Community > Posts By > lighthouselover

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:56 PM

Chillin like a villain.

smoking a cigerette.

Thinking of sexy guy..

he called and said when he got back from our date last night, he tripped, and dislocated his shoulder, he just got out of the hospital, and is also in a neckbrace.

OMG! laugh

Neither of us drink either.

I said: "so our date last night was expensive, AND dangerous". laugh

I feel so bad for him, I was upstaged by a loose shoelace. laugh

Better than a loose woman I imagine.

Poor baby. Well maybe i can be his nursie now. bigsmile :wink:

wow!! that seems like a pretty serious shoulder injury to be in the hospital over night!! noway noway

That is really going to mess up his recording stuff too, right?

so, when are you going to get to spend time with him again? That was pretty dramatic for the first meeting!!! let's hope that your next date ends much better!!

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 06:07 PM

I grew up in north western MN. Most of it farm land and small towns. Most of it was Caucasian people who were from Skanda-hovian country...Norway and Sweden...the rest were Germans and Polish for the most part...

Yet, I was always aware that the color of a persons skin really did not define people for me. When I was raising my children in North Eastern ND...I wanted them to be exposed to many different types of people, so I had them work at the National Parks in the summer time when there were old enough...they were exposed to people from all over the world!!

I really thought it was more about the culture than any race...

I worked with several different NDN tribes over the years and it was about the culture of the tribe...

I have several friends who are Jewish, all of them Reform Jews, so they are much different in their everyday culture than an Orthodox.

Regardless of the color of skin, I think the cultural differences are the areas that I treasure about people...that is always a great learning opportunity for me...

Last summer, I had people from 5 countries at my home...there were some things that everyone seemed to connect on...and then things like...Rice Krispie bars were differences...

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 05:49 PM

Want to go to the lake to fish. I need plenty.

maybe one day Connie...maybe one day...:wink:

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 12:26 PM

AMC, in the Lower Upper Michigan Ch. 50, Charter Cable

3rd season

Thanks! I will have to tell Darrel about it, he may like that show...

AMC, channel 53 Charter in da UP!!

although, I did enjoy "The Wire"....happy

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 11:26 AM

is it on cable channel?

what season is it?

I am too lazy to use google right now...ohwell

thanks!!

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 11:22 AM

critical thinking skills! now there is something that is a "new" concept,eh???

Knowledge is power..."they say"...maybe it is in some ways...perhaps the knowledge on how to keep the sheeples/masses ignorant is the power!!

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 11:19 AM

I hope it was not on the same side as your shoulder that you hurt when you fell down...

Have you thought about the reason that you are falling down is possibly because you are just a tad intoxicated????

If you are gonna drink that much, have you ever thought about NOT standing up? just drink while sitting on the floor?

just sayin...

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 11:13 AM

what is the reading level of the newspapers?

I think it is somewhere around a 6th grade level...

the attention span of people has been go

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 11:09 AM

I think so, yes. If we have good and positive thoughts, we can have a good life. If we have negative, pessimistic thoughts, then our quality of life will be lessened.

for a while yes. but friendships and relationships will ultimately determine quality of life. no matter your outlook when you have enough crap tossed on you it does get tough. for example 2 family member having near death experiences in the same week. both in ICU and totally unrelated. at the same time losing your job and other person in your relationship starts cheating on you. Well positive outlook at that point may be tough to have. that is where having friends comes into play.

Yes..and IF you are a negative, pessimistic person...what kind of people are going to be around you?

NOT a whole lot of positive, up people...

The "Eeyore" type of people can suk the life out of a person so fast!!! many times they have depleted the emotional bank account of many of their friends!!

just sayin....

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 11:02 AM

I agree...

"What you live in you learn,
What you learn you practice,
What you practice you become!"

~Earnie Larson

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 08:18 AM

Not trying to start a fight, I just want to know if Im wrong. FEEL FREE TO BE HONEST

If you believe that if everyone votes, the world becomes a happier place...then I do not believe that to be true, and would question you further as to why you think that...

IMO, People are responsible for their own happiness...others can add to it, and others can help someone with their happiness, although, IMO, happiness is up to the individual person, and it comes from within that person and out to others...

I think it would be a much "better" world if everyone spent 5 minutes each day smiling at others, and doing random acts of kindness....

and neither one of those things have to be voted on!!

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 08:03 AM

I do not understand what your question is, it is cut off...sorry.

lighthouselover's photo
Sun 07/26/09 07:21 AM

I am far from desperate. I just keep thinking that there are intelligent interesting people on this site. Yes I have posted before on several forums, but never in such an infantile way that I have seen on this one. Another strike against finding a person who has the same values that I do.

The best to you in your new adventure!!!

there is a saying that I like...

"If you think you can or if you think you can't...You are right!!!"

lighthouselover's photo
Sat 07/25/09 08:25 AM

wow...that just seems tacky...

THAT is all the better the marketing dept can do? and to think they got paid good money for that!!

sad...

I must be getting a bit "prudish" in my years...just seems tacky to me...sad2

Deb,, it did to me too. But I guess tacky sells??

That is what I mean...sad, isn't it?

I guess the target demographic for that commercial was found to be the people who are going into Hardees..

so, now I can associate Hardee's with "A-hole's"???? because, really, THAT is the message that people are talking about, no?

I guess....laugh laugh

lighthouselover's photo
Sat 07/25/09 08:22 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO WISH I WAS DEAD.............

Will you please stop saying that? I have seen you say that so many times...

is that a joke to you? I find it a bit disturbing when I see someone keep mentioning that they want to die...or wish they were dead...

Honestly, if you are serious, then please get some help...

if you are joking around then I guess IMO, this is not funny...

oops offtopic

lighthouselover's photo
Sat 07/25/09 08:19 AM

wow...that just seems tacky...

THAT is all the better the marketing dept can do? and to think they got paid good money for that!!

sad...

I must be getting a bit "prudish" in my years...just seems tacky to me...sad2

lighthouselover's photo
Sat 07/25/09 08:02 AM
Edited by lighthouselover on Sat 07/25/09 08:04 AM
The payments outlined in the contracts say Suleman's kids will collectively earn $125,000 for 36 days of shooting in the first year of production, $75,000 for 21 days in the second year and $50,000 for 14 days in the third year. Any extra shooting days will be compensated at the same rate.

The contract also states that 15 percent of the gross compensation will be deposited by Eyeworks into a "Coogan Trust Account," as required by California law. The monies can't be touched until the children turn 18 or become legally emancipated.

SO SHE IS GETTING TO KEEP 85% to live off of!!

so, the $125,000.00 collectively divided by the 36 days of shooting, would come out to be about $3200.00 a day, divided by 14 children, which would come out to be about $225.00 per child/per day...

and 15% of that is about $34.00 into a trust, leaving about $191.00 gross, which taxes would have to come out of...so, that would be about 50%...leaving about $100.00 per day for the mom?

so, that would amount to $3600.00?

wow, that really does not seem like very much...but the way the earnings were written above, it seems like this would be pretty close...

(I am not saying it should be more or less...it just seemed like it was really not that "good" of a deal for what some of this "reality" TV is paying...)

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 05:42 PM

congrats!!

how long has it been since you have been able to be together??

That is wonderful news!!

About 6 months. Sucks big time but, though she hates her job and wants to move back to Texas...the American job market cannot compete. If it gives you a clue..she has had 36 visas stamped in her passport in the last 6 months.

Don't misunderstand....I met her when she was 12 and I was 15....dated into our early 20's....we have loved each other for a long time....we just never got over each other. Her job contract is for almost 4 more years...I will be lucky to see her 2-3 per year. But, I am a patient man.....and faith and trust has NEVER been an issue between us.

THAT is really great!

Makes my heart smile!!

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 05:31 PM

congrats!!

how long has it been since you have been able to be together??

That is wonderful news!!

lighthouselover's photo
Fri 07/24/09 04:33 PM

I think I will get out one of those plastic Martguerita glasses with the cactus on the stem...

and then pop open a fresh can of diet cola...

I may get adventuress and put in an ice cube or two...

and pretend I am drinking that stuff in the commercial where they say...(whatever the name of the liquor is I can't remember) on the rocks....

and then swing around, although not very fast or I will probably fall over...and look in the mirror on the wall and laugh!!

or I might just drink it straight up warm out of the can like I usually do...

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25