Community > Posts By > LadyValkyrie37

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 01/20/08 01:50 PM

I am a Satanist.

devil

Really, at 22 years you were accepted into the Church of Satan? Reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly? The real church of satan?? hhhmmmm... K.

Anton levy and his church are fools

No they are not....Not the REAL satanic church which has nothing to do with Satan at all. But at 22 there is no way they would accept him... he hasn't established himself enough yet in society....

You know this how?

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 01/20/08 01:48 PM

I'm a dirty Pagan Heathen.....bigsmile

Take a bath.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 01/20/08 01:47 PM

Jewish And Catholic .... Half and Half

How is that even possible??

Jewish by birth, yet Catholic by faith?

One cannot be both Jewish and Catholic at the same time.... It is like being a meat eating vegitarian....WTF???

Think outside the box...

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 01/20/08 01:46 PM

Christian Pagan Witch... with some Buddhist and LeVayian Satanic philosophies thrown in the mix... I guess you could say I'm very eclectic.
flowerforyou you are a very spiritualy inclined person.flowerforyou

Most people call me a crazy ***** laugh

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 01/20/08 01:43 PM

Christian Pagan Witch... with some Buddhist and LeVayian Satanic philosophies thrown in the mix... I guess you could say I'm very eclectic.

What is a christian Pagan Witch Buddhist?? Please explain....

I'm not a Buddhist. I blend aspects of Christianity, Paganism, Witchcraft, Buddhism, and LaVeyan Satanism into my own spiritual beliefs. I take what I feel is right and beneficial for me personally from each of these religions, beliefs, and philosophies and leave the rest.

To clarify even more, I am a Pagan who embraces the Holy Trinity as my chosen Diety. I worship Father God, Mother Goddess (who to me is the Holy Spirit), and their son Jesus the Christ (the annointed one).

I don't believe that The Holy Bible is infalliable. In fact I believe at one time it was the inspired word of God, however, it was written by the hands of imperfect men who have their own selfish agendas.

I not only read and study the Holy Bible though. I also suppliment my studies with other Christian and Gnostic texts such as "The Lost Books of the Bible," "The Pistis Sophia," The Nag Hammadi Library," and "The Apocrypha." I look at all of these texts, including The Holy Bible, as spiritual texts that have spiritual lessons within. I apply what I feel is beneficial to me and leave the rest.

I also practice Witchcraft (Magick)... more specifically I'm what they call a "kitchen witch" where hearth and home is my main focus.

How does Buddhism fit into all this? I read and study a lot of Thich Nhat Hahn's teachings on mindfulness. Thich Nhat Hahn is Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk, teacher, author, and peace activist. I was introduced to these mindfulness skills that he teaches many years ago when I was taking DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy). I do not by any means call myself a Buddhist. I do however, take some aspects of Zen Buddhism and add it to my own spiritual practices.

How does LaVeyan Satanism fit into all of this? I've read everything I could get my hands on by Anton LaVey. I agree with a lot of LaVey's philosophies, but of course I don't believe enough to call myself a Satanist. What I do agree with LaVey on I add it to my own spiritual practices.

Let me give you an example...

If there is someone who is out to harm my loved ones in any way, shape, or form, and the usual methods of help are not successful for me and my loved ones I will turn to Magick. I will use Magick as a way to protect me and my loved ones from harm. If need be, I will use Magick to bring about justice when all earthly methods of justice have not prevailed. In short one's own moral compass decides what is right and wrong. That's why "The Wiccan Rede" was given as advice not holy law, when practicing Magick, because it's not something that you go into lightly. At the same time, one can not be a doormat for certain people in this world who would take advantage of you in a heartbeat. I've looked at "The Book of Satan" by Anton Szandor LeVay for some very wise advice on this subject...

1. “Love one another” it has been said is the supreme law, but what power made it so? Upon what rational authority does the gospel of love rest? Why should I not hate mine enemies -- if I “love” them does that not place me at their mercy?
2. Is it natural for enemies to do good unto each other -- and WHAT IS GOOD?
3. Can the torn and bloody victom “love” the blood splashed jaws that rend him limb from limb?
4. Are we not all predatory animals by instinct? If humans ceased wholly from preying upon each other, could they continue to exist?
5. Is not “lust and carnal desire” a more truthful term to describe “love” when applied to the continuance of the race? Is not the “love” of the fawning scriptures simply a euphemism for sexual activity, or was the “great teacher” a glorifier or eunuchs?
6. Love your enemies and do good to them that hate and use you -- is this not the despicable philosophy of the spaniel that rolls upon its back when kicked?
7. Hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, SMASH him on the other!; smite him hip and thigh, for self-preservation is the highest law!
8. He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog!
9. Give blow for blow, scorn for scorn, doom for doom -- with compound interest liberally added thereunto! Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, aye four-fold, a hundred-fold! Make yourself a Terror to your adversary, and when he goeth his way, he will posses much additional wisdom to ruminate over. Thus shall you make yourself respected in all the walks of life, and your spirit -- your immortal spirit -- shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained.

It may be hard for you to understand, but I believe what Jesus taught in the Holy Bible and what Anton LaVey taught concerning love and enemies. The key factor is the specifics of any given situation. What Jesus teaches is not beneficial to any human being in every single situation. What LaVey teaches is not beneficial to any human being in every single situation. One cannot be like Jesus teaches and allow everyone treat you as a doormat all the time. At the same time one cannot be like LaVey teaches and allow anger and bitterness to take over ones heart and soul. One must gain the wisdom to determine which philosophy would be the most beneficial to oneself in that particular situation.

Now with this one example I gave I hope you can get a better picture of how I take from all these different religions and philosophies what I feel is beneficial to me and leave the rest.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sat 01/19/08 06:57 PM
never

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sat 01/19/08 06:55 PM
"The Goddess Companion"

Here is some advice for you:
make peace with all your family.
And here is more: never seek revenge,
even when you have just cause.
And here is even more: never break an oath,
for bad luck follows liars.
And here is my last advice: watch your words,
speak with care, avoid all
those whose speech is careless, for foolishness is loud,
but wisdom whispers.
~Scandanavian Lay of Sigrdrifa

It is common today to recognize the Goddess in nature, but our foremothers saw her in human society as well. Goddesses represented justice and the bonds of family, law and its ordering principle. We acknowledge this wisdom when we depict blind Themis holding her scales, or place the crown of Tyche on a ruler's head. Femininity is not only to be found in nature or in the worldview of goddess cultures; it is found in civilization as well.

Civilizing Goddesses offered advice that rings as true today as when it was uttered hundreds, or thousands, of years ago. The goddesses tell us to be prudent and truthful, to be honorable and loving. Beyond the changeful forms of society, some values seem to be constant. Following the advice of the Scandinavian Goddess Sigrdrifa can make our lives whole and serene.

From "The Goddess Companion" By Patricia Monaghan

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sat 01/19/08 06:54 PM
Today's Goddess: Kupala
Water Blessing Festival (Bulgaria)

Themes: Joy; Health; Cleansing
Symbols: Water; Flowers; Fern; Birchwood

About Kupala: The Slavic Goddess of springs and water, Kupala, whose name literally means "to bathe", washes us with happiness and longevity. Oddly enough, she has a fire aspect too, which likely alludes to purification, protection, and transformation. Wildflowers, birch trees, and ferns were sacred to her.

To Do Today: To bring a year filled with joy, contentment, and health, leave a natural-fiber cloth outside today to gather dew. Use it tomorrow to bathe in Kupala's magic!

Take some flower petals to any moving water source (even a hose) and toss them on the stream. As you do, make a wish for something that will make you really happy. Let Kupala, in the form of the water, carry your wish toward manifestation. To rid yourself of sickness, negativity, or a bad habit before the year really gets rolling, find a safe fire source (such as a candle that's self-contained in glass). Put this on the floor and jump over it. As you do, say,

Old burns away; only the good, the good shall stay. Old to new, old to new, Kupala, my heart renew. This symbolically leaves the old behind and invokes Kupala's aid in your efforts for positive change.

From "365 Goddess" by Patricia Telesco

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sat 01/19/08 06:48 PM
Clinging To The Core
When Our World Falls Apart

There are times when our whole world seems to be falling apart around us, and we are not sure what to hold onto anymore. Sometimes our relationships crumble and sometimes it’s our physical environment. At other times, we can’t put our finger on it, but we feel as if all the walls have fallen down around us and we are standing with nothing to lean on, exposed and vulnerable. These are the times in our lives when we are given an opportunity to see where we have established our sense of identity, safety, and well-being. And while it is perfectly natural and part of our process to locate our sense of self in externals, any time those external factors shift, we have an opportunity to rediscover and move closer to our core, which is the only truly safe place to call home.

The core of our being is not affected by the shifting winds of circumstance or subject to the cycles of change that govern physical reality. It is as steady and consistent as the sun, which is why the great mystics and mystical poets often reference the sun in their odes to the self. Like the sun, there are times when our core seems to be inaccessible to us, but this is just a misperception. We know that when the sun goes behind a cloud or sets for the night, it has not disappeared but is simply temporarily out of sight. In the same way, we can trust that our inner core is always shining brightly, even when we cannot quite see it.

We can cling to this core when things around us are falling apart, knowing that an inexhaustible light shines from within ourselves. Times of external darkness can be a great gift in that they provide an opportunity to remember this inner light that shines regardless of the circumstances of our lives. When our external lives begin to come back together, we are able to lean a bit more lightly on the structures we used to call home, knowing more clearly than ever that our true home is that bright sun shining in our core.

from http://www.dailyom.com

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sat 01/19/08 06:34 PM
Elder's Meditation of the Day

"Heal yourself-your physical and spiritual bodies. Regenerate yourself with light, and then help those who have poverty of the soul. Return to the inner spirit, which we have abandoned while looking elsewhere for happiness." --Willaru Huayta, QUECHUA NATION, PERU

It is difficult to look inside ourselves, especially when we see conflict or confusion. During times of conflict we need to realize that we are talking to ourselves about our thoughts. This conversation is printing in our subconscious and forming our beliefs. During times of conflict we need to ask the spirit to control our self-talk. Only thorough finding that inner place and going there during troubled times will we ever find happiness.

Great Spirit, You are my peace and you dwell within me. Let me look for You within myself.

From http://www.whitebison.org

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sat 01/19/08 06:30 PM
"People occasionally ask me, in connection with family members or for themselves for the future, whether it is better to bury a dead person or have them cremated. It is difficult to reply categorically to such a question. For most humans, burial is certainly preferable, because their soul needs a great deal of time to leave the physical body: they were so attached to material possessions and earthly pleasures that their soul remains there, restlessly drifting around their body. Some won't even have believed in life after death, so now they don't understand where they are. They need entities from the invisible world to enlighten and guide them. So, if their body is burnt after their death, they are left disoriented by the brutal separation of their body and soul. On the other hand, very spiritual beings, who have learnt all their life to detach themselves from matter, can be cremated: fire helps them to cut all links with their physical body more quickly. But those who conduct such a cremation must possess a certain spiritual knowledge, so as to be conscious of what they are doing. The body of a human being, even when dead, must not be burnt as though it were a piece of old furniture."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Fri 01/18/08 05:29 AM
The Goddess Companion

I am beautiful, I am indeed beautiful:
I am the spirit of the earth itself.

The earth's strength is my strength.

The earth's thoughts are my thoughts.

All that the earth is, all that is everywhere I am.

I am beautiful, I am indeed beautiful.
~Navaho Chant of the Changing Woman

What woman among us can truly celebrate her beauty? Once we livd in small communities, surrounded by people like ourselves. We felt the wind on our faces and the warmth of the sun; we fed ourselves with food harvested by our own labor. A woman in such a community was never just a visual object, to be observed and evaluated from a distance. She was known for her hard work or her easy laughter, for her kind words or her exhuberant dancing. When those in her community looked at her, they did not see a still life but a moving picture.

Today we are surrounded by still pictures of women, models who pose on every corner, every passing bus, every magazine cover. We know nothing of these women. We do not know which of them lost thier brothers to early deaths, or which were hurt by cruel parents. We do not know which one loves the flashing rainbow or the thunder. We see them only as visual compositions; we cannot see thier hearts.

This is the vision of beauty we are offered now. Yet the wise ones of the desert knew that woman's beauty is as various as the seasons, as changeful as the skies, as complex as a snake's brilliant markings. Let us rejoice, as they did, in the variety and depth of every woman.

From "The Goddess Companion" By Patricia Monaghan

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Fri 01/18/08 05:28 AM
Today's Goddess: Nungeena
Festival of Perth (Australia)

Themes: Restoration; Creativity; Beauty
Symbols: Birds or Feathers; All Artistic Creations

About Nungeena: This Aborigine Mother Goddess took on the task of restoring beauty to the world after an evil spirit destroyed it with insects. Call. on her for assistance when you feel that a cherished project or goal has been ravaged similarly by malintent or negativity.

According to the legend, Nungeena made birds to eat all the insects Marmoo (an evil spirit) let loose on the world. But these were not just any birds: they were the most attractive of all-the lyre birds. In turn, the lyre birds made assistants like magpies to help with their sacred task. Together they renewed the world's beauty.

To Do Today: Dust off any home crafts or arts that have been neglected on a back shelf and work on them for a while today. If time doesn't allow for this, find some way to bring a little extra beauty to the world-toss some flowering seeds in an open field, deliver food or clothing to a charitable organization, or just smile at a stranger.

In Australia this is the Festival of Perth, a huge arts festival that features local talent including dancers, mimes, opera, musicians, and some sports competitions. If there are any art galleries in your neck of the woods, go to them today to honor Nungeena and enjoy the creative works.

From "365 Goddess" by Patricia Telesco

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Fri 01/18/08 05:25 AM
"The knowledge we possess falls into two categories: that which is truly ours, because we have really tasted it and lived it, and that which is in some way foreign to us, because it remains theoretical book knowledge. Those content to limit themselves to theoretical knowledge will return in their next life as ignorant and as limited as they would if they had never learnt anything. Whereas the most humble, insignificant men and women, who have worked to put into practice what they have learnt in the realm of virtues, will return with faculties that enable them to manifest as truly wise and intelligent beings. Knowledge that you have put into practice, made part of your life, will remain in your possession for ever: you will take it with you to whatever planet you go to live on in the future. But all your theoretical knowledge, which, in fact, is only borrowed knowledge, will be erased and lost to you." --Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Fri 01/18/08 05:21 AM
Witnessing Nature Through Meditation
Bird Meditation

When the weather gets colder it can be more difficult to get in touch with the marvel of nature as it exists around us. Finding innovative ways to really connect with nature brings us closer to the wonders that envelop our lives. One way to do this is to perform a meditation with our feathered friends, the bird kingdom.

Just by taking a few moments each day to watch the bird activity that goes on in our backyards through our windows can bring a sense of calm and well-being to our lives. Watching and being with the birds that we share our garden space with us allows us to experience greater feelings of relaxation and gratitude for the diversity that is always present around us. Simply watching, without judgment or expectations, heightens our awareness of the beauty of nature. If you watch the birds for a long enough period of time you will begin to feel a great sense of deep joy within you knowing we are all truly divine. Doing this with our family members will in turn introduce a meditative practice that can easily be shared and appreciated by all, as well as create deeper bonds with each other through the joy of experiencing the healing power of nature.

Looking through our windows and placing a feeder and bird bath in our gardens to attract the birds is a way to call forth beauty into our lives. As we consciously connect with our outer world—even when the weather inhibits us from physically being in it—we see that the splendor we view outside of our windows is simply a reflection of what lies within us.

From http://www.dailyom.com

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Fri 01/18/08 05:18 AM
Elder's Meditation

"Silence is the absolute poise or balance of body, mind and spirit." --Charles A. Eastman (Ohiyesa), SANTEE SIOUX

Be still and know. All new learnings, all ideas about new things, creativity, daydreaming and mental effectiveness come to those who learn about silence. All warriors know about the power of silence. All Elders know about stillness. Be still and know God. Meditation is about the place of silence. This is the place to hear God's voice. We can find tremendous amounts of knowledge in the place of silence. This is the sacred place of God.

Great Spirit, teach me the power of silence.

From http://www.whitebison.org

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Fri 01/18/08 04:31 AM

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Thu 01/17/08 04:31 AM
wow, I didn't think I'd get this many responces so soon. Here's my two cents... I don't believe it promotes REAL Witchcraft. However, what if it did promote REAL Witchcraft? Is Witchcraft so horrible that the Vatican has to formally condemn this book series? Are they going to start another Inquisition? Why is Witchcraft such a threat? I'm a Pagan and a Witch... why are my spiritual beliefs and practices such a threat to so many that they must protect their children from me and those like me?

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Thu 01/17/08 04:24 AM

If you wanted to do a Healing spell, what day, hour of day, astrological sign, would it need to be in?

Personally, if I were doing a healing spell I would do it during the wanning moon. The wanning moon is the best time for banishing spells which is what a healing spell is. I always do my magickal work at night because that is what I'm personally comfortable with.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Thu 01/17/08 04:08 AM
In your opinion, does the Harry Potter book series promote the use of real Witchcraft? What other thoughts and opinions do you have on this subject?

JK Rowling's Harry Potter condemned in Vatican newspaper
By Malcolm Moore and Nigel Reynolds
Last Updated: 2:27am GMT 17/01/2008
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/01/15/nharry 115.xml

An article in the Vatican’s official newspaper has condemned JK Rowling’s Harry Potter books for posing a danger to children by promoting witchcraft and the occult.

In a damning indictment of the bestselling books, among the most successful in publishing history, the Vatican’s official newspaper L’Osservatore Romano, has called the teenage boy wizard “the wrong kind of hero”.

Under the headline 'The double face of Harry Potter’, the lengthy article concludes: “Despite the values that we come across in the narration, at the base of this story, witchcraft is proposed as a positive ideal.

"The violent manipulation of things and people comes thanks to knowledge of the occult.

“The ends justify the means because the knowledgeable, the chosen ones, the intellectuals know how to control the dark powers and turn them into good.

“This a grave and deep lie, because it is the old Gnostic temptation of confusing salvation and truth with a secret knowledge.”

“The characterisation of common men who do not know magic as 'muggles’ who know nothing other than bad and wicked things is a truly diabolical attitude.”

The piece goes on to compare Harry Potter unfavourably with two other great British children’s classics, the Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings, epics both written by Christians with deeply-held beliefs.

The article, by Edoardo Rialti, a professor of literature at Florence University, said that the works of Tolkien and Lewis show “a transcendence and the beauty of the infinite.”

Potter books, he said, have an “inverted and confused spirituality: a world where bad is good” and that they are characterised by a “vague, new-age philosophy”.

However, his attack was answered in a parallel article on the same page by Paolo Gulisano, the author of a book on Tolkien.

Mr Gulisano wrote of Harry Potter: “He carries the reader from the vision of a selfish man towards a vision of a man guided by moral values, the choice of good, sacrifice, friendship, love.”

The Vatican line on JK Rowling’s teenage wizard has hardened considerably since Pope Benedict XVI, formerly Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, a hardline theologian said by some to have strong views on the Devil and exorcism, succeeded Pope John Paul II.

The latter once praised JK Rowling for leading the life of a good Christian and Holy See officials during his papacy said that Harry Potter was clearly fighting against Satanism.

But two years before he was elected Pope, Cardinal Ratzinger wrote a letter to a supporter calling the Potter story “a subtle seduction, which has deeply unnoticed and direct effects in undermining the soul of Christianity before it can really grow properly”.

A spokesman for JK Rowling declined to comment.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 23 24