does an airport terminal grab you?

happy flowerforyou

I have been to that terminal!! WOWZerS!!!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 09:03 AM

WHAT WOULD BE THE PERFECT SETTING ?

one that would be thoughtful...maybe something that she/he mentioned...it depends on how well you know the person, how much you have talked...

for the first meeting though...a public place for starters...especially if you have not talked much..

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 06/30/09 07:09 PM

I have a great HP that was a deal...

you are probably not going to get any Apple under $1000.00 and then it may not have all the room you need on it...

start looking!!

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 06/30/09 07:07 PM

we can make phone calls after we finish work but there are no set hours or time cards. we finish when we finish. and then there is that thing called time change where im up at 700 and have time to call but its only 400 where she is, so she calls when she gets up and i cant answer because im working that is how it usually starts. then she is pissed all weekend. i cant wait to get home and she cant wait to fight. lol alot of times i leave three days after i get back

there are those of us out there that are able to handle the life...
there is always a way to make it work out, compromise is a great thing...

and a 5 minute phone conversation and then back to sleep...

Good Luck!!

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 06/30/09 07:03 PM
Edited by lighthouselover on Tue 06/30/09 07:16 PM

have fun!! I will not be able to go down state for these this year.

if anyone wants to come up to da UP sometime, let me know!! would love to have you!!

the south shore of Lake Superior...near Marquette...

I don't have much, but I am willing to share! and Darrel has a whole ton of firewood for beach fires too!!

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:53 PM
Hmmmm .... whoa well thats the rules of the team to put it bluntly the rule is no **** in the pits. they think if we have guest, wifes girlfriends,moms ect... its a distraction and we are not focused on the job it has nothing to do with a "woman on the side" and you just prooved my point because i cant have a girl go with me right away its because another woman is involved.... wow.. been there and heard that all too many times

no, that is not what I said at all...and if that is the rules of the team, then that is that period.

that would be one of the first things to be discussed and discussed...
are you allowed phone calls home after you are done racing?

I would think that if good, solid communication was consistent, then the trust would be grown and maintained...

the thing is...the one at home can be the one to 'cheat' just as easily as the one on the road...just sayin...

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:49 PM

I met Dan in person last year on the 4th of July too!!!

and he stayed at my house for 3 days....

Shut Up DAN!!!

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:43 PM

scared It would send up redflags to me if someone has more than one page of friendsscared

You need a Red Flag emoticon!!! :wink:

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:40 PM

would it also be suspect if they have no friends or just a couple?

what about if they don't show their friends? ohwell

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:21 PM

Narcan can be used to reverse arrest, if used immediately. But even it doesn't always work.

narcan can be used to reverse the respiratory depression which will result in cardiac arrest if not resolved...as far as I can remember from my nursing days...

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:08 PM
Edited by lighthouselover on Tue 06/30/09 06:10 PM

opioids/opiates/narcotics...can cause respiratory depression in some people. and it does not always have to be in a high dose either....

generally speaking, the people that this happens most often in are the ones who are not used to taking them...people who use them regularly can build up a tolerance to the side effect...although, this does not mean it cannot happen to them.

there is medication that can reverse the negative effect of respiratory depression as well...

at any rate, in a few weeks when the autopsy comes back, it will tell them exactly what drugs and the levels of those drugs that were in his system.

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:01 PM

I get junk mail all the time for Peni$ enhancement...

it happens...your email addy got on some list...

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next