Community > Posts By > dae11x

dae11x's photo
Fri 07/11/08 04:02 PM

You did the right thing, Hobbes is looking down on you and wishing that you would not beat yourself up over this. I had to do the same thing with my beloved dog and even though it has been over a year I still miss her, but I know that she is not suffering. She will always be with me just as Hobbes will always be with you. Remember the good things and smile often about him. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou
Thank you, McCatty. And I'm sorry to hear about your dog. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

dae11x's photo
Fri 07/11/08 04:01 PM

don't they have a pet thread here ?.
I think they have .
tears tears tears tears .
There is no "pet" thread here. Sorry for any inconvenience.

dae11x's photo
Fri 07/11/08 03:13 PM
Empathy.

dae11x's photo
Fri 07/11/08 11:34 AM

As some of you may know, I had my cat Hobbes put to sleep over a month ago because he had an inoperable tumor in his face. I thought I knew it was time for him to go when I woke up one day and he wasn't interested in eating or drinking. But I'm looking at all of this **** about when it's time to let go, and they're basically telling me I did it too soon. That there were other things I could have done. I didn't want to do that. I wanted him to be happy. I took him for a long walk and then a drive (his favorite things to do) before we went to the vet.

I know this is a part of grieving, the "what if's" so thank you all for listening to me. flowerforyou

i feel your pain, i always think IF i had done more, would they have lived longer and the answer by the vets were NO. he was suffering, but i still think to do this day what IF, even though we did the right thing. you DID do the right think, dont beat yourself up, its cruel to watch a animal suffer and you stopped the suffering, so my heart goes out to you. it proves you have a :heart: to not let your animal suffer. im still so very sorry for your loss. flowerforyou flowerforyou :heart: :heart:
Thanks, Debbie. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

dae11x's photo
Fri 07/11/08 11:13 AM
I love it!! laugh laugh laugh laugh

dae11x's photo
Fri 07/11/08 10:42 AM
laugh laugh laugh

dae11x's photo
Fri 07/11/08 09:55 AM
noway noway noway

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

dae11x's photo
Fri 07/11/08 08:31 AM

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 04:10 PM

I have some clothes that will never fit me again. I have just now given up the idea that my waist will ever be that size again and that rainbow striped leg warmers might come back into fashion. laugh
You never know about those leg warmers in Minnesota, though. I hear Zubaz are making a comeback. noway noway noway noway noway noway

And before anyone starts in on me about dissin' the Land of 10,000 Lakes, I'm from there!

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 04:08 PM
noway noway noway noway noway

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 03:57 PM
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 01:21 PM

either not talking or not listening
Well, when you're being force fed a recitation of the Dead Sea Scrolls, it's hard to be a good listener.

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 01:20 PM

I am so sick of people taking things out of context and making it a race issue? When is it going to stop? Why can't people just take a conversation at face value and stop making something out of nothing.
Ditto.

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 12:28 PM
I think talking way too much about one's self is a HUGE turnoff. And I'm not a big fan of the inappropriate chest glancing either.

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 11:16 AM
That's one thing I don't miss about MN!

If the bites are really itchy, I used to use something called "Sting stop" - you can get it at a co-op/whole foods store. And try baking soda baths. Those help the itching too.

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 10:23 AM
Pizza, beer, and hot men with a cute smile.

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 09:41 AM

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 09:40 AM

I have given myself a time out for snapping at a coworker this morning. I was such a jerk! frustrated

They said the flowers should arrive around 2pm. whoa flowers

What do you do when you've done a coworker wrong? slaphead

Please don't tell me I'm the only one! :angel: spock
I think a simple apology would suffice. No need to dwell on it.

You seem like such a sweet person, that I can't imagine you snapping at anyone. Or if you did, that it would be as bad as you're making it out to be. flowerforyou flowerforyou
It's that it came from ME that makes it bad. I am not like that normally, which is one of the reasons they like working with me...usually. She has a right to tell everyone what a tyrant I am now...reputation is out the winnow. :tongue:
You're human, and I don't think one "snap" makes you a tyrant. bigsmile bigsmile

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 08:57 AM

I have given myself a time out for snapping at a coworker this morning. I was such a jerk! frustrated

They said the flowers should arrive around 2pm. whoa flowers

What do you do when you've done a coworker wrong? slaphead

Please don't tell me I'm the only one! :angel: spock
I think a simple apology would suffice. No need to dwell on it.

You seem like such a sweet person, that I can't imagine you snapping at anyone. Or if you did, that it would be as bad as you're making it out to be. flowerforyou flowerforyou

dae11x's photo
Thu 07/10/08 08:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

How's your dog doing?