Community > Posts By > lighthouselover

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 08:35 PM
brokenheart

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 08:31 PM
Edited by lighthouselover on Wed 07/22/09 08:34 PM

to everything there is a purpose...

what may be a waste to some; may not be to someone else.

flowerforyou :wink: smile2

oh, and I tend to be a thread killer so we can count this one over and out!!

Peace out!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 08:19 PM

hauling my fat arse to bed...I just hope I can sleep tonight...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 07:44 PM

try an ice pack on the back of your neck. It can sometimes help...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 07:30 PM

if you like it, you will enjoy all the seasons!!

it makes me laugh just to think of some of the shows...

the end of the series was not my favorite season though...

Enjoy!!

I laughed every week!!

friggen Denny Crane!!!
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 07:28 PM

I thought the show was hilarious, yet they addressed very current issues...

the entire legal process is not shown all the time, there are some episodes that do show when they prep the clients...

It was one show that I really did enjoy watching!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 07:25 PM

a true "Jumper"? like in the movie?

Which movie? I've seen many.

Jumper....

http://www.jumperthemovie.com/

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 07:19 PM

just scared the raccoons off the deck again!! those bastiches!! they are always trying to get into something!! now it was the bird bath!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 07:17 PM

how much does memory impact our image perception?

if someone had been attacked with a sword prior, that would maybe give them an image view of stress, fear, death even...

If someone was a collector of swords, they may view the image as a "crown" of glory so to say...

someone previously saw them as a form of acupuncture, I wonder if that person has had acupuncture before...

all the images interpretations would have been impacted by memory...
can we view an image without bringing memory into the perception?

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 07:12 PM

a true "Jumper"? like in the movie?

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 07:11 PM
Edited by lighthouselover on Wed 07/22/09 07:18 PM

trying to decide if I should go to bed or get something done before my guests get here next week...

Do both. Fold some napkins in bed or something!

I guess if you can multi task at work with sleeping and working I can do that here too!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 07:05 PM

trying to decide if I should go to bed or get something done before my guests get here next week...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 06:19 PM

You can also stick the neck of a bottle of vodka in 'em...:wink:

Do tell. smokin

that works good with watermelon and oranges too!! Everclear is what we used years ago!!

we used a syringe to put the alcohol in the fruit!!!

what a friggen hilarious memory!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 06:10 PM

I did not know anything about it...

it is with a gmail account? I know there is a very simple chat with gmail that I use from time to time...

interesting, I hear that Google is also developing an OS...due out next year I think...

I have not even used Skype..(sp)

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 06:07 PM

Lucky you!!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 06:04 PM

I'd go back and copy down all my mom's recipes.

I lucked out on that one. I actually spent a lot of time in the kitchen helping my mother cook and learning her recipes first hand.

And she did a lot of baking too. So in addition to making things like great meals, I also learned the secrets of making great cakes, pies, and bread. In fact, I still make my own bread today. I use a bread making machine now, but I still use mom's old recipes. bigsmile

Yep, I did do some things right when I was back there in the past.

It wasn't a total disaster. Just the same I'd like to go back and do it again even better.

there is not any guarantee that things will be better...IF you change one thing, it will set off a pattern of changes that will affect every choice you made and every choice you did not make...and everyone that was affected by those original choices...

You did not live with impact on others...

would you go back to make your life better, knowing that it would not be good for other people?

you will have no control over that...

There are many many mistakes that I would love to change, yet, it is not just those that would change...everything would change...and then even if we had the knowledge or wisdom we do now...it may be different than the knowledge or wisdom that would be of benefit...

I believe that you cannot "unring" a bell...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 05:58 PM

My apologies to JeannieBean, because ever since the question was posted...I have had this in my head...

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Till Eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 05:21 PM

I'll be in the Emerald City painting the horses of different colors. bigsmile

OH!! MY!! This is going to be a gala affair!!

I hope there is dancing!!! :banana:

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 04:48 PM

here is another set of images...

http://www.rorschach.org/

is there anything that we think of that does NOT bring an image to our mind/conscious/vision...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 04:24 PM

And how long has BHO's Aunt been here illegally?
Talk about blatant selective enforcement of the Law.

I am not in favor on ANYONE who is in our country illegally. I really don't care who it is or where they are...they need to either get legal or leave, IMO.

However, this entire situation would not have been picked up by the Feds at all. The FAA had approved the flight plan, obviously without regard to checking anything out...

IF it had not been for the civil situation in Texas and the judge there contacting officials here...they would probably not have been noticed. It sounds like they had been sitting in Texas for quite some time...4 months, I think.

Also, if they had been at a much bigger airport, they may have not been detained as the length of time for information to get communicated takes much longer...

The Feds did not detain them until the local Sheriff's office took a look, which was ONLY done due to the civil case in Texas that was on going...

so, really, it was not the intention to find people who were illegal at all, it just kind of happened...

Why they choose the flight plan they did, I cannot understand...except I know that many of the flights that go to Ireland and England from the west fly over the area all the time due to taking the 'short cut' over the curve of the Earth...

I do not think this was "selective" at all...it was really an "accident" so to say...

The thing of it is, the FAA approved the flight plan! The Feds did not even check out to see if the foreign pilot had a visa to be here!!!

Filing a flight plan involves calling it in and getting a clearance.... which anybody can do. The system is there to maintain order in the air, not to check your visa.

ok

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25