Community > Posts By > lighthouselover

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/12/09 08:06 AM

if it is or if it isn't...what is the importance of knowing?

If we cannot do anything about being in the vat the knowledge of it would be useless to us, no?

and IF we knew we were a brain in a vat, then we would also know that there was a deviant who fed that thought into our brain in a vat...because we cannot have "thought" without someone creating the stimulus for that thought if our brain is in a vat.

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/12/09 08:00 AM

Seriously, I would rather that someone "beat a dead horse" so to speak then to beat up on a person who is attempting to have a discussion about some topic that they want to question...

I know that many threads are done over and over and over...and over and over and over...and over again...and then over and over and over...

However, there are ways to deal with threads of no interest to self...such as ignoring the thread, not posting in that thread, starting a thread of another topic for discussion, posting in a discussion thread on another topic...

That would also be for the people who come into a discussion thread and just post something to call attention to them self, which is generally mean or rude...

I would rather see the size, older, younger threads posted than the threads that constantly put other members down or make fun of them because of a remark in their profile...

but then, I don't really post all that much for a variety of reasons anyway...so I probably don't have an opinion that counts!! :wink:

Stick THAT in your PIPE and smoke it!!! :wink:

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/12/09 07:36 AM
Edited by lighthouselover on Sun 07/12/09 07:37 AM

SIZE MATTERS WHEN YOU DO OR DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD AND IF YOU DO OR DON'T LIKE THE PRESIDENT OR THE COLOR HE IS OR ISN'T WHICH DEPENDS ON IF YOU OR ARE NOT LEFT OR RIGHT CONSERVATIVE LIBERALLY MINDED STRAIGHT GAY LESBIAN WHOM BELIEVES THAT ALL MEN ARE OR ARE NOT PIGS WHO WILL NEVER OR ALWAYS DATE A WOMEN WHO IS A FEW EXTRA POUNDS OR NOT TELLING ANYONE EVER UNLESS THE WOMAN ALWAYS WILL NEVER CALL YOU BACK AND IS A GAME PLAYER WHO IS HONEST AND CUTE....

THEN SIZE MATTERS!!!

OH YEA...AND IF ANYONE HAS OR HAS NOT MET EVER FROM ANY OF THESE SITES AND WAS SUCCESSFUL OR FAILED AT A LONG TERM DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP...WHICH MEANS THAT YOU HAVE TALKED VIA EMAIL FOR A FEW DAYS AND ARE IN LOVE OR NOT AND NOW IN LOVE...BUT JUST BROKE UP AFTER THEY MIGHT WERE GOING TO MEET IN THE FUTURE IF THEY EVER TOLD ANYONE THE TRUTH...

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/12/09 03:59 AM
We know that he was injected with Demerol before his death, and the 911 transcript states that the doctor who provided the injection was also with Jackson when he suffered his heart attack. A qualified doctor would know what an acceptable dose of Demerol is, and yet it would appear that he intentionally gave Jackson an overdose.

Last but not least, the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office has advised that a determination of Michael Jackson’s cause of death following his autopsy has been deferred pending further tests, suggesting that the cause may not have been natural,.

They know that he was injected with Demerol before his death? Really? Was this reported before by the medical examiner?

Demerol is a very old drug, not to mention what is commonly referred to as a "dirty drug" due to all the side effects it can have...there are much "better" drugs out there than Demerol...IMO. I would agree that a physician would know what an acceptable dose of it would be...and even IF a correct dose was given, IF the physician did not know that other drugs were ingested...then even the CORRECT dose, given to the CORRECT patient, by the CORRECT route...could be very dangerous.

Now, as far as the reports about the types of drugs in his body and the LEVELS of those drugs at this point is speculative at best.

An autopsy takes some time to get all the results back. The samples of tissue and fluids are sent to a main clearing house which then in turn sends them to THREE random labs for testing. When the results are returned to the "clearing house" they are all compared...the results HAVE to match exactly to be a valid result.

The samples are not marked "This belongs to Michael Jackson"...so the labs are not going to know when they are testing his samples.

There is a legality to an autopsy. And from the autopsy they can determine what was in his system, including the food that was in his stomach if there was any. They can also determine a pretty close time of death...within minutes if need be.

when all of the information is available to the medical examiner, then a cause of death can be determined....or the cause of the cardiac arrest, which generally is a cessation of respiratory functioning according to several on line journal articles.

so, for anyone to say that they have information about the levels of drugs in MJ's system or any exact information...that is most likely BS right now...

nor does waiting for the results of an autopsy prior to making a determination about the cause of death infer any "un natural" cause of death...it is just the practice of legal and ethical medicine to wait until all the results are in.

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/12/09 01:39 AM

Now that I found out what "OGP" stands for, I also noticed the Part 5 of the thread on the recent post boards. I did read through some of the posts. I will admit that I am not the brightest bulb on the tree; and there are days that I am more than one taco short of a combination plate...yet, I just do not understand why a person would just go out looking for someone to make fun of.

I wonder when a line from my profile was in that thread to be made fun of and ridiculed...I mean, I am sure that my profile must not meet some arbitrary standard...

Maybe I don't have an intelligent enough sense of humor to understand the point...ohwell

lighthouselover's photo
Sat 07/11/09 09:24 PM

I am not even brilliant enough to figure out what this "OGP" is...

flowerforyou

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/10/09 06:08 AM

is going to park his tractor in the middle of the Bridge and collect the fees to keep for himself!!

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/10/09 01:42 AM
Edited by lighthouselover on Fri 07/10/09 01:49 AM

oh my god its sooo...

long.

indifferent

really? I never thought of it as long, but ok.

Someone recently gave me a photocopy of this poem with a really kind personal note written to me at the bottom...
It's in my "love file" at work. I pull this and similar items out when I'm having a really crummy or grueling day and remember why I'm doing the job I'm doing.

Nice! flowerforyou

I especially like the verse about the part of our dash that we can yet rearrange!

Thanks for commenting!
~Deb

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/09/09 06:56 PM

tears we read that at my friend Pauls funeral tears

sorry to hear of your friend...

I have heard it read at a few memorials...yet, it is so much about living...

My son always said.."your lifetime is today".

and with The Dash...it is about that, our lifetime...today.

I am sorry to make you sad...

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/09/09 06:06 PM

They're dead. So really, what's the difference.

What?

What if your family member would have been dug up from their grave or smashed down so another casket could be places on top of it?

not to mention.."Carolyn Towns, 49; Keith Nicks, 45; Terrence Nicks, 39, all of Chicago; and Maurice Dailey, 59, of Robbins, have all been charged with dismembering a human body, a Class X felony, according to Cook County State's Attorney's office spokeswoman Tandra Simonton. "

but if you don't see anything wrong with doing this....noway

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/09/09 06:03 PM
Edited by lighthouselover on Thu 07/09/09 06:03 PM

WoW!! WOW!! wOw!!

I must have missed the news break on this one!!

I was at an interview this afternoon so I could have missed it, right?

who has his head missing now?

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/09/09 05:57 PM

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/burr.oak.charges.2.1078567.html

Jul 9, 2009 6:28 pm US/Central
Up To 300 Bodies May Have Been Dug Up At Cemetery
4 Charged With Disturbing Bodies, Re-Selling Graves

ALSIP, Ill. (CBS) ―

Four people have been charged after up to 300 bodies were removed from their graves and the plots were resold at the historic Burr Oak Cemetery in Alsip.

Carolyn Towns, 49; Keith Nicks, 45; Terrence Nicks, 39, all of Chicago; and Maurice Dailey, 59, of Robbins, have all been charged with dismembering a human body, a Class X felony, according to Cook County State's Attorney's office spokeswoman Tandra Simonton.

A Class X felony is punishable by 6 to 30 years in prison.

Towns is office manager of the cemetery, while the other three are gravediggers.

Towns was ordered held on $250,000 bond Thursday, and the other three were ordered held on $200,000 bond each. An Aug. 6 preliminary hearing date has been set.

All four of the people charged in the investigation have been booked into Cook County Jail, which means they did not post bail after their court sessions, according to Cook County Sheriff's Dept. spokesman Lonny Levin.

At the bond hearing, CBS 2's Vince Gerasole learned that the operation run by Towns involved her re-selling the graves and taking the money, and compensating the three men with overtime pay.

Keith Nicks was the foreman. His brother Terrence Nicks drove the cemetery dump truck. And Dailey operated a back hoe.

Towns would tell the men to go dig up a body, put them in a shallow grave and then put a new body in the original disturbed grave.

Keith Nicks has a lengthy criminal record, although he was only ever found guilty of disorderly conduct. He was charged at various points with assault, domestic battery and violating an order of protection, but the charges were dropped.

Towns has no prior criminal charges. Criminal background information for Dailey and for Terrence Nicks was not immediately learned.

Chopper 2 HD captured new and disturbing video from the cemetery Thursday morning. The messy scene showed crushed concrete, likely from a burial vault that had been destroyed.

Dart said Wednesday that his office learned that employees of the cemetery have dug up hundreds of graves, dumped the bodies in a mass pile in an unused portion of the graveyard and then resold the plots to other customers.

The cemetery owners went to authorities with the allegations in the case about six weeks ago. The scheme was uncovered when two employees discovered what appeared to be human remains scattered about what should have been a vacant part of the cemetery that employees called "the dump." One of the employees said he found numerous remains while practicing his grave digging skills using a backhoe on what he thought was vacant land.

An unsuspecting person would buy a burial plot for a cash payment, and afterward, one of the gravediggers disinterred an existing grave and dumped the body somewhere in the back of the cemetery. The burial plot buyer never found out, Dart said.

Towns was at the center of the operation, both pocketing the payments and directing the gravediggers, Dart said.

The scheme may have netted the four defendants as much as $300,000 over the past three or four years, Dart said.

"The records are in shambles here. The actual sites are not well marked. It's very difficult to ascertain what is where," Dart said. "So this is going to take some time, so we've been trying to plead with the public as much as we ask for patience, because it's going to be needed now."

It is believed the operation had been going on for four to five years. The owners have been in charge of the cemetery for the past six years.

The forensic investigation is going to take months to perform.

Five cemetery employees are assisting the sheriff's office in the investigation, on which almost 100 sheriff's employees are working, Cook County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Patterson said.

The FBI is also assisting in the investigation, looking for possible federal violations, FBI Chicago Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge Tom Troutman said.

Family members of those buried at the cemetery were arrived in droves Thursday morning, wondering if their loved one's final resting places had been disturbed.

A total of 346 families inquired about their relatives' graves, and of those 346, 20 have reported problems at the gravesite, Patterson said.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson said at the news conference that his Rainbow/PUSH coalition had been receiving frantic calls throughout the night from people all over the country who have relatives buried at the cemetery.

"The idea of graveyard robbers, in my judgment, there should be no bail for them," Jackson said. "There should really be a special place in hell for these graveyard thieves."

Burr Oak Cemetery is the final resting place for many prominent African-Americans, including Emmett Till. His plot was not disturbed. Till is the teenager from Chicago who was brutally murdered in 1955. His death in Mississippi helped spark the Civil Rights Movement.

CBS 2 has learned that Towns is the administrator for the Emmett Till fund. Dart alleged at a Thursday news conference that Towns was pocketing money from that fund. She is listed as the contact person for the Till Historical Museum at the Burr Oaks Cemetery.

But no such museum exists or was ever built, Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez said.

Blues legends Willie Dixon and Dinah Washington are also buried in the cemetery.

The cemetery is now owned by Tucson, Ariz.-based Perpetua Inc.

If you have loved ones buried at Burr Oak Cemetery and want to check on their well-being, call (800) 942-1950 or send an inquiry to BurrOakCemeteryInvestigation@gmail.com

Anyone who donated money to the Emmett Till Historical Museum fund is also asked to call the number above.

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/09/09 05:51 PM

I just threw water on her and she melted...it may have worked for him too...

cutting off someone's head is just so messy...

but maybe this is an inside joke and I don't get it...

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/09/09 05:37 PM
Edited by lighthouselover on Thu 07/09/09 05:40 PM

Has anyone here ever dealt with severe excema? I mean the kind that starts out as an itch, then progresses to a rash (from all the scratching) that eventually gets worse and starts to weep, crust over and spreads to other areas? I have been dealing with it for a better part of 25 yrs on and off....usually I get is it pretty bad on my hands....but this year it broke out on my left leg. It's driving me crazy. I've done everything that I did in the past with moisturizers, steroids etc. etc. and it just doesn't seem to be helping. Last week it did look like it was going to start healing but then it went right back to weeping again. I just hate having this stuff!!!!!

In the past when I would get this bad on my hands it would be there for months and I'd have to deal with it for months......then for some reason it would just get better on it's own and go away.

If anyone else suffers with this please let me know what some of your treatments were to lessen the pain and nastiness of it.

my father had just about 100% coverage with excema...he worked as a brick layer and when he would come home, his hands would be bleeding, especially in the summer time...

He used to use epsom salt packs on his legs and arms to take the pain away and keep the irritation down...it worked for him to...and he would not take a shower or bath often, he washed up in the sink with his soap and water...and patted dry.

I know that he suffered with this for years...he finally got a creme that really helped him...that was about 12 years ago and I am sure there are many things that have been developed since then.

My girlfriend uses the tanning salon to help her...there is a bed that only has certain UV rays..not sure which ones...

I feel for you cause I watched my father suffer with this his whole life!!

good luck!

the one that works the best for us is the elidel cream. it works by shutting off the immune response in the area, since eczema is auto-immune.

That is the one that my Father used I think!!

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/09/09 05:25 PM

With so much news about people dying lately, I thought of this about living...

There is a poem by Linda Ellis called "The Dash". I think it is a great thing to think about...and really make sure we live our dash...

What does your dash say about you know? What do you want your dash to say that is doesn't yet?

http://www.thedashmovie.com/ <<<< here it is in "movie" form

here is the poem~

The Dash Poem
by Linda Ellis

I read of a man who stood to speak
At the funeral of a friend.
He referred to the dates on her tombstone
From the beginning to the end.

He noted that first came the date of her birth
And spoke of the following date with tears,
But he said what mattered most of all
Was the dash between those years.

For that dash represents all the time
That she spent alive on earth
And now only those who loved her
Know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own,
The cars, the house, the cash,
What matters is how we live and love
And how we spend our dash.

So think about this long and hard;
Are there things you'd like to change?
For you never know how much time is left
That can still be rearranged.

If we could just slow down enough
To consider what's true and real
And always try to understand
The way other people feel.

And be less quick to anger
And show appreciation more
And love the people in our lives
Like we've never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect
And more often wear a smile,
Remembering that this special dash
Might only last a little while.

So when your eulogy is being read
With your life's actions to rehash
Would you be proud of the things they say
About how you spent your dash?

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/09/09 04:47 PM

That was really nice Duffy!! I will have to copy and save that...

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/09/09 08:13 AM

True story about our Homeland Security.

Last February, I went down to Houston to meet up with a bunch of friends...it happened to be my birthday and one of my very dear friends from Texas gave me a picture frame.

The frame was made out of old barn wood, had glass over the opening, and an old spur, some old barbed wire, and a REPLICA of a six shooter on the front of it.

I debated about whether to put this in my suitcase or not because I could only imagine what the person would do when they saw this go through the x-ray machine!! so, I decided to carry it on...OMG!!scared

I TOLD them at the x-ray machine about the frame PRIOR to running it through...I TOLD the person at the metal detector gate walk through...I TOLD them that I wanted to make sure that they KNEW the gun was a replica...oops

BIG MISTAKE ...BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE!!

I heard the person behind the belt xray calling into the walkie talkie for back up...I saw the guards coming with their hands on their guns...

I was detained...I tried to explain that the gun was NOT real...and that I WANTED to show the picture frame to security so that they would not think I was trying to hide it....OMG!! WRONG!!!

They asked me if I had any bullets for the gun...noway BULLETS??? The gun is NOT real...and I told them NO, I do NOT have any REPLICA bullets to go in the REPLICA gun that is ATTACHED to the picture frame and is not REAL!!! There are NO bullets...not any real ones or any fake ones...frustrated

They told me that I would NOT be able to bring the picture frame on board because the gun "looked" real enough that the other passengers might get scared...

I told them that the gun was attached to the frame...what was I going to do...wave the whole friggen frame around??? whoa

ok...then can the flight attendant keep it in a closet for me until we land...they do that sometimes for people...NOPE!!

I could ship it home for about $120.00...

I had to get a hold of my friend and have them come to the airport and pick up the frame and ship it to me for $20 via UPS...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/08/09 10:12 PM

Let me know if he says that it's that, okay? A friend of mine had it and took medicine for it. It went away.

I can do that... :thumbsup:

make sure your doc knows that you have a CDL...medication is a real huge issue as you well know!!

diet and smoking can effect your hair as well...

Glad to see that you are going to get out of the truck for a few days once in awhile...THAT is important!!

Living in a walk-in closet can take its toll as you know!!

Stay Safe...

I hear that PDMD (professional driver medical depots) are becoming more frequent...Nashville, i think, has the original one...I know there is one or two out west as well...I noted that more truck stops are having docs and chiropractor in them as well..

Iowa 80 has everything!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/08/09 09:38 PM

If you have to replace the toilet, which is not that difficult really...just do NOT forget to buy a wax ring and use it!!

just sayin...

I always get an extra wax ring...just in case...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/08/09 09:04 PM

I would think that stress could have an effect on your hair. Stress does have an effect on the entire body...especially when it is extended and maintained over a period of time..

Stress response in the body effects every system in the body so it would make physiological sense really...

Stress can also create some anxiety and the body response to anxiety can be significant...again, if the raised anxiety level is maintained over time, the effects can be multi-system as well...

I say yes, it can.