Community > Posts By > geektothetenth

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/16/09 10:04 PM
The 49ers suck, that whole division sucks. I don't see Arizona having the same year they had last year, easy to come from nowhere, but when people see you coming? different story. I think the seahawks will be a lot better simply due to having their QB back.

I'm an Eagles fan, tough to say how they'll do this year. Hopefully Runyan will be back, just to add more depth in case Stacey's ACL isn't healed or Shawn has a setback. Good pick up with Maclin and Ingram, not sold on McCoy. McCoy had the worst vertical and broad jump in his pro day compared to the RBs at the combine, even Beenie Wells who has about 20 more pounds of muscle on his frame out jumped him, shows lack of explosive power. He also runs to the outside too much, and needs to work on putting the ball on his outside arm when running, as he is now he's a fumble machine waiting to happen. McCoy just doesn't look like he runs with power and he looks like a guy that can be arm tackled easily. Regardless we need another RB.

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:52 PM
Edited by geektothetenth on Tue 06/16/09 09:53 PM

It does have carcinogens, burning anything creates carcinogens. Burnt food has carcinogens. There has yet to be a study linking it to cancer probably because people who smoke cigs, smoke way more cigs than someone would smoke pot. I smoke both, and where I might smoke a pack of cigs a day during a stressful week I wouldn't smoke 5 let alone 10 joints in a day. Though in the past I have smoked everyday for several years at a time. Let's just say I used to have a hobby that ran up the electric bill, the paranoia is not worth it though.

http://www.nature.com/onc/journal/v27/n3/abs/1210641a.html

link below is the laymans version for those of you who don't have a subscription to oncogene (what, you don't read Oncogene Journal for fun?noway) , study was done by Harvard Dept of experimental medicine at Beth Isreal Deaconess Medical Center (it's as prominent as Sloan Kettering or Mayo Clinic)

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/marijuana-ingredient-cuts-lung-cancer-growth-spread-18538.html

THC has been shown to selectively induce apoptosis (mediated cell death) of cultured (meaning tissue culture, not that they took them to see an opera) glioblastoma cells.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/m58jx46251w0287g/

It's been shown to inhibit angiogenesis of cancer in certain pathways (there are many ways to get cancer and many different pathways). Thus starving the tumor.

The body produces cannabinoids and they seem to play a role in mediating the immune system. At Temple University Medical School in Philadelphia they're currently looking at cannabinoids as a therapy for MS, it's also been looked at in regards to Rheumatoid Arthritis. Both are auto immune diseases, THC seems to "calm" the overactive immune response.

Some say THC acts as a bronchial dilator, opens up the airways and might be used as a therapy for Asthma. But since I can't find a real peer reviewed science journal on this other than some alternative medicine mumbo jumbo, I'd give it a maybe.

Hmmm, not a cure you say? So far it might have therapeutic uses in
Glaucoma, brain cancer, lung cancer, various other cancers, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, other auto immune disorders, asthma.

Here in the US less than a quarter ounce is most likely a violation, maybe a fine or they swipe it. Unless you're black and in the hood. Then I think they tase you until your pubes fall off, but I'm pretty sure it's not a judge ordered punishment.

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/16/09 09:49 PM
Edited by geektothetenth on Tue 06/16/09 09:53 PM
Woops double post when I tried to edit.

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/16/09 07:57 PM
There was a time when Christians did not tolerate those who did not share their point of view and they forced it on aboriginal peoples at the tip of the sword and the business end of a gun.

I work with lots of muslims, none of them have ever tried to convert me. However plenty of people have tried to hand me little bible pamphlets. I usually just ask them if they have the newest Harry Potter book instead.

I don't have an issue with either, just leave me out of the whole thing.

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/16/09 07:50 PM
Use a vape.

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/16/09 10:10 AM

i'm not reel smart...butt i cin lift hevy tings:smile: bigsmile

Well then maybe you can pick up my friends girlfriend from the Krispy creme at 4:30.

I am SO gonna catch flak:tongue:

geektothetenth's photo
Tue 06/16/09 05:33 AM

The guys in a coma. Pull the plug? Daisies in his butthole? Write on his body? Paint his nails? Color his weenie? Pluck his eyebrows? Order a sex change? Nice crowd. Evil. Pure inherent evil. Glad to see so much love. You forgot to mention shoving a 109 millimeter howitzer up his ass. Let's go for overkill. How about murdering all his family with machetes and flamethrowers? Maybe Ping pong with his eyeballs? Yeah, lotta love here. Bunch of winners.
What should she do Biker send him roses?flowerforyou
....first off, the stories full of holes. Secondly- if its true- you walk away. I refuse to talk ill of the dead or dying regardless of their history. Its inhuman.

F, Hitler, yeah, F him in his anti-semitic ass. F the Columbine Kids, F that guy who went to the Binghamton Civic Center and opened fire. If you don't act human, you don't get the respect that humans get. JMO. Obviously this situation is different.

I think most people are kidding, nobody is seriously suggesting to pull the plug, tea bag the guy, and put daisies up his ass.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 06/15/09 09:46 PM

You know what I'd like to see more of? Men being upfront and honest about things. Now, I'm not saying all men are like this, but from what I've seen and what other women have told me, many men avoid confrontation like the plague. It isn't that difficult to just be upfront about what you're thinking. If something isn't working out, let us know. It can't be that hard.

I try to be the least sexist as possible, but if you look back 3-4 decades ago, this "liberating movement" and "equal rights" and so on started and it changed a whole lot of things.

Also the lifestyle. Go see a typical family from the 70s or earlier before, the women role was to stay home , cook and raise the kids.
The guy would work and his paycheck was enough to cover all the bills.

Now you look at today, most women work, and even if they are married, both work just to make enough to pay the bills and still end up in debt.

There is also other effects come from this + add the equal rights movement and so on...basically women are filling in a different role now, and just look...from the 60-70s..all the way back to the cavemen, women has filled in a different sort of role, whether you think it was good or bad.
It has negative effects, such as people are raised differently and think differently.
Essentially, it brings a sort of inferiority or let's say less 'superiority' to the way the men think..whether you think it's good or bad, at the end of the day it's not the men that will suffer, but the women. I'm not saying all men be like that, but it does have a pu$$yfing effect on a large selected group of men.
I know, many is gonna say, what a a$$hole, I might be thinking this way, but just see it yourself or even myself....as men loose their jobs and there are women who work, they don't wanna date a women like that, it hurts their ego, and it has nothing to do with the guy has an ego problem, but it's more like basic instinct...
It makes them feel insecure and so does all the new liberal crap way of thinking, that has done nothing but destruction for relationships.

Though I do understand the point you're getting at and I do think that society has in some respects gone too far to the other side (meaning feminist side) in terms of values, like empathy being more important than honesty, caring about feelings instead of results. I don't think this has destroyed relationships but rather it's destroyed bad relationships (the woman isn't at the mercy of the man) and allowed better ones to flourish (where both are equal partners).

I came from the typical nuclear family, dad worked mom stayed at home. My dad passed away when he was 50 (I was 20, my sis 23). I was finishing college as was my sis. Good thing we weren't 3yrs old and 6 yrs old and good thing my dad was a doctor who made plenty but we lived frugally. What happens if the father dies young? The wife who has never held a job and has no job experience is just left unable to fend for herself.

I don't think a relationship should be based on ,I have to stay with this person to survive. They should stay with one another because they want to, not because they need to.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 06/15/09 09:26 PM
Edited by geektothetenth on Mon 06/15/09 09:28 PM
If I found out a girl cheated on me, I'd pretend not to know about it and then take all her pants to the tailor and have them taken in a little and recalibrate all her scales, every 2 weeks I'd repeat it.

You said the guy was in a coma? I figure that'd be enough. But if you really wanted payback maybe replace his calender with next years and when he wakes up have all the girls show up with a 1 yr old kid and a lawyer.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:13 PM
Edited by geektothetenth on Mon 06/15/09 07:15 PM
Forgot this was the PC board, I'll bet all these people are a hoot at the comedy club. If nobody made fun of anyone else we probably wouldn't have humor. Maybe it's cause I'm a guy and that's how we talk to our friends.

All the Darwin awards stuff is hilarious to me. The kid who knew he was allergic to bee stings and threw rocks at a hive. Okay fine, he's mentally different.

Or the lady I pointed out in the funny story section who when asked by an obviously blind person to help him find an open seat, proceeded to point and say over there. Yes, stupid.

Those athletes who make millions who drive drunk when they could easily afford to have a driver or call a cab...stupid.

Pacman Jones after getting in trouble for shootings at strip clubs and then goes to a strip club before meeting the NFL commissioner to discuss his behavior...stupid.

Milton Bradley, forgot how many outs there were, with runners on base he makes a catch for the 2nd out and throws the ball into the stands...stupid.

I once went to a diner with friends, ordered coffee and soup and then proceeded to crumble up my soup crackers and put them in my coffee...stupid, my friends all bagged on me, I bagged on myself it was hilarious.

In my home area in upstate NY, there was a newspaper clipping, an old man was jerking a horse off in a field, the horse kicks the guy killing him....stupid. (everybody knows that you need to stand to the side....wait..um, I mean it'd be common sense to stand to the side)

My friend's sister, scored a 700 on the SAT...yes, that was her total score. This mensa brainiac drove the family car out of the garage...through the garage door.

I saw a video of a guy who was bungee jumping. They measured the drop from the top of the bridge to the ground below...and cut the rope exactly to that distance without taking their body length or elasticity into account...lucky he landed on his head, he could've damaged an organ that he would one day use.

Laughter, try it, some people might find they like it, some are so bold to even laugh at themselves when they're being a nimrod.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 06/15/09 02:54 PM
Anyone see this story?
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/weird/Sick-Sea-Turtle-Pays-Unexpected-Visit-To-The-Doctor.html

Apparently a sea turtle with a bacterial infection swam right up to the front door of the Florida Turtle hospital, the only licensed vet hospital to solely treat turtles in the entire world, it just hung around for a few hours until it got treatment.

After treatment it was seen complaining to it's HMO for it's outrageous co-pay.

Fine the last part is made up, the rest is true.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 06/15/09 02:46 PM

just stamp on it, it's for the best :wink:

Yes, nintendo has taught me that the proper way to deal with turtles is jump on it and then kick it into my enemies.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 06/15/09 02:45 PM
Aids isn't air borne flu is. On the flip side, if it became a deadly pandemic and the government wasn't warning people....which is worse. Be prepared and not need to be, or need to be prepared and not be?

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 06/15/09 02:40 PM
I think most diets are money makers for their inventors. Weight loss isn't rocket science, expend more calories than you take in. Of course doing it healthy is better.

Whole grains, fruits, veggies, lean meats, smaller portions, drink more water, don't eat stuff with trans fats and stay away from high fructose corn syrup. Eat more for breakfast and less for dinner. Eat less carbs especially processed carbs and more lean protein. Eat more natural stuff and less packaged stuff. And work out using weights or other resistance exercise.

Cardio like running is for cardio pulmonary health, not efficient for weight loss. Lifting increases muscle which raises basal metabolic rate for a longer period of time.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 06/15/09 02:33 PM
Supposedly the reason for the switch is to free up over the air bandwith for other stuff.

I just checked my bedroom tv and I still get everything...hooray.

There are lots of other options like Hulu. PS3 and Xbox 360 should get support for Hulu soon as well.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 06/15/09 02:23 PM
Tiny violins and cheese at the ready. Who's bringing the cake and crying clowns?

Sorry if this seems harsh (especially for someone new here) but it's been done to death and basically it boils down to everyone has their preferences, that's just life and we all have to deal with it.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 06/15/09 11:02 AM
There was a government program where they were giving away 40 dollar coupons (2 per household). It ended already though...shouldn't have procrastinated. I've always had digital cable from (blech, Comcast). But like someone else mentioned my tv in my bedroom doesn't have a cable box...oh well. I'll just have to smoke more pot and quickly move a picture book back and forth to simulate tv.

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 06/14/09 06:28 PM
and if you know a bad one, post away :tongue:

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 06/14/09 06:22 PM

A very sweet young girl wants to find an interracial site. Do you know of any quality ones that I can tell her about? I feel like a mother and want to protect her but you can't with this online thing.

Thanks, guys!

Most sites let you search by race. There's this one of course, but also match which probably has a lot more people within your location or yahoo personals. But you need to pay money for those.

Hi, thanks for posting. I don't know her location so it's not within my area. I don't know her location. I mentioned the google search engine but no one here was forthcoming with a site.

I didn't mean your location specifically, there's a lot more people in any location on match and yahoo, just more people and probably wider age range.

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 06/14/09 06:20 PM
Edited by geektothetenth on Sun 06/14/09 06:21 PM
what race is she looking for? There's a bunch of different sites in the friendfinder network. again, you have to pay to contact anyone.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25