Community > Posts By > lighthouselover

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 08:38 AM

I just lost my job after 9 years of working and am pretty bummed out.... please say a few words of prayer so i can find another job

I will send positive energy, prayers, and beacons of light!!

I lost my job about 10 months ago...I know how difficult it is to find another one!!

Stay positive in the possibility!!

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 08:33 AM

Because of the bankruptcy GM is not responsible for injuries or deaths do to factory defects.

There is an estimated 30 million vehicles with defects on the road.

Wow that is just unbelieveable!!!

Make an unsafe product= ok maybe a faulty part

Take bailout money = just wrong

File bankruptcy = a load of crap(Ford is making it without help)

Not being responsible for a product with a defect you put on the road= JUST FRICKIN PRICELESS

Does the word "PINTO" ring a bell for anyone?

Lee Iaccoca?

Ford Motor Company actually discussed re-calling the Pinto's that were on the road, and the re-design of the assembly line...

they actually came up with the price of the re-design vs. the price of a human life...

after careful consideration, and looking at the number of Pinto's in the market, coupled along with the probability of an accident...

Ford Motor Company executives decided that it would be cheaper to just pay off any accident victims rather than re-design the assembly of the Pinto or to re-call the Pinto's that were already driving on the road!

What makes you think that anything is priceless when it comes to business? EVERYTHING has a price...and Ford Motor Company put one on the human life!!!

Ethics??? laugh laugh

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 08:25 AM
Edited by lighthouselover on Tue 07/28/09 08:26 AM

<---texts boogers while driving. Gonna snot your headlights because you've been following me for 20 miles with your high beams on. Ooops! No boogers? Just blew your nose? That's ok. Reaches into ashtray and pulls out a tube of daisy BBs for a BB gun. Pours 10 to 20 of them into hand. Rolls down window. Holds hand out with BBs. Drops them straight down. At 70 miles per hour they bounce and spin and turn into little bullets smashing out your inconsiderate high beam headlites. One headlight dark. Two headlites dark. You're on the shoulder with your flashers on. Ooops. Don't make me angry. Ben franklin stores had a sale on kids toys. Ball and jacks? I bought em all. Steel jacks. Filled snapple tea bottles full of those steel jacks. Better than police stop sticks. Just toss a bottle out the window- 4 flats- right now. My snapple stopper. Just call me mcgyver. Or james blonde 006.

*furiously taking notes*

Great ideas!! I love it!! I have a whole bunch of BB's!!

and we have a Dollar store here too!!! toys toys toys!!

drinker Brilliant!!

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 08:13 AM

I am going to come back to read all of these!! I don't have the time right now...

I love what I scanned quickly!!

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 08:10 AM

Oh, I've got a brand new pair of roller skates...& you've got a brand new key...

dang it!! that is what I was going to post!!

rofl rofl rofl

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 08:08 AM

Well after that I guess it's safe to say I thought he was more than a bit nuts.

yes...perhaps he was just a bit nutz...smokin yet, I have to wonder if that would have been a good thing...:wink:

it seems, so far, that being just a "tad" nutz is not all that bad, IMO...

I have questioned the sanity of many of the decisions that have taken place over the years...

I actually think that there needs to be a very savvy business person in the government to run the financial stuff, and then they can hire other savvy people to do the other savvy things...like the wars and things...

Think about it...the government would have made a killing on wall street and then sold out prior to the crash...America would be rich!! just like Perot!

Did I mention that I have little to no love for politics? and that I cannot accept that some of the most 'intelligent' people have turned this country into a mess?

What is being a "tad" nutz gonna hurt??

:wink: laugh :wink: laugh

rofl rofl rofl

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 07:56 AM

that, just because they are driving in their car -- that they can pick their nose... I mean... I CAN SOOOO SEE YOU!!!...
sick sick sick
Thats close but NOT as bad as guys who masterbate while driving,,,,,now THATS just wrong....
You may ask,'how would I know they do?
Well as a trucker for many years ,,THEY will turn on their dome lights at night and slow down beside ya to SHOW YA THAT...so I turn into their lane and watch them get the FU%K away from me,wink..lol

Let us not forget the women who do this as well...and the couples...

it is just amazing what people will show you they are doing when you are driving a truck!!

I have had people, both genders, show me every part of their body when they have pulled up beside the truck!

picking their nose...it is gross...but honestly, I really don't look at other drivers all that much...more worried about where their vehicle is in relation to mine!

and no, they are so "into" their own world, they probably do not think about who can or cannot see them!! (pun intended)

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/28/09 07:47 AM

Thank God, Lisa, that the kids are not physically harmed, and I know you are very thankful for that. I am sure they will be a bit jumpy for a long while from their close call, and terror attack.

It is so very sad that many people are afraid to care, afraid to help...afraid to get involved. If ONE person would have done something, that the "crowd mentality" would probably have kicked in and everyone would have joined together to fight off this addict. It is a saving grace that the kids had mobiles!!

There is so much violence today in the world, that I honestly think people are "normalized" to it.

Many people are more shocked and surprised when a random act of kindness is done to them, then they are when some violent act takes place, IMO. I offered to take a cart back for someone the other day, and you would have thought that I was crazy from the look she gave me!

I would talk to the police, talk to the newspaper, talk to the bus company...

there is so much violence in the world...

lighthouselover's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:44 PM

definitely not

the sun does night rise when related to the earth

but will the earth rotate to brighten your day tomorrow

:wink:

technically, yes...

however....there is that song..."sunrise, sunset"

so, what would they do about that???

happy

lighthouselover's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:27 PM

Sadly, it will never happen. Anyone wanna come live with me in a log cabin in the woods away from drama queens. We can live off the land.happy laugh

I already live in a place just like that!! I can go days without seeing another human being...

I love it!!

lighthouselover's photo
Mon 07/27/09 06:20 PM

Thank you smiles for posting that quiz the other day! Here's fishing for a per-question commentary/debate.

2 Is the sun going to rise tomorrow?

Definitely.
Probably.
There's no way of knowing for sure.
Definitely not.

(or other)

probably, yet there is no way of knowing for sure. AND, it may not rise for some...

lighthouselover's photo
Mon 07/27/09 03:55 PM

I just made a fruit dip that is really really great!!

The usual one that I use is the creme cheese and marshmellow creme with a bit of red food coloring and cherry extract.

The one I just tried was honey with lime juice and poppy seeds in it!

I drizzled it over the cut up fruit and sprinkled some toasted almonds over it as well...

yummy!!

lighthouselover's photo
Mon 07/27/09 03:48 PM
Edited by lighthouselover on Mon 07/27/09 03:48 PM

Never heard of sugar sands beach... but I didn't get to explore that much up there... unless you count being drafted to drive a stick-shift (with little experience) from Marquette to Barga because the other girls were already drunk and wanted to go hang out with the boys! LOL

I absolutely love Lake Superior! It was fun getting to swim in it. Never got to do the cliff jumping though. Missed the Aura. But got to see a meteor shower! :smile:

The sand on the beach is very fine, like sugar...there is about 50 miles of it from east of Marquette to Munising. It is not as fine as the sand in the Caribbean, yet it is so clean and great for the feet!!

The skies are great here for viewing any of the wonders of the Universe! there is so little light pollution, even in town...out here, where I live...none! the stars are in the millions!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally have all the plants I got planted! I will have to wait until next year to really see the labor of this love!

It has been rainy here for the past week and I really miss being in the gardens everyday...

I did get books from the library and I received THREE catalogs in the mail!! WooT!! even if I cannot buy anything, it is so fun to look!!

lighthouselover's photo
Mon 07/27/09 03:36 PM

What does beer do for your hair, is this some kind of beauty treatment.drinker

It is believed to increase the body of the hair...not really sure it works all that great.

My brother and his wife are both trained hair stylists for 25 years, they own several salons, and they both say it really doesn't do that much for the hair...

who knows, I heard that Vodka is supposed to remove product build up, and vinegar is supposed to give you more shine...

I just love my Aveda products!! all natural ingredients!!

lighthouselover's photo
Mon 07/27/09 02:37 PM

Cleaned all day. Talked on phone. E-mailed sent roses. Took shower gettin ready for dinner

I did not get the roses yet...

are they supposed to be delivered today??

flowerforyou

They were already delivered!! flowerforyou

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

I get it now!!slaphead

You didn't send ME roses!!!

laugh laugh laugh

just being a smart arse....

lighthouselover's photo
Mon 07/27/09 02:32 PM

Cleaned all day. Talked on phone. E-mailed sent roses. Took shower gettin ready for dinner

I did not get the roses yet...

are they supposed to be delivered today??

flowerforyou

lighthouselover's photo
Mon 07/27/09 02:31 PM

It's like watching a train wreck. But hard not to.

If it werent for optimisim, wed all be old, single, and lonely.

Thank God that Connie, nor I, is old, single, OR lonely!!

We are livin and lovin life!!!

lighthouselover's photo
Mon 07/27/09 01:06 PM

It's like watching a train wreck. But hard not to.

are you on the same road I am??

*watching for the train wreck to happen*

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 09:09 PM

Chillin like a villain.

smoking a cigerette.

Thinking of sexy guy..

he called and said when he got back from our date last night, he tripped, and dislocated his shoulder, he just got out of the hospital, and is also in a neckbrace.

OMG! laugh

Neither of us drink either.

I said: "so our date last night was expensive, AND dangerous". laugh

I feel so bad for him, I was upstaged by a loose shoelace. laugh

Better than a loose woman I imagine.

Poor baby. Well maybe i can be his nursie now. bigsmile :wink:

wow!! that seems like a pretty serious shoulder injury to be in the hospital over night!! noway noway

That is really going to mess up his recording stuff too, right?

so, when are you going to get to spend time with him again? That was pretty dramatic for the first meeting!!! let's hope that your next date ends much better!!

Ono, he wasnt in the hospital overnight, he went today, and came out in a few hours, that was when he was walking in back from our date to his front door.

Ah I asked him, he said hell just do everything with his other hand. lol Hes not going to tour again, he hates it, he writes all the lyrics, and music, and stuff, and has two guys rap it out for his group.

Nah, all hes got to do is sign his contract, hes only gotta use the sound board to produce other artists, so not SO bad.

Ill for sure see him this weekend.. he wants me to spend the wekend with him in Dallas, and do some fun stuff around the city, and introduce me to his friends, and see the studio.

Lol, I am pretty sure I left a lasting impression on him though on our date.. lol.. he says so anyway. :tongue:

*claps hand wildly*

Oh Goody!! new, exciting pictures!!!

that sounds like it will be wonderfully fantastical!!!

just remember the right shoulder is OFF limits now for a while!!

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 09:04 PM
When we can embrace that we are all humans with the same needs then we can create true peace and harmony throughout the planet. Until then we shall continue to watch the many disagreements, bigotry, superstitions, differences, racism, intolerance, dangerous egos, and other petty reasons for keeping a planet unstable.

I have seen too many cultures clash because of different national prides, color, race, and idealogies in my profession. If the human ego doesn't disappear then we shall never see peace.

It is sad to study in history and it is sad to watch on the news, and it is even worse to experience in reality.

Such an idealogy that I dream for will probably remain nothing more then a dream, yet I preach the impossible regardless if many can't grasp it as a possiblity. Then I shall just remain as a idealist that keeps dreaming the impossible.

Sorry to have killed your thread. I am sure you will find many people who will tell you stories of how they personally have met and got along with many nationalities and races. Have fun with it and I hope you learn something unique from itdrinker

Yes, I agree...

WE must appreciate and embrace the DIFFERENCES that make up people...to embrace them and respect the differences is the idealistic view that I strive for...that I dream of...

There are many differences among people...that enables me to learn, to respect, to embrace those differences in human beings...

we may all have the same needs, yet many people are at different levels of those needs...and THAT must be respected to grow as 'one' in the Universe...

true peace and harmony can and WILL be achieved...I believe that as well...

I do believe that to respect the differences in cultures, colors, and needs will result in One Love...

People may need the same thing, yet, not at the same time...a person must go where that person is to start the growth process...and that is different in different cultures and colors...

we do not need to be the same in order to respect each other...

JMO...

sorry Dan for getting off topic....

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25