Community > Posts By > lighthouselover

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 08:54 PM

effective gun control

issue a weapon to every citizen upon graduating high school (gun courses taught in high school) and voluntary carry for 10 years mandatory carry there after

watch the crime rate dwindle

drinker

MI does have the concealed weapon option...

and in the UP...we all know that Lake Superior does not give up her dead....

just sayin...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 08:34 PM

this one girl i knew for about 6 months now said she loved me and she would do anything to show that she loves me. i always said i loved her aswell but she would always push me back everytime because she was mad about school. after about 1 week of this she comes up to me and says she found a new lover and wants to be friends with me. im so confused right now. i invested so much time into this one person and she backstabs me like this.

did you date first? meet in person?

just to be clear...YOU have always told her that you loved her, and just recently she said it to you...after pushing you away because she was angry about school?

and now she changed her mind?

did you date prior to this one week or were you just friends?

"im so confused right now."

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 08:01 PM

LOL!! did you check out where I live?

and the name of the book I am writing is "Life Somewhere over the Rainbow"!!

a place where dreams really do come true...

(oops...sorry for the off topic posts to the OP)

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 07:57 PM

i like it when he pulls my hair off of my neck and kisses the side of my neck, the scruff on his face rubbing my tender neck as he kisses me?drool

Now That is zero to sixty in about 1.2 seconds. laugh laugh

OMG!! Darrel does this all the time!! I love that....

What? Kisses your neck, or bounces back from total heart obliteration? rofl

You know.. I quoted the wrong post when I was responding...I was talking to Darrel about the total heart obliteration at the same time....

laugh laugh laugh laugh

and then I quoted it!! see, I cannot be talking and typing at the same time!!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 07:48 PM

it sure looked smoother than that balloon!!!

what a great time I had there!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 07:40 PM

I love that dress!!

(I also read a lot of your profile...interesting how much I see the same way....

earthy with a splash of color...nice!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 07:33 PM

i like it when he pulls my hair off of my neck and kisses the side of my neck, the scruff on his face rubbing my tender neck as he kisses me?drool

Now That is zero to sixty in about 1.2 seconds. laugh laugh

OMG!! Darrel does this all the time!! I love that....

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 07:23 PM

great song, great band...

great idea...

Beatles - and Hey there, lighthouselover - GREAT SHOES!

LOL!! I love those shoes!! and the anklets that go with them!!

thanks!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 07:12 PM
laugh laugh laugh

that was cute Mark!!

Pain management is like Anger management...

a person really does not want to "manage" either of them, you want to get rid of them!!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 07:02 PM

great song, great band...

great idea...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 06:54 PM
Edited by lighthouselover on Wed 07/01/09 06:57 PM

But that's exactly my point....nothing WILL solve the problem. Not anymore. We've wandered too far into unfamiliar territory, we've gotten a taste of it, and too many people have embraced it. Wrong or right, there's no going back anymore. Nobody's at fault, it's just the way that it is.

How can you say this? You actually believe that nothing can solve the problems? really?

of course you cannot go back...THAT is not anything new...you could NEVER go back and you know I do not use absolutes very often at all!!

You have to go forward...learning from the past mistakes, but making a new way...new possibilities...new life...new world...

The possibility is there..it always was and always will be...

The difference is...some people will not be a cause in their own possibility and therefore will settle for what is..what is done to them...and then have the ballz to sit and biatch about it!!

come on people....get on the road to shambala!!

Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
With the rain in Shambala
Wash away my sorrows, wash away my shame
With the rain in Shambala

Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind
On the road to Shambala
Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind
On the road to Shambala

How does your light shine
In the halls of Shambala
In the halls of Shambala

I can tell my sister 'bout the flowers in her eyes
On the road to Shambala
I can tell my brother 'bout the flowers in his eyes
On the road to Shambala

In the halls of Shambala
In the halls of Shambala
Tell me how, how does your light shine
In the halls of Shambala
Tell me how, how does your light shine
In the halls of Shambala

How does your light shine?

and you know what? the past was not as great as one might think...90 years ago it was legal and expected to beat your wife/women...

people were oppressed for many things...

work was back breaking literally, and there was many illnesses that came from those jobs...

there are changes that have been wonderful...

really...going backwards is not healthy for the most part...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 06:39 PM
rofl rofl rofl

:thumbsup:

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 06:37 PM

my doctor manages my pain very well with painkillers

I've tried muscle relaxers and all it did was put me to sleep lol.. I wish it were as easy bas taking a pill....

which means that during that time, you were out of enough pain to achieve sleep, which is very important to the healing process...

IMO, pain medications have a place in pain management, some kinds of pain...some kinds of injury...that is between the physician and the patient...

I do not use narcotics to control my pain, I do not want to be under the influence of them all the time...some people do fine on them.

muscle relaxants also have a place and a use...especially when it creates nerve pain, as nerve runs through muscle and when the muscle is having contractions/spasms, the nerve is then affected.

pain management is a very individual experience, and pain is a very subjective stimuli.

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 06:32 PM

Taking the action is one thing. Them ACCEPTING the action is entirely another.

you know...sometimes I think you might be just a bit cynical...:wink:

I could be wrong...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 06:29 PM

Yes!! BRAVO!!

another fantastic post by a 23 year old!!

Your generation has had some role models, eh?

The two posts by Drothrock and by Euphoric_Dissonance give me a hope...a hope that there are indeed intelligent survivors of this very material world!!

BRAVO!!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 06:18 PM

injection after injection...the next is worse then the last...and still another month at least outta work...looks like I am here for a while...

It does take awhile for the injections to work...or at least make the pain a level that you can live with without narcotics. The injury did not occur overnight, so it takes awhile to let the corticosteroids take effect.

also depending on the issues associated with the pain...like the bulging discs, and the stenosis...those things have to be managed as well. what discs or back area that is affected has a lot to do with the treatments and the degree to which they help...

The deal is, for me anyway, that I have had to completely accept that I cannot do the things I used to do, I cannot be as active as I once was...life changed for me.

I used other treatments as well...now, with no insurance and no job, I can no longer afford any of those things...

Acupuncture can do wonders! Herbs and diet changes work for some people as well...

and a trained Professional Eastern or Medical Massage Therapist can do absolute wonders!!

Good Luck with your pain management...

it is difficult to live with chronic pain...you have to make some life changes..

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 05:45 PM
no the thoughts and well wishing I do is genuine..I really have come to like most of the people here..like I have said many times they helped me a lot the first two weeks when my son left and I would gladly so the same...and when the need arises I can be serious..but this is not a place to take so serious..Moonlight ride is just an alter ego if ya will...not really who I am..I am really a warm caring person not the smart mouth little tart I pretend to be...

ok..I see now. Thank you so much for the clarification!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 05:40 PM

I think it's a common misconception for adults to find the current generation of youth to be a wasted generation.

You can look back in time all the way down to the 1920s where there is news article after news article calling the current generation 'lost.'

I don't think you're wrong, but at the same time I think things in your mind are a bit skewed.

People today hold the generation of the 1930s as a group of heroes. They fought through the Great Depresssion, they were champions in WW2, they created the can-do spirit and family stability that America is (or was) known for, and is referred to by some as the greatest generation to date.

But the adults of the time referred to the youth as the 'lost generation.'

To look at the 1930s press, scholarly assessments, and official declarations, never had young people been so violent, mentally disarrayed, drugged, lazy, promiscuous, criminal, and hopeless.
Which is exactly what you think the current situation is.

You have to realize that a lot of things are changing.

We're getting out of a war across seas.
Our economy is terrible.
There is a fight for total human equality.

While things make look poor to you, there is quite a bit going on and we need the youth of today to fight for the things they believe in as they are our tomorrow.

I think this is a great post, very well thought out!! I do love the sociological view and I do believe it!!

I sometimes think that my generation..."the Baby Boomers"...lost sight of things. Not all of us, yet it seems like 'we' created a mess.

I don't know if I would say that MOST of today's youth cannot spell tomorrow...maybe so...yet, it was the Baby Boomers who have made policy for the last how many years?

and the "inner city" was created when all the middle class 'white' folk pulled out and took the tax base with them...which paid for the school system...

Our YOUTH is created by the generation who raised them...take a look around...the baby boomers can be separated out into a couple of groups...the first few years were pretty 'conservative' parents...the later years...well, look around you...

I think that we need to do something...other than just put the youth of today down...they are going to control our purse strings...

so, people need to take some action to assure that the generation of today and tomorrow are able to do so!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 05:31 PM

most people I think come on here to unwind and yes play and pretend...I for one am not like the person I pretend to be on here..so yes there are games...

so, then my question would be...the thoughts you post, the posts that you post in support of a person, or their issues/feelings...

are they also pretend?

why do you pretend?

I can see keeping private information private and not sharing certain things...but to just be someone you are not? why bother?

you can play around and have fun and unwind without lying about what you stand for...what you believe in...ya know?

I could be wrong....

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/01/09 05:26 PM

In my first car, I had a tena cassette 8.
It played both cassette tapes and 8 tracks in the same slot.
My first car had a radio.

the first car I can remember only had AM radio too...

I was just shocked when I thought about the Walkman being 30 years old now...and all the changes that have happened in media in those years...