Community > Posts By > lighthouselover

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 04:04 PM
Edited by lighthouselover on Fri 07/24/09 04:06 PM

Oh My mY MY!!

Have I got an evening planned!!!

and after the incredibly dazzling day I have had!!! planting the last of the perennials in the rain, having dirt and mud cover my legs, arms, and face...the smell of bug spray on my skin...my own little "garden spa"!! mud packed I was!

First, I prepared for this evening by taking a shower, and then putting on my most seductive cotton jammie pants with an over sized t-shirt that does not match...yet has always been part of the ensemble...

I will dine on a divine meal of cereal or what ever I have that is easy to make...

THEN....then comes the most incredible evening...I will walk down the boardwalk...slowly...with my hair blowing in the breeze so that it gets a little bit dry anyway....

wearing the delicate purple evening crocs...as I near the Adirondack chair that sits at the top of the sand dune...I will gently plop my fat arse into it and watch the sunset...as it sets over the lake...

*sigh* a vision I am!! *sigh*

:wink:

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 03:51 PM

I would eat the steak and give the shrimp to the person at the table that likes shrimp...'

I have an allergy to shell fish...ohwell

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 03:15 PM

Just woke up from mondo nap, no sleep last night.

Its 5:00 and sexy guy hasnt called yet.

I hate when people dont confim the same day... grrrrr!!

I thought you were going somewhere for the weekend with Mr. Guy...or did I get that wrong?

what

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 03:05 PM

it is too much work to pretend, IMO.

I have a hard time keeping my day straight when I am being me, I can only imagine how difficult it would be to pretend to be someone else!

I am not creative enough to be someone I am not...ohwell

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 03:02 PM

I planted the last 16 plants today, mostly in the rain...it just had to be done! I was mud from head to toe!

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 08:49 AM
Edited by lighthouselover on Fri 07/24/09 08:51 AM

Everyone!! Dance along...sing along...

There is nothing to fear when we are Somewhere Over the Rainbow!!

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby

Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
A way above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Blue birds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then oh why can't I?

If happy little blue birds fly beyond the rainbow
Why oh why can't I?

We can fly...really...just follow us!! It is the most wonderful place!!!

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 12:26 AM

What would you suggest as a good one?

Just curious.

Oh geez, put me on the spot why don't ya? lol!

Umm well it's best to start out simple... maybe throw a small compliment to the person you're emailing, letting them know why you emailed them--what caught your eye, etc. Tell them something about yourself (something small... or ask how their day was), and leave them with a question that needs more than a yes or no answer. Also, don't give out your email or phone number in the first message--it sounds too desperate. And under no circumstances speak of "love" in the introductory email. lol

Since that is what everbody does I reckon I'll just avoid that.

I prefere to read their posts.

If I like something they say I might check the profile before I email them.

But when I do send one it will be about the post and possibly something I like in the profile(if I checked it).

Actually, barely anyone does that. Most people (in my experience) try to go for originality... and fall flat because they just don't have the same sense of humor as the recipient. Which is fine, I suppose, if you only want to date someone with your exact same mindset. Sometimes it's better to go simple in the beginning and lead up to more.

really? I think AB's approach is original. It is original to the current thought, and it can be serious as well...or it can show a different view point.

I really doubt there is too many ways to introduce yourself via a social network site anymore, JMO.

I could be wrong...

He likely send the same thing to every girl he emails.

laugh laugh laugh

I doubt it...

I was trying to look for another thread like this one that had some "starter emails' in it....but then I thought it may have been pulled because I think it is against the forum rules to post emails in here...not sure though....anyway, I could not find it...

Have a great night/day everyone!!

Jambo!

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 12:20 AM

What would you suggest as a good one?

Just curious.

Oh geez, put me on the spot why don't ya? lol!

Umm well it's best to start out simple... maybe throw a small compliment to the person you're emailing, letting them know why you emailed them--what caught your eye, etc. Tell them something about yourself (something small... or ask how their day was), and leave them with a question that needs more than a yes or no answer. Also, don't give out your email or phone number in the first message--it sounds too desperate. And under no circumstances speak of "love" in the introductory email. lol

Since that is what everbody does I reckon I'll just avoid that.

I prefere to read their posts.

If I like something they say I might check the profile before I email them.

But when I do send one it will be about the post and possibly something I like in the profile(if I checked it).

Actually, barely anyone does that. Most people (in my experience) try to go for originality... and fall flat because they just don't have the same sense of humor as the recipient. Which is fine, I suppose, if you only want to date someone with your exact same mindset. Sometimes it's better to go simple in the beginning and lead up to more.

really? I think AB's approach is original. It is original to the current thought, and it can be serious as well...or it can show a different view point.

I really doubt there is too many ways to introduce yourself via a social network site anymore, JMO.

I could be wrong...

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 12:15 AM

that sounds like a total scammer email!

I wonder if you google the first line or two if you would find the poem or email on line...laugh laugh

the only line missing is..."god-fearing"...

whoa whoa whoa

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/23/09 08:36 PM

I have never even seen that forum...is it on these forums?

or is this another one of those jokes I am not getting???

what

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/23/09 08:32 PM

You do not know what you do not know until you try to teach someone what you think you know.

One of my mentors in college said to me once that in order to really learn you must teach. He always said to "learn it, do it, teach it".

I have always been a believer in the dynamic process of "teach, learn, coach" (TLC method). I believe that once you learn something, in order to have an understanding of it, you must teach it, and then assist someone else in teaching it or applying it (coaching).

I also believe that any person has to be "ready" to learn...open to it, able to learn, and willing. I cannot teach someone anything that they are not ready to learn or be taught.

Generally, people will not change what they do not accept/acknowledge, so it is necessary to see or realize the possibility in the lesson in order to be taught or to learn.

I connect learning and teaching as a continuum, and it is a dynamic process, or one which continues to evolve over time.

as with any process or "pattern" that has been identified, there are variables involved.

People learn things and teach things in a variety of ways, with a variety of modalities. some people are more visual, some more intuitive, some more abstract, some more black/white...

One of my personal and professional ideals has always been to learn/teach...

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/23/09 03:14 PM

sending positive thoughts, prayers, energy and light!!

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/23/09 02:21 PM

:heart:Are you good at hiding your feelings when you have to?:heart:

bigsmile Why or why not? bigsmile

when I have to yes, I can hide them.

When I worked in psych and addiction, it was necessary to do just that much of the time. There were times when showing emotion was very necessary of course...yet, there were times when it was very critical to NOT show emotion.

I have gotten more "reserved" over time, and I tend to be guarded at times as well, more than I used to be...for various reasons.

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/23/09 02:05 PM

I'd buy a company so I could employee all those that are out of work !:banana:

Let me know when you start taking applications!!

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/23/09 12:23 PM
Edited by lighthouselover on Thu 07/23/09 12:24 PM

oh the up???!!!! Right on!

best blueberries I have ever eaten......the bears enjoy them, as well...you live in a magical place...I have not bee there in 30 years or so.......found memories abound......

The Blueberry Festival is in Marquette this weekend!!

Yes, I do live in a magical place...I call it "somewhere over the rainbow"...

I moved here about 11 years ago and I hope to not ever leave...

I bet that much has not changed in those 30 years in some places up here!!!

I miss Marquette!!!! I went to Northern my freshman year! I keep saying that I want to make a trip back up there! I will definately make it up there before I end up leaving the state (if I leave state).

if you do, I would love to meet you! I have a home on the sugar sand beaches of Lake Superior a little way out of Marquette! it is a very peaceful and Enchanted!!

happy flowerforyou

(and you can tell me what you think of the gardens too!!)

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/23/09 08:21 AM

Is it just me, or do the best and most intelligent shows never last on American TV? Boston Legal, American Dreams, Studio 60, The West Wing - all beautifully written poignant shows. Married With Children goes on and on, yet smart people shows die off early. Go figure.

it may have something to do with the attention span of many people who watch TV.

what

I think Boston Legal was very "current" and used humor appropriately! This would be a series that I would get the DVD of!!

lighthouselover's photo
Thu 07/23/09 07:00 AM
laugh laugh laugh

It was a joke JaneStar...

chill...:smile:

the end of me here, seriously~

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 09:15 PM

if we did not have a purpose to be here, would we be here?

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 08:56 PM

Do we flow up hill or down?

ever hear of uphill flow?

**** always runs downhill.

My father was a brick layer and he always said,"Deb, always have a plumber as a friend, they are the only ones that can make **** run up hill!!"

The flow may go right through the hill. It may go around the hill.

The flow may be so thick it will build up and become greater than the hill.

I believe that we all have a purpose...it is not the same for each person.

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 08:39 PM

i wonder how many people still have the tag on their pillows and mattresses that say...

Do not remove this tag...

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25