Community > Posts By > Jill298

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/29/12 06:14 PM
I think the only thing that truly offended me was the ordering pizza out of the funeral funds at grandmother's funeral by my Aunt, my grandmother's daughter. You're right, the rest just made me uncomfortable but that really offended me.

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/29/12 05:25 PM
Hope all goes well for you and yours flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/29/12 05:19 PM
I was more than willing, even thru the crying, to talk about him and his life and accomplishments. I wanted to do more than just mourn his loss, I wanted to celebrate his life. It didn't seem like that was the case.
I know at my grandmother's funeral, I was actually called "dramatic" because I didn't feel like getting my picture taken. People were lining up together, posing, and all that for pictures. I didn't want to do that. I just wanted to sit with my family. I just didn't feel it was right. Maybe it's just me, I know how stubborn I am flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/29/12 02:55 PM
Are funerals and visitation services such a social event? I just came back from a visitation service, and it just amazed me how many people were there, eating, laughing, talking, socializing... right there with the person that died in the room. I know it's customary to have a lil party after the service, but this was during the service. It's one thing to have a celebration of life, tell tales & stories about the person that has passed, relive the good times. That's wonderful. But this, this was something else altogether. This was like a picnic, or a social gathering after church, everyone chitter chattering while munching on cookies and coffee. I noticed some of the people looking at me like they couldn't figure out why I was so sad and crying. It was the same way at my grandmother's funeral recently. They literally ordered pizza to the funeral home, so it would "come out of the funeral expenses and we don't have to pay for it" kids running around knocking stuff over, yelling, screaming, etc etc
Maybe it's just me, but I just find it "tacky" for lack of a better word. I come to a funeral to pay my respects to the person that died and their family. I don't come to a funeral for the cookies & pizza.

Jill298's photo
Mon 02/27/12 08:45 PM
in my opinion, if you think it may be wrong for your marriage and you're having your doubts it's better to not do it at all.

Jill298's photo
Mon 02/27/12 08:43 PM

I'm guessing you feel it's wrong, since you feel the need to ask.
Was going to say the same thing...

Jill298's photo
Mon 02/27/12 08:37 PM
If there is no solution to the problem, don't worry about it. If there is a solution to the problem, then don't worry about it. - Dahli Lama

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 01:29 PM
You're super cute. I would suggest adding a few more things about you. Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 01:06 PM
Edited by Jill298 on Sun 02/26/12 01:07 PM
Its not that I have anything against Nigerians or Indians. My cousin's husband is Nigerian, they frequently visit Nigeria. However, there's LOTS of scams coming out of Nigeria. And quite frankly, when you're talking about a dating site, even it's legit and not a scam, I'm just plain not interested in dating someone from Nigeria or any other country besides the one I live in.

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 12:13 PM
flowerforyou love it ty

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 12:11 PM

A very tender reflection of all that time,,,,becomes...
A very nice first post here,,and your very good at your expressions to read here,,,looking forward to reading more,,and WELCOME HERE..
Have a great day,,flowerforyou
agreed
Hi Jill..glad to see you here again,,haven't seen ya for awhile....hugs,,and welcome back on..flowerforyou
ty flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 12:11 PM

A very tender reflection of all that time,,,,becomes...
A very nice first post here,,and your very good at your expressions to read here,,,looking forward to reading more,,and WELCOME HERE..
Have a great day,,flowerforyou
agreed
Hi Jill..glad to see you here again,,haven't seen ya for awhile....hugs,,and welcome back on..flowerforyou
ty flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 12:09 PM

No......

but thanks for askin..........

Hi Jill!!! waving

Longtimenosee!!!

waving waving waving hi. Yea I left for awhile, needed a break from the drama lol I can see not much has changed. frustrated laugh

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 12:08 PM
I blocked them all... just seems to be higher than normal lol

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 12:05 PM
They were all from Nigeria and India.

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 12:05 PM
of being online I received 5 emails from 5 different people all from other countries. Anyone else get a lot of this?

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 12:00 PM

Thank you, it just flows out of me at times. Like my dance. It is a way of expression that may not always make sense to all.
It doesn't have to make sense to everyone flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 10:45 AM
I LOVE creative writing. It's such a great way express yourself and your imagination, which you seem to have a lot of :)

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 10:43 AM
I hope you have a wonderful birthday. flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Sun 02/26/12 10:39 AM
Because they are not really MEN.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25