Community > Posts By > geektothetenth

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 06/20/09 08:53 AM
If you post in rate my profile, you're going to have to deal with criticism.

You could try to smile though cause you look pissed off.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 06/20/09 08:38 AM

Get out your apple (vodka) martinis and throw on your dance clothes, it's time to go out and chase some tail, have some fun, get lit and throw caution to the wind trying to pick up some gold digger at the club and trick her in to going home with you, right?

Waste of time.

What happened to the rough and rugged men of the past, who played cards and drank whiskey and smoked and chewed and shot guns and worked for a living? Nowadays I don't know who's more "girly", the women that I meet or the men that they go after.

You'll pack yourself into a gym 5 days a week for a 2 hour workout but you refuse to do any job that involves actual work. "I'm too smart to be a construction worker," or is it "I'm too lazy?"

I have a bunch of peers who got laid off 2 months ago (1 girl and about 10 guys, isn't life fair?) and NONE of them have found another job yet. Don't know about everyone, but my butt would be doing something other than sitting around waiting for another engineering position to fall in my lap.

Where's the woodworking and beer drinking gone? Why do men try so hard to keep their hair neat and their fingernails clean nowadays? Where are the real men?

Why do I care???? I don't really:laughing:

Aren't there plenty of manly dudes on the oil rig? Why don't you ask them out? Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding the purpose of this postdevil

The job market today is simply not the same as ones past. Many of the manual labor jobs are automated, it is a shame but there are fewer and fewer craftspeople nowadays.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 06/20/09 08:17 AM

I won't try to speak for everybody, but -- if I had a nickel for every profile I've read that was SO empty and vapid that it wasn't even worth the 4 seconds it took to read it -- the ones that say "I don't know what to write here" or "Anything you want to know, you'll have to ask" or "I'm not going to fill this out until I see if it's worth it" or "I'm laid back and easy going" or that sort of thing -- I could buy myself a dozen Saturn rockets and have enough money left over to go to Arby's.

If someone isn't interested enough to read a few paragraphs about you, is that someone you really think is worth your time?

I don't know. My profile is long, and one of the reasons for that is that it WEEDS OUT the ones who either don't have the time, the patience, or the literacy skills to read it. I wouldn't want to deal with those people anyway.

"Informative yet simple" is good -- but I think you're coming up a little short on the "informative" part. Just one guy's opinion.

Common Lex, it's not nearly as bad as a lot of them. There are some that literally say "if you wanna know anything jus ask".

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 06/19/09 02:37 PM
Edited by geektothetenth on Fri 06/19/09 02:38 PM
Also don't drink soda caffeinated, cola type sodas seem to be the worst according to a study done by Tufts University.

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 06/19/09 02:25 PM

Now I know that most of you that post regularly on the forums do not hold professional wrestling in the highest esteem. If you are such a person, I very humbly and respectfully request that you refrain from posting in this topic. This is for the people who do care about wrestling.

The name Mitsuharu Misawa is a name many stateside wrestling fans may not recognize. He never wrestled in WWE. He never wrestled in TNA. Throughout his storied career, he only appeared in North American rings a handful of times.

But Misawa was one of the most celebrated and gifted wrestlers in the Orient. He was a 5-time All Japan Triple Crown champion and a 3-time GHC heavyweight champion. And he ended up giving thirty years of his life, culminating in the end of his life, to the sport of wrestling.

On June 13th, 2009, Misawa was wrestling in a tag match on a Pro Wrestling Noah show. Only a few minutes into the match, Akitoshi Saito delivered a back suplex, which was well-executed and not botched. Misawa's heart stopped beating from the impact his body sustained. Paramedics rushed to the ring and tried for several minutes to resuscitate Misawa as concerned Japanese fans called out his name.

Misawa was then rushed to a hospital. He was pronounced dead at approximately 10:10 PM (Japanese time), just hours after the match. He was five days short of his 48th birthday.

As an avid follower of Japanese wrestling, I'm still pretty choked. Misawa meant everything to Japanese wrestling. He was the country's most popular and dominant wrestler of the past two decades, he was owner of one of the top three wrestling companies in Japan, and he was the chairman of the Global Pro Wrestling Alliance, an affiliation of several promotions worldwide.

I don't know what else to say...I was just thinking about the death and needed to post this to get it off my chest. Thank you.

Wow, that is sad, I feel for that guy Saito as well. BTW, the term Orient, it's generally more acceptable to use Asia or in this case Japan. Some asians take offense to it, I guess because it's considered Eurocentric. I don't take offense I just think it sounds anachronistic.

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 06/19/09 02:05 PM

We would have never had milk if it wasn't fer the rednecks.....It was a redneck that was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

That was how milk came about. Funny, but bestiality came about in a similar manner, except the redneck found a male.

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 06/19/09 01:24 PM
I don't know if just telling a racist joke means someone is a bigot. One year in college I rented a house with some of my friends, I was the token asian, there was a Haitian guy, a mexican, an italian/french guy (his parents were from those countries and he spoke french so I consider him European-american instead of just white, there was a white guy (who had black 1/2 siblings). There were lots of racist jokes flying around all the time, we were all comfortable with it.

I think sometimes it's more bigoted to not be able to get into such a comfort zone with people from other places that you can't just joke about it.

To the Susan Boyle thing, she is not attractive to me. If you find her ugly that is not a prejudiced statement, it's an opinion. If people are saying she's stupid because she's ugly and ugly people are stupid, that would be bigoted.

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 06/19/09 08:59 AM
Edited by geektothetenth on Fri 06/19/09 09:00 AM
Yup, I am. It's not that I think it's right or that I mean to be but if I took a real honest look at myself I'd have to say yes. I think everyone has bias's and preconceptions and I think it's less bigoted to admit them and think about them than to deny them.

If someone told me to picture a doctor on the spot, most likely I'd picture a white guy or asian guy. If someone told me to picture a basketball player most likely a black guy would be my first thought. If I see a thugged out black dude I have certain preconceptions about their life, never mind the fact that I was friends with guys who dressed like that in college and who had never committed a crime in their lives, If I see a black guy in dressed business casual or in business attire I have a different preconception of him.

As a minority I've thought a lot about race and I see it through different eyes (more slanty ones...whoops just popped out). I notice that in american movies Jet Li and Jackie Chan can be ***-kicking heros but they don't get the sex scenes that white or black or latino ***-kicking heros get because asian males are not "sexy" to hollywood. I noticed in the Rock with Sean Connery, why are the loud mouths black people...(guy on the trolley and women in the alcatraz prison).

I've told and been the butt of racist jokes. I inwardly groan when I see a fat person walking towards my seat on the train because I know that when they sit next to me they'll be half in my seat forcing me to be squished in.

If I took the time to protest every unfair thing I saw I'd never do anything other than protest all day everywhere and get in constant fights. A lot of people say they're color blind and non prejudiced, it's the PC thing to do, but without talking about these issues progress will stop at a point where it's not okay to be blatantly racist but the subconscious bias' we develop growing up will continue to negatively impact our society.

geektothetenth's photo
Wed 06/17/09 04:28 PM

What's in a name?

With a President named Bush, and a VP named D1ck....it's no wonder we were getting F*****

so does that apply to our current president and his middle name?

I can't come up with a sexual innuendo for Hussein. Would if I could.

geektothetenth's photo
Wed 06/17/09 04:16 PM
What's in a name?

With a President named Bush, and a VP named D1ck....it's no wonder we were getting F*****

geektothetenth's photo
Wed 06/17/09 04:10 PM
Herpes, it's the gift that lasts a lifetime. And you don't have to worry about an African child getting his foot lopped off for trying to run away from the diamond mine.

geektothetenth's photo
Wed 06/17/09 03:48 PM
I think it's funnier that Shaq wants to be an undercover cop when he retires.

geektothetenth's photo
Wed 06/17/09 03:44 PM
Go do volunteer activities in your community...you do know there are women there and viola you just met someone who also has a similar interest in philanthropy. Or if you wanna meet someone more hardcore about it, go do peace corps.

geektothetenth's photo
Wed 06/17/09 03:31 PM

Okay here goes

Guys I am not being a jerk - nor am I being macho - I am trying to be nice and help all of us with this response

What I mean is that we can say anything we want online. Because everyone is an author at heart. We have spell checks - wikipedia - dictionaries and yahoo/google. We get a chance to think before talk and we can do other things while talking to you.

Now get us on the phone?

No spell check so we have to use our vocabulary

No dictionaries/wikipedia so we have to use what we actually know

And we our talking to you and once we do not say something we get nervous or you ask what are you doing?

And we have to TELL YOU or make something up!

SOoooooooooooo

If you want to get to KNOW that man you are interested in....

Give him your phone number

If you do not like what you hear....then don't talk to him...if they continue to call over and over and over....stop answering and they will go away....trust me

People can do a reverse look up on the phone number and get an address. It's also more annoying to have to screen phone calls than block emails.

Yes people can use spell check, but what does that have to do with vocabulary? You'd use a thesaurus for vocab. (how would you know how someone spells by talking to them?). If someone doesn't really know a word, often times they use it wrong even if it's a synonym for a word they do know how to use.

And just because the person has a chance to think about what they're going to write before they write it, they still have to think about what they're writing, it's still their own thoughts. And if someone doesn't know something before hand and looks it up on wiki...well, now they know it.

You can get a general idea of a person's intellect and behavior via email. People can lie on the phone just as easily as in print.

geektothetenth's photo
Wed 06/17/09 03:21 PM
If possible I try to get out of email ASAP and move to phone and then meeting somewhere public. Though to be honest I'm probably wittier in type. It just seems like even if you connect with someone, if you keep it to emails too long sooner or later people go poof. Besides I'd rather find out sooner than later if we aren't compatible in real life, saves time.

geektothetenth's photo
Wed 06/17/09 03:11 PM

Miami Dolphins are coming for youlaugh drinker

The dolphins don't get to beat up the pitiful AFC and NFC west divisions this coming year, they get the NFC South and AFC South.
2008 AFC west record 23 wins 41 losses
2008 NFC west record 22 wins 42 losses
total = 45 wins-83 losses

2008 AFC South = 38 wins 26 losses
2008 NFC South = 40 wins 24 losses
total = 78 wins 50 losses

I think they finish second in their division after the Pats battling for a wildcard against Ravens, and Texans (I'm guessing the Titans take a step back without Haynesworth).

geektothetenth's photo
Wed 06/17/09 11:26 AM

i agree,the 49ers suck!.i'm a Broncos fan myself (yes they have done crappy after Elway retired),my brother's brother-in-law is a big 49ers fan and is always talking about how good Frank Gore and their Lineback Willis (can't think of his first name)is but they can't be that great,look how long it's been since they've been to the superbowl!

Owww, being a Broncos fan must hurt right now. You did get Dawkins, and though he's a step slower and can't cover well anymore, that defense should get a big shift in attitude, you're going to love watching that guy. Before each game he walks around the field screaming at himself like a nut job. His intensity is contagious. But losing a franchise QB in his prime and having Brandon Marshall so disgruntled does not bode well for the offense. We'll see you in Dec.

You guys took Moreno, ya bastards, the eagles wanted him. oh well, Maclin dropped to 19 and we got him so I still consider us lucky. I don't know what the Broncs are going to do with 14 running backs.

geektothetenth's photo
Wed 06/17/09 09:51 AM

Yea I do not think any single religion is to blame.

Its a mindset, its the idea that a person can receive information from god, and not just any information but the WILL OF GOD.
This is the most destructive notion yet.

Its takes two to tango, one to spout "god will" another to believe.

Well, 2 isn't bad but it's also the mob mentality. i think it was in men in black when K said "A person is smart, people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals"

When you have a lot of people on "your side" and a bunch on the other it's just easy to group the opponent, dehumanize them, which makes it easier to fight and kill them. (ie, that guy is a muslim vs that guy is Akbar who has a wife, 2 kids and owns that gas station across the street).

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/16/09 10:28 PM
I talk openly about smoking, as much as possible unless it endangers my job. The reason is that everyone thinks pot smokers are lazy idiots with dirty phish t shirts, and scraggly beards who kick a hacky sack all day and don't work.

If people realized that yes, there are a lot of intelligent, college educated, hard working, white collar professionals who also do it but are just too scared to come out then maybe it wouldn't get such a bum rap.

It's not that smoking makes you stupid and lazy, it's just that some stupid and lazy people smoke pot. I doubt the feds are on mingle 2 to catch a stoner. And if they are, well, I hope they find someone they really like who lives too far away from them to pursue a relationship...just like the rest of us.

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/16/09 10:09 PM
nah, don't do it anymore and never will so I'm not worried. It was so long ago the statue of limitations runs out after 3 years.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25